Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled (56585 Views)

See What Some Nigerians Are Claiming They Saw After Buhari Was Announced Winner / Photos: President Jonathan Smiling After Buhari Was Declared Winner Yesterday / A 1985 Newspaper Headline (buhari's Administration) On State Of Unemployment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by mikefast(m): 4:49pm On Jan 23, 2015
JUST FEEL TOUCHED BY ALL THIS HULLABULLAH OF SO CALLED ELECTION CAMPAIGNS GOING ON.
Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by nellyjohn: 4:49pm On Jan 23, 2015
It's really obvious that Buhari is not the right choice. GEJ may not have done well but, he is a better option dan Buhari. Any I don't blame buhari becos he is uneducated and dats why he won't attend to those who are highly educated. Am sure his supporters are like him too.
For me, it's GEJ all the way
Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by rozayx5(m): 4:49pm On Jan 23, 2015
jingh:
so buhari is illiterate ?
I don't know before.
pls is PEJ literate ?

GEJ i know but who is PEJ?
did i vote for her?
does the constitution know her?
is she running for president?

we talking about an expatriate illiterate cow rearer coming out to try and rule a country and your mentioning someones wife undecided

2 Likes

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 23, 2015
Kenai:
It's all contained in that cover story.
These are the people who actually witnessed Buhari's administration. The people who saw it, felt it and lived it for almost 2 years of their lives. This is a story written exactly during that period, echoing the voices from the hearts of millions of Nigerians, not dubious tweets from people who would rather rewrite history on Twitter by selling us lies on 4 phantom refineries and fake inflation cuts, just for their own selfish interests.

I will never be a slave to ignorance.

I don't know how much you are being paid to do all this your dirty talks and manipulate the minds of Millions of Nigeria out there. Obasanjo as a Military head of state was not outstanding but as a democratic elected president he was awesome and outstanding(Though I wasn't existing during his first regime to know how true his administration as a military head of state was, But i lived,felt, and was existing during his second regime) Obasanjo and Yar' Adua administrations are the best things that ever happened to Nigeria as a country. Jonathan failed us as a president. We put so much trust in him but he failed us. I will mentioned the area in which Jonathan has failed Nigerians as a president,

1. Power supply. - Even after the power section has been privatized it has gone from worst to worse. In my City(Akure) As a programmer and a graphic designer that works mostly from home. I can't boast of 4 hrs of power supply daily. I have to run generator all day long just to get my job done. That being said to pay your electricity bills U will have to waste a whole day just to do that alone cos of the very long queue at the payment office. The Government has failed us in this section and every Nigerian knows this.

2. Security - We all know how porous our borders are and with the poor immigration policies the country has been rendered unsafe.

3. Corruption - Corruption in Nigeria is at its peak and it's biggest that we ever witnessed and see as a country. 20 billion $ missing ( for Goodness sake Billions of dollars and not 20 naira) 1 trillion from subsidy is still missing. Alams presidential pardon.

This 3 alone can cripple future of a nation. Instead of him to tell us the paln he had for us in the next 4 years and how to solve the problems at hand, He keeps pointing fingers. Dude I'm very sure u are wiser than this Please don't sell your future and the future of your generations for the token u are been paid to rant on this forum. If Buhari is not good as a president after 4 years we can kick his ass out if he fails us. But for now lets get the change we need.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 23, 2015
okestev:
"IF GOD SHOULD MARK INIQUITY, WHO WILL STAND? (Ps 130 vs 3) If God want GMB to be our next president, it doesnt matter how tough his critics are, they are just waisting their time. It doesnt matter what he might have done in the past. Saul persecuted Christian, participated in killings...but for God to kill him, No! He had mercy on him, CHANGED HIM and used him mightily more than other Apostel...
that's why we are not God and besides God forgivesforgives when one begs for forgiveness. Buhari's case is the otherwise.
Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by brat4222(m): 4:50pm On Jan 23, 2015
Dont mind them.
Newspaper company owned by Abiola, Babangida's friend. See how they described him like a military angel. How did the so-call love btw IBB, Abiola and Nigeria end. Say it. If you stand Buhari and Babangida for Nigerians today, who do you think they will vote for? Tell me. IBB deceived everyone. Remember Evil Genius? Maradona? our eyes cleared and we knew Buhari was a better Military leader.
Nothing will make me retract my support for Buhari. He's a better option than GEJ today. Rubbish newspaper from the archives. E no hold water at all. None-sense!
chemali:

