Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,735 members, 7,813,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) (8113 Views)

Some Nigerian Courses And Their Type Of Student / Be Cautious Of Student Pastors! (life Story) / Students Banned From Wearing Earphones In UNIBEN Following Death Of Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Feraz(m): 12:52pm On Jan 24, 2015
LMAO!!! Student pastors, no play with them oh. I do not know the specie of kool aid they give to their congregations but you best believe it is very potent.
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Sambar(m): 12:52pm On Jan 24, 2015
1 of the reasons i didnt attend student church during my school days

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by ELTON123(m): 1:17pm On Jan 24, 2015
lipsrsealed
nairabetguru:
In a country where "stealing is not corruption"
Am not surprised
#FeBUHARI14
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by lalasticlala(m): 1:24pm On Jan 24, 2015
OP come & complete this your interesting story ooooooo
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Adwexky(m): 2:06pm On Jan 24, 2015
Judge not, so you won't be judged!
XavierG:
^^^ grin grin
Pastoral science

They're in every school, have met one that practices how to speak in tongues.

They don't graduate, forever a student.
Or if they do graduate, they set up churches.

You wouldn't blame them, cause of their role models

Oyedepo, Okorie, Oyakhilome undecided
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 24, 2015
Adwexky:
Judge not, so you won't be judged!

Am not judging.

Am saying things the way they are

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 24, 2015
why not tell us that you are writing a Novel, and shift this to Literature Section.
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 24, 2015
kaycexx:
I am sorry to say this

If am a member of a church the pastor is richer than me, I don't dare to offer him any dime. I rather offer or give my money to beggers.
Whatsoever you do to the least of my brother (s)that you do unto Jesus.
SMH, tithe is a Command, anyone that misuses it will be judged.
so it is not ur concern on how it will be spent cox pastors are also meant to pay tithes.
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Etfash(m): 3:27pm On Jan 24, 2015
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by ednut1(m): 3:29pm On Jan 24, 2015
shameless scammers. also experienced it in skul. shout to get A. rubbish. i knw a lady dat spent 2 extra year in skul cos despite being a pastor. her silly excuse was dat she devoted her time to Jesus. bt u keep shout sow seed for A. nd u dy gt F

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by naijaboiy: 4:43pm On Jan 24, 2015
That is how they deceive young students in school o.

They extort the poor students till they go broke. How can a student who is struggling with pocket money be paying tithe and sowing seeds undecided

Mightyify please come and complete your story
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by lalasticlala(m): 4:46pm On Jan 24, 2015
naijaboiy:
That is how they deceive young students in school o.

They extort the poor students till they go broke. How can a student who is struggling with pocket money be paying tithe and sowing seeds undecided

Mightyify please come and complete your story

Some even use their tuition fee to sow seed ooo
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Oluwajuwonlo1(m): 4:48pm On Jan 24, 2015
akinsadeez:
This post is somehow true but it is not right to generalize that all student pastors are crooks or money grubbers. The university is a microcosm of the larger society. just as there are fake pastors and real men of God in the society, so also do we have fake pastors as well as real pastors in the university.

There is nothing wrong with giving offering and even sowing seed as long as you are led by the spirit to do so and not by the compulsion of the pastor. If you have a conviction in your heart to sow a seed you don't need to wait for the pastor to call and if you are not led to do so, the pastor's call shouldn't make you do otherwise. Even the Bible says ''wisdom is profitable to direct':
OP only said BEWARE OF STUDENT PASTORS. He didn't generalize
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Boll2010: 4:55pm On Jan 24, 2015
I once asked one of those student pastors when in school this question cuz they were my house mate,so I'm a pain to their beliefs, the question goes thus;

Are you from yorubaland? He said yes,do you believe in oduduwa as one of your ancestor?he said yes,I said do you belief the white men brought religion to yourbaland?he said yes,I said do you know oduduwa never heard about jesus?he kept mute,I said you know the white men brought Christianity after the death of oduduwa?he said yes,I asked him the bible said if you go to reach heaven,you must come through jesus,he said yes,I kno asked......WILL ODUDUWA GO STRAIGHT TO HELL CUZ HE NEVER HEARD ABOUT JESUS?he said yes,cuz there is a laid down rule in the bible the Christians must follow,I now said you denounced your ancestors cuz they didn't hear about jesus,I asked him if oduduwa had a good heart then will he still go to hell?he said yes,cuz he doesn't follow the biblical rules

