Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. (39440 Views)

NYSC: Minister Of Sports Releases Investigation Report On Death Of Corps Member: / Female Corper Dies In Bayelsa Orientation Camp / Companies’ Rejection Of Corps Members Against Spirit Of NYSC – Dalong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by Nobody: 5:55am On Jan 22, 2015
Herzumpther:
You know how much I respect my privacy.... Too much info in a public forum. wink

ok
Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 22, 2015
Where are NL corps members?
Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by Ezibless: 1:39pm On Jan 22, 2015
emusmith:
I dedicate this THREAD to ALL NL corpers currently serving (Ghostlady, Ezibless) as a point of contact to all others and to those also who have a dream to serve their fatherland someday...

So I had this flashback of those days as a Corper (Agunbaniro Jesu cheesy)

I could still remember the excitement we all had enroute our Orientation Camp... We have heard more than enough, it was time to go experience it smiley

cheesy
Lol @bolded,i been think say na pray you wan pray sha.

BTW;i belong to number one categorygrin

1 Like

Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 22, 2015
Ezibless:

cheesy
Lol @bolded,i been think say na pray you wan pray sha.

BTW;i belong to number one categorygrin

Married women? Like seriously? shocked
Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by Ezibless: 2:19pm On Jan 22, 2015
emusmith:

Married women? Like seriously? shocked

Is married women number 1lipsrsealed

I no know ooogrin
Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 22, 2015
Ezibless:

Is married women number 1lipsrsealed

I no know ooogrin

So...cheesy...where do you fall?
Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by Missmossy(f): 2:38pm On Jan 22, 2015
shocked Buhahahahaha interesting grin
Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 22, 2015
Missmossy:
shocked Buhahahahaha interesting grin

smiley
Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 22, 2015
Hmmm. Gbam! Institute of Chartered Brethel of Nigeria (ICBN).
Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by Ezibless: 6:03pm On Jan 22, 2015
emusmith:

So...cheesy...where do you fall?

I no go orientation camp ooooo
Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 22, 2015
Ezibless:

I no go orientation camp ooooo

Oh...Yours is quite different...cheesy

1 Like

Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by tosyne2much(m): 7:17pm On Jan 22, 2015
Make I book space.. I go come comment next year
Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 22, 2015
tosyne2much:
Make I book space.. I go come comment nest year

OK o grin
Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by UnimkeAk(m): 11:40am On Jan 24, 2015
emusmith:
I dedicate this THREAD to ALL NL corpers currently serving using Ghostlady as a point of contact to all others and to those also who have a dream to serve their fatherland someday...

I could still remember the excitement we all had enroute our Orientation Camp... We have heard more than enough, it was time to go experience it smiley

Back To The Topic: cheesy:

With the euphoria of excitement in the camp then, I can now succinctly categorized all "OTONDOs" into SEVEN.

1. The Married Woman

These ones are very nice. If you are a friend to them, you'll be taken care of. They just need someone around them and you offered yourself... They'll tell their husband about you, he'll even call you and thank you sef... cheesy
They can talk sha o...

2. The Rich boy

This one, if it were possible, he would come to camp with his jeep. However, he is there as a Big Boy- Always in Mammy Market with a group of friends eating and drinking.

3. The Comedian

You can tell from afar that he's a Warri guy grin. In his hostel, it's never a dull moment with him around. Sure, he is popular. Sometimes, he is made the leader of the Platoon wink...

4. The Girl Mongers

This guy is always on the look out for ladies because he is just a Womanizer wink. Birds of a feather flock together so he has a group of Girl Chasers. They're the type whom girls live on while their own alawee remains untouched grin.

5. The Career Guy

This guy is a serious guy! He is in MDGs already from camp. He doesn't miss any Career Talk...He has flair for career stuff... He has a vision of building a market in his PPA so he could win the President's award...

6.The Hot and Beautiful

Girls, Girls, Girls... She and her crew are always together with their white short like a bum short... Theirs is just different... Their white shirt is a body hug...You wonder, are these Corps members like us? Lol...
They work their way to be posted to State Capital. How? ( No be my mouth you go hear that one oo) The funny aspect is that, they're just too shy to participate in any event for their platoon, especially the Beauty Contest...