Exposing what fact? It was not a new thing in Nigeria at that time.

1 Like

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by dammytosh: 4:50pm On Jan 23, 2015
Dollar is 208- 1 naira as at today.

Carry 1985 Newspaper and be f00ling yourselves.

#CHANGE or REVOLUTION LOOMS

#GMB2015
Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 23, 2015
Jarus:
[i][/i]

I have never denied that there were breach of human rights during Buhari's regime, like any other military regime.

Even Jonathan, despite ruling under democratic regime, also has his share of human rights abuse, from the seizure of Sanusi's passport to harassment of Tambuwal using soldiers.

That does not take away what is well known fact that Abiola used Concord to launch an attack on Buhari's regime to wet the ground for takeover, and justify the takeover afterwards.

This is well documented.

You don try, you hear? You are comparing the indiscriminate murder and imprisonment of human beings with the seizure of a passport.

Once again, you don try. Kudos

2 Likes

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by dammytosh: 4:53pm On Jan 23, 2015
brat4222:
Dont mind them.
Newspaper company owned by Abiola, Babangida's friend. See how they described him like a military angel. How did the so-call love btw IBB, Abiola and Nigeria end. Say it. If you stand Buhari and Babangida for Nigerians today, who do you think they will vote for? Tell me. IBB deceived everyone. Remember Evil Genius? Maradona? our eyes cleared and we knew Buhari was a better Military leader.
Nothing will make me retract my support for Buhari. He's a better option than GEJ today. Rubbish newspaper from the archives. E no hold water at all. None-sense!

Thank you so much.

Tell them. They want GEJ to continue until exchange rate gets to Zimbabwean style.

1 Like

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by ravgach: 4:54pm On Jan 23, 2015
okestev:
"IF GOD SHOULD MARK INIQUITY, WHO WILL STAND? (Ps 130 vs 3) If God want GMB to be our next president, it doesnt matter how tough his critics are, they are just waisting their time. It doesnt matter what he might have done in the past. Saul persecuted Christian, participated in killings...but for God to kill him, No! He had mercy on him, CHANGED HIM and used him mightily more than other Apostel...

But Saul genuinely repented and confessed his sins! Let him first repent and confess all his sins:

1. Sponsoring of electoral violence that killed youth corpers
2. Faking Certificate
3. Overthrowing a democracy - opening the door for bad governments of IBB, ABACHA, ABDUSALAM!
4. Killing Nigerians on a retroactive law. Person commit office today you come make law next week use am kill the person.
5. Supporting Sharia that killed thousands of Christians
6. Serving under Abacha regime
7. Discriminating against the south of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by Longeria(m): 4:54pm On Jan 23, 2015
Kororugged:
Useless and baseless revisionism.

General Buhari was a military leader between 1983-1985, he ruled the country through decrees.

Nigeria is now under a democratic disposition with institutions that are hinged on the rule of law and d separation of powers.

Obasanjo did similar things while he was military head of state but Nigerians voted for him to be their civil president on 2 occasions

this thread is dead on arrival.
We made mistake of electing Obasanjo.
Buhari no no no.

2 Likes

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 23, 2015
while I will always agree that Buhari is not a saint and is equally 'bad' just like every other Nigerian politician...I still think GEJ is the worst leader Nigeria ever had. its sad that APC didn't field someone more credible and popular with the people as their presidential candidate, or that the other parties do not have enough voice to win the people. This is really sad..

