Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,162 members, 7,825,635 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election (38541 Views)

Tribunal Nullifies Election Of PDP Rep For Lack Of Educational Qualification / Presidency, PDP Reject Card Reader For Election / Court Orders Papers Served On Jonathan Over Qualification For 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by Olamitisoji(m): 9:38pm On Jan 20, 2015
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/175335-buhari-speak-wednesday-qualification-election.html
The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Muhammadu Buhari, will speak to the media Tuesday on details of his qualification, amid a raging controversy on whether he is fit to stand for the February 14 election, his campaign office said.

The Buhari campaign office said Tuesday that the former military ruler will speak to the media at 9a.m. in Kano, where he is currently canvassing for votes.

The announcement came hours after the Nigerian Army denied having Mr. Buhari’s Senior Secondary School certificate, casting a doubt on whether Mr. Buhari met the basic qualification to be enlisted into the military in 1962.

The Director of Army Public Relations, Olajide Laleye, said the entry made on the Nigerian Army Form 199A at the point of documentation after Mr. Buhari was commissioned as an officer, indicated that the former Head of State obtained the West African School Certificate (WASC) in 1961.

“With credits in relevant subjects: English Language, Geography, History, Health Science, Hausa and a pass in English Literature.

However, he said “Neither the original copy, certified true copy (CTC) nor statement of result of Major-.Gen. Mohammadu Buhari‘s WASC result is in his personal file.”

He cited records confirming that Mr. Buhari applied to join the military as a form six student of the Provincial Secondary School, Katsina, on Oct. 18, 1961.

“His application was duly endorsed by the principal of the school, who also wrote a report on him and recommended him to be suitable for military commission,” Mr. Laleye said.

He however explained that while it is a practice in the Army that before candidates are shortlisted for commissioning into the officers’ cadre of the service, the selection board verifies their original copies of credentials, there is no available record to show that that process was followed in the 1960s.

The Army’s details have heightened debates on whether Mr. Buhari, despite undertaking higher cadre military courses, has met the constitutional requirement that a Nigerian must have attained a minimum of SSCE or its equivalent to stand for the highest office in the country.

A statement by Garba Shehu, the media director for his campaign team, said Mr. Buhari will respond on Wednesday. The party said Mr. Buhari remains “fit as fiddle”, but did not give further details.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by MuguliciousMUGU: 9:54pm On Jan 20, 2015
If he likes, he should speak on saturday, he is still now going anywhere...

Gej Till 2019

148 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by alizenbohr: 9:58pm On Jan 20, 2015
At first, "it was with the military board".
Then, "it was destroyed when soldiers invaded my house".
Again, "it was 'siezed' by IBB during the coup".
Or you can "ask the US War College".
Finally, "he doesn't need certificate to contest for President".
What next?

Only the truth shall set Buhari free.
... But I hope he has the mind to say that truth.

162 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 20, 2015
The past cheating by hausa fulani is catching up with them . What an embarrassment. General without school cert. Shame. Gambari.

137 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by cornerstone2019: 10:02pm On Jan 20, 2015
We are waiting Mr president, though my mind ad been made up for you wit or without ur explanation. GMB.

98 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by tron23(m): 10:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
This is what I don't like about this guy. He should have held the press conference a long time ago. What's there in providing a copy of your certificate. Why the time wasting # show your certificate buhari.

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by U235weapongrade: 10:06pm On Jan 20, 2015
A grammarian who was fond of using high sounding grammar was one day asleep when his house was on fire..He immediately picked up his phone and called d fire fighters and said " is that the combustion officer, please gravitate here with tremendous acceleration and alacrity because a huge conflagration has engulfed my domiciliary habitation"

Pls respond as appropriate..

#hope I did not derail from d certificate issue.
It's none of my biz..

10 Likes

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by ShowYourCertificate: 10:14pm On Jan 20, 2015
I don't want to hear stories, I want him to show the world his certificate (WASC) tomorrow.

[size=25pt]#BuhariShowYourCertificate[/size]

111 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by omanifrank(m): 10:19pm On Jan 20, 2015
abi
Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 20, 2015
The 1999 constitution does not require a certificate. The principal report and recommendation is enough evidence of education to school . ( WAEC need your continuous assessment from your school. And continuous assessment is a percentage in your SSCE/WAEC result). Again all one needs to have a waec certificate is just one D8.

Read 1999 Constitution below.