I just laughed and said,so many gullible jot down this guy traps in a book to meditate on.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by akinsadeez(m): 4:59pm On Jan 24, 2015
Oluwajuwonlo1:

OP only said BEWARE OF STUDENT PASTORS. He didn't generalize

Bro...pls read what you wrote again nah. Beware of students pastors is a generalization just like saying beware of Ibos or Yorubas. It is different for you to say ''beware of fake or money hungry student pastors' or 'beware of shady Ibo men'

Not all student pastors have the trait the OP has explained so why should we beware of ALL student pastors undecided
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Boll2010: 4:59pm On Jan 24, 2015
I remember this encounter also.
There is this my friend who failed while in 200lvl I guess when we were in school,so when I saw his result,he changed joined christ embassy,begin sing for choir,I be dey look say this chronic womanizer wey dey even ask me make I give am my camera phone take record one gal wey dey com hin side come fuffck after long shakara,come dey form church boy,I no talk,I knew it was his result that made him more closer to God. Before I know it,he has been rolling with this student pastor,that d pastor spend most times in my guy room,cook food and all that.
So one they I decided to branch his house,so I got their not expecting to find the pastor guy there.naso d student pastor say make I first off my chain,I respect am,I off the thin,he said we should pray,we started,naso he pause,come say do I speak in tongue at all? I said not at all,and viola! He said he will give me spirit to speak in tongue,naso we start,na my english I take dey pray ooo! He stopped again saying,I haven't received it,we resumed prayer,naso my friend don dey speak in tongue! My jaw dropped say everything just within the semester,well when I saw this man aint ready to leave me if I don't speak in tongue,omo naso mesef start this rubbish and jargons,naso the student pastor say,yeeesss! You receiving it,for my mind I be like see this aboki,naso my guy just dey speak dey go,at a point in time,I found myself repeating the same gibberish,at the end of the session,I left and vow to avoid student pastors oooo! Omo that my friend is back to the street life!

You can't coerce yourself,its inborn

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by naijaboiy: 5:00pm On Jan 24, 2015
lalasticlala:

Some even use their tuition fee to sow seed ooo
Can you imagine?!

And then they expect money to fall from the skies.

SMH!
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by justi4jesu(f): 5:18pm On Jan 24, 2015
Mologi:
10 years.....

what is he studying like dat...

Lol I wonder even if it's extra year sef.
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by LaRoyalHighness(f): 5:22pm On Jan 24, 2015
Lol... Reminds me of uniport days.... Handsome young men forming pastor looking for who to scam. Well, in my own case I never had money so bad market. I really hope that people wake up.
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by onuwaje(m): 5:37pm On Jan 24, 2015
Boll2010:
I remember this encounter also.
There is this my friend who failed while in 200lvl I guess when we were in school,so when I saw his result,he changed joined christ embassy,begin sing for choir,I be dey look say this chronic womanizer wey dey even ask me make I give am my camera phone take record one gal wey dey com hin side come fuffck after long shakara,come dey form church boy,I no talk,I knew it was his result that made him more closer to God. Before I know it,he has been rolling with this student pastor,that d pastor spend most times in my guy room,cook food and all that.
So one they I decided to branch his house,so I got their not expecting to find the pastor guy there.naso d student pastor say make I first off my chain,I respect am,I off the thin,he said we should pray,we started,naso he pause,come say do I speak in tongue at all? I said not at all,and viola! He said he will give me spirit to speak in tongue,naso we start,na my english I take dey pray ooo! He stopped again saying,I haven't received it,we resumed prayer,naso my friend don dey speak in tongue! My jaw dropped say everything just within the semester,well when I saw this man aint ready to leave me if I don't speak in tongue,omo naso mesef start this rubbish and jargons,naso the student pastor say,yeeesss! You receiving it,for my mind I be like see this aboki,naso my guy just dey speak dey go,at a point in time,I found myself repeating the same gibberish,at the end of the session,I left and vow to avoid student pastors oooo! Omo that my friend is back to the street life!

