Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,022 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw (22973 Views)

8 Things You Must Do Before Concluding Your NYSC Programme / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List / How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by jessyb: 10:24am On Jan 23, 2015
Wanna know the processes involved. A friend once told me that the firm would send a letter to NYSC and thesame would be taken to the orientation camp for redeployment. Is this true?
Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by tohero(m): 9:48pm On Jan 23, 2015
Anyone with such experience should please contribute! Biko!
Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by jennie2switt(f): 7:52am On Jan 25, 2015
It depends on the state, some states are strict about the 'no private firm' rule while some are not so strict.
In my own case (Lagos state), I went to camp with my request letter,submitted it when we were asked to, but I was not posted to the firm, rather, was posted to a school.
I did not relent tho, went to the school and got a rejection letter, submitted d rejection letter with another request letter from the same firm, and I got posted to the firm.
That's my own personal experience,
Goodluck to you. smiley

7 Likes

Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by tohero(m): 1:17pm On Jan 25, 2015
jennie2switt:

I did not relent tho, went to the school and got a rejection letter, submitted d rejection letter with another request letter from the same firm, and I got posted to the firm.
That's my own personal experience,
Goodluck to you. smiley
This is helpful! Thanks.

If you may spare some time for clarification please,

From your comment above, I guess you went along to camp with the firm's request letter. Was it a "connection" thing or you fought your way through?
Could you give some advice if it was the latter, how easy it is and how to go along with it.

Thanks
Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by jennie2switt(f): 3:34pm On Jan 25, 2015
tohero:

This is helpful! Thanks.

If you may spare some time for clarification please,

From your comment above, I guess you went along to camp with the firm's request letter. Was it a "connection" thing or you fought your way through?
Could you give some advice if it was the latter, how easy it is and how to go along with it.

Thanks

Just go along with the request letter, submit it when others start submitting theirs, that means you need to put your ears to the ground in camp and know what is going on at every point in time.

It was not a 'connection thing', there's a very low chance you will get posted to the firm as your PPA the first time you submit it tho because it's a private firm, but still, I will advice you submit it.

If it does not work, get a rejection letter from where you will be posted, attach the request letter to the rejection letter and submit to NYSC, there is every chance you will be posted to the firm.

Also, there is no guarantee to this, it's a 50:50 thing, i don't know about other states, it worked for me in Lagos state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by Ademat7(m): 8:45pm On Jan 25, 2015
^^ very good info u've just shared,wish other NL corp member could do so *enough secrecy* as for m I want to teach in a model second sch in lag A15 n love dis post.thanks once again
Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by tohero(m): 9:13pm On Jan 25, 2015
jennie2switt:

Just go along with the request letter, submit it when others start submitting theirs, that means you need to put your ears to the ground in camp and know what is going on at every point in time.

It was not a 'connection thing', there's a very low chance you will get posted to the firm as your PPA the first time you submit it tho because it's a private firm, but still, I will advice you submit it.

If it does not work, get a rejection letter from where you will be posted, attach the request letter to the rejection letter and submit to NYSC, there is every chance you will be posted to the firm.

Also, there is no guarantee to this, it's a 50:50 thing, i don't know about other states, it worked for me in Lagos state.
Thanks for that.

One more thing, please. Did you get the REQUEST LETTER before you went for your 3 weeks camping or it was after?
**actually am not very familiar with the nysc terms- PPA, POP .... Kindly explain in plains words.
Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by jennie2switt(f): 9:56pm On Jan 25, 2015
tohero:

Thanks for that.

One more thing, please. Did you get the REQUEST LETTER before you went for your 3 weeks camping or it was after?
**actually am not very familiar with the nysc terms- PPA, POP .... Kindly explain in plains words.

I got the request letter before I went to camp, I took it to camp along with every other necessary document needed for my registration,
it's in camp that all the posting will be done,

Your PPA is your place of primary assignment, that's where you will be posted,
In your own case, you want your PPA to be a firm, which you can only get on request.

POP means Passing out parade... The usual parade corpers do on the day they are passing out...lol.
I hope I have been of little help, please feel free to ask me anything, I will be glad to help.
Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by tohero(m): 10:56pm On Jan 25, 2015
jennie2switt:

I hope I have been of little help, please feel free to ask me anything, I will be glad to help.

Its really helping!

How do I go about getting the request letter? As a form of internship?
Can I just forward my CV through their email or walk up to the branch itself?

For me, I want extra allowance and of course hope of being retain (though I have a plan b if this firm thing does not work out. But seriously, it is my plan A)
Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by jennie2switt(f): 10:21am On Jan 26, 2015
tohero:

Its really helping!

For me, I want extra allowance and of course hope of being retain (though I have a plan b if this firm thing does not work out. But seriously, it is my plan A)

Let me understand something please,
Do u hv a particular firm in mind and hv u made plans with the firm? Or do u want NYSC to post you randomly to any firm?
Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by jennie2switt(f): 10:23am On Jan 26, 2015
tohero:

Its really helping!

Do u have a particular firm in mind and have u made plans with the firm? Or do you want NYSC to post you randomly to any firm?
Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by tohero(m): 2:10pm On Jan 26, 2015
jennie2switt:

Do u hv a particular firm in mind and hv u made plans with the firm? Or do u want NYSC to post you randomly to any firm?

No particular firm in mind now, I am thinking of sending my CV to some intrested firms. The request letter will be that of the firm (which suits me) that opts for me.

NYSC won't do the posting for me.
Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by jennie2switt(f): 12:24am On Jan 27, 2015
tohero:

No particular firm in mind now, I am thinking of sending my CV to some intrested firms. The request letter will be that of the firm (which suits me) that opts for me.

NYSC won't do the posting for me.

