Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,918 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled (56582 Views)

See What Some Nigerians Are Claiming They Saw After Buhari Was Announced Winner / Photos: President Jonathan Smiling After Buhari Was Declared Winner Yesterday / A 1985 Newspaper Headline (buhari's Administration) On State Of Unemployment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by starlingbawa(m): 4:32pm On Jan 23, 2015
barcanista:
What a useless piece by some corruption backed Journalist

How do you mean? Please enlighten us some more
Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by Jarus(m): 4:33pm On Jan 23, 2015
[i][/i]
anonimi:

Is there anything in the news written by Okey Ndibe that is not true?
If yes, kindly highlight instead of simply casting aspersions on the medium.
Thanks.

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos

I have never denied that there were breach of human rights during Buhari's regime, like any other military regime.

Even Jonathan, despite ruling under democratic regime, also has his share of human rights abuse, from the seizure of Sanusi's passport to harassment of Tambuwal using soldiers.

That does not take away what is well known fact that Abiola used Concord to launch an attack on Buhari's regime to wet the ground for takeover, and justify the takeover afterwards.

This is well documented.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by ichidodo: 4:34pm On Jan 23, 2015
customized13:
now they are calling their great MKO corrupt too. I dey laugh.
But when you look at it they have a point because MKO basically made his money cleaning up after Buhari and IBB..."when you benefit from corruption then you are corrupt" ichidodo 2015 A.D..
Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by alaoeri: 4:36pm On Jan 23, 2015
rozayx5:

and who told the certificate saga has ended, see this one grin grin grin grin grin

na perjury court case alone go make pa buhari look 20 years older

where is Buhari's certificate?? have you seen it? cheesy
Oya now let's go there, we are waiting for the court case. undecided
Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by Shazee74: 4:36pm On Jan 23, 2015
Dig up anything u like, I have decided to vote GMB/PYO
Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by atlwireles: 4:36pm On Jan 23, 2015
rozayx5:

and who told the certificate saga has ended, see this one grin grin grin grin grin

na perjury court case alone go make pa buhari look 20 years older

where is Buhari's certificate?? have you seen it? cheesy

Don't mind them, they know they are politically finished. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by ptolemy247(m): 4:36pm On Jan 23, 2015
barcanista:
I don't know why we Nigerians choose to be so sentimental with issues. If the news was printed in a national daily owned by Tinubu, I bet you would have thought differently...Its not about party, its about finding the best man for Nigeria
Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by jiggalo(m): 4:37pm On Jan 23, 2015
90% of Buhari supporters are illiterate moslems,
jihadis, sharia supporters/ reporters and retirement
over due mafia politicians. I can swear with my
oxford forged certificate that no well educated
man/woman from the northern part of this country
will ever support Buhari' s candidacy. in a party
that has closed to 50m members across the
country and 80% of then being youths wish am one
of them untill we were denied the opportune to
match the great Jonathan with youthful force.
Kwankwaso of kano state has all it takes to lead
these youthful match to Aso Rock, not to mention
Okorocha,El rufai or Ameachi. But selfish political
interest and Islamic agendas will not allow us think
straight and today some people want to blame
some Igbos for not joining the cues like fullani
cows, known fully well that we're a nation bigger
than a country with well civilized men and women.
I know many will like to disagree with me on this
or even choose not to believe me if I tell them now
that am one of the thousands Igbo APC supporters
who throw free drinks to neighbours because of
APC with the hope of a modern change under the
new age only for us to be surprised with the kind
of change in package without any considerations
for the youths, even Fashola or Ameachi was left
out for another old man as the vice candidate.
Believe me or not... JONATHAN is the only
presidential option for this 2015.

4 Likes

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by starlingbawa(m): 4:37pm On Jan 23, 2015
Kenai:

Was the 1984 New York Times article I posted exposing the fact that Buhari signed a pact with Brazil to refine our oil outside the country also owned by MKO Abiola, or are you looking for new ghosts to blame for that one?

When NANS came out a few days ago to say they would NEVER support Buhari, did the APC fanatics not claim they were PAID BY GEJ? Yet this article I posted has REVEALED why they never liked the man.
Who are you going to blame for that one too?

Keep looking for ghosts to accuse for the crimes of your hypocritical Mr. Integrity.

Thank you so much for this piece!

3 Likes

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by Truthisit: 4:38pm On Jan 23, 2015
keep disturbing yourself with all these internet rubbish, while majority of the electorates have vowed to vote for Buhari!
Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by anonimi: 4:38pm On Jan 23, 2015
Jarus:
I have never denied that there were breach of human rights during Buhari's regime, like any other regime.

