Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Is It A Crime To Regift? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is It A Crime To Regift? (2681 Views)

Having A CLITORIS: A Sin Or A Crime? / Is It A Crime For A Girl Not To Know How To Cook Before She Goes To The Universi / Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Crime To Regift? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 23, 2008
I'm sorry if I posted this on the wrong section, am not sure what section is the appropriate one for it. Well, hope the modey can moved it to the right one. . .

Why is regifting seen as a taboo?
I don't think there's anything wrong with it if the gift still looks new and unopened.

What do you think? cool tongue

P.S:
Regift:to give an unwanted gift to someone else; to give as a gift something one previously received as a gift
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by yicob(m): 11:16pm On Dec 23, 2008
There is nuffin bad in regifting as far as the original giver is oblivious of ur deed. PS. Dont make the mistake of presenting it back to the person that gave U!
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by HRhotness(f): 11:17pm On Dec 23, 2008
if u consider the fact that a gift was picked out especially for u and the thot behind it. . . giving it away signifies that u didnt appreciate d effort. . .  thats why regifting is seen as such a taboo.

but when u also consider that not much thot is put into gift buying these days anyways, u cld justify regfting. . . i do it, as long as no one can tell and i am sure the gift giver wld not notice that i dont hav it anymore.

i wldnt advise it if it was, say a lamp given by ur mum. . . she obviously wld notice if it wasnt in ur house and worse still, if she recognises it in someone elses.

alot of thot needs to go into regifting, many feelings cld be hurt if it isnt done properly
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by DaPhoenix(f): 11:24pm On Dec 23, 2008
^ I agree.
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by Cayon(f): 11:28pm On Dec 23, 2008
@poster

there is nothing wrong in regift.  In fact i am doing it this year.  Musa is the only person who is not getting a regift.  hahahahahah lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

HR.hotness:

if u consider the fact that a gift was picked out especially for u and the thot behind it. . . giving it away signifies that u didnt appreciate d effort. . .  thats why regifting is seen as such a taboo.
 I disagree with you on this

And what if you don't have any use for the gift ?.  For example, my mom gave me two jordache jeans.  I really appreciate her giving them to me.  But do i really need them? No.  So i am  giving them to my Phillipino friend sister.

I think if you give unwanted gifts to folks who are needed - there is nothing wrong with it.  I appreciate the effort but if someone in need of it more than me then I am giving it away.

Sometimes folks have gifts sitting in their homes for years not using them and eventually they throw them away. So why not make someone happy undecided.

Peace
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by AdamBrody1(m): 11:31pm On Dec 23, 2008
Stingy girls!

Instead of you to say you dont have money to buy a new gift for the person, you opt to repackage it and give someonelse!

Psssf!

I hope all your valentine gifts and birthday presents were all re gifts because the true owners realised how worthless they were and could only be fit for a worthless recipient like you!
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by DaPhoenix(f): 11:34pm On Dec 23, 2008
Adam Brody:

Stingy girls!

Instead of you to say you don't have money to buy a new gift for the person, you opt to repackage it and give someonelse!

Psssf!

I hope all your valentine gifts and birthday presents were all re gifts because the true owners realised how worthless they were and could only be fit for a worthless recipient like you!

[img]http://brandysource.net/board/Smileys/default/4[/img] Brokenhearted men are soo fun to watch.
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by busybein: 11:35pm On Dec 23, 2008
DaPhoenix:

[img]http://brandysource.net/board/Smileys/default/4[/img] Brokenhearted men are soo fun to watch.

hahahhhhahahhahahahahhhaahhaahahhahahahahahahhaahahhhahhahahhaahahhaahha gawdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by bluespice(f): 11:39pm On Dec 23, 2008
phoenix!
u got that right! grin grin
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by DaPhoenix(f): 11:43pm On Dec 23, 2008
busybein:

hahahhhhahahhahahahahhhaahhaahahhahahahahahahhaahahhhahhahahhaahahhaahha gawdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
bluespice:

phoenix!
u got that right! grin grin

Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by SisiJinx: 12:10am On Dec 24, 2008
Regifting? A crime? Only if you get caught.