The 1999 Constitution is explicit in its interpretation of Section 131 of the 1999 Constitution by Section 318.

Section 131 states: “A person shall be qualified for election to the office of President if (a) he is a citizen of Nigeria by birth; (b) he has attained the age of forty (40) years; (c )he is a member of a political party; and (d) he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent.

“In Section 318, School certificate or equivalent means (a) a Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent, or Grade II Teacher’s Certificate, the City and Guilds Certificate; or (b) education up to Secondary School Certificate level; or

“(c) Primary Six School Leaving Certificate or its equivalent and (i) service in the public or private sector in the Federation in any capacity acceptable to the Independent National Electoral Commission(INEC) for a minimum of 10 years; and

“(ii) attendance at courses and training in such institutions as may be acceptable to the Independent National Electoral Commission for periods totalling up to a minimum of one year, and

“(iii) the ability to read, write, understand and communicate in the English Language to the satisfaction of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC); and

“(d) Any other qualification acceptable by INEC.”

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by PerfumeRepublik: 10:21pm On Jan 20, 2015
Patiently Waiting

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by Ahmed4002(m): 10:21pm On Jan 20, 2015
-- Exactly

This is certainly not news to some of us. It's
almost like standard procedure in Nigeria when a
military head of state is ousted in a coup. Even
the biography we read here on Nairaland
mentioned that his personal property was looted.
Buhari just doesn't want to talk about it,
understandably. People forget IBB was his close
friend and chief of army staff.
Plus there's no contradiction here. There are
supposed to be copies of Buhari's credentials
with the military (unless of course what
happened to the originals happened to the copies
too). And I wouldn't be surprised if they're the
only copies because this is a full-blood military
man who has not had to submit his credentials to
any organization outside of the military during
his career up to the coup.
The only sensible contribution....meanwhile sei
mai gaskiya

reference: okomonny comment from another thread.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by lacasa: 10:21pm On Jan 20, 2015
jerseyboy:
The past cheating by hausa fulani is catching up with them . What an embarrassment. General without school cert. share . Gambari.

Open ur brain n think

A General, Head of State, Merit student @ War College USA, Governor, Minister, Candidate on 3 occasions without qualifications?

Do u reason?

4get PDP's distractions, GMB will still stand for elections.

Probably WIN too

#GMB2015

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by dhardline(m): 10:21pm On Jan 20, 2015
After serious and rigorous consultations from APC lawayers and politicians the lie is finally ready and will be served hot tomorrow morning. grin grin grin

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by BrokenTV: 10:21pm On Jan 20, 2015
Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by Lilimax(f): 10:21pm On Jan 20, 2015
Following
Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by ayusco85(m): 10:21pm On Jan 20, 2015

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by faitheverest(f): 10:21pm On Jan 20, 2015
Waiting with my alomo and bread.......... GEJ we know! !!!!!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by dhardline(m): 10:22pm On Jan 20, 2015
General why dont you just accept that you dont have a certificate and apologise to Nigerians for trying to fool us,we will understand and forgive you.You are even making it more difficult for the United States-based political strategy firm, AKPD who are really trying to make you look like the saint you are not depite all the effort they are putting in by creating numerous fake accounts to give you likes 'we know' you still look soooo bad cry

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by ifyalways(f): 10:22pm On Jan 20, 2015
We dey wait. . .

It better be worth the wait and no long turanchi, just show us the certificate. cheesy

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by freshness2020: 10:22pm On Jan 20, 2015
...We will also need an English interpreter for a better translation..still looking for the meaning of kworoption in my dictionary!
GEJ2015...

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by gebest: 10:22pm On Jan 20, 2015
Good is what we have been waiting for, one luv nigeria, one luv APC, feBUHARI 14 go and vote for ur VAL, as for me and my family GMB is our VAL.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by menesheh(m): 10:22pm On Jan 20, 2015
A truly remarkable fellow!...

Introduction to Buhari APC's Fresidential Crrrrrandidate

Question: How will you grow Nigeria's economy?
"I will stabilise the WORLD OIL MARKET, because that is quicker to do than agriculture etc"
- Buhari (Channels TV)

Question: How will you secure the Nigerian economy from oil price fluctuations?
Buhari: "I will use the AIR FORCE, NAVY and ARMY"
- Buhari (ThisDay)

Question: Sir, can you say "up APC?"
Buhari: "OFF AFEECEE! OFF AFEECEE!! OFF AFEECEE!!!"
- Buhari (In the near future)

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by FastShipping: 10:22pm On Jan 20, 2015
Desperation of Jonathan and PDP is getting nauseating. They have politicized the Nigerian Military Force. Only court have the right to ask the military to do what the military did today. While doing it, they have only helped Buhari's cause and vindicated him that he does have qualifications to attain presidential seat.

