Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,000 members, 7,835,373 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance (9493 Views)

Photos From The Launching Of Advanced Peoples Democratic Alliance (APDA) / This Is The SOUTHWEST and Yoruba's Contribution To Nigeria / Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 25, 2015
Kennywills7:

Abeg show me any guy in apc dat was not involved in govt for d 16yrs u mention!!
They are d same set of pple dat cause dis problems not just d ones in pdp

They see things very narrowly.

I sometimes wonder why and how they are the first to celebrate any PDP decampee who strays into their fold.

They think this APC vs PDP thing is like Chelsea vs Asrenal where if Drogba is to sign with the gunners he is now to be supported.

What I know is that the PDP is now a far better party with the emergence of the APC not because the APC offered them a stiff opposition but that the APC were willing to take PDP trash.

3 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 25, 2015
Old prejudice....hate...eternal desire for vengeance and hatred for any one muslim is the driving force behind most of these GEJ supporters...

I refuse to allow such factors to influence my choice...

2 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 25, 2015
ilugunboy:
Old prejudice....hate...eternal desire for vengeance and hatred for any one muslim is the driving force behind most of these GEJ supporters...

Virtually all Muslims hate Jonathan as well and this nonsense change campaingn is meant to bring about a Muslim president who will stop any alliance with Israel.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by PassingShot(m): 12:52pm On Jan 25, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

You are seeking to return that househelp you sacked 31 yrs ago.

Only someone with amnesia or madness will repeat the same mistake twice!

We did not sack him. And we want him now. QED
Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Gbawe: 1:06pm On Jan 25, 2015
ilugunboy:

Correct. In fact many of them know and accept that GEJ is leading Nigeria towards chaos and anarchy but this is precisely what they want. They cannot stomach the thought of a resolute President like Buhari coming in to arrest the rot and rescue Nigeria from failing totally. These vendetta-driven folks simply want Nigeria to fail and view GEJ as the leader to help that happen.

3 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 25, 2015
PassingShot:

We did not sack him. And we want him now. QED

Ofcourse you and your ancestors including your so called leaders were not relevant in the scheme of things back then.

It was Buhari's inner circle within the Supreme military council that knew him as an arrogating ignorant despot who knew next to nothing about running a country. For more referral search for IBB's speech address announcing the overthrow of Buhari.

1 Like

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by nellyjohn: 1:11pm On Jan 25, 2015
The truth is dat people wil always say rubbish. GEJ worked more in north becos he believed they are in need more than others but unfortunately, people say he is clueless and d north say he hates them. Even dough GEJ did not do well down here for us, I still believe in him nd dat he will do more for us now. To vote Buhari in is d worst thing that will ever happen to Nigerians. Remember. The devil u know is better than the angle u don't know.
GEJ for 2015

3 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Bruteforce1o1: 1:12pm On Jan 25, 2015
customized13:
thanks for the correction but I am sure buhari will lose southwest.

Most of friends decamped after the certificate saga.

So those of your friends now translates to the whole SW. You just come online to spew trash cos of your inferiority complex. Smh

3 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 25, 2015
Bruteforce1o1:

So those of your friends now translates to the whole SW. You just come online to spew trash cos of your inferiority complex. Smh

This Buhari movement will die suddenly and permanently come feb 14.

Be prepared to a accept that there is no going back. Nigeria is set to enter the 21st century with style.

2 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Bruteforce1o1: 1:19pm On Jan 25, 2015
[s]
RevDesmondJuju:

This Buhari movement will die suddenly and permanently come feb 14.

Be prepared to a accept that there is no going back. Nigeria is set to enter the 21st century with style.
[/s]

Trash. You are just a frustrated jobless tout that love opening meaningless thread. Yoruba this and that, i love watching you display your mental problem.

4 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by emiye(m): 1:19pm On Jan 25, 2015
BlackTechnology:

This is the most hilarious comment for the month of January

Guy wake up

A man can't offer what he doesn't have

It is foolishness to believe anything good can come out of Northern leadership grin

so, the presidential position must be limited to the south. Stop this fuckery.

