Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,253 members, 7,815,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue (75198 Views)

WAEC Confirms Andy Uba Forged Secondary School Certificate - Sahara Reporters / Buhari Hasn’t Convinced Nigerians He Passed School Certificate Exam– Junaid Moha / Statement By Kano Government About The Woman Murdered For Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by nellyjohn: 2:10pm On Jan 21, 2015
Nonsense. The truth is dat weda u adress d issue or not is none of our business. How can a ful grown man like not be in possession of ur certificate if u sat 4 it not even a photocopy talk more of d original copy which u must present before u are being employed anywhere now in Nigeria. Also, why shuld d skul take so much time b4 dey find ur file and bring out ur result since u still have ur school details? And y will ur result not be an issue since it's d least qualification for anyone contesting for a post? If it's not an issue, den y re u contesting? Now talking abt d massive unemployment, how can u create job for millions of graduates when u are not one and doesn't really knw what it means to be educated and work? Let's face d truth and vote wisely. For me, it's GEJ all d way

1 Like

Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by great664(m): 2:10pm On Jan 21, 2015
Buhari word in quote "I had assumed all along that all my records were in the custody of the Military Secretary of the Nigerian Army. Much to my surprise, we are now told that although a record of the result is available, there are no copies of the certificates in my personal file. This is why I formally requested my old school the Provincial Secondary School, Katsina [which is now known as Government College, Katsina] to make available the school’s copy of the result of the Cambridge/West African School Certificate. This will be made available to the press the moment this is available.""

So you have been assuming for more than 30yrs now? How silly do you think we are? How clueless have you been? And you attack GEJ for being clueless for just 6yrs, while you have been a fool, clueless and an "assumer" for over 30yrs. You are a Failure Buhar! Your parents should be ashamed of what you become.

2 Likes

Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by azonto4real(m): 2:10pm On Jan 21, 2015
Certificate or not Buhari has integrity he is the kind of person Nigeria need as president,not all these vetinary doctors portraying themselves as educated hoodlums siphoning all the wealth of the nation hence otherwise causing unnecessary hardship to the populace of this nation. ,Na #Change we want ooooo...PDP PACK AND GO!!!
Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by Demdem(m): 2:10pm On Jan 21, 2015
lekkie073:
So he swear an affidavit based on assumption....

GMB is going down.....

And he was so dumb as to remembering his exam number.....chei.....buhari don mess up big time

Next.....
Investigations will find out DAT the exam number is non existent

U are not making sense. Can u swear with ur balls that the military hasn't misplaced it? Or sabotaging it?
The same military that earlier claimed they have all copies of certificates of former leaders less than 3 weeks ago suddenly showed face yesterday to say they don't.
Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by 9jatatafo(m): 2:10pm On Jan 21, 2015
WAEC certificate is the evidence to show that one passed through secondary education before proceeding to a higher level. So what is GMB telling us? I will never accept this his cooked up explanation. The Nigeria Constitution states clearly that for you to aspire to the post of the president, you must obtain at least WAEC. He knows this and INEC stated it of which GMB agreed to know. Also INEC provided also that all contestants must provide their education certificates for verification, Buhari agreed. My problem now is this, how come all other contestants provided their certificates, so why should GMB be an exception. As an educated Nigerian, if one gets admission to higher institution, you will be required to show your credentials both original and photocopies and later you will be given the originals to take home. On graduation, you must do verification before you will be cleared to graduate. So you are telling me that the Nigerian Army did not verify GMB's WAEC? I cry for this nation. If GMB have not collected his WAEC certificate, let him get his registration number, full names and year of exam, proceed to WAEC office and your certificate will be printed for you. Do the needful. God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by SonOfEl(m): 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2015
fboycaestro:
so which is priority? Over 200 girls went missing since last year...we didn't find them. $20bn got missing we never heard about it. Nigerians are not bothered about all these but bothered about a certificate of a 72 year old man he got 53 years ago. Even make he submit used tissue paper. Walahi Sai Buhari

pls this is nairaland, NOT YABALEFT.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by MKO4ever(m): 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2015
harrysterol:
Is it thesame buhari that can't remember his phone number? That now remembers exams number that is as old as Nigeria??

