Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (970) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2328147 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (967) (968) (969) (970) (971) (972) (973) ... (1103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emanwel: 7:13am On Nov 13, 2023
You’ll be notified through the email used in application. With your application done by an agent, my guess is the agent used his email or an email he created for your application so you won’t see anything if you don’t have access.

Nkaluu800:
Greetings everyone.

Do I get notified via email from IRCC once my application is submitted by the Agent handling my application?

Assuming it was submitted on November 1st, When can I go for biometrics?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emanwel: 7:18am On Nov 13, 2023
It MAY be treated promptly. Did you ever travel with the visa and declared it in your travel history?

Deronke1:
How about having a valid canada visa but about to expire in like 2 weeks? Would it still be treated promptly?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Deronke1: 8:43am On Nov 13, 2023
Yes i travelled with it to birth my baby over there and came back.
Now i want to go back and the reason I stated was to take my child who is a Canadian citizen to see our family doctor over there.

My current visa would expire soon.

Hopefully they answer me fast

Emanwel:
It MAY be treated promptly. Did you ever travel with the visa and declared it in your travel history?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by halle2: 9:42am On Nov 13, 2023
Hello everyone
Please has anyone here with visitor visa status in Canada successfully applied for a study permit while in Canada? A family relative is in a dilemma because she was denied study permit while here in Canada based on insufficient funds and that the purpose of visit is not consistent with a temporary stay based on what she provided in her application. Please note that she had paid the full tuition fee for the one year program plus approx N10M in her account.

One other thing is that she stated her Nigerian address as her residence but someone said she should have used her current address in Canada. The reason she did that was because of the belief that she is not eligible to apply for study permit from inside Canada. Note that she is still within her 6month validity as a visitor.

Must she go back to Nigeria to reapply? We can address the financial concerns raised, it's just navigating this issue on a visitor status that is our main concern. Her husband and kids are back in Nigeria and are worried as well.

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Blackgoldjoe: 10:30am On Nov 13, 2023
meljoe:
Wow congratulations

what type of USvisa u got?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 11:24am On Nov 13, 2023
halle2:
Hello everyone
Please has anyone here with visitor visa status in Canada successfully applied for a study permit while in Canada? A family relative is in a dilemma because she was denied study permit while here in Canada based on insufficient funds and that the purpose of visit is not consistent with a temporary stay based on what she provided in her application. Please note that she had paid the full tuition fee for the one year program plus approx N10M in her account.

One other thing is that she stated her Nigerian address as her residence but someone said she should have used her current address in Canada. The reason she did that was because of the belief that she is not eligible to apply for study permit from inside Canada. Note that she is still within her 6month validity as a visitor.

Must she go back to Nigeria to reapply? We can address the financial concerns raised, it's just navigating this issue on a visitor status that is our main concern. Her husband and kids are back in Nigeria and are worried as well.

Thanks

Hey !

Yes many people have done it before but yours was not planned well . You have already placed her on a status of immigrant intention but nevertheless there is HOPE .

I will suggest 2 options .

1. Go to any visa attorney in Canada and let him or her knows your intention that she doesn't want to come back to Nigeria to apply for the student visa. The immigration lawyer will guide you in planning her re-application and let the attorney knows the kind of documents and addresses you have used before . You can Google visa attorneys in your province in Canada ..I am 100% certain it will work but you will spend money oo.

2. Don't reapply for her yourself again from Canada because if they deny her the 2nd time getting any renewal would be a hell for her . In that case let her come back to Nigeria with the admission letter , payment receipt and reapply for her student visa but they will ask her in the form if she has been denied a student visa before and she should just say yes with the excuse that she was not aware that she is supposed to come and apply from Nigeria . She will have to defer the admission to fall / summer 2024.

....my best option is number 1. But if you don't want to involve attorney let her come back and do it at home ...with good planning she will get her student visa . Cheers .

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ozymes: 1:43pm On Nov 13, 2023
Abuja or Lagos ?
puffmama:
To God be all the glory .

Temporary Resident Visa ( Visitor Visa )

I didn't plan on applying for a Canada visa at all , I just came across this page early last month while checking for something else on the UK travel section of nairaland and decided to apply , I sincerely didn't think it would be approved this fast.

