Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,539 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? (33382 Views)

I'm Expecting A Baby Boy, What Are The Essential Things To Buy? / Is There Anything Wrong With This Kiss? (photos) / My Boyfriend Wants Me To Give Up Custody Of My Little Boy, What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by goodguy(m): 12:03am On Oct 25, 2005
*shakes head*
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by Scorpio(f): 1:53am On Oct 25, 2005
Since you just want to have a good time, then wat d heck are you doin with him. It dosen't look like you're enjoyin urself with him, abeg save yourself all this stress and get someone else, Period!
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by Trooper(m): 6:02am On Oct 26, 2005
@ vexxy...sorry, this time I have to disagree. I'm living in the States for over 6 years now. I was always being known as a tough guy. Now My parents are getting older and older. My Mum is about 65, my Dad 72. I have to go home to Germany shortly because they are not doing well and want me there and I belong there when it's getting to an end. I owe them the part to hold their hands when they start to shivering because they are my parents. They raised me and I have to take care about them now....does this makes me a Mama's Boy No, it's makes me a real men who takes care about what he needs to do.......My Mum always wanted me to come back home and pretty soon, the lost son will come home. Dead or alive, he will come home........
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by vexxy(f): 2:29pm On Oct 26, 2005
Trooper, we do agree. I don't think that if your parents are sick or in need of your care, you taking on that role as a provider for their needs makes you a momma's boy.

What I think makes you a momma's boy is when you cannot make decisions as a grown man on your own; you still call your mom to ask her which girl is alright to date. Things of that nature.

There is no fault in you going home to care for them. That's the honorable thing to do. smiley
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by sugar(f): 9:51am On Nov 09, 2005
Hi evryone, I've dated a mama's boy (a guy over 28, who doesnt have a mind of his own) and girls its a nightmare...trust me! We were together for about a year & a bit til his mama hooked him up with some girl, they were engaged for a few mths but now he keeps calling, turning up @ ma door, saying he wants me back. Mama's boys show no maturity & u cant rely on someone like that
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by prettyH(f): 6:09am On Nov 16, 2005
@sugar

i feel u. nightmare is an understatement. my ex was so bad he'd go home for lunch every day. was even scared of his mum sef. abeg life's too short for all those hassles.
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by goodguy(m): 4:14pm On Nov 16, 2005
I feel it all depends on the way one was brought up. You really don't have to blame him.
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by lullaby(f): 12:40am On Nov 17, 2005
Ummm,I cant imagine dating a mama's boy. Being the first child myself, I tend to be very independent so dating/marrying a mama's boy will be pure hell. I mean that's just something I cant ignore, it'll will definitely be a deciding factor.

No Mama's Boy for me o!
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by Angelof8(f): 3:27am On Nov 23, 2005
Well all women who have been out with Mama's Boys know how frustrating it can be. I am dating a wonderful man. I am 57 yrs old and he is 63. His mom is 98 and still calls all the shots. She has interferred in all his relationships so he never married. Now Christmas is coming and he said he has to spend Christmas Eve with Mom and spend the night there. He says he will see me Christmas afternoon.
Other than his demanding mom, he and I are like soulmates. I don't know if I should dump him. His mom is in better health than I am. My blood pressure keeps going up.
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by Scorpio(f): 3:29am On Nov 23, 2005
shocked shocked
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by hotangel2(f): 3:31am On Nov 23, 2005
Angelof8:

Well all women who have been out with Mama's Boys know how frustrating it can be. I am dating a wonderful man. I am 57 years old and he is 63. His mom is 98 and still calls all the shots. She has interferred in all his relationships so he never married. Now Christmas is coming and he said he has to spend Christmas Eve with Mom and spend the night there. He says he will see me Christmas afternoon.
Other than his demanding mom, he and I are like soulmates. I don't know if I should dump him. His mom is in better health than I am. My blood pressure keeps going up.
shocked shocked