Thanks for confirming that you do not have anything to take away from the article as posted.

If you have other issues you can always open a new thread thereon for its discussion.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by BlackHuman(m): 4:38pm On Jan 23, 2015
It still doesn't make him as bad as Jonathan......Besides, atleast there was saftey of lives and propeties back then. Unlike now, when under Jonathan,- thousands of innocent citizens have been killed by Boko-Haram, and Boko- Haram now even come out in d open, in broad day light to kill and Kidnapp people, and even capture and rename nigerian towns and cities.....

1 Like

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by Nctrice(m): 4:38pm On Jan 23, 2015
decree 4, decree 2, decree 3 and decree 20! Only dictator operates in such fashion!
Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 23, 2015
ichidodo:
But when you look at it they have a point because MKO basically made his money cleaning up after Buhari and IBB..."when you benefit from corruption then you are corrupt" ichidodo 2015 A.D..
They will get hurt with this fact outside this thread. You can imagine how they now agree MKO is corrupt because his newspaper company was used in publishing an article that bites them so much.
Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by Kororugged: 4:39pm On Jan 23, 2015
HopeAlive14:

Would you say that President Jonathan has not hinged his governance on the rule of law and separation of powers?

If yes, then why blame the Executive for either Legislative or Judicial anomalies?

It is not the fault of Nigerians if your outgoing president lacks charisma, good human resource management and the ability to build consensus.

Every leader in a democratic setting has to manage his/her relationships with opposition parties. GEJ cannot even manage his own home effectively so how can he manage the country effectively?

1 Like

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by mikefast(m): 4:39pm On Jan 23, 2015
HOW MUCH ARE THEY PAYING YOU TO PUT THIS UP?
Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by Gondonu: 4:39pm On Jan 23, 2015
barcanista:
Because it is highlighting again the deeds of your evil despotic so called "Rtd.Maj-Gen"? The sins of this man sticks with him all through eternity so live with it!

3 Likes

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by jzdoberman: 4:39pm On Jan 23, 2015
[quote author=baybeeboi post=30060827]Buhari,No wonder He has been failing and refailing the lections since 1999..
The evil he has done lives with Him and will live with Him forever.
Say no to VIOLENCE
say no to BIGOTRY
say no to FORGERY
say no to TERRORISM
say no to Buhari
say Yes to EDUCATION
say yes to GENDER EQUALITY
say yes to FREEDOM
VOTE GEJ 2015-2019[/quote

Bro, uncle Joe has been voted in already...even buhari nd his entire family WILL VOTE for uncle Joe.

2 Likes

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by okestev: 4:40pm On Jan 23, 2015
baybeeboi:
Buhari,No wonder He has been failing and refailing the lections since 1999..
The evil he has done lives with Him and will live with Him forever.
Say no to VIOLENCE
say no to BIGOTRY
say no to FORGERY
say no to TERRORISM
say no to Buhari
say Yes to EDUCATION
say yes to GENDER EQUALITY
say yes to FREEDOM
VOTE GEJ 2015-2019
"IF GOD SHOULD MARK INIQUITY, WHO WILL STAND? (Ps 130 vs 3) If God want GMB to be our next president, it doesnt matter how tough his critics are, they are just waisting their time. It doesnt matter what he might have done in the past. Saul persecuted Christian, participated in killings...but for God to kill him, No! He had mercy on him, CHANGED HIM and used him mightily more than other Apostel...

2 Likes

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by dre11(m): 4:41pm On Jan 23, 2015
nedu2000:
Concord newspapers,owned by MKO abiola who happens to be IBB's friend,IBB needed the support of the masses after his coup & where else than a newspaper owned by his good ol' friend MKO (corrupt duo)

Concord newspaper owned by MKO who is a close pal to babangida

Also, the man who is corrupt personified and looking for an avenue to legalised the coming of Babagida

Why can't they come up with other papers to back up their claim and resort to bring up Concord of all paper

SMH for the op

1 Like

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by Scholes007(m): 4:41pm On Jan 23, 2015
buari has nothing good to offer us...prove me wrong if you can(note with proves)
Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by Gondonu: 4:41pm On Jan 23, 2015
mikefast:
HOW MUCH ARE THEY PAYING YOU TO PUT THIS UP?
No need for being paid."The evil that men do live with them"So we should all be careful whatsoever we do as we have a day with histroy.
Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by jingh(f): 4:42pm On Jan 23, 2015
rozayx5:

thrash
stick to the topic;
change is when you beat up doctors for complaining about poor hospital facilities
thunder fire bokobinhari , blood thirsty illiterate cow rearer
so buhari is illiterate ?
I don't know before.
pls is PEJ literate ?

