Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,285 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (972) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2357988 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (969) (970) (971) (972) (973) (974) (975) ... (1114) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by two4: 8:16am On Nov 16, 2023
bunmioluwa:
I want to submit family passports, please does one 1-way VFS courier service cover all members of the family? (i.e. will all the passports be considered as a package by VFS?)

Did you get an answer to this, I am in the same situation
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gok1979: 8:38am On Nov 16, 2023
It's being processed in London. I have raised Web forms couple of times. Still, no headway.
lovable85:
That is long overdue, try calling ircc and also raise a web form, I’m guessing your application is with the London visa office, hence the delay

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gok1979: 8:45am On Nov 16, 2023
I have done biometric before in 2017. This was updated on my portal 1 week after submission. I even wrote them in August to update them about my US visa I got after applying for the canada visa. They only acknowledged the Visa page I attached to the web form. Since then, nothing.
Kennyg290:

You should start counting from the date after biometric which may be 3 months or more. Although 5 months is long most especially at this period.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anikejesu: 9:03am On Nov 16, 2023
Anikejesu:
Please how long after submission of passport via vfs Lagos and receiving update that it has arrived Ghana and it has been forwarded to “Canada visa office”can one start expecting it back in vfs Lagos? How many days or weeks ? Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chuksvin: 9:04am On Nov 16, 2023
Please has anybody had this problem of not being able to pay online for the visa fees and biometrics? My dollar, Euro, and GBP Mastercards are all declining.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by moyin1010: 9:07am On Nov 16, 2023
Hello house,

my sibling applied for Canada visit visa to attend my wedding dated for next week. Application has been in progress since September 2023. We have decided to reschedule the wedding ceremony to Feb 2024 due to the visa delay. Do we need to send updated invitation letter indicating the change of wedding date to IRCC ?

Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by linconab(m): 9:15am On Nov 16, 2023
Please can someone guide me on how to book biometrics appointment on vfs website....I've been getting error message since yesterday...any compatible browser?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by fcisca: 9:53am On Nov 16, 2023
Good morning Dear Nairalanders.
I submitted my application on 3rd November and woke up to the mail for the original passport request this morning. I have a couple of questions please:

1. Can I submit my passport by proxy? Like to send someone to submit my passport for me.
2. Which is faster for Passport Return between Abuja and Lagos?

Thank you all and all the best to those still waiting for their good news.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 10:32am On Nov 16, 2023
What is going on with UK application since August 11 still on background check na wa ooo
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Levels1(m): 10:48am On Nov 16, 2023
fcisca:
I submitted my application on 3rd November and woke up to the mail for the original passport request this morning. I have a couple of questions please:

1. Can I submit my passport by proxy? Like to send someone to submit my passport for me.

So fast

Which country please?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by djDixon(m): 11:26am On Nov 16, 2023
Hi Nairalanders. I need help on how to get either Visitor or tourist invite. Im looking to out a visit/tourist visa up but then i sont know how to get a conference invitation letter as i dont have any Relative that could help with an invitation letter.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by djDixon(m): 11:46am On Nov 16, 2023
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jossy43: 12:29pm On Nov 16, 2023
Congratulations , pls how long did the process take you , i submitted my application November 5, i have done biometrics too.. kindly reply me. Thanks and Best of luck

fcisca:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 1:00pm On Nov 16, 2023
The irrc tracking page is down since yesterday,does anyone notice this too?abi na from here only
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mamanicole: 1:02pm On Nov 16, 2023
Hello everyone,pls I have some questions and Will really appreciate your replies

1) Pls can someone send me the application form for visitor visa ,Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)so I can print them out fill n scan it,the pages are not opening and I have no idea about how to install pdf

2)Do I need a flight booking for visitors visa
3)Can I generate a signed statement from my account and use or go to the bank and get a printed statement of account
4)Do I need a e reference letter from my bank n how do I address it to the Canadian embassy
5)Is it ok to book an hostel instead of hotel cause I want the total budget for my trip to be below $2000 although I won’t be staying there
6)Is a salary statement of account of 4million okay for a visitor visa application

Thanks in advance 🙂
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by fcisca: 1:08pm On Nov 16, 2023
Yes quite fast.
Nigeria
I submitted online.

Levels1:

So fast

Which country please?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by fcisca: 1:10pm On Nov 16, 2023
Thanks.
I submitted my application on November 3. I didn't need to give biometrics at this time since the last one is still valid.

Jossy43:
Congratulations , pls how long did the process take you , i submitted my application November 5, i have done biometrics too.. kindly reply me. Thanks and Best of luck

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by djDixon(m): 1:38pm On Nov 16, 2023
djDixon:
Hi Nairalanders. I need help on how to get either Visitor or tourist invite. Im looking to apply for a visit/tourist visa, but then i dont know how to get a conference invitation letter as i do not have any Relative that could help with an invitation letter.

