Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (967) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2328719 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (964) (965) (966) (967) (968) (969) (970) ... (1103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chau(f): 10:17am On Nov 08, 2023
Hello all,

Pls I need help with the link to withdraw a canada visit visa application

I have seen up to three different links online and I'm not sure which one is correct to proceed?

1. https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

2. https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Lagos

3. https://secure.cic.gc.ca/clientcontact/en/application/form/74

I would be grateful if anyone can please help with this

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ComrArk: 11:38am On Nov 08, 2023
I think I Gerrit now. So three months or more waiting time after biometrics is a normal thing most especially for first timer applicants..and I was already thinking their silence means refusal
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Abis203: 12:26pm On Nov 08, 2023
HELLO GUYS

PLS I APPLIED CANADA VV FROM UK

DOES ANYONE KNOW THERE PROCESSING TIME TO MAKE DECISION

THANKS
ABIS
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 1:21pm On Nov 08, 2023
@ Abis203's

application submitted on 11th of Aug 'from UK
Bio completed
Eligibility not yet started
Background check still on progressing

1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by enny421: 3:06pm On Nov 08, 2023
So this will affect on going visa applications that went through abuja vfs?
id4sho:

Lagos Deputy commission is open, no alarm ma
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by id4sho(m): 3:32pm On Nov 08, 2023
enny421:
So this will affect on going visa applications that went through abuja vfs?
No
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mamawa123: 5:46pm On Nov 08, 2023
Can someone clarify this for me?

Visa application, tracking ID No.xxxxxxxxx. Your processed passport has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office on 2023/11/03. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.

Does this mean that VFS sent the passport to embassy on November 6?

Or

The embassy has processed and sent the passport back to VFS
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kowiy(m): 8:41pm On Nov 08, 2023
mamawa123:
Can someone clarify this for me?

Your processed passport has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office on 2023/11/03.

Visa office = IRCC
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mamawa123: 10:31pm On Nov 08, 2023
Kowiy:

Visa office = IRCC

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cfcchick: 11:06pm On Nov 08, 2023
Goodevening people,please I made a mistake on my form and I just submitted. I had a Canadian visa refusal in 2016,I forgot to include it while I include other visa refusals. Please how can I quickly rectify this? Please I'll really need answers pleaseeee๐Ÿ™
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ajalalomo: 11:53pm On Nov 08, 2023
cfcchick:
Goodevening people,please I made a mistake on my form and I just submitted. I had a Canadian visa refusal in 2016,I forgot to include it while I include other visa refusals. Please how can I quickly rectify this? Please I'll really need answers pleaseeee๐Ÿ™

Failure to declare your past Canada visa refusal will be seen as material deception, and this will have adverse effects on your eligibility review and background check.

The two options available are:
Send IRCC a webform to correct this. Upload the refusal letter if you have it.

Your second option is to cancel the application and then reapply.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emanwel: 12:05am On Nov 09, 2023
Hi, I have a valid US visa but I have not been to US yet. Will that count to a faster response? I have been to UK and Netherlands in the past. This visitor visa processing time is outrageous!!
Hemoghy2:

2months Its very rare to get update after 2 months except you are renewing your visa or you have a valid US Visa. Usually the waiting time is from 4 months and above.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cfcchick: 12:26am On Nov 09, 2023
Thank you for your response. I have just sent a Webform,I hope this will work?

Ajalalomo:

Failure to declare your past Canada visa refusal will be seen as material deception, and this will have adverse effects on your eligibility review and background check.

The two options available are:
Send IRCC a webform to correct this. Upload the refusal letter if you have it.

Your second option is to cancel the application and then reapply.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 12:56am On Nov 09, 2023
cfcchick:

Hope u attached the generic refusal letter along with what u sent?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ajalalomo: 1:03am On Nov 09, 2023
cfcchick:

It all depends on the visa officer who will go through your application. Some of them might let it slide since you've corrected your mistake, while others might see it as a fraud.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Salmahhhh(f): 4:57am On Nov 09, 2023
Please, I just got ppr for my parents but I'm not sure of the payments I should make to vfs. They did their biometrics in Lagos and we want to submit their passports in Lagos too. Also, are we putting their passports in one envelope or in two separate envelopes? Are we paying one fee for the both of them or separate fees?

Thank you!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cfcchick: 5:27am On Nov 09, 2023
No I don't have the refusal letter anymore but I gave all the information on the letter.

cfcchick:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cfcchick: 5:29am On Nov 09, 2023
Please I don't mind cancelling the application and filling the form all over again. Please can you put me through on how to cancel the application?

Please anyone have a link on how to cancel the application?๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Ajalalomo:

It all depends on the visa officer who will go through your application. Some of them might let it slide since you've corrected your mistake, while others might see it as a fraud.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Canadahome: 6:15am On Nov 09, 2023
Kennyg290:

After biometric,zero your mind for 3 months or more processing/waiting time except if are a diplomat.

