Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Katsaridaphobia: Morbid Fear Of Cockroaches - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Katsaridaphobia: Morbid Fear Of Cockroaches (3390 Views)

The Morbid Proccess Of Preparing For The Queens Death / Simple Household Tips To Get Rid Of Cockroaches In Kitchen! / Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Katsaridaphobia: Morbid Fear Of Cockroaches by howmarketng(m): 11:13am On Jan 23, 2015
According to people wey too sabi, Katsaridaphobia na the fear of cockroaches.

Now, most people do find roaches to be disgusting and creepy. However, people with the phobia of roaches take this fear to the extreme. This is not the typical “bugs are gross” response that so many people have towards cockroaches. People with Katsaridaphobia have very severe responses to cockroaches, which will be discussed further on in this article.

Symptoms of Katsaridaphobia
Symptoms of Katsaridaphobia will vary from person to person, depending on their personality characteristics and state of mind. Furthermore, Katsaridaphobia sufferers can have any number of triggers, from actual cockroaches to just a simple photo of one. This and the severity of symptoms depend on the level of fear a person has.

Generally, symptoms of Katsaridaphobia include extreme fear of cockroaches, and just generally feeling uncomfortable or anxious when exposed to cockroaches, or any environment that they may dwell in.

If the level of fear is high enough, exposure may cause a panic attack. Panic attacks are heightened levels of fear and anxiety during which the sufferer experiences a variety of physical symptoms. These symptoms include rapid heart beat, difficulty breathing, weakness, fainting, dizziness, tingling or numbness in the hands, an extreme sense of terror, feeling a loss of
control, and chest pain.

Read More on http://howmarket.co/2015/01/katsaridaphobia/

[img]http://howmarket.co/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/roach.jpg[/img]
Re: Katsaridaphobia: Morbid Fear Of Cockroaches by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 23, 2015
I don't fear cockroaches, they DISGUST me .
Re: Katsaridaphobia: Morbid Fear Of Cockroaches by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 23, 2015
. Double post.
Re: Katsaridaphobia: Morbid Fear Of Cockroaches by channelz: 11:31am On Jan 23, 2015
embarassed Disgustingly irritating! angry
Re: Katsaridaphobia: Morbid Fear Of Cockroaches by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 23, 2015
I don't fear them, I hate them cos they are irritating.
Re: Katsaridaphobia: Morbid Fear Of Cockroaches by greatgod2012(f): 12:37pm On Jan 23, 2015
Coackroaches are to be feared abeg, because it can cause infections.
Re: Katsaridaphobia: Morbid Fear Of Cockroaches by 5minsmadness: 2:41pm On Jan 23, 2015
When I was little I used to have this feeear of cockroaches. I was sleeping one night when one crawled up my trousers with its prickly legs. sad The experience is best left forgotten sad
Re: Katsaridaphobia: Morbid Fear Of Cockroaches by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 23, 2015
howmarketng:
According to people wey too sabi, Katsaridaphobia na the fear of cockroaches.

Now, most people do find roaches to be disgusting and creepy. However, people with the phobia of roaches take this fear to the extreme. This is not the typical “bugs are gross” response that so many people have towards cockroaches. People with Katsaridaphobia have very severe responses to cockroaches, which will be discussed further on in this article.

Symptoms of Katsaridaphobia
Symptoms of Katsaridaphobia will vary from person to person, depending on their personality characteristics and state of mind. Furthermore, Katsaridaphobia sufferers can have any number of triggers, from actual cockroaches to just a simple photo of one. This and the severity of symptoms depend on the level of fear a person has.

Generally, symptoms of Katsaridaphobia include extreme fear of cockroaches, and just generally feeling uncomfortable or anxious when exposed to cockroaches, or any environment that they may dwell in.

If the level of fear is high enough, exposure may cause a panic attack. Panic attacks are heightened levels of fear and anxiety during which the sufferer experiences a variety of physical symptoms. These symptoms include rapid heart beat, difficulty breathing, weakness, fainting, dizziness, tingling or numbness in the hands, an extreme sense of terror, feeling a loss of
control, and chest pain.

Read More on http://howmarket.co/2015/01/katsaridaphobia/

[img]http://howmarket.co/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/roach.jpg[/img]

I have cockroach phobia especially wen they fly. i panic a lot till its killed or I call someone to kill it for me.
Re: Katsaridaphobia: Morbid Fear Of Cockroaches by Kimoni: 4:59pm On Jan 23, 2015
I hate these things with a passion, especially the flying ones. I'd rather see a rat.
Re: Katsaridaphobia: Morbid Fear Of Cockroaches by NickiRoman: 8:43pm On Jan 23, 2015
I have a huge phobia for cockroaches, I can't enter a room were there's a cockroach even when it's dead.

