Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance (9417 Views)

Photos From The Launching Of Advanced Peoples Democratic Alliance (APDA) / This Is The SOUTHWEST and Yoruba's Contribution To Nigeria / Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 25, 2015
Buhari's coup on an elected civilian govt was greeted with cheers and jubilaion on the streets in the southwest. Awolowo did not even mince a word not out of fear of being imprisoned but because out of hatred and jealousy in losing out to Shagari twice in a row. A coup over a Shagari govt, was welcomed and viewed by Awo as an act against his enemy.
Wole Soyinka even welcomed the coup announcement by singing the same anti corruption song and even went further to justify the coup on the basis that the Shagari regime was hopelessly corrupt.

Funny thing is when the Buhari regime settled down their anti corruption crusade was waged in the south with many prominent southwest political holders and buerucrats jailed in Buhari's bias crusade.

Today, the southwest has the highest bloc of Buhari apologist in the south. They foolishly have been sold the corruption lie and Buhari sainthood and are bent on repeating history.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by mrborntodoit: 10:17am On Jan 25, 2015
Greed is what I perceive from their alliance .

Tinubu is about selling the future of the yorubas for an oil bloc to his name .

They,the yorubas know that tinubu can't be trusted .

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Mynd44: 10:23am On Jan 25, 2015
mrborntodoit:
Greed is what I perceive from their alliance .

Tinubu is about selling the future of the yorubas for an oil bloc to his name .

They,the yorubas know that tinubu can't be trusted .
Not really....

Politics is performance based. What has GEJ done in the south west that they should come out to vote for him? Do you people even listen to yourselves?

What are his policies?

Look at the infrastructure.... Mention 3 Federal roads in the South west that is in good shape and I will name 10 that are horrible...

Electricity

Fuel price....

Trade...

Employment...

Security...

Religious intolerance...

Toutish allies

All these and threads like this where the people are insulted is what leads to the people turning their backs.

A friend and I took a tour of Abeokuta to Otta and Sango... The number of GEJ posters is amazing. It is almost as though he does not exist. Same thing in Ibadan.

Can you show reasons why they should vote GEJ?

40 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by mrborntodoit: 10:27am On Jan 25, 2015
Mynd44:

Not really....

Politics is performance based. What has GEJ done in the south west that they should come out to vote for him? Do you people even listen to yourselves?

What are his policies?

Look at the infrastructure.... Mention 3 Federal roads in the South west that is in good shape and I will name 10 that are horrible...

Electricity

Fuel price....

Trade...

Employment...

Security...

Religious intolerance...

Toutish allies

All these and threads like this where the people are insulted is what leads to the people turning their backs.

A friend and I took a tour of Abeokuta to Otta and Sango... The number of GEJ posters is amazing. It is almost as though he does not exist. Same thing in Ibadan.

You people voted APC in thesouth west, hold the office holders responsible for your woes, besides ,Gej single handedly faced the north, the next four years is for the south. If he faced the south first,the same people will be quick to call him bigot, as he faced the north first, same people call him clueless

A beg make una reason now

26 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 25, 2015
Mynd44:

Not really....

What are his policies?

Electricity

Fuel price....

Trade...

Employment...

Security...

Religious intolerance...

Toutish allies

And what gives you the guarantee that Buhari will perform?
Go and do an independent historical review on the Buhari regime and find out first hand how despotic and incompetent it was.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Mynd44: 10:31am On Jan 25, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Go and do an independent historical review on the Buhari regime and find out first hand how despotic and incompetent it was.

Don't you get this? People don't want Buhari, they just want GEJ gone. That is the problem.

You guys are not also helping. I just gave you pointers, what has GEJ done in those areas?

30 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Mynd44: 10:36am On Jan 25, 2015
mrborntodoit:

You people voted APC in thesouth west, hold the office holders responsible for your woes, besides ,Gej single handedly faced the north, the next for years is for the south. If he faced the south first,the same people will be quick to call him bigot, as he faced the north first, same people call him bigot.

