Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,522 members, 7,816,279 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. (10642 Views)

What Muhammad Abu-Ali Told His Colleagues Before Boko Haram Killed Him / Shehu Sani: We May Die Before Buhari Completes His Reforms / Nigeria Will Disintegrate Before Buhari's Very Eyes - Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by eagleeye2: 2:50pm On Jan 25, 2015
liberty300:
And your son is supporting the same man that murdered you. I bet you are turning in your grave on hearing this. It's a shame of all the things one can sell, he sells his integrity.
Are you sure the son will not suffer the same fate.
Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by Tomoarika(m): 4:16pm On Jan 25, 2015
The OP twists various facts to suit his purpose:

1. Bamidele was a Major not a General.
2. Bamidele was executed during IBB's regime not GMB's as part of the conspirators of the Vatsa plot.

Sources:
1. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Bamidele
2.www.gamji.com/nowa/nowa7.htm

1 Like

Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by walemoney007(m): 7:24pm On Jan 25, 2015
Maj Gen vatsa

1 Like

Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by bokohalal(m): 7:28pm On Jan 25, 2015
walemoney007:
nonsense and bullsh1t...what's d full name of dis Gen bamidele.only one bamidele was killed durin d 80's and he was not a General but a major,major david bamidele was killed durin d regime of Ibrahim babaginda and he was killed along syd d likes of Maj Gen Bisalla
Ha! Bisalla for Babangida regime?
Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by walemoney007(m): 7:36pm On Jan 25, 2015
bokohalal:

Ha! Bisalla for Babangida regime?
nah mistake jawe,I don modify am
Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by Descartes: 7:54pm On Jan 25, 2015
Please what's the jail term for a certificate forger?Buhari should pullover and show us the damn certificate.
Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by MayorofLagos(m): 8:02pm On Jan 25, 2015
demelza:
If you guys like, go and dig up stories about Buhari when he was just a baby and regale us with tales of how he bit his mother's bréast while suckling.
Na una sabi!

grin grin grin

This is funny!

Buhari is in, Gej is out!

1 Like

Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:04pm On Jan 25, 2015
CHM11:
"I heard of the 1983 coup planning, told my GOC General Buhari
who detained me for two weeks in Lagos. Instead of a pat on the
back, I received a stab. How then do you expect me to report this
one? This trial marks the eclipse of my brilliant and unblemised
career of 19 years. I fought in the civil war with the ability it
pleased God to give me. It is unfortunate that I'm being convicted
for something which I have had to stop on two occasions. This is
not self adulation but a sincere summary of the qualities inherent in
me. It is an irony of fate that the president of the tribunal who in
1964 felt that I was good enough to take training in the UK is now
saddled with the duty of showing me the exit from the force and the
world"

Source: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammadu_Buhari
It is called "Life". That was the Nigerian Army at the time. If positions were reversed he'd have done the same.

Besides, this was done during IBB's regime. OP is a dunce.

2 Likes

Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 25, 2015
OP the illiterate liar.

Bamidele was executed by the IBB regime while Buhari was under house arrest for having knowledge of Vatsa's coup and failing to report it.

1 Like

Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by anonimi: 8:12pm On Jan 25, 2015
Taylor86:
and dis is the evil wolf in sheeps clothing that want to be the president........thunder fire satan

Yes Buhari is really satanic wolf in sheep's clothing.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2048102_ww_jpeg790155216fea2e7ccd13c573508ffcfa

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2048489_w_jpeg19b650413e198986d19f17653231e394
Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by anonimi: 8:17pm On Jan 25, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:
It is called "Life". That was the Nigerian Army at the time. If positions were reversed he'd have done the same.

Besides, this was done during IBB's regime. OP is a dunce.

You are the real dunce for your LIMITED comprehension skills.

Did the General not say Buhari STABBED him for reporting his 1983 coup by detaining him for two weeks

Truly all supporters of the daft & dumb pensioner are afflicted with CCBS shocked
Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by coolscott(m): 8:25pm On Jan 25, 2015
fr3do:
Its surprising that Nigerians still think a change in the leadership of the country automatically means positive change after 6 coups.

Change should start from your ward and local government.
Embrace regionalism and resource control, reduce the power at the centre. maybe change can come, not by electing narrow minded ex dictator as President.
Unfortunately, the APC leadership knows this but stick to selling a fake an non-delivering version of change to the masses (so long as they can get away with it)
Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by PenSniper: 9:21pm On Jan 25, 2015
Kakpos:
PDP NAILANDS IT IS TOO LATE WE HAVE MADE UP OUR MIND TO FOLLOW GMB TILL DEATH, WHO KILLED AZAZI AND PATRICK YAKOWA

Yes and you will certainly follow him to your collective deaths this year. May God grant your wish.
Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by PenSniper: 9:28pm On Jan 25, 2015
liberty300:
ma brother, it's embarrassing. I had to face a couple of ma foreign friends that pointed out the history of nigeria and buhari and mocked Nigerians for even allowing buhari contest..it was utter disgrace.