You can't coerce yourself,its inborn
I av had similar encounter in my 1st year... the nigger from christ embassy uniport wanted to entice me with free food and den wan force me speak in wetyn I nr knw... he was like 'take the word' 'I give u d word' and bla bla bla... well it was a mission failed for him
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Boll2010: 5:45pm On Jan 24, 2015
onuwaje:

I av had similar encounter in my 1st year... the nigger from christ embassy uniport wanted to entice me with free food and den wan force me speak in wetyn I nr knw... he was like 'take the word' 'I give u d word' and bla bla bla... well it was a mission failed for him
its was a crappy display to me that day! I mean since then if I see pastors I dey wan commot belt chase dem,I don go rccg before wey pastor say make we contribute money take build toilet as "daddy GO"(tell me his name not this) instruct,naso the pastor say if you no fit pay am raise hand,naso I raise hand ooo,the pastor said I'm I a new member?I said no,why am I not paying it,I said cuz I don't want to! Na for congregation oooo! Everybody just dey look me! I no care for my mind last time I checked forbes list adeboye still dey 100m$ and above,make them comot money frrom am take build,I rch house load airtime! No time!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by onuwaje(m): 5:50pm On Jan 24, 2015
Boll2010:
its was a crappy display to me that day! I mean since then if I see pastors I dey wan commot belt chase dem,I don go rccg before wey pastor say make we contribute money take build toilet as "daddy GO"(tell me his name not this) instruct,naso the pastor say if you no fit pay am raise hand,naso I raise hand ooo,the pastor said I'm I a new member?I said no,why am I not paying it,I said cuz I don't want to! Na for congregation oooo! Everybody just dey look me! I no care for my mind last time I checked forbes list adeboye still dey 100m$ and above,make them comot money frrom am take build,I rch house load airtime! No time!
grin
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by fweshprinx: 5:57pm On Jan 24, 2015
Princebrightinusa..com kindly visit for informations
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by kevoh(m): 8:01pm On Jan 24, 2015
tongue tongue

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by okirewaju(f): 8:04pm On Jan 24, 2015
cheesy cheesy
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Mightyify(m): 8:14pm On Jan 24, 2015
Samchelsea:
I hope you studied investigative journalism in school if not be careful cos some of them can go at any length to cover up their deeds

Are you kidding me?
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by dicksonxtreme(m): 8:20pm On Jan 24, 2015
This is why in My School our VC tried to stop all this Campus fellowship because Students don't even study. For example My roommate anything that happens he will say I will tell my pastor he will find a solution.. I be like seriously!!! It's funny how even younger youths organise Cell meetings in school premises.....!! What is happening to our generations?

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Samchelsea(m): 8:26pm On Jan 24, 2015
Mightyify:

Are you kidding me?
I know what am saying
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Setaje(f): 8:27pm On Jan 24, 2015
Can't forget my experience wiv belewu....BLW christ embassy Unilag. Tsheeeeeeeew.
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by BreezyRita(f): 9:40pm On Jan 24, 2015

Don't confuse yourself please. There are good and there are bad. Now, how come these students are so gullible? Because mist times, they rely solely on God to pass. But until you work, nothing works! They become lazy, forgetting the reason they're in school and when they realise their mistakes, they start looking for miracles.!
A Christian who's under the direction of the Holy Spirit and with the word of God dwelling richly in him will be able to know better. Heb 4:12....

To the issue of students paying tithes. Everyone should pay tithes. You tithe all your increases.... And what is done with the tithes is none of your business! You've paid, you've paid.
About offerings..... Of course, you can't be forced to give. Like the poster who said he told the pastor he just didn't want to give, no one flogged him, right?? Its better that way than giving just cause others are looking. There's no reward..... And, money given to a prophet too is and will never be a waste!

Now, I'm not saying its right for the fake pastors to extort money from students. No! All I'm saying is most of the deceived students are the cause of their problems. You're studying hard and have good grades, tell me, would you be deceived into "sowing seeds" for an "A"? No way! Because you already have it..................

Wisdom is profitable to direct always.

Some young pastors are actually real pastors. So, please, never generalize!

And to the guy that mentioned some pastors: Are you judging?
No! Are we all judging? Should we??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Francman(m): 10:11pm On Jan 24, 2015
kaycexx:
I am sorry to say this

If am a member of a church the pastor is richer than me, I don't dare to offer him any dime. I rather offer or give my money to beggers.
Whatsoever you do to the least of my brother (s)that you do unto Jesus.
If what u do to d least of men is that significant, imagine d significance of what u do to the biggest men (of God)!
...just joking.
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Francman(m): 10:20pm On Jan 24, 2015
Bossforeva:
SMH, tithe is a Command, anyone that misuses it will be judged.
so it is not ur concern on how it will be spent cox pastors are also meant to pay tithes.
Are Christians Isrealites?
Are pastors Levites?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Know That Edet No Longer Lives In Calabar?do You Remember This(photo) / University Of Ibadan 2018/2019 Postgraduate Application Info. / Complete Project Work | Download Now | Free Project Topics And Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.