Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) (8114 Views)

Some Nigerian Courses And Their Type Of Student / Be Cautious Of Student Pastors! (life Story) / Students Banned From Wearing Earphones In UNIBEN Following Death Of Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Pr0ton: 10:25pm On Jan 24, 2015
Francman:

Are Christians Isrealites?
Are pastors Levites?

E tire me sef grin as if there was anyone who paid tithe in the NT. As if such was made obligatory in the NT. Some Christians sha.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Francman(m): 10:28pm On Jan 24, 2015
Boll2010:
its was a crappy display to me that day! I mean since then if I see pastors I dey wan commot belt chase dem,I don go rccg before wey pastor say make we contribute money take build toilet as "daddy GO"(tell me his name not this) instruct,naso the pastor say if you no fit pay am raise hand,naso I raise hand ooo,the pastor said I'm I a new member?I said no,why am I not paying it,I said cuz I don't want to! Na for congregation oooo! Everybody just dey look me! I no care for my mind last time I checked forbes list adeboye still dey 100m$ and above,make them comot money frrom am take build,I rch house load airtime! No time!
Seven gbosa for u!
I dey like do that kind tin. My housemate asked me to come their church one day, me I tel am say 'I'll rather go to a mosque than go to ur church!'

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Francman(m): 10:35pm On Jan 24, 2015
Pr0ton:

E tire me sef grin as if there was anyone who paid tithe in the NT. As if such was made obligatory in the NT. Some Christians sha.
The one n only 'real priest' who came to fulfil d law neva mentioned tithe. I'll neva part wit money in the name of tithe, I can only give offering, donation or alms!
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by stanza(m): 10:40pm On Jan 24, 2015
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by 100Cents: 10:53pm On Jan 24, 2015
marvelling:
The post made by the op reminds me of something I experienced while I was in school. A guy claiming to be a pastor/evangelist walked into predegree hall and began to preach. By the time this guy finished the sermon, he ask those in the hall that were serious to sow a seed of N1000 so that God can secure admission for them. You won't believe that nothing less than 100 students came out on the spot to sow the "seed" there. Some that didn't have promised to give next time they saw him. The guy walk out of that hall with nothing less than 100k in his pockets. He came a couple more times to milk the cash cow before the school authorities banned preaching in pedegree hall.

Haha.

The one in my school and set later contested and won SUG president and bought a clean V boot when V boot was still a big car ( 2003)..

Smart boys, I see them from afar now. Clowns..
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by chidekings(m): 10:55pm On Jan 24, 2015
Boll2010:
its was a crappy display to me that day! I mean since then if I see pastors I dey wan commot belt chase dem,I don go rccg before wey pastor say make we contribute money take build toilet as "daddy GO"(tell me his name not this) instruct,naso the pastor say if you no fit pay am raise hand,naso I raise hand ooo,the pastor said I'm I a new member?I said no,why am I not paying it,I said cuz I don't want to! Na for congregation oooo! Everybody just dey look me! I no care for my mind last time I checked forbes list adeboye still dey 100m$ and above,make them comot money frrom am take build,I rch house load airtime! No time!

guy u wan kill me
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 24, 2015
Francman:

Are Christians Isrealites?
Are pastors Levites?
it's amazes me when the Gentile church yoke themselves with tithes. Galatians 3:10 made it clear that if you obey one you must obey all or else you are cursed! why should a sane man pay for curses? Jesus has narrowed it down for us: love, your God and ur neighbor. why do we have to bother with a law that requires us to obey some other 600 + stupid laws. funny thing is they still pay the tithe to Gentile pastors.
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by 100Cents: 11:05pm On Jan 24, 2015
Boll2010:

OMG, lol
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Francman(m): 11:20pm On Jan 24, 2015
Preciousjoz:
it's amazes me when the Gentile church yoke themselves with tithes. Galatians 3:10 made it clear that if you obey one you must obey all or else you are cursed! why should a sane man pay for curses? Jesus has narrowed it down for us: love, your God and ur neighbor. why do we have to bother with a law that requires us to obey some other 600 + stupid laws. funny thing is they still pay the tithe to Gentile pastors.
Sowing seed in d pastor's pocket (and nt harvesting from it). Harvesting from somewhere else and paying into d same pastor's pocket. Are u alright?!
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 24, 2015
Francman:

Sowing seed in d pastor's pocket (and nt harvesting from it). Harvesting from somewhere else and paying into d same pastor's pocket. Are u alright?!
God loves a cheerful giver but a tithe is a no no...u really didnt grab what I wrote , did you?