"The Director of Army Public Relations, Olajide Laleye, said the entry made on the Nigerian Army Form 199A at the point of documentation after Mr. Buhari was commissioned as an officer, indicated that the former Head of State obtained the West African School Certificate (WASC) in 1961."

“With credits in relevant subjects: English Language, Geography, History, Health Science, Hausa and a pass in English Literature.
However, he said “Neither the original copy, certified true copy (CTC) nor statement of result of Major-.Gen. Mohammadu Buhari‘s WASC result is in his personal file.”

This is what matters.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by lordhugo(m): 10:23pm On Jan 20, 2015
.....and GEJ Said-

Fayose's wahala is too much for me o!

[img]http://typicalniggerbehavior.files./2010/02/goodluck_jonathan.jpg[/img]

Between GEJ and GMB.
Good-day friends
A friend asked me this a while ago and i want to share my 'personal answers' with you all.
He said, "and were u satisfied with GMB previous extremism? a religious bigot,etc Jona isn't better at all but GMB worse,dey for give us better candidates like oshiomole,fashola ,Amaechi,etc u can't count them,look at this night news army opened up for the first not having his certificate and his results are an eyesore"
MY REPLY....
This would be the first time i am going fully political on public media online...
[b]1. GMB has never been involved in any religious extremism! He is an islamic fundamentalist which is to say the same thing as ,'i am a christian fundamentalist. A fundamentalist is someone who believes in the fundamental principles of his or her chosen religion.

2. Politics is a game of interests and numbers! Buhari is the strongest candidate that a party such as the APC can field because he has the britest chance of winning the incumbent in this election rigging environment. The likes of fashola and baba osho will be aides to buhari. Have you not heard that fashola will be GMB's C.O.S?

4. If you can believe the current hullabaloo on GMB's certificate, then you can believe anything. Buhari's certificates were looted after he was overthrown by IBB and their cohorts. GMB was the head boy of the provincial government school in katsina. His classmate was Gen. Shehu yar'adua.
Allow me ask you this question, if you misplace your ssce result after getting a B.Sc and M.Sc , is that SSCE the certificate you will produce when you already have higher credentials as your 'MINIMUM REQUIREMENT?

5. PDP knows they do not have any case concerning GMB's certificate. If they do, THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN IN COURT A LONG TIME AGO. ALL THEY ARE DOING RIGHT NOW IS WHIPPING UP PUBLIC SENTIMENTS TO HOODWINK YOU AND I AWAY FROM ISSUES BASED CAMPAIGN TO ONE OF MEDIOCRITY AND UTTER DISDAIN FOR SPORTSMANSHIP.

THAT BEING SAID, MAY THE BEST MAN WIN........but come feb. 14th i will vote for GMB.
Sincerely,
LORDHUGO
[/b]

IF BUHARI PRESENTS GALA CELLOPHANE WRAPPER, I WILL STILL VOTE HIM!

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by DeCritique(m): 10:23pm On Jan 20, 2015
I guess its time we let the illiterate general speak. I wonder what story he will tell us this time around, maybe his dog swallowed his certificate or his wife used it to wrap suya for him!!

#GEJ till the certificate is dusted out!!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 20, 2015
Oh good! Can't wait for all these PDP rats to shut the hell up with their certificate scandal.

Sai Buhari!

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by zubizareta(m): 10:23pm On Jan 20, 2015
smh
Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by elbinmanny(m): 10:23pm On Jan 20, 2015
Till then grin

81 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by pacifique(m): 10:23pm On Jan 20, 2015

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by menesheh(m): 10:23pm On Jan 20, 2015
Hear our illiterate General acceptance speech at teslim balogun

Phalo kwontenstant flease i want all of youa to kwofrate with me so we can move naigeria poward. If you ilate me as feresident of naigeria my gwovemant will ensurea zat kwarraption will be a zin of za fast.

Afc frogressive.

I don die. Tinubu na God go mend you

60 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Buhari Will Never Be Nigeria President - Fayose / First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria / Lagos Traffic Jams Disappear But This Isn't Good News For Nigeria - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.