1 Like

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by anonimi: 4:42pm On Jan 23, 2015
barcanista:

Okey Ndibe is a corruption backed journalist abi?

Anyway we know that the Baba of Corruption is the pensioner who collects N23 million from us while minimum wage for active workers is N18,000 yet the same elder statesman does not attend Council of State meetings to discuss security.

Please where is the integrity in such a daft old soldier

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by Eggcelent(m): 4:43pm On Jan 23, 2015
Comparing a Buhari administration under a military set-up to what he might do as a democratically elected President (with a likely PDP-controlled Senate) doesn't add up. And the fact he knew IBB and some others were against him and yet didn't accuse and eliminate them over planning some coups shows the man isn't as rigid and domineering as some would like us to believe (remember how IBB and Abacha eliminated many competent officers of the Nigeria Army over mere allegations of coup-plotting?) Besides, the piece was from Concord which was undoubtedly in support of IBB regime and would do anything to justify its take-over of power. And for the foreign media you referenced, I dare say they only copied what they garnered from our local media based on what served their nation's purpose. You can't read too much into what they write.
Meanwhile, I must say GMB has largely based his campaigns on his perceived integrity any his presumed ability to tackle Boko Haram based on what he did with the Maitatseine Group. He has never claimed to be a leader who comes up with populist policies. The question for Nigerians is if these 2 points are enough reasons to vote him in
IN ALL, THE BEAUTY OF DEMOCRACY IS HAVING CHOICES AND NIGERIANS HAVE TO MAKE A CHOICE BETWEEN GEJ & GMB. THEY BOTH HAVE POSITIVES AND NEGATIVES ABOUT THEIR CANDIDACIES. WE JUST HAVE TO ASK WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO US AT THIS TIME AND WHO BETWEEN THE 2 IS READY AND ABLE TO DELIVER RESULTS.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by mikefast(m): 4:46pm On Jan 23, 2015
@KENAI.
WHY DO PEOPLE IN NIGERIA BEHAVE LIKE SHEEP. IT IS NORMAL FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT WHEN IBB TOOK OVER FROM BUHARI, HE WILL DEFINATELY WRITE A STORY OR PAY SOME ONE TO WRITE SO AS TO COVER UP THEIR GREED FOR POSITION. OR WHERE YOU EXPECTING THE OVERTHROWN PRESIDENT TO DEFIND HIM SELF AS AT THAT TIME?

2 Likes

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by ravgach: 4:47pm On Jan 23, 2015
fasbat:
in military junta, anything goes including banning of interest groups, so d shortcomings of Buhari's govt in. 1983 has been forgiven, if IBB and others dt installed GMB were a bit careful ,Nig would ve been a better and organised country by now. GMB would have guarantee a better future than d wasteful IBB dt came after him...

Bros how do you know his regime would have been better than IBB? You are just behaving like Buhari's class teacher who assured the Nigerian Army Authorities to enlist him that he would pass in about five subjects. Was that teacher not disgraced? See different version of certificates flying all over the country today. He disappointed the teacher silly! Please, please do not go there! You are not a prophet. He disgraced is 'prophet' teacher and he would have disappointed you if he had been allowed a minute more time than he had.

We cannot do what the Army Authorities did in 1961. He must produce his certificate before we allow him to rule! No more, no less.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by rozayx5(m): 4:47pm On Jan 23, 2015
Kenai:

Was the 1984 New York Times article I posted exposing the fact that Buhari signed a pact with Brazil to refine our oil outside the country also owned by MKO Abiola, or are you looking for new ghosts to blame for that one?

When NANS came out a few days ago to say they would NEVER support Buhari, did the APC fanatics not claim they were PAID BY GEJ? Yet this article I posted has REVEALED why they never liked the man.
Who are you going to blame for that one too?