Last year, I got a chocolate Fountain. A chocolate fountain! What in hades am I gonna do with a freaking Chocolate fountain with my bush self. . . Kunu or Fura?

Well that thing is wrapped with the prettiest wrapping sheet and a nice little bow, Just waiting for one lucky person.
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by DaPhoenix(f): 12:17am On Dec 24, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

Last year, I got a chocolate Fountain. A chocolate fountain! What in hades am I going to do with a freaking Chocolate fountain with my bush self. . . Kunu or Fura?

Well that thing is wrapped with the prettiest wrapping sheet and a nice little bow, Just waiting for one lucky person.

grin How big is it? It might come in handy, you know, for some of my fantasies. grin
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 24, 2008
Adam Brody:

Stingy girls!

Instead of you to say you don't have money to buy a new gift for the person, you opt to repackage it and give someonelse!

Psssf!

You're such an ingrate!!! Arre you crying because of the chewed up bubble gum I gave you as a gift? shioooorrr, gimme back, I was going to give it to my dog before, but I thought you'd appreciate it more.  angry angry angry

Sisi Jinx:

Last year, I got a chocolate Fountain. A chocolate fountain! What in hades am I going to do with a freaking Chocolate fountain with my bush self. . . Kunu or Fura?

lmao!!! abi o.
Do you know how many eletronics I got that I didnt open?
I'm so regifting!!! cool cool tongue
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by SisiJinx: 12:21am On Dec 24, 2008
Heartbreak eh? Sooooo that's the reason?

Me sef I've been wondering, I is about to call them Rent A Hug people to send a fine Rachel Bilson look alike to our friend here.

The man bitter no be small oooh. tongue
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by sillyboy(m): 12:23am On Dec 24, 2008
Why would you think about "re-gifting". . . .?
It's rude . . . .I think if you dont even want the gift you should keep it and not use it. . . .
instead of giving it out and the "giver"sees it with some1 else. . . .
PErsonally, I'd take it as an insult.

@ Ebony.
How u dey
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by DaPhoenix(f): 12:24am On Dec 24, 2008
sillyboy:

Why would you think about "re-gifting". . . .?
It's rude . . . .I think if you don't even want the gift you should keep it and not use it. . . .
instead of giving it out and the "giver"sees it with someone else. . . .
PErsonally, I'd take it as an insult.

Would you prefer if I give it to a charity?
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by AdamBrody1(m): 12:27am On Dec 24, 2008
@ebony

You're such an ingrate!!! Arre you crying because of the chewed up bubble gum I gave you as a gift? shioooorrr, gimme back, I was going to give it to my dog before, but I thought you'd appreciate it more

lol

That was funny i have to admit, i was laughing after reading it. Nice one, Nice one! Haaaaaaaaaaaaa! tongue

I'll get you back! No be today!

@sisi jinx

Rachel Bison is old school jare and i have left the o/c! I am now in the playas club!
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by bluespice(f): 12:29am On Dec 24, 2008
silly keep? shocked
no thanks i dont hoard
i love me space kiss
moreso why not give it to someone that will appreciate it more cheesy
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by sillyboy(m): 12:31am On Dec 24, 2008
DaPhoenix:

Would you prefer if I give it to a charity?

Must you give out what I give you?. . . .
Couldnt you have bought something if you feel like being "charity"
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by DaPhoenix(f): 12:37am On Dec 24, 2008
sillyboy:

Must you give out what I give you?. . . .

I have lots of it/ I don't like it and I hate clutter, you hate it when I re-gift, what else is left?

sillyboy:

Couldnt you have bought something if you feel like being "charity"

No, I don't buy things I already have or I don't like and I just drop money in the charity boxes.
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by Hauwa1: 12:37am On Dec 24, 2008
eh? ummm i don't like doing it. there is this lady i know who loves regiving food in naija. during christmas time, pple cooking and giving food. my mom don't like us eating her food because chances are it is the other pple food; she just remove the meat, pour her own stew on top and send it out.

might change though. i have 2 boxes of china given to me by my oyinbo friends. it has been with me for sometime now and i dont use it. so i might have to give it out.
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by sillyboy(m): 12:44am On Dec 24, 2008
DaPhoenix:

I have lots of it/ I don't like it and I hate clutter, you hate it when I re-gift, what else is left?