Lets not postpone the evil day till 2019, let us bring it closer this year. If there will be a need for the country to break, let us do it now.
Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by emiye(m): 1:22pm On Jan 25, 2015
nellyjohn:
The truth is dat people wil always say rubbish. GEJ worked more in north becos he believed they are in need more than others but unfortunately, people say he is clueless and d north say he hates them. Even dough GEJ did not do well down here for us, I still believe in him nd dat he will do more for us now. To vote Buhari in is d worst thing that will ever happen to Nigerians. Remember. The devil u know is better than the angle u don't know.
GEJ for 2015

What work in the North ? there are 19 northern states , please highlight the works.
Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 25, 2015
Bruteforce1o1:
[s][/s]

Trash. You are just a frustrated jobless tout that love opening meaningless thread. Yoruba this and that, i love watching you display your mental problem.

Why the frustration? You should be at least happy that I am preaching to your constituency. This is testament that I believe that you can be saved. Do you see me ever arguing with blind ab0ki? No. Take my concern for you as a sign of hope. You are after all not an irreparable ab0ki dunce but a southerner who just happens to have his mental capacity turned off because of hatred and jealousy of your fellow southerner.

grin

1 Like

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Bruteforce1o1: 1:31pm On Jan 25, 2015
[s]
RevDesmondJuju:

Why the frustration? You should be at least happy that I am preaching to your constituency. This is testament that I believe that you can be saved. Do you see me ever arguing with blind ab0ki? No. Take my concern for you as a sign of hope. You are after all not an irreparable ab0ki dunce but a southerner who just happens to have his mental capacity turned off because of hatred and jealousy of your fellow southerner.

grin
[/s]

Trash. Jealousy of who? Yeeboes or who? Lmaooo. How can i be jealous of someone who is not a threat to me, you make me laugh. I can only offer you prayers for God to cure you of your madness, its very important.

5 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 25, 2015
Bruteforce1o1:
[s][/s]

Trash. Jealousy of who? Yeeboes or who? Lmaooo. How can i be jealous of someone who is not a threat to me, you make me laugh. I can only offer you prayers for God to cure you of your madness, its very important.

Firstly, I am not Igbo.

Secondly, for you to think I am Igbo is enough evidence to show that you have an underlying fear and respect for igbos.

5 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Bruteforce1o1: 1:37pm On Jan 25, 2015
[s]
RevDesmondJuju:

Firstly, I am not Igbo.

Secondly, for you to think I am Igbo is enough evidence to show that you have an underlying fear and respect for igbos.
[/s]

Of course you will never be yeeboe, mumu. Story for the gods.... Go take your drugs, you need it now.

5 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Gbawe: 1:37pm On Jan 25, 2015
Bruteforce1o1:
[s][/s]

Indeed. Why can some folks simply not head to the poll and vote who they want and allow others to do same? What is the sense voting to give GEJ four more years when this action is tantamount to slicing one's own throat or driving into a concrete wall at 150 MPH? Boko Haram is fast eroding the territorial integrity and sensible Nigerians should vote for a worsening of this currently deplorable situation just to deny "aboki" of power?

Or is it runaway corruption the Yorubas should support because some feel we owe GEJ "southern solidarity" and must foolishly cut our nose to spite our face by rejecting "gambari"? Some folks are just pathetic. While I don't care whether bigots vote for GEJ or otherwise it would be nice if those determined to do the right things are left in peace rather than constantly assailed with hateful and senseless postulations from ethnocentric half-wits.

6 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Bruteforce1o1: 1:46pm On Jan 25, 2015
Gbawe:

Indeed. Why can some folks simply not head to the poll and vote who they want and allow others to do same? What is the sense voting to give GEJ four more years when this action is tantamount to slicing one's own throat or driving into a concrete wall at 150 MPH? Boko Haram is fast eroding the territorial integrity and sensible Nigerians should vote for a worsening of this currently deplorable situation just to deny "aboki" of power?

Or is it runaway corruption the Yorubas should support because some feel we owe GEJ "southern solidarity" and must foolishly cut our nose to spite our face by rejecting "gambari"? Some folks are just pathetic. While I don't care whether bigots vote for GEJ or otherwise it would be nice if those determined to do the right things are left in peace rather than constantly assailed with hateful and senseless postulations from ethnocentric half-wits.