Keep looking for ghosts to accuse for the crimes of your hypocritical Mr. Integrity.

u said it all, maybe GEJ paid the new york times from his pocket money as a student cool
Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by D9ty7(m): 4:48pm On Jan 23, 2015
I wonder why some set of people see truth and decides to ignore it by believing lies. Buhari is incorruptible, we know it and from people's comment on Nairaland, he is the only Nigerian who is honest and incorruptible, everyone else is corrupt, even his supporters. The thing men do to paint a good picture of their employer.
I am not disputing the fact that MKO Abiola wasn't the owner of Concord newspapers, but when these things were published, did NANS come out to debunk it that their members were not detained? Did the doctors come out to debunk it that they were not locked up?
If we are discussing issues like this, lets not be bias, admitting that Buhari did all these things doesn't mean people won't vote for him. I as a person believed in change, 1985 to 2015 is a very long time and if you ask me, I believe he could have changed from that dictator to a democrat and the same way he could have changed from incorruptible to being corrupt. That's change for you.
I am not ashamed to admit that I love Jonathan, I am entitled to my own opinion. The country is being misruled but at the same time, I still want him to continue, you never can tell. But hey! I am not campaigning for Mr President.
I have seen some TAN members here who have openly admitted that Jonathan has failed, they admit it when he makes mistakes, his past dealings and all other stuffs. But APC members, tell them Buhari is a man, they'll call you names, whereas they knew within them that Buhari is a man, but to admit it openly is a problem. And I think their problem is the fear of the unknown. APC wants to wrest power from PDP and as a result they are presenting themselves as saints who doesn't make mistakes so people can vote for them.
From the APC e-warriors on Nairaland, you'll ask yourself, what is the difference between Jesus and Buhari and you'll see that there is non except that Jesus is a Jew and Buhari is a Fulani. Even Jesus christ broke the Jewish laws, tho he backed it up with convincing claims, but Buhari has never gone against the law. Everything he does is right.
I know that the likes of Barcanista, Omenke, Berem will come here and tell us Buhari hasn't eaten today cos he loves Nigeria. A few weeks to election while on January 23 2012, Buhari ate cos it was not election period and not because he hated Nigeria.
Lets face the fact, there are propagandas and in every nonsense, there is always sense cos nonsense ends with sense. There are elements of truth in these propagandas, but as a result of their desperation for power, they see it as nothing.
Nigeria will only be better if a leader emerged whose good sides and bad sides we know, that way, we will know what to expect and the people with the help of the media can let him know somethings. Jonathan is the worst president ever, we know. He is clueless, we know. But at least, he admitted that he had failed us, and he is coming back to make things right according to him, but Buhari is always on the good side.
I know some people here will say that Buhari was never a dictator or he ruled without tribal sentiments or judged corrupt politicians without sentiments. We know he is not a religious bigot and even if I don't like him, I know he has no plans of islamizing Nigeria.
Things can only get better.
I know people will castigate me cos of this. I don't mind, your comments will only increase my mentions. Ama just ignore you.

1 Like

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by anonimi: 4:48pm On Jan 23, 2015
jingh:
so buhari is illiterate ?
I don't know before.
pls is PEJ literate ?

- Is PEJ the president or seeking our endorsement a record fourth time to be RECRUITED to our nation's top job?
- Will PEJ be making economic policies for our country that would lead to CNN recognising us as a 3rd growth country for 2015?
- Is she the one who ABANDONED secondary school to join the army only to be stammering and telling stories about his certificate 55 years later?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2033670_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

When we say the inhabibants of BuhariSTAN are afflicted with the Cow Cloned Brain Syndrome, CCBS una go dey halla dey complaint like sey we nor be true wey we talk shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by Azo(m): 4:48pm On Jan 23, 2015
Jarus:
[i][/i]

I have never denied that there were breach of human rights during Buhari's regime, like any other military regime.

Even Jonathan, despite ruling under democratic regime, also has his share of human rights abuse, from the seizure of Sanusi's passport to harassment of Tambuwal using soldiers.

That does not take away what is well known fact that Abiola used Concord to launch an attack on Buhari's regime to wet the ground for takeover, and justify the takeover afterwards.

This is well documented.

Yu have said it all. If they like they can hate Buhari. For all I care they are only minorities in this stance. Buhari will always be the truthful and sincere person he has always been whether they open their eyes ans minds t the truth or not. Imagine bringing out Concord article as an evidence when it is knwn for a fact that MKO invested in journaism to smite his enemies and promote his friends.

#SaiBuhari #Nobodyholypass
Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by ichidodo: 4:48pm On Jan 23, 2015
customized13:
They will get hurt with this fact outside this thread. You can imagine how they now agree MKO is corrupt because his newspaper company was used in publishing an article that bites them so much.
They fight over themselves as to who soils his memory most just,God forbid, for the faintest chance of sharing the spoils of Nigeria with the illiterate one after 2015..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Imo Officials Now Wear Bullet-Proof? (Photos) / How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area. / Buhari Locks In Northwest, Southwest, Northeast, Niger, Kwara - Leadership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.