Yeah, It's that bad. grin lipsrsealed
Re: Katsaridaphobia: Morbid Fear Of Cockroaches by KingTom(m): 9:28pm On Jan 23, 2015
NickiRoman:
I have a huge phobia for cockroaches, I can't enter a room were there's a cockroach even when it's dead.

Yeah, It's that bad. grin lipsrsealed
My sister has it too grin.

That's not funny cry
Re: Katsaridaphobia: Morbid Fear Of Cockroaches by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 23, 2015
Now this is one stubborn insect and it doesn't die that easily. I hate it honestly. Hate everything about this damn insect!
Re: Katsaridaphobia: Morbid Fear Of Cockroaches by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 23, 2015
The thread would have been much better without the pictures of these repulsive, nauseating, nasty, obnoxious, off-putting, stomach-churning creatures. angry lipsrsealed undecided embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Katsaridaphobia: Morbid Fear Of Cockroaches by jmoore(m): 11:06pm On Jan 23, 2015
carefreewannabe:
The thread would have been much better without the pictures of these repulsive, nauseating, nasty, obnoxious, off-putting, stomach-churning creatures. angry lipsrsealed undecided embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
God created them beautiful.
Re: Katsaridaphobia: Morbid Fear Of Cockroaches by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 23, 2015
jmoore:

God created them beautiful.

Do they look beautiful to you?
Re: Katsaridaphobia: Morbid Fear Of Cockroaches by jmoore(m): 11:10pm On Jan 23, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Do they look beautiful to you?
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
Re: Katsaridaphobia: Morbid Fear Of Cockroaches by jmoore(m): 11:11pm On Jan 23, 2015
I read an article titled 'Cockroaches: The insect we're programmed to fear' on BBC website. It is too long, no need posting it here. Check the link here http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20140918-the-reality-about-roaches

Few excerpts

Andrew Stein, a computer programmer who grew up in New Orleans but now lives in New York, also recalls once being trapped by a roach. One night in his newly renovated Brooklyn apartment, he heard a familiar scratch-scratch-scratch coming from the bathroom. “This was not a place I was expecting to see a bunch of insects,” he says. “But I thought, ‘That sounds like it could be a cockroach.’”

Investigating, he found a large American cockroach clinging to his bath towel. He spent the next two hours camped out in the hallway, trying to work up the courage to go back inside and kill the roach. When his roommate came home at around 2am, however, Stein saw a better way out: he paid his roommate $10 to dispose of the roach rather than face it himself. “That’s probably the most emasculating thing I’ve ever told anyone,” he says.

Roaches invade our homes and make those intimate spaces their own. As physical embodiments of filth and germs, they show that for all of our fortifications against dirt and disease, those efforts are ultimately futile. “They’ve really figured out how to exploit the opportunities we create, and in doing so, developed behaviours and life histories that prevent us from controlling them,” says Jeff Lockwood, a professor of natural sciences and humanities at the University of Wyoming. “In a sense, we loathe that which we foster.” Our very existence enables them to thrive.
Re: Katsaridaphobia: Morbid Fear Of Cockroaches by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 23, 2015
jmoore:

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Does it answer the question if cockroaches look beautiful to you?
Re: Katsaridaphobia: Morbid Fear Of Cockroaches by EfemenaXY: 1:13pm On Jan 24, 2015
Dirty, creepy, irritating things.

Nasty too.

But then again, those roaches are a measure of one's cleanliness and hygiene standards.

1 Like

Re: Katsaridaphobia: Morbid Fear Of Cockroaches by blank(f): 10:48am On Jan 25, 2015
greatgod2012:
Coackroaches are to be feared abeg, because it can cause infections.

Welcome back GG2012. Nice to hear from you.
Re: Katsaridaphobia: Morbid Fear Of Cockroaches by greatgod2012(f): 11:04am On Jan 25, 2015
blank:

Welcome back GG2012. Nice to hear from you.

thank you my sister!
How are you and yours ma?
Regards!
Re: Katsaridaphobia: Morbid Fear Of Cockroaches by blank(f): 8:40am On Jan 26, 2015
greatgod2012:

thank you my sister!
How are you and yours ma?
Regards!

We dey o.

Just dey maintain the Katsaridaphobia. Horrible things. I think the worst piece of information i heard was that cockroaches can live with their heads cut off for up to 2 weeks and they can survive for months without food. I hate roaches.

(1) (Reply)

Life Story! Mind how you associate with people. / As A Bachelor What's Your Average Expenses Every Week? / Have You Done A Business That Didn't Work Out As You Expected? Coman Gist Us.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.