Honestly, I dont know why they will have to curse and blackmail me cos of my right to vote for who i want, calling people names cos of supporting Buhari. They will open threads, curse the North and insult the SW and still want them to vote for you. What kinda logic is that? Na waoooo

5 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by FreeGlobe(f): 1:49pm On Jan 25, 2015
Gbawe:

Gbawe I'm tired of your senseless long epistles. you are a Tinubu servant who simply wants to vote yoruba osibanjo based on your primordial sentiments and you are here accusing others of being ethnocentric. just go and die.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by superstar1(m): 1:57pm On Jan 25, 2015
@ OP, call the alliance jealousy or envy or whatever, you are entitled to your view.

SW aided GEJ to become President and we will surely be instrumental to his return to Otuoke.

We don't do blind politicking here. If you do not perform to an acceptable standard in 4years, we will vote you out. How much more the clueless one, without anything to show for 6years, apart from corruption, insecurity and poverty.

We have the right to vote for anybody we feel like voting for and we are merely exercising our exclusive right and surely we shall. If APC does not deliver too the same whirlwind GEJ is fighting against in SW now will catch up with them.

The mor0ns that were misyarning during Anambra's election will return the Mandela of Otuoke as President.

We stand for good governance, visionary leadership and delivery of electioneering promises. We don't do blind, backward and politics of bigotry here.

Someone should even tell me what GEJ has achieved in SW? Just 1. One thing that he started and completed in 6years, which is over a half of a decade.

2 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by joeyfire(m): 2:05pm On Jan 25, 2015
Mynd44:

Not really....

Politics is performance based. What has GEJ done in the south west that they should come out to vote for him? Do you people even listen to yourselves?

What are his policies?

Look at the infrastructure.... Mention 3 Federal roads in the South west that is in good shape and I will name 10 that are horrible...

Electricity

Fuel price....

Trade...

Employment...

Security...

Religious intolerance...

Toutish allies

All these and threads like this where the people are insulted is what leads to the people turning their backs.

A friend and I took a tour of Abeokuta to Otta and Sango... The number of GEJ posters is amazing. It is almost as though he does not exist. Same thing in Ibadan.

Can you show reasons why they should vote GEJ?

Jonathan has done PLENTY of things in the South West. Even more than for his strongest support bases in the SS/SE. Didnt Aregbesola even recently swallow pride and commend GEJ for taking Osun state a huge step towards providing potable water supply for the first time in 50 years?

Tinubu's decision to mobilize yorubas against this administration has NOTHING to do with SW interests. Just Tinubu interests

2 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 25, 2015
All this anti corruption rhetoric coming from the north and southwest is highly hypocritical.

The north dominated leadership positions after the civil war with Yorubas occupying strategic bureaucratic roles. Corruption began its endemic rise under this duo.

For the southwest to shout corruption now is also highly hypocritical for the fact that their own region is dominated by crooks and thieves. Charity does not seem to be in their dictionary because if the northern leadership they so desire can not fix their own backyard or they can not stem corruption but celebrate it with people like Asiwaju enjoying patronage and respect how dare they speak of making Nigeria better?

From what I understand with this Buhari nonsense Yorubas who support Buhari do this for the following reason:

1. Fanatical Yoruba Muslims. There is such a thing if you don't know as fanatical Yoruba Muslims and it is growing by the day. Visit any tertiary institution and you will see them venting their by force religiousity for all to see. This group is swayed more by Jonathan's alliance with Israel. They are vast majority here on nairaland.

2. Yorubas want a piece of the action. By claiming opposition, Tinubu built his empire. Tinubu is now set to take on bigger challenges at the national level given that most of the SW states other than Lagos and Ondo have been milked dry. With this alliance Tinubu hopes to springboard to the national level where the pickings are juicier. Most of his followers will natural follow him.

3. Yorubas feeling like kingmakers. They feel irrelevant and dispensable in a Goodluck govt. Jonathan has matched any brain they have with that double their capacity from the southeast. It feels like 1960 again when they had to fight and compete with the more competent igbos. An Ab0ki alliance will naturally see a smooth sailing to the top. To make matters worse they have no bargaining power. The SouthSouth has oil and are ready to use it to negotiate, the north has a solid disciplined political bloc. These are things the southwest does not have other than AMALA styled confusion trouble rousing politics.