What if you have a family in Canada? Is it still 3 months wait?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Canadahome: 6:20am On Nov 09, 2023
Salmahhhh:
Please, I just got ppr for my parents but I'm not sure of the payments I should make to vfs. They did their biometrics in Lagos and we want to submit their passports in Lagos too. Also, are we putting their passports in one envelope or in two separate envelopes? Are we paying one fee for the both of them or separate fees?

Thank you!

Please, how long after biometrics do you have to wait before PPR? Congratulations
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Salmahhhh(f): 6:37am On Nov 09, 2023
Canadahome:

Please, how long after biometrics do you have to wait before PPR? Congratulations

It took 3 months.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by babs4all: 7:22am On Nov 09, 2023
Good morning folks.
I submitted my application on October 6th.
Biometrics: 26th October. Though I have done one before that will expire in 2027 so I opted for another Biometrics.
Received Passport submission request today 9th November.
I just booked passport submission appointment.

Travel History:
Valid USA Visa used in July this year.
Expired unused USA visa
Expired UK Visa.
Expired Schengen Visas.

Glory to be God.
Thanks for the info from here as well.
I never used any agent in my life. I am an advocate of doing it yourself. Be patient and diligent. Check every detail.
I was rejected by Canada in 2017. I reapplied in January 2020. Covid-19 came and that application is still open till today.
USA has rejected my applications 3 times in the past.
UK also rejected me once.
So I reapplied to Canada this year.

Keep the hope alive.

Good luck to other expectants.

12 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cfcchick: 8:20am On Nov 09, 2023
Please if you withdraw or cancel an application, can you submit another one immediately or is there any timeline waiting period?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ajalalomo: 9:33am On Nov 09, 2023
cfcchick:

Please I don't mind cancelling the application and filling the form all over again. Please can you put me through on how to cancel the application?

Please anyone have a link on how to cancel the application?๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

If you withdraw your application, you will have to pay to reapply again. You can use any of the links below:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/clientcontact/en/application/form/74

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by djbaju(m): 10:05am On Nov 09, 2023
Good morning, everyone. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could kindly clarify the content of this note for me. I want to be certain that I fully understand the situation.

In August 2022, I and four of my friends were introduced to an agent who was supposed to assist us with obtaining a Canadian working visa. We each made a partial payment, and the agent guided us through the required steps, including medical examinations and biometrics. However, as we kept asking for updates, we received no response, and it seemed like the agent was not concerned because he had already received money from the initial deposits made by five individuals.

In the end, after much pressure, he provided the first person with a refusal note. This note indicated inadmissibility and misrepresentation, which caused alarm for all of us. Consequently, we continued to pressurize him to provide the remaining refusal notes. Eventually, it was revealed that four of us had been declared inadmissible for a period of five years. However, in my case, I received a refusal but still have concerns. This is why I requested a GCMS note, which I learned about from a student platform.

I have also applied to NSCC, although I have not received a response from them yet. I submitted my transcript on October 3rd, with it being fast-tracked. I want to ensure that I do not waste any more time and that, in case I receive an offer of admission, I will not encounter any issues related to this previous refusal. I would greatly appreciate any assistance in understanding this situation. Thank you.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by djbaju(m): 10:06am On Nov 09, 2023
other copies

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by djbaju(m): 10:07am On Nov 09, 2023
last past

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cfcchick: 10:28am On Nov 09, 2023
Thank you for your time, I really don't mind paying again but would I be able to apply for a refund? the application was cancelled within 24hrs that I submitted

Ajalalomo:

If you withdraw your application, you will have to pay to reapply again. You can use any of the links below:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/clientcontact/en/application/form/74

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Levels1(m): 1:13pm On Nov 09, 2023
cfcchick:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 1:32pm On Nov 09, 2023
@djbaju

From the GCMS note, it shows that you applied for a visitor visa in 2022, not a work permit, as you claimed.

The good part is that you were not banned; therefore, you're good to apply again, but make sure you declare this Canada visa refusal and any other refusals in your next application.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by id4sho(m): 2:14pm On Nov 09, 2023
djbaju:
last past

Yeye agent applied for visitors Visa instead of work Visa. Reapply and state your rejection

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ajalalomo: 2:36pm On Nov 09, 2023
cfcchick:
Thank you for your time, I really don't mind paying again but would I be able to apply for a refund? the application was cancelled within 24hrs that I submitted

Yes, you can apply for a refund. The truth is that I haven't seen anyone in this forum whose money was refunded after an application was withdrawn or canceled.

Send IRCC webform to ask for refund, or use any of the links below to make your refund request:

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/information/fees/refund.asp

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

(1) (2) (3) ... (964) (965) (966) (967) (968) (969) (970) ... (1103) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Olaniyi2955, Jokky001 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.