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Francman(m): 11:40pm On Jan 24, 2015
Preciousjoz:
God loves a cheerful giver but a tithe is a no no...u really didnt grab what I wrote , did you?
I did... and also pointed out the brother of tithe: seed-sowing.
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Karleb(m): 6:53am On Jan 25, 2015
I don't know you guys stance on tithe o but tithing is for people with regular income and not for students!

That apart, I've never believed in student pastors and I'll never believe in them if there is no real church around then I'm not going to church be that because the last time I checked, I stay alone.

But the rate at which pastors extort poor people in the name of blessings in Nigeria is just too much, there was a time people were asked to pay a whole month salary in my church shocked sad and I just thought to myself, how do you expect these people to fend for themselves when on an average month where they collect salary they still find things difficult.?

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by cornelin(m): 7:16am On Jan 25, 2015
What happens to those that claimed they give out their last Money as tithe and were perpetually left with nothing only for one random uncle to deposit a huge sum of money to their account.
Next time, the gullible ones will be compelled to do the same and sorry, they're not always lucky.
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by zieraw2005(m): 8:42am On Jan 25, 2015
we are waiting... so true....
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by FredHandsome(m): 8:48am On Jan 25, 2015
Setaje:
Can't forget my experience wiv belewu....BLW christ embassy Unilag. Tsheeeeeeeew.
Spill it out jawe... That's y we are here
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 25, 2015
More reason I stopped giving excess money to my fiancée, imagine they were told to contribute 10k each for school church toilet,she paid half begging me for the other 5k.

I was like "you well?"

A student paying 10k for one stupid man all in the name of being a pastor..

I shouted at her.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Pr0ton: 10:48am On Jan 25, 2015
Francman:

The one n only 'real priest' who came to fulfil d law neva mentioned tithe. I'll neva part wit money in the name of tithe, I can only give offering, donation or alms!

Me... I'm giving nothing at all grin
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by borntosave: 1:24pm On Jan 25, 2015
Hmm
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by stanza(m): 1:39pm On Jan 25, 2015
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Infomizer(m): 4:45pm On Jan 25, 2015
Mightyify:

He failed Mbbs exam...and began another course from year one.
Ima-fücking-gine!
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by lalasticlala(m): 5:27pm On Jan 25, 2015
Mightyify:
Please moderator kindly move this to front page. Jambites and our undergraduates should be informed less they fall for this deception. Parents need to be informed too. They need to know where some of the money they sent to their children in school goes to... At the pocket of their fellow student.

Those calling for the part 2...don't worry it is down already, let the moderator do the needful first.

Waiting for u to complete the story first...
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by kaycexx(m): 8:49am On Jan 26, 2015
Francman:

If what u do to d least of men is that significant, imagine d significance of what u do to the biggest men (of God)!
...just joking.
I understand. So what about
Feeding of 5000 men he didn't raised funds for that.
I haven't come across a passage in the Bible. Where Jesus asked the congregation to pay a dime, instead he said my fathers house (the church) is nt a place for buy and selling, but He said offer a priest a cup of water and not your money, I mean hard earned money to pass without reading. #MySay

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Mightyify(m): 5:48pm On Jan 27, 2015
I am really busy in school now, with a lot of assignments hanging on my neck. The completion of this story may not come now, please bear with me. Anyways, the message is clear and it has been passed. Shineeee your eye. Moderator if you like move to front page, if you like do not move... I don't doro care.
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Laird(m): 8:34am On Jan 28, 2015
I WAS ONCE A VICTIM...

LOST 4 YEARS....

HAD TO START UNIVERSITY SCHOOL FROM SCRATCH...I AM DONE

NOW I AM IN DEEPER LIFE......ONLY TITHES AND OFFERINGS TO BE DROPPED ONCE IN THE OFFERING BAG......

NOBODY EVEN ASKS TO RAISE MONEY

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Know That Edet No Longer Lives In Calabar?do You Remember This(photo) / University Of Ibadan 2018/2019 Postgraduate Application Info. / Complete Project Work | Download Now | Free Project Topics And Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.