Ok, I understand now,
I think you should find a firm first and make arrangements with the firm, they should easily give u a signed and stamped request letter which you will take along with you to camp like I earlier stated. Best of luck.
Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by Kayman358(m): 9:24am On Jan 27, 2015
This thread has really been helpful to many, jennie2switt what if one has been given a letter of request by a firm e.g in Lagos before NYSC posting and as the posting will come out it came to be another state maybe Kwara. Can you still submit a letter of request from a firm in Lagos to a Kwara state camp? Which means the corper will be redeployed to Lagos state.

1 Like

Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by jennie2switt(f): 10:50am On Jan 27, 2015
Kayman358:
This thread has really been helpful to many, jennie2switt what if one has been given a letter of request by a firm e.g in Lagos before NYSC posting and as the posting will come out it came to be another state maybe Kwara. Can you still submit a letter of request from a firm in Lagos to a Kwara state camp? Which means the corper will be redeployed to Lagos state.

No, you cannot be redeployed on that basis, it is not possible at all.
You can only be redeployed based on the following;
a) marriage and b) health issues
Of which you will provide concrete evidence of any claim.
Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by Kayman358(m): 12:01pm On Jan 27, 2015
jennie2switt:

No, you cannot be redeployed on that basis, it is not possible at all.
You can only be redeployed based on the following;
a) marriage and b) health issues
Of which you will provide concrete evidence of any claim.

But in a case that happens what could be done, having collected the letter of request from a firm in another state.
Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by tohero(m): 1:01pm On Jan 27, 2015
jennie2switt:

Ok, I understand now,
I think you should find a firm first and make arrangements with the firm, they should easily give u a signed and stamped request letter which you will take along with you to camp like I earlier stated. Best of luck.

Thanks for the knowledge.
Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by MsFaith: 3:32pm On Jan 27, 2015
Jennie2switt. Thanks
Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by jennie2switt(f): 3:50pm On Jan 27, 2015
Kayman358:

But in a case that happens what could be done, having collected the letter of request from a firm in another state.

The request letter is valueless in that case, what you can do is to fold it and keep it underneath your box...lol.
On a more serious note, there is nothing you can do with/about it.
Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by jennie2switt(f): 3:53pm On Jan 27, 2015
MsFaith:
Jennie2switt. Thanks

Welcome.
Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by Kayman358(m): 8:51pm On Jan 27, 2015
jennie2switt:

The request letter is valueless in that case, what you can do is to fold it and keep it underneath your box...lol.
On a more serious note, there is nothing you can do with/about it.

Lol, Thanks for the info!!! Really appreciate
Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by benuejosh: 10:32am On Feb 01, 2015
jennie2switt:

Ok, I understand now,
if am to understand you clearly this is an ajebo type of service. where you know your place of ppa before posting. now what needs to be clearified is, what are the content in your request later, does it require or include your mobilization number or what. thanks for being of help to those who need it. bless you.
Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by jennie2switt(f): 1:57pm On Feb 01, 2015
benuejosh:
if am to understand you clearly this is an ajebo type of service. where you know your place of ppa before posting. now what needs to be clearified is, what are the content in your request later, does it require or include your mobilization number or what. thanks for being of help to those who need it. bless you.

Once you get to camp and complete your registration, your state code becomes your primary means of identification,
So the request letter should contain all the necessary information about you which includes your name, course of study, mobilization number and state code.
Did I forget to mention the request letter should be signed and stamped?
Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by benuejosh: 4:12pm On Feb 01, 2015
jennie2switt:

Once you get to camp and complete your registration, your state code becomes your primary means of identification,
So the request letter should contain all the necessary information about you which includes your name, course of study, mobilization number and state code.
Did I forget to mention the request letter should be signed and stamped?
correct. but still on what you posted before, you said you took your request letter to camp, now, how did you get the mobilization number and state code without doing your registration. how did you do that or did your request letter not contain those.
Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by jennie2switt(f): 8:32pm On Feb 01, 2015
benuejosh:
correct. but still on what you posted before, you said you took your request letter to camp, now, how did you get the mobilization number and state code without doing your registration. how did you do that or did your request letter not contain those.

You will get your call up number(mobilization number) from your school even before you will be posted to any state.
I wrote my state code on the request letter with a pen in camp after I registered.
Every other thing was typed except the state code.

1 Like

Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by benuejosh: 11:28pm On Feb 01, 2015
jennie2switt:

You will get your call up number(mobilization number) from your school even before you will be posted to any state.
I wrote my state code on the request letter with a pen in camp after I registered.
Every other thing was typed except the state code.
alryt thanks for been of help.
Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by jennie2switt(f): 7:28am On Feb 02, 2015
benuejosh:
alryt thanks for been of help.

You are welcome.
Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by Ademat7(m): 4:38pm On Feb 05, 2015
jennie2switt:

You are welcome.
pls I intend to serve in Lagos and I want to influence being posted to a model secondary sch but my worries is 1. Am I going to be paid any state allowee
Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by jennie2switt(f): 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2015
Ademat7:
pls I intend to serve in Lagos and I want to influence being posted to a model secondary sch but my worries is 1. Am I going to be paid any state allowee

Lagos State Government only pays those posted to a ministry through 'ministry of special duties'.
You cannot be paid state alawee if you are posted to a school by NYSC.
So if u want to be posted to the model secondary school, you have to forget the state alawee and hope the school pays you something.
Re: Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw by Ademat7(m): 1:13pm On Feb 06, 2015
jennie2switt:

Lagos State Government only pays those posted to a ministry through 'ministry of special duties'.
You cannot be paid state alawee if you are posted to a school by NYSC.
So if u want to be posted to the model secondary school, you have to forget the state alawee and hope the school pays you something.
#lobatan thanks for ur response

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Batch B 2014 Let's Meet Here / My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) / NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.