4. They are gambling for a Buhari death if he ever got elected. They some how think they were instrumental to Goodluck's emergence not knowing that the Niger Delta was set to restart their insurgency if the constitution is not adhered to. An Osinbanjo accidental presidency will never happen because the north will demand for bi elections . The other regions will support this especially the Igbos. This will see the north choose an Igbo vp leaving the southwest in the cold. If Osinbanjo opposes this he will simply be given the shonekan treatment and not a damn thing will happen.
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by superstar1(m): 2:16pm On Jan 25, 2015
joeyfire:

Jonathan has done PLENTY of things in the South West. Even more than for his strongest support bases in the SS/SE. Didnt Aregbesola even recently swallow pride and commend GEJ for taking Osun state a huge step towards providing potable water supply for the first time in 50 years?

Tinubu's decision to mobilize yorubas against this administration has NOTHING to do with SW interests. Just Tinubu interests

Please tell me how GEJ provided potable water in Osun?

Wonders shall never end.
Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by superstar1(m): 2:17pm On Jan 25, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:
All this anti corruption rhetoric coming from the north and southwest is highly hypocritical.

The north dominated leadership positions after the civil war with Yorubas occupying strategic bureaucratic roles. Corruption began endemic under this duo.

For the south to shout corruption now is also highly hypocritical for the fact that their own region is dominated by crooks and thieve. Charity does not seem to be in their dictionary because if the northern leadership they so desire can not fix their own backyard or they can not stem corruption but celebrate it with people like Asiwaju enjoying patronage and respect how dare they speak of making Nigeria better?

From what I understand with this Buhari nonsense Yorubas who support Buhari do this for the following reason:

1. Fanatical Yoruba Muslims. There is such a thing if you don't know as fanatical Yoruba Muslims and it is growing by the day. Visit any tertiary institution and you will see them venting their by force religiousity for all to see. This group is swayed more by Jonathan's alliance with Israel. They are vast majority here on nairaland.

2. Yorubas want a piece of the action. By claiming opposition, Tinubu built his empire. Tinubu is now set to take on bigger challenges at the national level given that most of the SW states other than Lagos and Ondo have been milked dry. With this alliance Tinubu hopes to springboard to the national level where the pickings are juicier. Most of his followers will natural follow him.

3. Yorubas feeling like kingmakers. They feel irrelevant and dispensable in a Goodluck govt. Jonathan has matched any brain they have witha hat double their capacity from the southeast. It feels like 1960 again when they had to fight and compete with the more competent igbos. An Ab0ki alliance will natural see a smooth sailing to the top. To make matters worse they have no bargaining power. The SouthSouth has oil and are ready to use it to negotiate, the north has a solid disciplined political bloc. These are things the southwest does not have other than AMALA styled confusion trouble rousing politriking.

What does the worthless Nigerian Slaves have -- y1bos?
Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Bruteforce1o1: 2:20pm On Jan 25, 2015
[s]
RevDesmondJuju:

The north dominated leadership positions after the civil war with Yorubas occupying strategic bureaucratic roles. Corruption began endemic under this duo.

For the south to shout corruption now is also highly hypocritical for the fact that their own region is dominated by crooks and thieve. Charity does not seem to be in their dictionary because if the northern leadership they so desire can not fix their own backyard or they can not stem corruption but celebrate it with people like Asiwaju enjoying patronage and respect how dare they speak of making Nigeria better?

3. Yorubas feeling like kingmakers. They feel irrelevant and dispensable in a Goodluck govt. Jonathan has matched any brain they have witha hat double their capacity from the southeast. It feels like 1960 again when they had to fight and compete with the more competent igbos. An Ab0ki alliance will natural see a smooth sailing to the top. To make matters worse they have no bargaining power. The SouthSouth has oil and are ready to use it to negotiate, the north has a solid disciplined political bloc. These are things the southwest does not have other than AMALA styled confusion trouble rousing

4. They are gambling for a Buhari death if he ever got elected. They some how think they were instrumental to Goodluck's emergence not knowing that the Niger Delta was set to restart their insurgency if the constitution is not adhered to. An Osinbanjo accidental presidency will never happen because the north will demand for bi elections . The other regions will support this especially the Igbos. This will see the north choose an Igbo vp leaving the southwest in the cold. If Osinbanjo opposes this he will simply be given the shonekan treatment and not a damn thing will happen.
cheesy
[/s]

Rubbish

1 Like

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by vanunu: 2:20pm On Jan 25, 2015
Mynd44:

Electricity supply has not improved. Stop this

Rule of law? What law? The same one that made the army break up protesters in Ojota?

