Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,587 members, 7,820,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (969) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2328749 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (966) (967) (968) (969) (970) (971) (972) ... (1103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by id4sho(m): 8:53am On Nov 11, 2023
mamawa123:
Good morning guys! I submitted my passport at VFS Lagos, but below was the information I got when I used the tracking ID to track it. Although, I haven’t receive collection email yet, but my surprise is that the passport is in Abuja. Is this normal?

“The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. 2xxxxxx has been received from the IRCC Office on 2023/xxxx at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Abuja and is ready for collection. Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC.”
No problem
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 8:53am On Nov 11, 2023
mamawa123:
Good morning guys! I submitted my passport at VFS Lagos, but below was the information I got when I used the tracking ID to track it. Although, I haven’t receive collection email yet, but my surprise is that the passport is in Abuja. Is this normal?

“The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. 2xxxxxx has been received from the IRCC Office on 2023/xxxx at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Abuja and is ready for collection. Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC.”

You will receive another email later today or tomorrow stating that your passport is ready for collection at Lagos application centre.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mamawa123: 10:52am On Nov 11, 2023
oluayebenz:

You will receive another email later today or tomorrow stating that your passport is ready for collection at Lagos application centre.

Ok, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mamawa123: 10:53am On Nov 11, 2023
id4sho:

No problem

Ok, thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emanwel: 11:02am On Nov 11, 2023
Okay. This Canada processing times are not consistent. I’m sure you’ll get yours soon

adelforreal:
Yes, I do.

I have previously visited the USA, UK and UAE but currently have a valid 2year UK visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kaycherry: 6:33pm On Nov 11, 2023
Aameenaah:
sorry, I’m just seeing this. You fill out a form on cbn website. You will need your tax clearance certificate and your travel itinerary . Go into the bank and follow their directives.

Thanks a lot...I have filled the form on the cbn site but I wasn't asked for Tax clearance...just visa and flight details...hope I'm on track?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adelforreal: 6:39pm On Nov 11, 2023
Please try and get it to avoid last minute disappointment cos it will still be requested once the bank reviews your PTA application.

All the best.
Kaycherry:

Thanks a lot...I have filled the form on the cbn site but I wasn't asked for Tax clearance...just visa and flight details...hope I'm on track?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tunjilana: 8:03pm On Nov 11, 2023
Hello House

Grateful for the support received here

Application : 20th July
Biometrics : 2nd August
BVL and Passport request : 9th November.

Please do I need to book appointment to submit my passport or can I just walk-in

Regards

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adelforreal: 8:36pm On Nov 11, 2023
Congrats bro.

Any travel history? Pls share with us.
tunjilana:
Hello House

Please do I need to book appointment to submit my passport or can I just walk-in

Regards
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tunjilana: 8:42pm On Nov 11, 2023
adelforreal:
Congrats bro.

Any travel history? Pls share with us.

I have an active US visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 8:42pm On Nov 11, 2023
tunjilana:
Hello House

Regards

You need to book an appointment.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Aameenaah: 10:38pm On Nov 11, 2023
Kaycherry:

They’ll probably update your application to submit tax clearance certificate too. If you go into Stanbic to get the pta, they always ask. They asked me.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Angelsl: 7:11am On Nov 12, 2023
Angelsl:
Good afternoon everyone, please I applied for my mom’s super visa but she lost her passport and we had to get a new one, and we notified IRCC about the lost passport through web form but no response from them. We now have her new passport, my question is since she received PPR over a month ago, can we still submit her passport or we have to wait for IRCC to send another PPR. Thanks in advance for all your response.

Someone please help
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by babs4all: 7:18am On Nov 12, 2023
After passport submission, how long do I have to wait to get my passport back?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by id4sho(m): 7:37am On Nov 12, 2023
Angelsl:

Someone please help
PPR expires after 30days of non submission or there about. Countinue email Dem and be checking her profile and email.
Best wishes

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by id4sho(m): 7:41am On Nov 12, 2023
babs4all:
After passport submission, how long do I have to wait to get my passport back?
No exact time, some 2wks, some 7wks. Buy airplane ticket with passport at hand oOoOO