Nigerians would tell you GEJ ruined us but be eating cheaper food stuff, enjoying longer power supply, more freedom(I can't over emphasis that) and a growing economy in general. They refuse to see all these and choose to be blinded by deceit. That's what we get when we don't raise a generation of readers

It is only GEJ that has so far made appreciable impact on electricity supply. All of them - Buhari, IBB, Abacha and OBJ failed to do antthing. They all met Nigeria in darkness and left it in utter darkness inspite of huge funds voted for it.
Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by PenSniper: 9:51pm On Jan 25, 2015
Qelvin:
this goes to show how daft this yorubas are by nature, kill a yoruba man's family, pillage and loot his properties,rape his sisters,and burn his house..he will always come around, suck your dyck, roll at your feet and still call you "Oga mi!" what a disgrace of a race and people.

You think and talk like your ancestors. Imagine you generalizing the case of a single man to ridicule a whole race out of shear hatred. FYI the Yoruba are not myopic like the Ibo. We think independently. Your forefathers - Azikiwe and co always conived with the north against the Yoruba yet, you remain the weeping tribes of Nigeria with no relevance after decades of treachery, slaughtering in the north, sucking the hausa's dick and crying 'rankadede megida" . The most popular and relevant Ibo leader, Rochas, was the first southerner to go and pay homage to Sanusi Lamido as the emir - the very man who slauthered his kinsman, Gideon Akaluka and hoisted his severed head with the sword. When he was rewarded with the emirship decades for his gallantry, the Ibo leader went to bow for him. What a shame of a race.
Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by PenSniper: 9:57pm On Jan 25, 2015
Qelvin:
this goes to show how daft this yorubas are by nature, kill a yoruba man's family, pillage and loot his properties,rape his sisters,and burn his house..he will always come around, suck your dyck, roll at your feet and still call you "Oga mi!" what a disgrace of a race and people.

You think and talk like your ancestors. Imagine you generalizing the case of a single man to ridicule a whole race out of shear hatred. FYI the Yoruba are not myopic like the Ibo. We think independently. Your forefathers - Azikiwe and co always connived with the north against the Yoruba yet, you remain the weeping tribes of Nigeria with no relevance after decades of treachery, slaughtering in the north, sucking the hausa's dick and crying 'rankadede megida" . The most popular and relevant Ibo leader, Rochas, was the first southerner to go and pay homage to Sanusi Lamido as the emir - the very man who slauthered his kinsman, Gideon Akaluka and hoisted his severed head with the sword. When he was rewarded with the emirship decades after for his gallantry, the Ibo leader went to bow for him. What a shame of a race.
Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by ibnjarir93(m): 10:06pm On Jan 25, 2015
CHM11:
world"

Op u re a liar. Buhari only arrested Bamidele who was nt even a Brig-Gen. then.
For the records there was never a failed coup attemp during Buhari's tenure.
Bamidele was indicted in the Vatsa coup of 1986 after Buhari was overthrown by IBB and subsequently executed.

1 Like

Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by Algebra12: 10:11pm On Jan 25, 2015
Geesammy:
Really am not a Political sycophant but I fink the truth need to be told...Buhari is far better to take the helm of affairs of the nation than GEJ
Apparently in the military era issue of coup de tat isn't a big issue cos soldiers are trained to either "Kill or be Killed"... then while in power he did all he could to ensure serenity and infrastructural development in the country and wat have u... bt now in the "democrazy" era our amiable president has done nothing than to kill the economy with lies of subsidy removal,ministerial appointment manipulation and lots of misappropriations.
Little wonder he could only reduce the PMS pump price be jst #10 while the general per $ Barrel of PMS has dropped by 59%.

We need a change one who has being in power for 6years and without anything to show it can't really perform any magic bt will only exercebate and bring more hardship to our dear country
#Gbagaun!

So here we go

Typically what you are saying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by Sparkle777(f): 10:48pm On Jan 25, 2015
If Buhari were to rule this nation which I doubt. Nigerians would have to apologise to Abacha and IBB. cool
Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 25, 2015
jars9:
Buhari should step down too many sins.
aw many of such innocent Nigerians has lost deir lifes in de one of boko haram because of ur clueless president
Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by Duru1(m): 11:28pm On Jan 25, 2015
CHM11:
world"

You chose to fight alongside the devils and even ate among them but exuberantly forgot to use a very long spoon. I guess you were a piece of expendable object to the Hausa/Fulani/Kanuri dominated northern region of Nigeria.
Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by nairalife2013(m): 11:57pm On Jan 25, 2015
noblezone:

Buhari with his primitive ideologies is threat to me as a person!

His desire for the spread of Sharia to all the 36 states comes to mind.
He believes all of us should be poor as anyone rich must be corrupt.