So left with the two bad option, GEJ and GMB I'll vote GMB. Let's see wat he can offer.... GEJ has used six years but its not impressive in the least bit. I'm not sure I can endure additional four years from him.. damn

I hope GMB doesn't fall our hand ooooo
Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by Gondonu: 4:55pm On Jan 23, 2015
cry
okestev:
Do you believe the devil will ever repent even if given another privilege.This man treated the Oputa panel with uttermost disdain-that could have been an opportunity for him to repent.Unfortunate fellows especially our beloved corpers(sobs)lost their lives due to the silly statement made by Buhari.Till date,he has neither apologized nor shown remorse.Now to add salt to our national injury,he's longing to rule over this country with a falsified certificate.The devil now must be really envious of Buhari I believe.

1 Like

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by micolaj: 4:55pm On Jan 23, 2015
anonimi:

Okey Ndibe is a corruption backed journalist abi?

Anyway we know that the Baba of Corruption is the pensioner who collects N23 million for us while minimum wage for active workers is N18,000 yet the same elder statesman does not attend Council of State meetings to discuss security.

Please where is the integrity in such a daft old soldier
you call him a daft old soldier? This says much about your background.
Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by Locapito(m): 4:57pm On Jan 23, 2015
Kenai:

This explains why the group has come out today to campaign against Buhari. But APC fanatics called them "hungry students" paid by GEJ.
they re hungry students paid by mr gej. Late mko abiola, the national concord publisher, was the one behind the coup that brought in ibb, his friend through the assitance from saudi arabia. So what else u expect to read from his newspaper? Praising Buhari abi? And where's concord press today? This coming election is beyond gej vs buhari, its about millions of nigerian vs gej, corruption, insecurity, looting, unemployment. Let me level up with, no matter what u guys talks, writes or posts to tarnish Buhari's image, people re ready to vote for him. So that the corrupt and incompetent leaders will KNOW & FEAR the peoples ability to ELECT and DESELECT.
Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by rozayx5(m): 4:57pm On Jan 23, 2015
micolaj:

well if you can stabilize the global oil market and control the economy with the army then daft is an understatement

1 Like

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by micolaj: 4:58pm On Jan 23, 2015
Gondonu:
cryDo you believe the devil will ever repent even if given another privilege.This man treated the Oputa panel with uttermost disdain-that could have been an opportunity for him to repent.Unfortunate fellows especially our beloved corpers(sobs)lost their lives due to the silly statement made by Buhari.Till date,he has neither apologized nor shown remorse.Now to add salt to our national injury,he's longing to rule over this country with a falsified certificate.The devil now must be really envious of Buhari I believe.
since you cannot forgive and forget, go to the poll on February 14 and vote your CANDIDATE (SAINT).
Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by Orikinla(m): 4:58pm On Jan 23, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Can a leopard change it's spots??

[size=18pt]You are just increasing the popularity of General Muhammad Buhari (retd) by showing the masses your bitterness against him.
And there is no happiness in a heart filled with bitterness. Nobody wants to be with a bitter person.

Igbo business men and women prospered more in northern Nigeria under Buhari as Governor of the Northeastern State (In office August 1975 – March 1976) and 7th Head of State of Nigeria (In office 31 December 1983 – 27 August 1985) and he crushed and put an end to the Maitatsine Islamic insurgents in Yola and Gombe and their leader fled to Cameroon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maitatsine

Since 1985, GMB has moved on to greater heights with a beautiful and wonderful family, while you and other PDP idi-ots are still wrestling with ghosts from the past. And people like you end up as non-achievers. [/size]

1 Like

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by Chigold101(m): 4:59pm On Jan 23, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Interesting article....especially as it shows how many Nigerians hoped that IBB was a different type of leader. Unfortunately....IBB turned out to be the opposite of what Nigeria wanted.(SAP, Austerity, Devaluation, Deficits, etc...and the Gulf OIL windfall that flew away....)