You r 57 and he's 63. He's still a mama's boy at 63?? His mama is still alive? (no offence). I can't help but swallow this and say WOW! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by Scorpio(f): 3:33am On Nov 23, 2005
i'm so speechless right now  shocked
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by hotangel2(f): 3:34am On Nov 23, 2005
same here hunnie. lipsrsealed
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by Angelof8(f): 3:39am On Nov 23, 2005
Yeah I can't believe all this myself but its real. What makes me upset is that the problem is not really his mom but how he Let's all this happen. To me it seems he is not taking responsibility and just allows her to make all his decisions so he doesn't have to be responsibility for anything. Now as I see it, this will pit her and I against each other. But then I would loose.
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by hotangel2(f): 3:40am On Nov 23, 2005
Awwww, sorry ... ur trying i must say. Are u nigerian?
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by Angelof8(f): 3:50am On Nov 23, 2005
No, not nigarian; but it is nice knowing I am not the only one with this problem; wish there were answers out there somewhere
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by hotangel2(f): 3:54am On Nov 23, 2005
Yeah, so many people go through this. Just take things easy with your mother-in-law. Don't try to compete with her. She'll soon leave u guys alone anyways (not that i'm praying for her death to come).. But i am sure she's old.
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by Angelof8(f): 4:11am On Nov 23, 2005
I am sure someday his mom will leave us alone. But when she does, will he be looking for me to make his decisions for him or do you think he will become more independant
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by hotangel2(f): 4:21am On Nov 23, 2005
He'll become independent. And you'll also help him.
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by Scorpio(f): 4:45am On Nov 23, 2005
@ 60 kini, when is he goin to be independent? me thinks it's a lil too late for that now. Angelof8, i think you'll be the one to help him out when his momsi ain't around anymore cos that type of person seriously needs someone to hang on too. i'm still shocked sha(4give me Angelof8).
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by larger20(m): 8:41pm On Nov 24, 2005
I am the first son and not a mama's boy and loving it. I will be worse if I tell my mom everything i do or do whatever she says..this is becasue I am a big risk taker. I grew up being mama's boy but when I figured that my personality which can be diffrent for everyone is not my moms type..I grew up having problem with my mom..ofcourse even when my mom is wrong..my gentel dad will surport his wife...

My mom wants "plumpy but not over weight" girls for me becasue in the older times, plump huge girls are regarded to be in full maturity and they stand out in the cloud. She still have the mentality having lived in the village her whole life..

My type of girl is that slim sexy looking girl I can carry in my arms once in a while, make love in the air, bathroom, kitchen and even in the toilet.I can't carry a big fat lady.. I don't even know how to manourver a big fat lady to feel my masculinity....

Now am in the Us, I left home because my mom always wana know everything am doin.one time this girl came to our house in the villa to see me having known her from high school and she lives near my house. my mom called me when the girl left to know what i discussed with her. Why she even entered my room and what did i do to her? .this kind of thing makes me to even dislike my moms behavior even more..she puts her anus in my business and I hate it..[ I am 18yrs here]

[24yrs] Now, am in the US and I call my mom like once in a month.sometimes I don't call at all and she is not loving it.The last time I called her, I spoke to her and my bros and sisters.when I wanted to speak to my dad, she tapped into our conversation...what type of mom will do this? I did not like it for the fact that she wants to know every bit of thing about me and my secret..it is not just right..why would she tap with another phone into me and my dads conversation? ofcourse she is not doing this because she wants something bad for u or becasue she wants to secretly do it...She does it and tell u that she did it because she is the big mom.."mom who should know everything becasue she loves u"....it is just that she wants to be in the center of every family affair and it is not that she knows how to settle every situation at its best.Even when I talk to my gentleman(dad) without her, she can tell when my dad is not happy and she must force out the word from the poor guy(dad)..Last time i called my sister in victorial island, she told me that my mom and dad had a problem but they have settled..ofcourse it is mom's fault...she(mom) was over pampered being the last born and being a girl in her family. It might be surprise to u but listen..my mom is still being pampered by her brothers and sisters(65-79yrs old) a woman who is in her early 50s..My dad still pampers her and my moms brothers and sisters love it. This is why she will be pissed when no one is talking to her even for just a day. Why did she have problem with my dad? Becasue my dad got back from work and did not say a world to her and went to bed..wont the poor guy have some space my people? A guy that built giant boutique for u and makes sure you're ok everyday...just a night of not asking u for this will turn everything up and down...

