Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? (33385 Views)

I'm Expecting A Baby Boy, What Are The Essential Things To Buy? / Is There Anything Wrong With This Kiss? (photos) / My Boyfriend Wants Me To Give Up Custody Of My Little Boy, What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by Teezy(f): 5:38pm On Jul 19, 2006
lolz he's 11 cheesy
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by kellorah: 5:43pm On Jul 19, 2006
AWW!!

NO PROBS THEN. MY LIL BRUV'S 8 AND HIS MOMMY'S BOY AS WELL
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by Teezy(f): 5:46pm On Jul 19, 2006
aww well ur bro is 8, dts coo but i think my bro is a lil too old for that he needs to grow out of it shocked
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by kellorah: 5:58pm On Jul 19, 2006
yeah! speak to him
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by nyabinghi(m): 10:04am On Jun 18, 2007
Why won't we be mama's boy(s).
She was there while we were in the womb, while we went to school, while we were sick, while we were confused and tired of life, when we don't know what to do. When we were in grave danger. Kill your mama and see how it feels not to have a mother. I prefer my mum to any woman on the earth. She is my earthly"God".

U needn't tell all your secrets to your mum, but its better to confide in your mum than someone else.
I have this serious poser, how many women would stay when a man's night turns to day or vice-versa.
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by uspry1(f): 1:01am On Jun 20, 2007
I cannot stand with guy who is mama's boy if he is over 30 yr old and has stable job, still live with his own mother for rest of his life and rely on his mother's decisions to be made for him all the time, he can't make his own decision himself. No way!!!
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by JeSoul(f): 1:57pm On Aug 07, 2007
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One?
« #12 on: October 05, 2005, 05:33 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A mama's boy in my opinion is a boy that is tied to the strings of his mama's apron. A boy that refuses to grow up to be a man. still dependent on her for the air he breathes. his mummy says you wont marry till you are 50, you and your wife will leave with us at home, your wife must cook rice for breakfast etc. i have a friend who is married to a mummy's boy. the mum actually dictates how much he gives his wife for food per month. no big deal with your mum knowing the 411 but a boy has to grow up to be a man. personally i dislike mama's boys

WORD!!! Is there anything more of a turn off than a mama's boy? I could never go out with one. You're no longer a baby, grow up and become a man who is not still being spoonfed and dictated to on how he should live his life. Can ur mama give you what ur wife/girlfriend can?
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by moondust(m): 3:51pm On Aug 07, 2007
A mama's boy is a doomed fellow who'll never make a headway for himself b'cos he thinks he needs his mother to think 4 him. period!
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by Bblak(f): 11:51am On Aug 08, 2007
Mamas boy! 

It sucks.

Can't settle for one

i'm out of here. lipsrsealed
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by AT: 7:32am On Jan 01, 2008
I have a story about a mama's boy who happens to be my (creepy) nextdoor neighbor.  A few years ago his parents built a new house for themselves and also built a new house down the street for their son and his wife.  After 2 years he sold the house and split the profits w/ his parents and he and his wife moved in w/ the parents.  The guy is 33 years old and has tons of money in the bank but refuses to buy a house of his own.  They spend every weekend w/ the parents and if that isn't bad enough the mother buys him ALL his groceries and cooks all his meals for him.  He talks to his parents on the phone constantly.  When they go out for a little while he calls his daddy to let him know he's on his way home.  I always know they're on their way back b/c daddy opens the garage door and waits for them outside.  I don't know how the wife can tolerate that kind of nonsense but if that was me I'd have gotten out of that marriage a long time ago.
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by Arnold1(m): 8:55pm On Jan 01, 2008
One thing about Mama's boys that I don't like is they have a hard time knowing
where to draw the line between the relationship they have with their Moms and
the women in their lives.

I am not saying all Mama's boys are like this, but I believe the bulk of them are.
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by AT: 2:24am On Jan 02, 2008
I agree Arnold1. I wonder if they even realize they are a bit strange? And I think the only thing that may be worse than a mama's boy is the woman that puts up w/ his nonsense.
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by sylvex(f): 5:37pm On Jan 08, 2008
@ Poster
Who's a mama's boy?

A guy tired to mom's apron!!

What's wrong with being one?

He's just going to continue answering his mum's beck and calls even after he has finally find his soulmate.
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by naticatty: 8:55pm On Apr 21, 2008
A momma's boy is a man whom didn't grown up and needs his mother aproval about everything.
It is also a man who didn't grown up who will break up with his girlfriend because his mother doesn't like her, or hands his paycheck to his mother to take care of it.
Those mothers are bad mothers because they teach those boys to never grown up and look for her for protection and confort. Some of those men do get married because mommy can't give them the love that a wife can give - and another thing. But when they fight with their wife, they run to mother because she can give them ADVICES! Please! That's ridiculous!
Those mothers are usually sexually frustrated or have a really bad marriage so they become attached to their son and see them as the husband they wanted to have.