Hey, we ain't talking about the governors here yet. Open a thread for that. I just gave you pointers. What has GEJ done in those areas to deserve the votes?

Lagos-Ibadan expressway is a joke
Lagos-Abeokuta is mad
Apapa-Oshodi is not worth passing
Old ife road.
Ilesha road
Ogbomosho road

I can go on

Electricity has never crossed 4,000MW

When OBJ left office, we were generating 3,545MW. All the Goodluck administration can do is blame criminals? Are you kidding?

He focused on the North right? He can go there to ask for votes Na. How can you neglect people and come back to ask them to vote for you again?

Why do you think Alimosho Local government is angry at APC?

19 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 25, 2015
Another good example of how jealousy drives the average southwest man's politicking can be seen in no other person than Sanusi Lamido.

Sanusi has always been from the privileged class and for him to have suddenly turn social activist was suspicious enough. But the southwest in their ever Aluta Continua stance quickly alligned with Sanusi and used his blatant lies against the current administration to wage another round of attack on Jonathan.

This is the same Sanusi that was hell bent on breaking the Southwest hegemony in te banking sector which lead to the outright closure and takeover of southwest owned banks which will later be reassigned to Sanusi's cronies.

Most of those bankers from the southwest who lost their jobs are now rooting for Sanusi during his tussle for the Emirships and some how blame Jonathan for the hardship they now face.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 25, 2015
When last did GEJ commissioned a Federal govt project in the SW.....

Show me one....

We will vote APC ....if APC messes up...we will throw them under the bus in the next election....no time for unproductive sentiments.

22 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by mrborntodoit: 10:39am On Jan 25, 2015
Mynd44:

Hey, we ain't talking about the governors here yet. Open a thread for that. I just gave you pointers. What has GEJ done in those areas to deserve the votes?

Lagos-Ibadan expressway is a joke
Lagos-Abeokuta is mad
Apapa-Oshodi is not worth passing
Old ife road.
Ilesha road
Ogbomosho road

I can go on

Electricity has never crossed 4,000MW

When OBJ left office, we were generating 3,545MW. All the Goodluck administration can do is blame criminals? Are you kidding?

He focused on the North right? He can go there to ask for votes Na. How can you neglect people and come back to ask them to vote for you again?

Why do you think Alimosho Local government is angry at APC?

Federal roads are everywhere in the country and not only in southwest. Each and every part of the country got something's done,if you want more vote him in and you will see more.

Alimosho local govt and APC is a wrong case study for Gej and southwest .

2 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 25, 2015
Mynd44:

Don't you get this? People don't want Buhari, they just want GEJ gone. That is the problem.

You guys are not also helping. I just gave you pointers, what has GEJ done in those areas?

If you ever bothered to read my first post here you will see how I detailed how the southwest in their hatred for Shagari regime were quick to celebrate and welcome Buhari's coup.

Nobody is asking you to vote Goodluck, but for God sake's , Buhari of all people?!

This is looking like 1984 all over again.

If the southwest is so on convinced by their own propaganda and lies about a Goodluck presidency then why are they not offering us an alternative? Why a Buhari?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by BlackTechnology: 10:42am On Jan 25, 2015
Mynd44:

Not really....

What are his policies?

Electricity

Fuel price....

Trade...

Employment...

Security...

Religious intolerance...

Toutish allies

This is the most hilarious comment for the month of January

Guy wake up

A man can't offer what he doesn't have

It is foolishness to believe anything good can come out of Northern leadership grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Mynd44: 10:43am On Jan 25, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

If you ever bothered to read my first post here you will see how I detailed how the southwest in their hatred for Shagari regime were quick to celebrate and welcome Buhari's coup.

Nobody is asking you o vote Goodluck, but for God sake's , Buhari of all people?!

This is looking like 1984 all over again.

If the southwest is so on inched by their own propaganda and lies about a Goodluck presidency them why are they not offering us an alternative? Why a Buhari?
It is the simple logic of "We have given you +4 years" given your party almost 16"years and you people have failed"

The people are weary of excuses and blaming everyone else for their incompetence so the want a change. The way the change comes is not their concern.