Buhari may have been a dictator...but he never told Nigerians that he would hand over to a democratically elected government....and then fail to keep his promise.
he never made any promise at all and he hates democracy. He is not a democrat neither is he a pregresive. He is a soldier to the bone marrows and he can never change... Look at how his hadden nature messed up the certificate issue...

1 Like

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by anonimi: 4:59pm On Jan 23, 2015
Azo:
Yu have said it all. If they like they can hate Buhari. For all I care they are only minorities in this stance. Buhari will always be the truthful and sincere person he has always been

Truthful & sincere are not words to be associated with the filthy LIAR that is being packaged to us, ok!

- Was he truthful about his ABANDONING secondary school to join the army?
- Was he truthful about raising N5 billion from yam FARMERS who donated 5,000,000 yams sold at N1,000 each on Sunday 04 January to fund his campaign including private jet flights and dash money for the area boys and almajiris who show up at his rallies?
- Was he truthful about planning the coup against Shagari from his base in Jos?
- Was he truthful about borrowing N27 million to buy his presidential application form?

Abeg pull over with your very fake misitah integrity.
Buhari's integrity credentials are so worthless they cannot be used to even wipe the arsse shocked

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by idumuose(m): 4:59pm On Jan 23, 2015
customized13:
Many irrational acts of buhari are coming up by day, we Nigerians nearly believed he was a man of integrity as purported.

I think its right time to put this desperate thoughtless stubborn man in his place.
Buhari is finished.

Even in Gombe,an order was given that all APC posters be removed before the arrival of Jonathan yesterday.APC posters were either removed or torn before Jonathan arrived.

Ask around if you doubt this story.Dankwambo isn't as clueless as Yuguda of bauchi state.

Buhari

Is

Finished.

2 Likes

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by jdilight(m): 4:59pm On Jan 23, 2015
Kenai:
I found this picture from a 1985 newspaper cover story talking about Buhari's regime and his eventual defeat at the hands of Babangida.
Please read. It's quite an interesting piece. Very revealing, too.

The newspaper in question is Concord Weekly (September 12th, 1985), and the story was written by the respected journalist, Prof. Okey Ndibe.

The truth of the harm ex-president Buhari unleashed on this country in the space of 2 year has not be allowed to happen again.

1 Like

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by damogul: 5:01pm On Jan 23, 2015
anonimi:

Okey Ndibe is a corruption backed journalist abi?

Anyway we know that the Baba of Corruption is the pensioner who collects N23 million for us while minimum wage for active workers is N18,000 yet the same elder statesman does not attend Council of State meetings to discuss security.

Please where is the integrity in such a daft old soldier

Dude Buhari was offered 23m as a former head of state as his monthly pay as pension but he declined it and rather requested for 10% of that monthly which is 2.3m so stop spreading lies
Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by anonimi: 5:02pm On Jan 23, 2015
micolaj:

Why don't you say why you think he is not a daft old soldier so I can respond to you point-by-point to show that he is not only daft but also very dumb.
I dare you to raise specific issues of how he is not a daft old soldier.

BTW are you saying he is not old or that he was not a soldier grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by SeverusSnape(m): 5:03pm On Jan 23, 2015
Orikinla:

[size=18pt]You are just increasing the popularity of General Muhammad Buhari (retd) by showing the masses your bitterness against him.
And there is no happiness in a heart filled with bitterness. Nobody wants to be with a bitter person.