The only way to make those stupid males to grown up is if they fall hard in love or if their mother pass away.
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by terrora45: 3:41am On May 11, 2008
About momma's boy, HUGE RED FLAG, especially if they say they are one without being asked!!
Example of one guy I dated,
37 years old, on our FIRST date called his mom when I went to the bathroom. I jokingly said "I can't believe you called your mom on our FIRST date". He said that he had to remind her to pick his shirts up at the cleaners for him. He didn't live at home but he lived 5 minutes from her, which he probably thought was far.
She had a key to his apartment.
She loaned him his car when his was in the shop (instead of renting which most adults do)
She met him at the bank and cashed his cheques for him. (His credit was bad so he couldn't get a bank account. Finally his dad cosigned so he could get a checking account)
He was proud of himself that finally after all these years he was "helping" his mom out because he picked up his own plate and utensils and put them in the dishwasher after dinner at her place.
He went to her place to do laundry on Sundays, sometimes she'd do it for him.
He told his mom he would never get married without her approval of his girlfriend.
I told him if we ever got married (I passed the momma test smiley ) I wanted to move to Colorado. It is half way between his Canada (where I am from) and Texas where we met. I also wanted to live near the mountains. After a while he went back on his deal because he would rather live a day's drive (for his parents) away if we HAD to move, so he wanted to live in New Mexico.
His mom called when her and the father were on vacation!! I asked "Does your mom always call when she goes on vacation?" He said "Well I haven't talked to her for two days". His mom called him so much at work that one of the guys teased him about it. , he said something sarcastic like "Do you have to talk to your mommy first." This was someone that didn't know him well but sat in the next cubicle so he could hear him.

MEN WHO THING YOU ARE A MOMMA'S BOY There is nothing cute or enduring about it. It is a turn off and will ruin ANY relationship. No woman wants to compete with momma and she will lose total respect for you.
Terrie
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by missfine76: 3:54am On Feb 17, 2009
I am sorta dating a mama's boy for almost 2 years and he will be 39 this year, He is not allowed to come over and spend the weekend with me and my Valentine's day sucked because of that. The thing is I keep trying with this guy, and I'm a single parent so it is hard on me and my kids. Is there a way to get him to be just mine?
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by maria33: 8:05pm On Apr 17, 2009
Now, lets be mature adults here and not split hairs. There is a difference between being respectful and loving your mother (as you should), and being a mama's boy. I always knew that my boyfriend was a mama's boy, to an extent. However, it was recently that I realized there WAS no extent. She is nearing her 60's and she still doesnt have her life together. Her credit is shot because she likes getting things the "easy way" instead of working hard and doing it right. She keeps trying to get her son to allow her to move in with him (32 years old) and his teenage son. She and he are constantly going in circles borrowing money and repaying each other back. I'm perplexed, thinking, "HELLO!!!! If YOU WOULD JUST FRIKIN MANAGE YOUR MONEY RIGHT, YOU WOULDN'T BE ASKING YOUR ADULT SON CONSTANTLY!!!" But what do I know, undecided

She calls him at least twice a day, if not more, just to say, "oh, uhh, I was just wondering what you were doing, I didn't want nuthin." She is the most backwards, selfish person I know. What wouldn't she want to see her son be responsible and have a wife and a normal life? This woman spends money like there's no tomorrow, yet she doesnt want to help out her husband with paying the bills, (this is why she wants to move out of their home, not divorce, just move out). She said, " I aint helpin him pay nuthin! He's the man, he should pay for me!"Yet, she wants to move in with my boyfriend (her son) , and think shes not going to pay rent. See? She just wants someone to take care of her, lazy ass.

Today, we're talking on the phone and he puts me on hold to answer another of his mother's calls (about nuthin, ) He gets back on the phone, says hes having a hard time hearing me and that he'll call me back. When he doesnt call me back or answer my texts, I call him. What do ya know!! He's BACK talking to her! He tells me he'll call me back and I say, "ok. and hang up", he calls back and gets mad because I had an attitude. He said, "you should be used to the fact that my mothers calls all the time for nothing, if it were your mom, and she was calling you all the time just to talk I'd probably be annoyed, but I'd understand that she came first too."