A lot of peeps on twitter are like "If we vote Buhari and he fvcks up, 2019 is not far. We change him"

Simple

7 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Mynd44: 10:45am On Jan 25, 2015
mrborntodoit:

Federal roads are everywhere in the country and not only in southwest. Each and every part of the country got something's done,if you want more vote him in and you will see more.

Alimosho local govt and APC is a wrong case study for Gej and southwest .
The people living in the south west fo not have confidence in the president. It is quiet simple.

The same bloody was a lot of people in Alimosho don't have much confidence in the APC.

Same logic. They believe the Goodluck administration has failed them so they want him out

3 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Mynd44: 10:47am On Jan 25, 2015
BlackTechnology:

This is the most hilarious comment for the month of January

Guy wake up

A man can't offer what he doesn't have

It is foolishness to believe anything good can come out of Northern leadership grin
But are the people willing to try it? Hell yes because the guy there for the past +4 years have not lived up to their expectations

7 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by BlackTechnology: 10:47am On Jan 25, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:
Buhari's coup on an elected civilian govt was greeted with cheers and jubilaion on the streets in the southwest. Awolowo did not even mince a word not out of fear of being imprisoned but because out of hatred and jealousy in losing out to Shagari twice in a row. A coup over a Shagari govt, was viewed by Awo as an act against his enemy.
Wole Soyinka even welcomed the coup announcement by singing the same anti corruption song and even went further to justify the coup on the basis that the Shagari regime was hopelessly corrupt.

Funny thing is when the Buhari regime settled down their anti corruption crusade was waged in the south with many prominent southwest political holders and buerucrats jailed in Buhari's bias crusade.

Today, the southwest has the highest bloc of Buhari apologist in the south. They foolishly have been sold the corruption lie and Buhari sainthood and are bent on repeating history.

I said this weeks ago and thank God someone has echoed it

I doubt Shagari's government was so corrupt

I believe SW controlled media painted that government bad in order to destroy it

This is the same tactics they are applying against GEJ but unfortunately for them, the Igbos are helping the SS fight back on Media with so much ruthlessness that their initial madness has be halted and about to be routed cool

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 25, 2015
Mynd44:

The people living in the south west fo not have confidence in the president. It is quiet simple.

The same bloody was a lot of people in Alimosho don't have much confidence in the APC.

Same logic. They believe the Goodluck administration has failed them so they want him out
Really shocked
At emboldened.
Ayamlaykorn

1 Like

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 25, 2015
Let us concentrate on the historical events that saw a Buhari welcomed and celebrated by the Southwest in 1983.

Every single gimmick and rhetoric has been dusted and recycled 32 yrs later.

Matisine riots is now Boko Haram which Buhari and the southwest used in 1983 to justify the incompetency of Shagari.

Today Buhari is campaigning to end the insurgents as he did back then.

The corruption rhetoric has never been louder maybe because the Goodluck and Shagari regimes were democratic administrations and as such freedom of speech and guaranteed critism allows this rhetoric to spread unlike in a military set up were any critism is seen as provocative and anti establishment and is thus clampdown on.

4 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Mynd44: 10:49am On Jan 25, 2015
ilugunboy:

Show me one....

We will vote APC ....if APC messes up...we will throw them under the bus in the next election....no time for unproductive sentiments.
This statement ends it.

Vote the guy who failed you out, if the incoming nigga too fails, tell him you still have your voter cards and you will use it.

