Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,146 members, 7,835,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

"God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... (7187 Views)

No To Sex Outside Marriage / Russia's Proposed Law: No Evangelizing Outside Of Church / Who Created God, Is God Outside Of Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by johnydon22(m): 10:48am On Jan 26, 2015
Joshthefirst:
This is more nonsense than I can describe. How you got this conclusion from his post beats me. It clearly states there that God does not exist in any timeline. He was acting before time. He created it. Simple.

That period he was acting before creating "time" as you allegedly said, Is still time itself
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by johnydon22(m): 10:50am On Jan 26, 2015
malvisguy212:
science say time has a beginning, who created time? Can matter create matter?
Science did what
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by davien(m): 10:58am On Jan 26, 2015
LordReed:

Your explanation is just full of confusion. The prime question is has the entire universe been observed or only just a portion of it?
The fact that the entire universe has not been observed is a non-sequitor..
What you're asking is similar to those in the middle ages having said that "since we couldn't see the entire earth,therefore the earth is flat" undecided
The conclusions at the time that suggested the earth is spherical where based on mathematical principles,observations of other celestial bodies,the shadow of the earth when it eclipsed the moon,etc...and that is similar to what we've done to now the universe has no edged surface whatsoever...
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by davien(m): 11:00am On Jan 26, 2015
Joshthefirst:
Space expands into itself? Nawa o
Analogous of the way a piece of glass expands....only the expanding material in this case is infinite...
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by LucemFerre: 11:20am On Jan 26, 2015
malvisguy212:
science say time has a beginning, who created time? Can matter create matter?

Nothing or nobody created time, time is a medium not a creation. You know why? Because even creation occurs in time. I hope you understand. So, seriously I don't see how it is possible, in the slightest, for any existence to be outside of time or space for that matter.

You might be tempted to say God is beyond our understanding (that's what theists do) just because a logical attempt to imagine God outside time is a dead end. You people try to refute claims by SIMPLY declaring that it is beyond what is presented. I don't know what kind of reasoning that is. Going by what religions define God, I think devil is God and God was the one who tried to dethrone the devil and devil threw God down on earth because what is seen as done by the devil is far more impressive than what is assumed done by God. But of course theists have explanation for this too: Earth is not our home. Wtff... Somebody told you that a god said the only life you are SURE exists is not the real deal and you su<|<ers jump on it like little b!+<he5 because "oh of course, since life is not fair, there has to be a heaven."
You people are pathetic
Anyway, that's another story... Focus on the exist-out-of-time part.

1 Like

Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by LucemFerre: 11:30am On Jan 26, 2015
johnydon22:

If god has hands and feet that means he has a spinal cord too, medular oblongata, then brain, eyes, mouth, nose, tongue, lungs, stomach, joystick, butt... mehnnnnnnnnmn!!!

Lol... I laughed @ the "joystick"
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by johnydon22(m): 11:40am On Jan 26, 2015
LucemFerre:

Lol... I laughed @ the "joystick"
yes na... im get hands and feet na

1 Like

Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by LordReed(m): 12:54pm On Jan 26, 2015
davien:
The fact that the entire universe has not been observed is a non-sequitor..
What you're asking is similar to those in the middle ages having said that "since we couldn't see the entire earth,therefore the earth is flat" undecided
The conclusions at the time that suggested the earth is spherical where based on mathematical principles,observations of other celestial bodies,the shadow of the earth when it eclipsed the moon,etc...and that is similar to what we've done to now the universe has no edged surface whatsoever...

Not quite. The premise is that the universe is the "same" anywhere an observer is in the universe. This means that any sufficiently large sample of the universe will have the same properties as any other. I bet you can already see the limitation in that. One obvious one is that of size. The size of the universe is such that if it is curved our section of it so small that it seems flat. Which means we could actually only be experiencing phenomena that is local to our area of the universe. Again none of this is 100% certain until further tests (currently beyond our capacity) are done.

1 Like

Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by malvisguy212: 1:52pm On Jan 26, 2015
LucemFerre:

Nothing or nobody created time, time is a medium not a creation. You know why? Because even creation occurs in time. I hope you understand. So, seriously I don't see how it is possible, in the slightest, for any existence to be outside of time or space for that matter.