7. The Religious Folks

NCCF, NACC and MCAN...ohh...Jehavah Witness too.... These sets are in camp not to "enjoy" the excitement per se but to win souls and please God...They look forward to becoming Leaders of the fellowships in their various PPAs as their Predecessors passes out...

I rep NCCF, Ekiti State- Agunbaniro Jesu grin...Jesus Corpers Will Never Die...

Though, NYSC did hurt us in some ways, but looking back now brings this nostalgic feeling on me... It was fun! We had a good time, met interesting people, learnt amazing things...in the Orientation Camp and also in our PPAs...

I believe you met a different set of friends.

Where do you or your friends fall? wink

You can add more smiley

True that

You forgot

PRIVATE UNIVERSITY GRADS & FOREIGN STUDENTS

They never fail to cease any opportunity to remind you of the schools they attended.

THE OTONDOS IN MEDICALS
Doctors and their pple, very proud set of guys in that their Vit.C administering tent called camp clinic.

Lastly

I fell into this group, can't think of a worthy name to tag it with..

Guys not serious with any camp activity, ball u no gree play, parade you no gree join, band? No, Dance? No, Drama? No, Pay platoon fees? NO, Attend lectures? NO.
Sit in Mami all day? HELL YES!
They platoon leader was always reporting us to our platoon officer and as usual she threatened us by saying she'll post us to remote areas with no tarred roads or power, which of course fell on deaf ears

Camp was really fun.

5 Likes

Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 24, 2015
UnimkeAk:

True that

You forgot

They never fail to cease any opportunity to remind you of the schools they attended.

THE OTONDOS IN MEDICALS
Doctors and their pple, very proud set of guys in that their Vit.C administering tent called camp clinic.

Lastly

Guys not serious with any camp activity, ball u no gree play, parade you no gree join, band? No, Dance? No, Drama? No, Pay platoon fees? NO, Attend lectures? NO.
They platoon leader was always reporting us to our platoon officer and as usual she threatened us by saying she'll post us to remote areas with no tarred roads or power, which of course fell on deaf ears

Camp was really fun.

grin...men, it was...

posting us to remote areas...lol
Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 24, 2015
THE KITCHEN WARRIORS: Dis species of camp Corpers no dey carry last when it's time for food. Some even put their sword(spoon) for waist pouch...their food flasks na family size. The meal tickets of them warriors is well ticked cuz they miss no meal.

A beautiful female warrior almost slit my throat In camp but as a ninja me survived.

THE PARADEPHOBICS : Whenever they hear the sound....time for parade that's when they fall sick.

THE NINJAS/THE GHOSTS: They hate parade but don't feign to be sick...d hide somewhere safe, breaking camp rules is stupid but they bend it a little cuz its fun, don't attend SAED...they always last to leave mami market.... platoon members don't know them but they know most of their platoon members.

5 Likes

Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by seedorfg(m): 11:02pm On Jan 24, 2015
Be nti won ri
Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 24, 2015
The gentle guy. cheesy
Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by sophtaf(f): 11:06pm On Jan 24, 2015
emusmith:

MODIFIED:

No one is here to feed you with lovely threads at gunpoint na? If you're tired, create that kind you want to see...smiley
simple!
Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 24, 2015
emusmith your thread always making front page. I swear I won't play on any of your thread again. In fact I won't comment again. sad
Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by nomabeeee(f): 11:16pm On Jan 24, 2015
Corps members that will always sleep when lectures re going on..buh I no go lie..that lecture can be soooo boring..lol..I rep ibom..
Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by engrkaz(m): 11:16pm On Jan 24, 2015
I fall in d second category. I wasnt particularly rich, but I had enough money to take care of my drinking habit. Always in mammy market with friends. I take bed rests at d clinic during that long and boring orientation lectures. Was fun though...
Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by gulfer: 11:16pm On Jan 24, 2015
Herzumpther:
You know how much I respect my privacy.... Too much info in a public forum. wink
Why or are you planning to scam an employer with your age
Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by wiloy2k8(m): 11:17pm On Jan 24, 2015
emusmith:
I dedicate this THREAD to ALL NL corpers currently serving using Ghostlady as a point of contact to all others and to those also who have a dream to serve their fatherland someday...