Application submission - 10th August

Biometrics collection letter - 11th August

Biometrics done - 22nd August

Eligibility completed - 28th August

Correspondence letter - 3rd September

Original passport request - 3rd September

Passport submission - 6th September

Passport collected - 8th September.

Thank you everyone for your contributions , God bless you . I pray we all have cause to give our testimony one after another .

What God can not do does not exist .

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Angelsl: 1:50pm On Nov 13, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

Send the IRCC a webform message, and then wait for them to reissue you a new passport request letter.

Don't forget to attach the expired passport request letter to your webform message.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=lagos

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Angelsl: 1:53pm On Nov 13, 2023
id4sho:

PPR expires after 30days of non submission or there about. Countinue email Dem and be checking her profile and email.
Best wishes

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teniola101: 6:21am On Nov 14, 2023
Hello house, I greet everyone specially with all due respect. I’m new here and I will like to ask some few questions. Actually I just got my canada visa and I’m due to travel by the end of this month. I’m going for a 1 day conference in Nanaimo, B.C. I will like to ask which airport will be my Port of entry? How many days should I book for my ticket, I was thinking of booking for 7 days I don’t know if it’s right like that, and also will I have to book for another domestic flight or bus because Nanaimo is like another 2 hours to Vancouver international airport.. I will be glad to get ideas responses. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 7:21am On Nov 14, 2023
Munachimso30:

Thanks for this

My man
How u dey nah.
How e b for your side?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ahmedio2017(m): 8:36am On Nov 14, 2023
Teniola101:
Hello house, I greet everyone specially with all due respect. I’m new here and I will like to ask some few questions. Actually I just got my canada visa and I’m due to travel by the end of this month. I’m going for a 1 day conference in Nanaimo, B.C. I will like to ask which airport will be my Port of entry? How many days should I book for my ticket, I was thinking of booking for 7 days I don’t know if it’s right like that, and also will I have to book for another domestic flight or bus because Nanaimo is like another 2 hours to Vancouver international airport.. I will be glad to get ideas responses. Thank you

Pls how did you run that conference pls put me through. I need that conference to process my visa application

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Olusapo: 12:30pm On Nov 14, 2023
Good afternoon my wonderful people here.Pls I have some questions to ask.
Pls what is the update concerning suspension of operation at the Canada embassies in Naija, ie Abuja and lagos offices?Have they resume work after the fire brakeout at Abuja embassy?

Secondly,would the suspension of operation affect responses to applicants who have already apply and did biometrics b4 the incident?
Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hunee: 12:47pm On Nov 14, 2023
On my Telegram group, some one who applied via Abuja visa was approved just after the fire incident. There was also a memo that it does not stop the processing of applications. This memo was released by the Embassy.
Olusapo:
Good afternoon my wonderful people here.Pls I have some questions to ask.
Pls what is the update concerning suspension of operation at the Canada embassies in Naija, ie Abuja and lagos offices?Have they resume work after the fire brakeout at Abuja embassy?

Secondly,would the suspension of operation affect responses to applicants who have already apply and did biometrics b4 the incident?
Thanks.

So use that for your next line of action.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Olusapo: 1:57pm On Nov 14, 2023
Thanks hunee.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Baloemmy23(m): 2:15pm On Nov 14, 2023
Please can anyone tell me the roots to take in applying for a visit visa 👏I have lost so much money on this due to looking for an agent to help me out. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by fellowtee1(m): 2:23pm On Nov 14, 2023
Hello everyone, Please I will like to know how long it takes for someone to do biometric capturing after submission of application. Your response will help me to program my planned journey Lagos as I work in a remote area. I'm about to take a 2weeks break from work.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ozymes: 3:47pm On Nov 14, 2023
So, here is the story:

First Application: May 20, 2019

Refusal: July 23,2019

Second Application: July 31, 2019

Refusal: September 12, 2019

NB: In both applications and even this current one, I had both used and unused valid B1/B2 Visas, 10 years UK Visa and used UK visas.

Third Application: 22 August 2023

BVL: 7th November 2023
PPR: 7th November 2023
PPT Submission (ABV): 8th November 2023
PPT Collection (ABV): 14th November 2023

NB: HE is always doing wonders!