If anybody believe this kind lie er!! E mean say d person no well b dt

Why don't you go to waec to verify?
Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by crownprince102: 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2015
adaweezy:
I remember in JSS 2 I missed the promotion exams because I was on admission for two weeks while others were writing exams.
My friends were sad because they felt I was going to repeat the class since I didn't write the promotion exams to JSS 3 with them.
When school resumed for the new academic session, my class teacher promoted me to the next class. The Commandant summoned her to come and defend her action.
She simply told the Commandant that I had over 75% attendance and my continuous assessment in all subjects was above 90%. If not because I was sick and on admission at the Military Reference Hospital, I would have written the exams and pass. Base on these she has no choice but to promote me to the next class. Na so I take waka go JSS 3 without any evidence abi na certificate or result sef!
In my third term in SSS 1, your's truly was involved in an accident and I was in the hospital for over three months. I did not write the promotion exams to SSS 2. When school resumed for a new session, I just waka straight to SSS 2 and kontinu from there until I finally wrote WAYEC. At least I have two tishas who can tell the Prinspa that if not because of my accident, I would have actually pass the exams that was conducted. So there is no need to hold me back. Na so e just be.
I would have spent two extra years in secondary school due to unforeseen circumstances if my tishas had not given me a special waiver allowing me to proceed to the next class, when I was unable to write promotion exams in two different occasions.
Obviously there are students who wrote the exams and were asked to repeat the class because their body temperature was below optimal level. In fairness to them, I don't know why they failed but I have come to the realisation that exams is not a true test of knowledge. Most times I hardly have time for my books until few days to the exams and after that I try to detoxify my system and forget all the stuff I have imbibed into the medulla oblongata.
In this part of the world we believe so much in paper qualifications. The Prinspa abi na Headmaster of General Mohammadu Buhari stood surety for him and based on that, he was admitted into the Army, according to a statement credited to the Director of Defence Information (DDI) where he stated that the Military do not have Buhari's certificate, after the same military have previously attested to the fact that they have his papers. I don't know what to believe again gaskiya.
What are they looking for? Is it WAYEC?
Now based on the surety by Buhari's Prinspa, he was given an all clear nod to join the military. Did he excel in service? Yes of course. He did not only rose to the rank of a Major General, he held strategic positions and even became the Head of State.
So it is really foolhardy for anyone to question Buhari's academic credentials and eligibility for election when it is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf that he has more than the required qualification to run for office as President.
It is indeed a shame that the Military has allowed itself to be dragged into this needless controversy. All institutions in Nigeria has been debased and abuse under the regime of Goodluck Jonathan. The military has been struggling to redeem it's image over the protracted battle against insurgency which she has failed to bring to a logical conclusion. Allowing itself to be used by unscrupulous politicians to advance their selfish aims is another low point for the military.
I dismiss the statement credited to the DDI as partisan and call on the military high command to investigate him and mete out appropriate sanctions if he is found culpable. Our military must be insulated from abuse because we cannot afford to have "an Army of anything goes," as former Chief of Army Staff, General Salihu Ibrahim succinctly described the Army at his pulling out parade in 1994.
On a final note, even if Buhari submit Agege bread label as his certificate, we (Buharists) will vote for him!
Dazzol

BY:SONI AKOJI
Nice post.....
Don't be surprised if some PDP and TANoids who got "F9 parrarel" in WAYEC calls you an illiterate. Your tishas and your prinspa promoted you without exams. Yet they fail to mention someone who has 6 PHD degrees who couldn't still construct a blunder-free sentence and has masterminded alot of words and grammars more than Soyinka. Some of those words are included in our post. We believe in paper qualification here in africa. As you 've said if Buhari present toilet rolls as certificate, we would still vote for him. He is a man of integrity, even after he is no more "his manhood will still lives on"
Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by Eyepencil: 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2015
barcanista:
Baby girl, how you de? Abeg relax, no controversy here. It's a non-issue
LOL... ASHAWO grin grin

1 Like

Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by predentstats: 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2015
Hanibal:
p.p
What ever..
If buhari like make im no go primary school sef
Oga GEJ na PhD holder.. and im be failure.

Make PDP free us.. we wan try out this illiterate.

You made a nice comment but got it derailed by saying we want an illiterate.

If they have fielded someone like Tambuwal or a younger party stalwart - don't know why they zoned it yo the north, thought they said zoning is a PDP philosophy and undemocratic.
Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by Johnnoo(m): 2:12pm On Jan 21, 2015
I'm marveled that Buhari still remembers his Examination Number since almost 53yrs ago. The evidence of this number will put to rest all these hullabaloo undecided
Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by halimaabi: 2:13pm On Jan 21, 2015
grin
cheesy grin

AreaFada2:

You know those were the days they counted Malu Malu among Northern population to cheat the South. If a camel from the North wanted to enter the army then, they would have admitted it. Army wasn't for bright people then. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by charitybabe: 2:13pm On Jan 21, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
zimoni:
Where is the certificate?