You might be tempted to say God is beyond our understanding (that's what theists do) just because a logical attempt to imagine God outside time is a dead end. You people try to refute claims by SIMPLY declaring that it is beyond what is presented. I don't know what kind of reasoning that is. Going by what religions define God, I think devil is God and God was the one who tried to dethrone the devil and devil threw God down on earth because what is seen as done by the devil is far more impressive than what is assumed done by God. But of course theists have explanation for this too: Earth is not our home. Wtff... Somebody told you that a god said the only life you are SURE exists is not the real deal and you su<|<ers jump on it like little b!+<he5 because "oh of course, since life is not fair, there has to be a heaven."
You people are pathetic
Anyway, that's another story... Focus on the exist-out-of-time part.
what you are trying to say is this; nothing caused the universe, the universe created it self? I believe you just type all this long note for the viewers to think you made a point,your post even contradicts the law of caused and effect(every material caused must have an adequate effect) if time created it self,what caused it?

Johnydon22. Your knowledge of God is soo empty,I don't even know what to say to you. God is a spirit, do spirit has flash?
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by johnydon22(m): 3:18pm On Jan 26, 2015
malvisguy212:
what you are trying to say is this; nothing caused the universe, the universe created it self? I believe you just type all this long note for the viewers to think you made a point,your post even contradicts the law of caused and effect(every material caused must have an adequate effect) if time created it self,what caused it?

Johnydon22. Your knowledge of God is soo empty,I don't even know what to say to you. God is a spirit, do spirit has flash?
is it not you that just said this your god has hands and feet which are typical products if the flesh... you can eat ur cake and have it my dear... its either he is a spirit being (whatever that shii means) without form or extension on shape just some void or it has hands and legs which makes it a humanoid...which is it?
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by davien(m): 3:54pm On Jan 26, 2015
LordReed:

Not quite. The premise is that the universe is the "same" anywhere an observer is in the universe. This means that any sufficiently large sample of the universe will have the same properties as any other. I bet you can already see the limitation in that. One obvious one is that of size. The size of the universe is such that if it is curved our section of it so small that it seems flat. Which means we could actually only be experiencing phenomena that is local to our area of the universe. Again none of this is 100% certain until further tests (currently beyond our capacity) are done.
Actually the cosmic microwave background radiation is the same everywhere and so measuring it would give the apparent curvature of the universe...
The only way for the universe not to be flat is if the radiation matches an "open" or "closed" universe...

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v404/n6781/abs/404955a0.html

" These anisotropies contain information
about basic cosmological parameters, particularly the total
energy density and curvature of the Universe. Here we
report the first images of resolved structure in the
microwave background anisotropies over a significant part
of the sky.
This is
consistent with that expected for cold dark matter models
in a flat (euclidean) Universe, as favoured by standard
inflationary models."
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by Joshthefirst(m): 4:46pm On Jan 26, 2015
johnydon22:

That period he was acting before creating "time" as you allegedly said, Is still time itself
no. There was no "period". There was only infinity. You guys should think things through before putting up lame rebuttals.

before time, there was God, infinite in every way. He declared a beginning, and he has declared an end. He is the author.

LucemFerre:
What the fu<|< is wrong with you theists? Faith is understandable but, not synonymous with dumbness, stupidity or schizophrenia. By faith, God exists, but declaring God (by faith) out of space and time is a serious lame move.
For example: If God created time, who or what created the time (interval) between when God did not create time and when God did? If God created space, where was it (God) before it did? Why can't you people think for once in your delusional life? You can believe in whatever the hell you want to believe in but, AT-fu<|<ing-LEAST be realistic and reasonable. If you can't... then shut the fu<|< up and keep going to church and reading Bible and let us think for fu<|<'s sakes.

Faith is a strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof. And that was just one google away. If you can't think, read. Wtff

What makes the concept of God any less made up than jack frost, or bogeyman, or the tooth fairy?

Faith means not wanting to know what is true.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.

--Philip K. Dick

And lastly and more importantly,

No amount of belief makes something a fact.

--James Randi
You should learn civility. you're painting the picture of an angry anti-religious fundamentalist man. Calm down. I wonder what God did to make you his enemy?