With his tyrannical ideologies he has boasted on how he will stabilise oil price.
Anybody that loves progress should not cast his vote for Buhari.
it shows he actually didnt go to sch. He is a whimsical fellow with a skewed eye and a mind bent on having his way, no matter the challenges. He is a master decoy. A SHORTMAN who must act TALL in the EYES... I pity nigerians. I pity the south most. Hehehe
Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by jars9: 12:15am On Jan 26, 2015
Goat blind APC supporters go check the statistics of people killed by terrorism and gun related violence in American, blame in on Obama .

rightym:
aw many of such innocent Nigerians has lost deir lifes in de one of boko haram because of ur clueless president

Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by godoluwa(m): 2:59pm On Mar 05, 2015
Kakpos:
PDP NAILANDS IT IS TOO LATE WE HAVE MADE UP OUR MIND TO FOLLOW GMB TILL DEATH, WHO KILLED AZAZI AND PATRICK YAKOWA
GOOGLE IS UR FRIEND. NO TO SATAN! NO TO BUHARI! GOD REJECT BUHARI CANDIDACY
Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by nortcentrallord(m): 2:59pm On Mar 05, 2015
Whay hasn't this made fp up till now?
Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by godoluwa(m): 3:04pm On Mar 05, 2015
Qelvin:
U r sick for attacking yoruba. Amaechi & Okorocha r what tribe? we dat gat perfectly working brain reject Buhari. only d fools among yoruba & igbo say yes to Buhari
Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by change9ja(f): 3:11pm On Mar 05, 2015
What was Gen Bamidele's Offence pls
Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by opiaoku: 3:41pm On Mar 05, 2015
Kakpos:

And untimely death you shall meet

Ode

Thunder blaster your intestine there
Foolish vagabond
Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by Boss13: 4:30pm On Mar 05, 2015
CHM11:
world"

OP YOU ARE A LIAR. Why would people twist things in order to deceive the public and also why do Nigerians not take time to investigate information given to them.

The statement above was made by Major Daniel Bamidele during the Special Military Tribunal (SMT) set up by General Ibrahim Babaginda on the Vasta speculated military coup (Dec 1985) that was not even carried out. Major Bamidele was referring to the Shagari coup of January 1st 1984 where he reported to Major General Buhari (his G.O.C - 3rd Armoured Division Jos) about an intended coup plan and he was arrested by Buhari till after the coup in order to ensure that Major Bamidele do not foil the coup. Funny enough, the Nigeria public is not aware that Babaginda actually orchestrated the 1984 Coup and because Major. General Buhari was the most senior he was asked to head the Supreme Military Council.

However, please note that Major General Buhari played a vital role in the Jan 1984 coup and also had a score to settle with Usman Dikko, who was minister of transport and a brother-in-law to President Shagari. Dikko gave orders to unknown men to monitor Buhari's movements after Buhari flaunted a presidential order to retreat from chasing the Chadian rebels.

Major Bamidele was executed alongside Major General Mamman Vatsa (a childhood friend to General Babaginda and Babaginda was his bestman).
Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by iamodenigbo1(m): 4:43pm On Mar 05, 2015
liberty300:
And your son is supporting the same man that murdered you. I bet you are turning in your grave on hearing this. It's a shame of all the things one can sell, he sells his integrity.

Buhari murdered a lot of people ..fast forward to 2015 and Nigerians are quick to forget. An uneducated, mindless dictator tormented us and we are gracefully trying to return him to the helm of affairs in our country.

Buhari. You might have got mindless youths too young and naive to make up their own minds and have no interest in their own history whatsoever..but you can't fool me
#irefusedictarorahip
THANK-YOU
Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by Boss13: 4:45pm On Mar 05, 2015
Nigerians should learn to ask the right questions. Some powerful Nigerian elites do not want Buhari to become president, including Babaginda. I also feel Buhari has scores to settle if he wins the elections, well he also gave indications in his Chatham speech. I noticed this from the attempted kidnap of Umaru Dikko.

Buhari may not improve our economic situation but he will surely reduce corruption and scare power mongers loitering around Aso rock. I am cautious of Buhari because his administration may lead to a coup except he has learnt from his previous mistakes. However, without mincing words, Nigeria truly needs someone like Buhari now in the brink of economic woos.

1 Like

Re: Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. by theV0ice: 4:57pm On Mar 05, 2015
Major Bamidele said buhari detained him in 1983 for reporting a coup attempt.

OP claims Major Bamidele made this statement just before buhari killed him.

All sensible adults who can read know buhari left power in 1985 and was in detention till 1988 while major Bamidele was executed along with Vatsa in 1986.

Does the OP have any proof that major Bamidele resurected in 1984 (after being 'killed' by buhari) before IBB killed him for the second time in 1986?

Has major Bamidele resurrected again and when does the OP think major Bamidele will be killed next?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Awolowo Committed Suicide – By Abdulmumini Adeku / Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi / Sheriff Still Under N300bn Borno Allocation Probe –EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.