No, I don't buy things I already have or I don't like and I just drop money in the charity boxes.

Hmmm. . . .thanks. . . .you were very explicit. . . . undecided angry
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by bluespice(f): 12:45am On Dec 24, 2008
oya see classic example silly
she has 2 boxes of china that she doesnt use
i bet u say she still keeps em yeah? wink
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by Cayon(f): 12:45am On Dec 24, 2008
*Hauwa*:

might change though. i have 2 boxes of china given to me by my oyinbo friends. it has been with me for sometime now and i don't use it. so i might have to give it out.
Thank you.  And give them to 2 ppl who are not on your xmas list.  After all, you didn't spend any money so you have nothing to lose

God Bless you

Peace
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by Nobody: 12:46am On Dec 24, 2008
I'm sorry if I posted this on the wrong section, am not sure what section is the appropriate one for it. Well, hope the modey can moved it to the right one. . .

Just add boyfriend to the topic and it becomes a romance topic. E.g. Is It A Crime To Regift a gift from a boyfriend?  cheesy tongue Improvise girl!!! grin
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by SisiJinx: 12:50am On Dec 24, 2008
@ DaPhoenix
Fantasies? Whoa! Hol' up! . . . are you telling me you can use chocolate fountain for things other than pouring Herseys? Dan Allah. . . SPILL! Hey, there ain't no shame in my bushness, I admit it proudly.

@ Ebony_Silk
The only useful gift I got last year was Gameboy. Everything else was. . . "Oh wow. Gee, how. . . How lovely. . . You. . . You really shouldn't have. . . Really." :\

@ Adam Brody
Playas club eh? Ah. . . I got you, I got you. wink

For those who don't know. . . In Heartbreak Speak, Playas club means Pity Party Club where guys meet and have a little hugging session . . . Ya know hugging out their pain. cheesy

@ Bluespice
You are a minimalist too! Did I say Kindred spirits? Well that's an understatement. cheesy
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by bluespice(f): 12:51am On Dec 24, 2008
lmao! stillwara grin grin tongue

sisi we need not say more wink
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by DaPhoenix(f): 1:01am On Dec 24, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

@ DaPhoenix
Fantasies? Whoa! Hol' up! . . . are you telling me you can use chocolate fountain for things other than pouring Herseys? Dan Allah. . . SPILL! Hey, there ain't no shame in my bushness, I admit it proudly.

Too explicit but it involves him licking the chocolate off my body . . . any part of it.
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by sillyboy(m): 1:08am On Dec 24, 2008
People shouldnt give out gifts that are given to them, most especially the gifts given to them by their spouse of bf/gf or whatever. . . . .

If y'all know u gonnnna give it out. . . .then reject it instantly whenever its offered. . . .
Must you collect every gift given to u?
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by Tatase(f): 1:16am On Dec 24, 2008
I don't think there's anything wrong with re-gifting. Like bless someone with something you don't need or are never going to use. I mean I don't think you re-gift everything, some things have sentimental value but many things are taste items as in many times you get other things e.g. perfume or fabric or things that are not to your taste and you appreciate them, but you know you're never going to use them. Also sometimes you get something you already have. Or certain WTF (what the eff) items all of which you appreciate but are never in a million years going to use.

Why let them go to waste? Perfect opportunities at birthdays and christmas to regift.
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by bluespice(f): 1:17am On Dec 24, 2008
silly boy
scenario 1:
vals day
after dinner ur girl brings out her gift 4 u
u open it, the silk tie u dreamt about yesternite honest!
u say thanks with sincere gratitude
u bring out her gift
u hope she appreciates it as much as u appreciated hers
she opens it
she says "oh,
u really shouldnt have,
i really dont use Jasmine scented Candles
thanks tho but u can have it back"

silly wat will u do?
Re: Is It A Crime To Regift? by doyin13(m): 1:18am On Dec 24, 2008
DaPhoenix:

Too explicit but it involves him licking the chocolate off my body . . . any part of it.

chocolate ke. . . .

i am allergic to chocolate

they give me rashes down below

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Things The World Owes To Nigeria / Ijaws Have No Land In Edo State / Esan Contributions To Benin Empire.. Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.