My Question is. How can i get a conference Invitation letter.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by djDixon(m): 1:40pm On Nov 16, 2023
fcisca:

Wow. Thats so fast. Congratulations.
Can you please advice on how to get a conference invite letter
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mojisolani: 2:06pm On Nov 16, 2023
djDixon:

Wow. Thats so fast. Congratulations.
Can you please advice on how to get a conference invite letter

All you have to do is google search conferences in Canada that offers invitation letter,make sure the conference is related to your work or business. Some organisations not all some ,send names of applicant coming to their events to the applicant Canada embassy site so that fake letters wont be submit to the embassy by applicants.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Levels1(m): 2:42pm On Nov 16, 2023
fcisca:
Yes quite fast.
Nigeria
I submitted online.

Congrats congrats congratulations

But you have travelling history I assumed?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nwauwa(m): 3:12pm On Nov 16, 2023
Pls who else is in this situation. I sent our package via courier to vfs lagos. Its been over 48 hours since it was delivered (tracked it via fedex tracking) but no email acknowledged from either vfs or the embassy. Our 30 days window to submit our passports expire on monday. Package was delivered wednesday morning
I have been calling them all day. Nobody is picking. Tried to chat them and was told to send my details to them via email which i have done since morning, still no response.

Anyone else in same boat
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lakeside30: 4:32pm On Nov 16, 2023
nwauwa:
Pls who else is in this situation. I sent our package via courier to vfs lagos. Its been over 48 hours since it was delivered (tracked it via fedex tracking) but no email acknowledged from either vfs or the embassy. Our 30 days window to submit our passports expire on monday. Package was delivered wednesday morning
I have been calling them all day. Nobody is picking. Tried to chat them and was told to send my details to them via email which i have done since morning, still no response.

Anyone else in same boat

Waited too long ,something u should have take to vfs second or third day for submission
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nwauwa(m): 5:02pm On Nov 16, 2023
lakeside30:

Waited too long ,something u should have take to vfs second or third day for submission
i had a biometrics issue. I Paid for biometricsalongside visa fees when I submitted my application as my previous biometrics expires in May, they sent passport request first(which meant if I submit passport, my visa validity would be May) so I started contacting them everywhere to send biometrics request letter. They eventually sent it after 5 days, then the struggle to get biometrics date, had to eventually pay for vip (37,200) and on biometrics date, I wanted to submit passport but they refused .

Do u any idea how long it takes for them to acknowledge a sent package? It was received by them on Wednesday, how long does it stay with them before it’s sent to embassy?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 5:13pm On Nov 16, 2023
Hello house. Please how does one pay for the TRV application fee online? I tried with my naira debit ms card but it was declined twice. I am not new to this process but I have not renewed in a long while. I paid with my debit naira ms card back then without hitches. Thank you all.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by two4: 6:11pm On Nov 16, 2023
Please can some tell me how to pick up my parents passport from VFS via courier
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chuksvin: 6:14pm On Nov 16, 2023
This has been my challenge since yesterday. I have tried all the Cards I have without luck. Don’t know if it’s a technical issue
Eriokanmi:
Hello house. Please how does one pay for the TRV application fees online. I tried with my naira debit ms card but it was declined twice. I am not new to this process but I have not renewed in a long while. I paid with my debit naira ms card back then without hitches. Thank you all.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 6:42pm On Nov 16, 2023
chuksvin:
This has been my challenge since yesterday. I have tried all the Cards I have without luck. Don’t know if it’s a technical issue
I think it has to be a technical issue. If we can't make use of our strategy debit card, the Embassy would have advised. Over 5 years ago, I made payment without issues on same website with my naira debit ms card. Now, it's not working. Someone should assist with this as I have a limited time to submit my application.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by id4sho(m): 6:44pm On Nov 16, 2023
Eriokanmi:
I think it has to be a technical issue. If we can't make use of our strategy debit card, the Embassy would have advised. Over 5 years ago, I made payment without issues on same website with my naira debit ms card. Now, it's not working. Someone should assist with this as I have a limited time to submit my application.
All naira cards have been blocked
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 6:46pm On Nov 16, 2023
id4sho:

All naira cards have been blocked
What's the solution pls?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nwauwa(m): 6:47pm On Nov 16, 2023
[quote author=Anikejesu post=126995533][/quote]
How many days after submission of passport did u receive a message that it has been recieced by processing office please? Also did you do physical submission or by courier?
@Anikejesu
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by foodbankng: 6:48pm On Nov 16, 2023
jj17cv:
What is going on with UK application since August 11 still on background check na wa ooo

Submitted mine on the 22nd of September, Biometrics was linked from previous application done in 2019. Since then nothing else.

(1) (2) (3) ... (969) (970) (971) (972) (973) (974) (975) ... (1114) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: olawumi2005(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.