9 additional universities? If you can afford yo send your kid abroad will you send your kid to one of those? No between OAU and one of the new ones, which will you send your kid?

What road network?

There is no Lagos-Benin road.

Fuel supply? Oil sells for -$50 and we buy petrol for 87 naira. Kerosene and diesel are as high as First bank headquarters

If in +4 years, Lagos-Ibadan and Lagos-abeokuta are in a state of shame then he has failed

Unfortunately the man on the street os tired of the same thing and wants change. Sorry
Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by joeyfire(m): 2:23pm On Jan 25, 2015
superstar1:

Please tell me how GEJ provided potable water in Osun?

Wonders shall never end.

See below superstar. Learn to differentiate your enemies from your neighbours

http://www.nigeria.gov.ng/2012-10-29-11-09-25/news/558-osun-state-commends-federal-government-over-water-projects

The Federal Government of Nigeria has received commendation from the Osun State Government over the execution of water projects in the State.

The Governor of Osun State, Rauf Aregbesola gave the praise when he paid a courtesy visit on the Minister of Water Resources, Sarah Reng Ochkpe in her office recently. He also acknowledged the tremendous work which President Goodluck Jonathan is doing through water provision to the state. According to him, Ilesha has been without water for the past 50 years before the Federal Government came to her aid by releasing funds to complete the dam.

“I am quite impressed with what you people have done in Osun state and I find it necessary to come here to express my profound gratitude to the Federal Government, especially in the construction of Ilesha water project,” he emphasized.

1 Like

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 25, 2015
Bruteforce1o1:
[s][/s]

Rubbish

You have nothing to offer.

In a way I want a Buhari presidency because I know for a fact the man is terminally sick. I want you guys to make enough noise if Osinbanjo is denied the position of president by the north and then see you demand for secession cheesy.

Once this happens you will be amazed how other regions will not only not oppose it but celebrate it.
grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Bruteforce1o1: 2:30pm On Jan 25, 2015
[s]
RevDesmondJuju:

In a way I want a Buhari presidency because I know for a fact the man is terminally sick. I want you guys to make enough noise if Osinbanjo is denied the position of president by the north and then see you demand for secession cheesy.

Once this happens you will be amazed how other regions will not only not oppose it but celebrate it.
grin

[/s]

Continue ranting from that prison you call a room, that wont change the fact that you yeeboes are nothing but noisemakers. Open a new Yoruba thread pls, this one is now stale and boring.

1 Like

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by vanunu: 2:32pm On Jan 25, 2015
Mynd44:

Electricity supply has not improved. Stop this

Rule of law? What law? The same one that made the army break up protesters in Ojota?
O
9 additional universities? If you can afford yo send your kid abroad will you send your kid to one of those? No between OAU and one of the new ones, which will you send your kid?

What road network?

There is no Lagos-Benin road.

Fuel supply? Oil sells for -$50 and we buy petrol for 87 naira. Kerosene and diesel are as high as First bank headquarters

If in +4 years, Lagos-Ibadan and Lagos-abeokuta are in a state of shame then he has failed

Unfortunately the man on the street os tired of the same thing and wants change. Sorry

What do u gain from spreading falsehood? Before jona came to power nigeria had over ten years of fuel scarcity, almost all the federal roads were so bad that orji uzor kalu nearly fought with obj. Today, there is no more fuel scarcity, people are no longer sleeping in fuel stations and our roads are a lot better.

Almost are federal higher institutions in the country have been renovated and are now wearing a new look and for the first time in many yrs, the universities are no longer complaining about funding

U evil people come here to spread lies.

1 Like

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by BlackTechnology: 2:34pm On Jan 25, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

grin

If they attempt secession then, we will treat their f u c k up grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INEC: 1.8 Million Pvcs Not Collected & 430,000 yet to be delivered In Lagos / If You Don't Know This Man,please Don't Demand For Biafra (photo) / President Buhari’s Speech At The National Executive Committee Meeting Of APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.