Igbo business men and women prospered more in northern Nigeria under Buhari as Governor of the Northeastern State (In office August 1975 – March 1976) and 7th Head of State of Nigeria (In office 31 December 1983 – 27 August 1985) and he crushed and put an end to the Maitatsine Islamic insurgents in Yola and Gombe and their leader fled to Cameroon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maitatsine

Since 1985, GMB has moved on to greater heights with a beautiful and wonderful family, while you and other PDP idi-ots are still wrestling with ghosts from the past. And people like you end up as non-achievers. [/size]
First of all, Must you insult to make your point...why are you guys too insultive

what those quotes said are the naked truth. The truth is bitter, You're the one that sounds bitter.

1 Like

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by Orikinla(m): 5:03pm On Jan 23, 2015
Chigold101:
he never made any promise at all and he hates democracy. He is not a democrat neither is he a pregresive. He is a soldier to the bone marrows and he can never change... Look at how his hadden nature messed up the certificate issue...

Which certificate issue did GMB mess up?
You must be another re-tarded PDP idi-ot. grin

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 23, 2015
customized13:
that's why we are not God and besides God forgivesforgives when one begs for forgiveness. Buhari's case is the otherwise.

Is it when he is voted in that you will believe he had been forgiven long ago.
Forgiveness is bot stupidity if that is your thought.
Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by 1009ja: 5:04pm On Jan 23, 2015
In a presidential campaign in which in which accusations of corruption against thGEJ and his government has assumed the constancy of the Northern star, he chooses to appoint Femi Fani-Kayode, a man facing trial for the theft of billions of Naira of public funds as his Media and Publicity person. How daft does anyone have to be to know that appointing Fani-Kayode to that position just shows how myopic and disrespectful to voters GEJ and his campaign advisers have become. This man does not really believe that stealing is corruption but Nigerians do. And GEJ will find out harshly and shamefully on February 14, 2015. On a day set aside for the demonstration and reaffirmation of human love, the frustrated, cheated, defiled, disrespected and angry voters of this potentially great country will hopefully demonstrate their love for this country by voting President Goodluck Jonathan out of Aso Rock. And the process of reinvigorating this country economically, politically, culturally and socially can then commence in earnest under the able and exemplary leadership of General Mohamadu Buhari. - ILESANMI OMABOMI
Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by ohzee(f): 5:04pm On Jan 23, 2015
I was in secondary school during Buhari era and I can tell you that life was really tough then. Most of all people lived in fear. basic things like milk, bread and rice were termed essential commodities and were hoarded by corrupt govt officials and the military. Nigerians lived like slaves and beggars in their own land. that was the beginning of the brain drain that saw a lot of lecturers and doctors leave this country.
young people now will never understand. I know you all
want change but be careful what you wish for.
GEJ to me remains the only president with a clear agenda he is pursuing though slowly but surely. Nigerians as usual are in a hurry for a quick fix.
Well, let's wait and see. For me, I can never vote any former military dictator.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 23, 2015
Kenai:
A few excerpts...

"It [Buhari's government] refused to recognise the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) and instead of discussing this with its leaders, hurled them into detention."
- Concord Weekly (12-09-1985).
Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by damogul: 5:05pm On Jan 23, 2015
anonimi:

Why don't you say why you think he is not a daft old soldier so I can respond to you point-by-point to show that he is not only daft but also very dumb.
I dare you to raise specific issues of how he is not a daft old soldier.

BTW are you saying he is not old or that he was not a soldier grin

If you say Buhari is daft then you are a wickedly backward lecher and a primitive thick-headed amalgamation of loathsome repulsiveness
Re: 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled by anonimi: 5:05pm On Jan 23, 2015
damogul:
Dude Buhari was offered 23m as a former head of state as his monthly pay as pension but he declined it and rather requested for 10% of that monthly which is 2.3m so stop spreading lies

You are the gullibel one spreading lies.
Show us where our Finance ministry confirmed he only receives N2.3m, which is already too much compared to minimum wage of N18,000 for active workers, don't you think

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Buhari Locks In Northwest, Southwest, Northeast, Niger, Kwara - Leadership / Rats Damage President Buhari's Office - Garba Shehu / Update On Abia State Governorship Results 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.