How can there be a time interval before time? Your anger has blinded you and made you think foolishly. and you call others delusional?

Before "space"(note the parenthesis closely), there was only God. Infinite by himself and for himself, the all-powerful creator.

Edited*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by LucemFerre: 5:02pm On Jan 26, 2015
malvisguy212:

Hehe... A strawman, really? I never said anything about the universe, cause or effect.
Annnd I never said time created itself either... That was exactly why my post was long (to you, because it isn't long, really) to TRY and help you understand but, obviously you don't appreciate my effort so, try this on for size...
Time is an independent existential medium by which change is measured. As I said earlier... It's not a creation, get it?

1 Like

Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by LucemFerre: 5:11pm On Jan 26, 2015
Joshthefirst:
no. There was no "period". There was only infinity. You guys should think things through before putting up lame rebuttals.

before time, there was God, infinite in every way. He declared a beginning, and he has declared an end. He is the author.

You should learn civility. you're painting the picture of an angry anti-religious fundamentalist man. Calm down. I wonder what God did to make you his enemy?

How can there be a time interval before time? Your anger has blinds dedicated you and made you think foolishly. and you call others delusional?

Before "space"(note the parenthesis closely), there was only God. Infinite by himself and for himself, the all-powerful creator.

I said that? *Sigh* Now, ad hominems... Who are these people? Can someone who understands english comment please?

1 Like

Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by Joshthefirst(m): 5:19pm On Jan 26, 2015
LucemFerre:

I said that? *Sigh* Now, ad hominems... Who are these people? Can someone who understands english comment please?
Yes you did. I made it bold specifically so you could notice.

And I have not resorted to any personal attacks. you're the one who started with cussing and name calling actually. In the end, your questions were just silly.
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by LucemFerre: 5:42pm On Jan 26, 2015
I said "IIIIIIFFFFFFF" haba!
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by malvisguy212: 5:45pm On Jan 26, 2015
LucemFerre:

Hehe... A strawman, really? I never said anything about the universe, cause or effect.
Annnd I never said time created itself either... That was exactly why my post was long (to you, because it isn't long, really) to TRY and help you understand but, obviously you don't appreciate my effort so, try this on for size...
Time is an independent existential medium by which change is measured. As I said earlier... It's not a creation, get it?
this is you earlier coment;

"Nothing or nobody created time, time is a medium not a creation. You know why? Because even creation occurs in time"

What I can understand from your coment is that time has no beginning (which is wrong) time is a cause,what caused it?
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by LucemFerre: 5:59pm On Jan 26, 2015
malvisguy212:
this is you earlier coment;

"Nothing or nobody created time, time is a medium not a creation. You know why? Because even creation occurs in time"

What I can understand from your coment is that time has no beginning (which is wrong) time is a cause,what caused it?

Lol... I said time has no beginning and you said it was wrong... And then you ask me what caused it? Lol... The burden of proof lies with u sweetheart
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by malvisguy212: 6:13pm On Jan 26, 2015
LucemFerre:

Lol... I said time has no beginning and you said it was wrong... And then you ask me what caused it? Lol... The burden of proof lies with u sweetheart
you know bro, you are not truthful here, you did not openly say "time has no beginning" you twist it, go back and re-read your post.

When Stephen hauwkin. Expend the equation of general relativity, the result indicated 'time has a beginning' there are a lot of evidence, am busy now, later. Thank you
Re: "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time... by LordReed(m): 8:49pm On Jan 26, 2015
davien:
Actually the cosmic microwave background radiation is the same everywhere and so measuring it would give the apparent curvature of the universe...
The only way for the universe not to be flat is if the radiation matches an "open" or "closed" universe...

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v404/n6781/abs/404955a0.html

" These anisotropies contain information
about basic cosmological parameters, particularly the total
energy density and curvature of the Universe. Here we
report the first images of resolved structure in the
microwave background anisotropies over a significant part
of the sky.
This is
consistent with that expected for cold dark matter models
in a flat (euclidean) Universe, as favoured by standard
inflationary models."

Okay from this can you tell us what the shape of the universe is?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? / The 10 Dogmata Of Mordern Science / Pastor Adeboye - Let Your Little Light Shine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.