Where is it?

Oga park well jor.
Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by 9jatatafo(m): 2:13pm On Jan 21, 2015
Demdem:

U are not making sense. Can u swear with ur balls that the military hasn't misplaced it? Or sabotaging it?
The same military that earlier claimed they have all copies of certificates of former leaders less than 3 weeks ago suddenly showed face yesterday to say they don't.

Guy bone jare, these men nor go school. Make we nor dey fool ourselves. Let's say the truth. Buhari has been giving too many excuses just for common WAEC certificate. U nor dey this country when a former Senate President present Toronto certificate? Na dagbo most of dem get jare, na because say eyes don open nain make us know say all na wash. If dem investigate some of these our old academicians, you go bow say dem nor get WAEC say na dagbo things.

2 Likes

Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by Dlionsheart: 2:13pm On Jan 21, 2015
twinstaiye:

Sheu Musa Yaradua started his army career in 1959, and Buhari said he graduated in 1961 with him, was it that Yaradua was in Army when he graduated and sat for Cambridge?

my brother, the more you look, the less you see.
SOLUTION:
JUST CLOSE YOUR EYES
APC wonder!

1 Like

Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by porka: 2:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
barcanista:
He quoted his school
He quoted his WAEC number

This should put an end to the matter...

Next.....

Examination number is not certificate.

Let him present the certificate and rest the case.

Cambridge/WEAC, over to you.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by aus1234(m): 2:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
vigasimple:

Thanks bro
You can't built something on nothing!
Those there 3-6 months military strategic training APC are quoting are not relevant to this subject matter.

If one has Phd without WAEC/SSCE is null and void

GBAM.

The issue is honesty and only a stupid man will not know that Bhuari has not been honest and has perjured himself. You do not swear affidavit on assumptions. 2003, 2007, 2011 and 2015, he cannot just go over to the Military board and collect his documents or photocopy or his previous schools. He is doing a typical Nigeria big man 'Don't you know who I am ' .

On a practical level, having attended those advanced military studies, they are more than GCE O LEVELS notwithstanding he may be qualified by school results but he is incompetent and incapable of leading this nation and our present need.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
HE HAD ASSUMED Do u swear affidavit based on an assumption WE ARE FINISHED

1 Like

Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by warrior01: 2:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
MKO4ever:
".........................I attended Provincial Secondary School, Katsina. I graduated in 1961 with many prominent Nigerians, including General Shehu Yar’adua, former chief of staff at the Supreme Headquarters, and Justice Umaru Abdullahi, a former President of the Court of Appeal. We sat for the University of Cambridge/WASC Examination together in 1961, the year we graduated. My examination number was 8280002, and I passed the examination in the Second Division."

Bikko, what else do you people want from this man? why don't we just focus on the real issues facing the country? Jonathan was first and still the only phd holder to rule this country and look at what mess he has made of the certificate. Now I can't even be proud of my phd certificate if people like Jonathan carry the same certificate around.

Many things are not adding up; Shehu Musa Yardua graduated and joined the military in 1959 whilst mr Buhari scammed in his way in 1961.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 21, 2015
Truth be said. The issue of certificate shouldn't be an issue for ordinary Nigerians but if the law says u must have a minimum qualification and u claim u have it. The you shud show it to the public. Why is he the only one among the presidential candidates who couldn't present any result at all. First, he said it was with the military board, now his skul should come and clarify. Our general wasn't just smart enuf to have a photocopy or maybe photocopy machines weren't available then.
It is just sad Nigerians don't have other options on the table aside APC and PDP. We r too educated as a people to be going through this episode.
He said he will control the price of crude oil, he could not even pronounce the name of his vp, the acronym INEC means sth different entirely to him, he could not even fill his INEC form properly. And u think all these counts for nothing. This is worse than being clueless. This cannot be a poster for change. They have turned the change word into a catch word. Empty and lacking In everytin that connotes change.
What we should be asking them is not what they will do, but how they will do it. Every tom, dick and harry can say he will do things.
The present govt has made giantstrides in certain sectors of the economy like agric, railway and some roads. We want them to tell us how they are going to do what they want to do. How are u going to pay social security benefit to the aged, and the unemployed. And embark on other infrastructural development against the back drop of failing oil prices.
Am looking forward to the presidential debates. Wot we neeed is #truechange

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by OAM4J: 2:15pm On Jan 21, 2015
Candidate's name: Muhammadu Buhari

School: Provincial Secondary School, Katsina [which is now known as Government College, Katsina]

Year of exam: 1961

Exam no.: 8280002

If you need to see the certificate, go to the school or Cambridge/WASC board office.