I tell u am a little pissed saying this but that is the truth.I am a leader and the future of nigeria and I havent seen a leader who did not enter trouble with either parents...eventually things will get settled when money is comming in..

I love my mom more than anything else after christ and 2 other people.But I tell u if being mama's boy is being loving your mom...then mess love!!!!!!1!

1 Like

Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by Scorpio(f): 10:09pm On Nov 24, 2005
got to give you props for that, it's nice to find guyz that ain't all about their mother. i'm not saying you should hate her or wtv, but it's good to know that you can handle your bizwax without her interference.
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by hotangel2(f): 7:09am On Nov 25, 2005
hmmmmmmmmmmmm.... i dunno wat to say. cos i dont wanna say summin wrong.
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by Unhappy(f): 4:17pm On Mar 16, 2006
Ok this is my first time here, Im in a very tough situation that I really need some help with. Hopefully someone can help me figure out what to do, This is gonna take a while, Here goes, My boyfriend and I have been together for about a year. We've known each other and always had a "thing" for about 5 years. A few months ago, I moved in with him and his mother, About two weeks ago. We all moved into a new apartment. (Him, I, his mother, and her unofficial husband) Everything started off well. My boyfriend and I moved into the new place 3-4 days before his mother & her husband moved in. Like I said everything started off well, but everything has gone downhill. When I moved into their home, I wasnt aware of who paid what and so forth. But I do know that my boyfriend gave his mom money here and there. Now that we've moved(from a small unkept run-down apt. to a beautiful big one-family house) we obviously have to figure out our finances. Whos paying what and when etc. Well its come to the point that I am paying my part of rent, our car insurance, our car payments,bills, and food shopping, and all of the other things we NEED. Well HE is paying rent for his rent, his mother's rent and her huisbands rent. He is also paying for their private phone line and satellite TV. He also provides her with all of her spending money and gives her at least $30-$40 a day "just to keep her happy" Now mother DOES NOT work. She stays home all day-while I put in 45-50 hours of work just to keep up with expenses.
  AM I WRONG TO FEEL THAT "MOMMY" SHOULD BE A WOMAN AND TAKE CARE OF HERSELF? AM I WRONG TO FEEL THAT HE SHOULD NOT BE GIVING HER SPENDING MONEY AS IF SHE WERE A CHILD?? AM I WRONG TO FEEL THAT HE SHOULD BE HELPING ME WITH IMPORTANT THINGS FOR US BEFORE PAYING HER PHONE AND SATELLITE BILLS?   
I know this was a long message but I really need some help. I know we both love each other and I dont want this issue to tear us apart, By the way "Mommy" is only 42 years old and fully mentally and physically able to work,
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by larger20(m): 9:24pm On Mar 16, 2006
Unhappy:

Ok this is my first time here, I'm in a very tough situation that I really need some help with. Hopefully someone can help me figure out what to do, This is going to take a while, Here goes, My boyfriend and I have been together for about a year. We've known each other and always had a "thing" for about 5 years. A few months ago, I moved in with him and his mother, About two weeks ago. We all moved into a new apartment. (Him, I, his mother, and her unofficial husband) Everything started off well. My boyfriend and I moved into the new place 3-4 days before his mother & her husband moved in. Like I said everything started off well, but everything has gone downhill. When I moved into their home, I wasnt aware of who paid what and so forth. But I do know that my boyfriend gave his mom money here and there. Now that we've moved(from a small unkept run-down apt. to a beautiful big one-family house) we obviously have to figure out our finances. Whos paying what and when etc. Well its come to the point that I am paying my part of rent, our car insurance, our car payments,bills, and food shopping, and all of the other things we NEED. Well HE is paying rent for his rent, his mother's rent and her huisbands rent. He is also paying for their private phone line and satellite TV. He also provides her with all of her spending money and gives her at least $30-$40 a day "just to keep her happy" Now mother DOES NOT work. She stays home all day-while I put in 45-50 hours of work just to keep up with expenses.
AM I WRONG TO FEEL THAT "MOMMY" SHOULD BE A WOMAN AND TAKE CARE OF HERSELF? AM I WRONG TO FEEL THAT HE SHOULD NOT BE GIVING HER SPENDING MONEY AS IF SHE WERE A CHILD?? AM I WRONG TO FEEL THAT HE SHOULD BE HELPING ME WITH IMPORTANT THINGS FOR US BEFORE PAYING HER PHONE AND SATELLITE BILLS?
I know this was a long message but I really need some help. I know we both love each other and I don't want this issue to tear us apart, By the way "Mommy" is only 42 years old and fully mentally and physically able to work,

Yes you are wrong to say that mommy should be a woman and take care of hereself. Dont even mention it unless u want to get in trouble with her, the potential husband and even your boyfriend. In nigeria, it is a cultural thing for children to take care of their parents when they are up to something and this is due to the hardship of things, mothers and daddys surffer hard to raise kids in nigeria with the hope that when they grow up, the children will take care of them, if u look at life the way it is in this america, u will have problem with them,

Neverthless, american mom that worked 45 hours a week, when she gets old, social security benefit will take care of her finances, In nigeria, it is just the opposite becasue a mom could be a full time house wife plus there is nothing like social security thing in nigera. Remember that in nigeria, men vonlutarly, some say culturally take care of their wives becasue if u don't do it or if u let your wife surffer for money, other nigerians will look at u as a fool.

The best thing is this situation is for u to keep open mind, don't hold grudges for anyone. If u get annoyed, try to disappear, calm yourself down before u resurphase again. The mama, and boyfriends wife saga is almost like must -happen scenario.

What most men do is to find an apartment for him and his wife, and let the mom live some other place. This is the best. DOnt live with them, becasue more trouble are going to come underway and u will find yourself leaving the house and comming back when the boiling temprature has gone back to normal, In nigeria,mama might live in the village while the son is living in another state say lagos or abuja

Good luck
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by eveseh(f): 3:01pm On Apr 28, 2006
Angelof8:

Yeah I can't believe all this myself but its real. What makes me upset is that the problem is not really his mom but how he Let's all this happen. To me it seems he is not taking responsibility and just allows her to make all his decisions so he doesn't have to be responsibility for anything. Now as I see it, this will pit her and I against each other. But then I would loose.

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by kellorah: 7:12am On Jul 10, 2006
mama's boy is childish and stll in oedipus stage
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by Busta(f): 6:29pm On Jul 10, 2006
they tough to date let alone marry undecided

mum would always be there to tellem what to wear, what to and not to eat, when to sex their wives/gurlfriends, who to marry and not marry, how many kids to have, inshort, how to live their lives which may be good or bad, depends on the mama!

you marry/date em, u marry/date/ their mum alongside!
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by kimba(m): 4:58am On Jul 11, 2006
mama's boy is every male child born by a woman!!!
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by kellorah: 12:43pm On Jul 11, 2006
lol
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by Teezy(f): 12:05am On Jul 19, 2006
My lil bro is the biggest mama's bwoy.
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by kellorah: 2:11pm On Jul 19, 2006
if he's still small, no probs,but if he's old, then undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money / Blackson Nwanyanwu & Siblings Accused Of Beating Up Their Brother's Wife (Graphi / Two Die In Enugu Community Over Adulterous Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.