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 1:07pm On Nov 12, 2023
lakeside30:
After appeal for reconsideration on the claim that information request for declaration of US refusal was not provided whereas it was provided and there was an acknowledgement of mail from IRCC to that effect (though no any form was attached to the request for the applicant to fill,the applicant uses her discretion to write something and send it back to them,and was dully received) the applicant received infor that considering her appeal she should give them 5 working days for response but incase no response from them.within this period she should accept that her appeal has been refused,please whats the implications of this? Deos the applicant still have a chance after the appeal? ,has anyone find his or herself in this type of situation b4?...a friend of mine is in a dilema,please help.thanks

Any help on this?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Blossomedosomwan: 1:28pm On Nov 12, 2023
Hello guys. I am new to this and need advice. How long would a visitor visa take to visit a relative and what can I do to make it faster?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 2:39pm On Nov 12, 2023
ooh cool congrat Ma

tayogbade:

Submitted on the 7th of October 2023. My husband has travel history to UK( like 3 trips)
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Olusapo: 3:41pm On Nov 12, 2023
Good afternoon all gurus here.
Pls help me with answers on my questions:

My application for Canada tourist visa was submitted last month, biometrics done last month too. I applied for a US visa in the past but was denied.I filled it in my Canada application that I was refused an america visa but I didn't upload the refusal letter issue.Pls is this a problem?

Secondly, I didn't upload my children's birth certificate.Hope no cos for alam o!
Thanks.
Note:I used an agent.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonero230(m): 5:15pm On Nov 12, 2023
Olusapo:

My application for Canada tourist visa was submitted last month, biometrics done last month too. I applied for a US visa in the past but was denied.I filled it in my Canada application that I was refused an america visa but I didn't upload the refusal letter issue.Pls is this a problem?
Yes. Have you applied to Canada before
Yes. Have you previously been denied Canadian visa

Secondly, I didn't upload my children's birth certificate.Hope no cos for alam o!
Thanks.

Yes
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Olusapo: 5:44pm On Nov 12, 2023
Thanks for your quick response.

I haven't apply for the Canada visa before,this is my first attempt,but I applied for the US visa twice but I was denied....kindly shed more lights on my 2 questions.

Thanks so much.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Africankel(m): 5:48pm On Nov 12, 2023
Send your children's birth certificate through webform. It'll help significantly in your application.

Olusapo:

Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 7:01pm On Nov 12, 2023
Angelsl:

Someone please help

Send the IRCC a webform message, and then wait for them to reissue you a new passport request letter.

Don't forget to attach the expired passport request letter to your webform message.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=lagos

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Blossomedosomwan: 8:19pm On Nov 12, 2023
Blossomedosomwan:
Hello guys. I am new to this and need advice. How long would a visitor visa take to visit a relative and what can I do to make it faster?

Please someone help
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adelforreal: 8:46pm On Nov 12, 2023
The time frame for visitor visa is not defined as it is at the discretion of the visa officer handling your application. However, if you have a valid US visa, your application may be treated promptly.

All the best
Blossomedosomwan:

Please someone help

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonero230(m): 8:47pm On Nov 12, 2023
Olusapo:

I haven't apply for the Canada visa before,this is my first attempt,but I applied for the US visa twice but I was denied....kindly shed more lights on my 2 questions.

Thanks so much.

Your chances are slim
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonero230(m): 8:49pm On Nov 12, 2023
Olusapo:

Thanks so much.

What was your response where they asked have you previously been denied a visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Olusapo: 10:31pm On Nov 12, 2023
My response is 'YES'.
Cos I was denied the US visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 12:41am On Nov 13, 2023
Blossomedosomwan:

The Canada visa processing time is not straightforward; nonetheless, certain applications are processed within four months, while others take longer.

There is nothing you can do to expedite the processing of your application.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nkaluu800(m): 6:14am On Nov 13, 2023
Greetings everyone.

Do I get notified via email from IRCC once my application is submitted by the Agent handling my application?

Assuming it was submitted on November 1st, When can I go for biometrics?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Deronke1: 6:31am On Nov 13, 2023
How about having a valid canada visa but about to expire in like 2 weeks? Would it still be treated promptly?

adelforreal:
The time frame for visitor visa is not defined as it is at the discretion of the visa officer handling your application. However, if you have a valid US visa, your application may be treated promptly.

All the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (966) (967) (968) (969) (970) (971) (972) ... (1103) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Ephenzy, donteebalo(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.