8 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Horlaidey007: 5:28pm On Nov 14, 2023
Pls how much in Naira is Canada Visitor/tourist Visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teniola101: 5:48pm On Nov 14, 2023
Hello house, I greet everyone specially with all due respect. I’m new here and I will like to ask some few questions. Actually I just got my Canada visa and I’m due to travel by the end of this month. I’m going for a 1 day conference in Nanaimo, B.C. I will like to ask which airport will be my Port of entry? How many days should I book for my ticket, I was thinking of booking for 7 days I don’t know if it’s right like that, and also will I have to book for another domestic flight or bus because Nanaimo is like another 2 hours to Vancouver international airport.. I will be glad to get ideas responses. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Funky123(f): 6:04pm On Nov 14, 2023
hunee:
On my Telegram group, some one who applied via Abuja visa was approved just after the fire incident. There was also a memo that it does not stop the processing of applications. This memo was released by the Embassy.
So use that for your next line of action.

Can I join your telegram group
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by eorom: 6:38pm On Nov 14, 2023
Teniola101:
Hello house, I greet everyone specially with all due respect. I’m new here and I will like to ask some few questions. Actually I just got my Canada visa and I’m due to travel by the end of this month. I’m going for a 1 day conference in Nanaimo, B.C. I will like to ask which airport will be my Port of entry? How many days should I book for my ticket, I was thinking of booking for 7 days I don’t know if it’s right like that, and also will I have to book for another domestic flight or bus because Nanaimo is like another 2 hours to Vancouver international airport.. I will be glad to get ideas responses. Thank you

If you wish to arrive in British Columbia (BC), your port of entry is Vancouver (YVR), and then you can go via domestic routes (Busline & Car ferry, or by flight).
Going by Car Ferry is the cheaper route if you plan to save cost.
Nanaimo is on Vancouver Island and you land at YVR - Richmond, Vancouver.

You can book your 7 days, and let your conference date be within it (can always tell the border officer that you intend to visit around the city for a few days as it is your first time visiting the city.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Horlaidey007: 6:52pm On Nov 14, 2023
Hunne, Pls do you have idea how much Canada visit visa cost?

Funky123:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 6:53pm On Nov 14, 2023
Teniola101:

Use Vancouver airport as your port of entry, you can then fly to Nanaimo or use ferry and bus.

Booking 7 or more days is not going to be any problem once you have funds and accommodation to show for the duration of your intended stay.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by two4: 7:14pm On Nov 14, 2023
Hello, can anyone help me with information on how to go about my passport collection, we submitted at Lagos office, but I tracked the passport and it says it ready for pick up in Abuja, I tried to arrange for courier when I submitted to Lagos but one fraudulent woman that attended to me insisted that I pay 120k for courier service. How can I access the courier service from the website, I can’t find it. If anyone has done it recently can you put me through me
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Olasco001: 7:30pm On Nov 14, 2023
Good evening everyone, please I need update I’m currently in Uk 🇬🇧 for Master Degree program duration of 1yrs and I’ wish to visit Canadian in Second semester , please I want to assure which documents I need to gather before applying and I want to confirm if £5,000 or £6,000 is enough as prof of fund just 2 week visiting because I didn’t have money in my naira account

I have this ready
Brp card
Student Status letter
Pay slips for here
Statement of account
Please what are the rest documents I need to add up please 🙏 keep me update
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hunee: 8:47pm On Nov 14, 2023
9ja Canada Study Group - Back Up
Funky123:

Search, and join. Through this group, you can join others.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Horlaidey007: 9:04pm On Nov 14, 2023

hunee:
9ja Canada Study Group - Back Up

Search, and join. Through this group, you can join others.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hunee: 9:07pm On Nov 14, 2023
I have no idea o
Horlaidey007:

before people begin to think otherwise. lol

It cost 185CAD
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oluwaloniglory7: 10:55pm On Nov 14, 2023
Relax they will send it to Lagos

two4:
Hello, can anyone help me with information on how to go about my passport collection, we submitted at Lagos office, but I tracked the passport and it says it ready for pick up in Abuja, I tried to arrange for courier when I submitted to Lagos but one fraudulent woman that attended to me insisted that I pay 120k for courier service. How can I access the courier service from the website, I can’t find it. If anyone has done it recently can you put me through me

(1) (2) (3) ... (967) (968) (969) (970) (971) (972) (973) ... (1103) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.