That is what political sophistication means

10 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by mrborntodoit: 10:50am On Jan 25, 2015
Mynd44:

They concluded in a hurry because some people whom are aware that Rome wasn't and can't be built in a day decided to capitalize on their ignorance instead of uniting with the fg and explaining to them in details or the lay mans language.
Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by BlackTechnology: 10:50am On Jan 25, 2015
Mynd44:

But are the people willing to try it? Hell yes because the guy there for the past +4 years have not lived up to their expectations

Face reality

The Yorubas know that Buhari won't achieve anything but they will follow Buhari because

1) they can manipulate GMB to get what they want

2) they believe that power will return to them after Buhari grin

9 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by mcdc: 10:52am On Jan 25, 2015
MY BROTHER , HAS ELECTRICITY NOT IMPROVED IN THE WEST? WHAT OF THE RULE OF LAW? 9 ADDITIONAL UNIVERSITIES, ROAD NETWORK...........LAGOS BEBIN . FUEL SUPPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHO DO THEY WHAT TO CHANGE? HOW OLD IS NIGERIA AS A NATION AND HOW LONG HAS GEJ BEEN IN POWER?
HE HAS TO START FROM SOME WHERE ..............................THE CHANGE THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT IS NOT FOR THE MAN ON THE STREET.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by FreeGlobe(f): 10:54am On Jan 25, 2015
Mynd44:

Not really....

What are his policies?

Electricity

Fuel price....

Trade...

Employment...

Security...

Religious intolerance...

Toutish allies

The south west voted massively for obasanjo's 2nd tenure. Now what did he do in the SW during his first tenure?

13 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 25, 2015
BlackTechnology:

I said this weeks ago and thank God someone has echoed it

I doubt Shagari's government was so corrupt

I believe SW controlled media painted that government bad in order to destroy it

This is the same tactics they are applying against GEJ but unfortunately for them, the Igbos are helping the SS fight back on Media with so much ruthlessness that their initial madness has be halted and about to be routed cool

Tinubu is not a genius but a very good student of history. Today, the APC relies on the media to circulate their diversionary propaganda of hatred. Focus on the central govt and not my stooges in govt house; that bad road is Jonathan's fault, that good federal road was built by us; Dieziani is a thief, fashola could have done more if they did not steal our $20 billion dollars, etc.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by omonnakoda: 10:54am On Jan 25, 2015
The SW voted for Jonathan in 2011. He won every state except Osun
The SW were the main people fighting for him to be sworn in when Yar'adua died. Were they not jealous at that time.
What did they get in reward?
Emotional people always shun analysis for sentiments

16 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Mynd44: 10:54am On Jan 25, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Face reality

The Yorubas know that Buhari won't achieve anything but they will follow Buhari because

Here we go with your ethno-religious bias again.

Sorry, I don't reply posts like this. Come ul with a better argument and I can reply it

4 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 25, 2015
Not all southwesterner supports buhari, as a matter of fact, buhari will loose southwest.

3 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by AreaFada2: 10:56am On Jan 25, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

I think the cancellation of Lagos Metro makes him trust GMB to do great stuff in South-West. grin cheesy

Or the 75% of PTDF projects that GMB took to the North during Abacha's time. shocked
Who would not be grateful to GMB for spending hours in Lagos traffic to & from work daily? shocked

People like Buhari believe that the South (especially SW) should be slowed down to allow the North catch up.

Amazing how people cannot link the past to the present & future.

12 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 25, 2015
Was it jealousy alliance when they voted for jonathan in 2011?

2 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by omonnakoda: 10:56am On Jan 25, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Face reality

The same Buhari contested in 2011 but they did not vote for him.So has he become more manipulable since that time
Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by FreeGlobe(f): 10:57am On Jan 25, 2015
ilugunboy:

Show me one....

go ahead and vote Buhari, after 14th we shall see

2 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 25, 2015
mrborntodoit:

You people voted APC in thesouth west, hold the office holders responsible for your woes, besides ,Gej single handedly faced the north, the next for years is for the south. If he faced the south first,the same people will be quick to call him bigot, as he faced the north first, same people call him clueless

He should hold apc gov. responsible for federal roads?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Former OC Sars Awkuzu Was Captured And Beaten Mercilessly In Ghana (Video/Pics) / Apapa Gridlock: LASG, NPA Talk Tough, To Impound Trucks Parked On Highway / Malami: It Is Premature To Conclude Soldiers Used Live Ammunition At Lekki Toll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.