Back To The Topic: cheesy:

With the euphoria of excitement in the camp then, I can now succinctly categorized all "OTONDOs" into SEVEN.

1. The Married Woman

These ones are very nice. If you are a friend to them, you'll be taken care of. They just need someone around them and you offered yourself... They'll tell their husband about you, he'll even call you and thank you sef... cheesy
They can talk sha o...

2. The Rich boy

This one, if it were possible, he would come to camp with his jeep. However, he is there as a Big Boy- Always in Mammy Market with a group of friends eating and drinking.

3. The Comedian

You can tell from afar that he's a Warri guy grin. In his hostel, it's never a dull moment with him around. Sure, he is popular. Sometimes, he is made the leader of the Platoon wink...

4. The Girl Mongers

This guy is always on the look out for ladies because he is just a Womanizer wink. Birds of a feather flock together so he has a group of Girl Chasers. They're the type whom girls live on while their own alawee remains untouched grin.

5. The Career Guy

This guy is a serious guy! He is in MDGs already from camp. He doesn't miss any Career Talk...He has flair for career stuff... He has a vision of building a market in his PPA so he could win the President's award...

6.The Hot and Beautiful

Girls, Girls, Girls... She and her crew are always together with their white short like a bum short... Theirs is just different... Their white shirt is a body hug...You wonder, are these Corps members like us? Lol...
They work their way to be posted to State Capital. How? ( No be my mouth you go hear that one oo) The funny aspect is that, they're just too shy to participate in any event for their platoon, especially the Beauty Contest...

7. The Religious Folks

NCCF, NACC and MCAN...ohh...Jehavah Witness too.... These sets are in camp not to "enjoy" the excitement per se but to win souls and please God...They look forward to becoming Leaders of the fellowships in their various PPAs as their Predecessors passes out...

I rep NCCF, Ekiti State- Agunbaniro Jesu grin...Jesus Corpers Will Never Die...

Though, NYSC did hurt us in some ways, but looking back now brings this nostalgic feeling on me... It was fun! We had a good time, met interesting people, learnt amazing things...in the Orientation Camp and also in our PPAs...

I believe you met a different set of friends.

Where do you or your friends fall? wink

You can add more smiley

no 1 bro ... but was always at mammy with my nigaz .
Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 24, 2015
gulfer:
Why or are you planning to scam an employer with your age
grin grin grin
Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 24, 2015
Tinubu:
Ok

Not yet a Corper embarassed

So I will just pretend to understand what you guys are saying, learn one or two things, and later on edit this post and say something very silly when this topic hits frontpage grin
abi o
Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by seunoni34(m): 11:18pm On Jan 24, 2015
I rep C15 A
Hoping to explore all this kind of people in camp on may 2015. God willing
Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by Shinelle(f): 11:18pm On Jan 24, 2015
The "Army wanna be" people... Lmao always marching and screaming military stuff (Quarter guard, flag bearers etc" ), the soldiers love them so much and use them at any slightest opportunity as example for other otondos! You be like "guy u for kukuma go NDA"
Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by Segadem(m): 11:19pm On Jan 24, 2015
Tinubu:
Ok

Not yet a Corper embarassed

D
Going by your username, u want become polithiefcian.
Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by marvie234: 11:20pm On Jan 24, 2015
Well, I don't see my category there. D quiet ones(d ones who go unnoticed).... plus d rich girls(d Ajebos, d Daddy's pet n Mummy's handbag).
......Yeah, dats us.
Re: Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. by fashrola(m): 11:21pm On Jan 24, 2015
UnimkeAk:

True that

You forgot

THE OTONDOS IN MEDICALS

Lastly

Camp was really fun.

Sadly I fall into Group 4 sad .... served in Irun-Akoko, Ondo State 2012/2013

Though the girls didn't "chop" our money though... We were popular in camp though since I attended a para-military school,so almost the parade activities were handled by our school guys (less work for the army guys) so we had free gang-way to Mammy market

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Female Corper, Olajumoke Abetesola, Who Died In Bayelsa Camp (Photos) / Cultists Machete Female NYSC Member In Bayelsa / See What This Corp Member Is Doing Towards The Upcoming Elections.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.