GMB/PYO, please while PDP go in chase of the certificate, abeg focus on winning more voters' hearts jare.

The task of sending Mr. Coruption-is-not-stealing back to Otueke this year is a task that must be done. Shikena!

3 Likes

Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by Demdem(m): 2:15pm On Jan 21, 2015
9jatatafo:

Guy bone jare, these men nor go school. Make we nor dey fool ourselves. Let's say the truth. Buhari has been giving too many excuses just for common WAEC certificate.

Abegii, i no be ur guy. I don't roll with morronns.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by MKO4ever(m): 2:15pm On Jan 21, 2015
Hanibal:
p.p
What ever..
If buhari like make im no go primary school sef
Oga GEJ na PhD holder.. and im be failure.

Make PDP free us.. we wan try out this illiterate.

God bless you my broda!!!

1 Like

Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by donbenie(m): 2:15pm On Jan 21, 2015
aguiyi:

that guy Justice Umaru Abdullahi, was as corrupt as corrption, if he was your classmate them there is more reason to xray you again to be sure you would not do worse.

he is one of those who dragged our judiciary into the mud
Seriously,are you for real?If Justice Abdullahi was corrupt,of what business is it with the issue on the ground,Your PhD holder,Mr Clueless,is he any less corrupt than him?Mr Stealing is not Corruption..
Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by charitybabe: 2:15pm On Jan 21, 2015
How are u so sure that its really a WAEC No. He still needs to go extra mile, we need the Certificate. As a Politician, He has all it takes to go to WAEC to proof this but he is not, so my dear park well cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Johnnoo:
I'm marveled that Buhari still remembers his Examination Number since almost 53yrs ago. The evidence of this number will put to rest all these hullabaloo undecided

1 Like

Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by Orikinla(m): 2:16pm On Jan 21, 2015
farobat:
Show us the certificate
[size=18pt]You are still intellectually re-tarded after reading a statement that even a kid in kindergarten will comprehend?
Can you show us your own proof of literacy, because your low IQ clearly shows how retar-ded you are?[/size].

1 Like

Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by nwatakwochaa(m): 2:16pm On Jan 21, 2015
GMB pls this is not aπ Episode Film,
Show us this cert aπd put aπ eπϑ to this matter.
Is this how u will hype us if u win
Mtshwww i tire ooo
Jst dεy waste our time.

GEJ all the way................2019
Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by tellmemore15: 2:16pm On Jan 21, 2015
the position of a president is not a trail and error. we need principled people to occupy that office. Buhari can not reveal to Nigerians how he became a General thinking we dont know. you can't fight corruption with corruption, if only he can admit he had always been a beneficiary of quota system at least that would make him look more since.

but its too late now.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by Olaolufred(m): 2:16pm On Jan 21, 2015
IF PDP AND ANY OF ITS GOONS ARE NOT SATISFIED,

[size=58pt]SIMPLY GTC[/size][size=18pt]-aka go to court.[/size]
Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by justynneke(f): 2:16pm On Jan 21, 2015
Who is dis?
Does it mean dat Ʊ r a thief cos ur classmate is worse?
C anoda cluelessness
Mtcheeeeeeeew

aguiyi:

that guy Justice Umaru Abdullahi, was as corrupt as corrption, if he was your classmate them there is more reason to xray you again to be sure you would not do worse.

he is one of those who dragged our judiciary into the mud
Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by vanen2: 2:17pm On Jan 21, 2015
Just show us the certificate so that all supporters of GEJ will defect to APC and vote for you.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue by lekkie073(m): 2:17pm On Jan 21, 2015
Demdem:

this is what the military have in his record

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Audu Sule Marries Wife ‘First Lady’. Wedding Holds Ahead Of Inauguration / Fani-Kayode Demands N2bn From Stella Dimoko-Korkus As He Separates From His Wife / Dauda Lawal: Is This The Most Handsome Governor In Nigeria 2023? (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.