That was it for me. "She comes first?" WTF! I feel like saying, "Ive had enough. Im not wasting my time with someone who put him "mommy" first. I was so furious! It makes me sick, of course the self doubt kicks in and I think "is this the worst it gets? At least hes not abusive to me,

Any feedback?
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by tubabie(f): 4:17pm On Apr 18, 2009
maria33:

Now, lets be mature adults here and not split hairs. There is a difference between being respectful and loving your mother (as you should), and being a mama's boy. I always knew that my boyfriend was a mama's boy, to an extent. However, it was recently that I realized there WAS no extent. She is nearing her 60's and she still doesnt have her life together. Her credit is shot because she likes getting things the "easy way" instead of working hard and doing it right. She keeps trying to get her son to allow her to move in with him (32 years old) and his teenage son. She and he are constantly going in circles borrowing money and repaying each other back. I'm perplexed, thinking, "HELLO!!!! If YOU WOULD JUST FRIKIN MANAGE YOUR MONEY RIGHT, YOU WOULDN'T BE ASKING YOUR ADULT SON CONSTANTLY!!!" But what do I know, undecided

She calls him at least twice a day, if not more, just to say, "oh, uhh, I was just wondering what you were doing, I didn't want nuthin." She is the most backwards, selfish person I know. What wouldn't she want to see her son be responsible and have a wife and a normal life? This woman spends money like there's no tomorrow, yet she doesnt want to help out her husband with paying the bills, (this is why she wants to move out of their home, not divorce, just move out). She said, " I aint helpin him pay nuthin! He's the man, he should pay for me!"Yet, she wants to move in with my boyfriend (her son) , and think shes not going to pay rent. See? She just wants someone to take care of her, lazy ass.

Today, we're talking on the phone and he puts me on hold to answer another of his mother's calls (about nuthin, ) He gets back on the phone, says hes having a hard time hearing me and that he'll call me back. When he doesnt call me back or answer my texts, I call him. What do ya know!! He's BACK talking to her! He tells me he'll call me back and I say, "ok. and hang up", he calls back and gets mad because I had an attitude. He said, "you should be used to the fact that my mothers calls all the time for nothing, if it were your mom, and she was calling you all the time just to talk I'd probably be annoyed, but I'd understand that she came first too."

That was it for me. "She comes first?" WTF! I feel like saying, "Ive had enough. Im not wasting my time with someone who put him "mommy" first. I was so furious! It makes me sick, of course the self doubt kicks in and I think "is this the worst it gets? At least hes not abusive to me,

Any feedback?

It can get worse but it really depends on your tolerance threshold. How much more are u willing to take before you snap?
I personally avoid momma's boys like a plague angry
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by Jasmine09(f): 7:57pm On Jun 02, 2009
I'm 19 years old and just resently got engaged and moved in with my feince. I love him and his family, but sometimes its just too much! My man is 21, has 2 brothers and 2 sisters. Although there are 4 other childern, hes the one they all come running to. Like I said, we just moved in together, but sometimes I dont feel as if we have because hes constanly having to help them! When the older kids, including my feince we growing up, all of them had to be out of bed early on saturdays doing chores, but not the youngest who is allowed to sleep in as late as he wants, even until 5 pm! Yes my man is strong, and knows how to use his hands, but his family needs to learn how to do things on their OWN! I am an only child, and my parents and I dont have a great relationship like him and his family, and sometimes Im thankful for that. What really made me mad is how mad at me he got for wanting to go back and stay with my mom for one night because I was having a colonoscopy the next day and we all know whats going on the night before, then he wasn't even there that night because his family needed him! You're all lucky to go up against just the mom. I'm going up against his 4 sibilings and mom and dad! Now his mommy is sad that he moved out, so I have to hear about all the pain I caused (not even from his mom, but him!!!) The other night we got in a huge fight and I told him that if hes that upset about hurting her, he can move back in. He choose to stay and I'm thankfull, but it hurts me whenever he talks about how much he misses them or they need him and miss him and what not. Like I said he has a younger brother, who still lives at home, but doesnt do a darn thing because mommy says he needs his sleep. He needs his sleep for what, more sleep or to watch tv and play computer games? angry
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 04, 2010
am sure a lotta nl dudes r mommas boy who will likely ask their mother whether dey shud go check their wives afta putin 2 bed grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin dey r called BABY MARRIED MEN , in other words dey r married but dont want 2 live their mommas. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked i wonder wot will become of mommas boy (especially d spoilt last borns) wen d old lady dies lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed their wives will be in trouble tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue wen i see mommas boy i take off because i dont want an old woman who will tell my hubby d style of luv makin we shud av n who will pip in d rum wen we r doing d do cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? by desthan(m): 1:18pm On Jul 05, 2010
Mommas boy. . . . Cliché undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blackson Nwanyanwu & Siblings Accused Of Beating Up Their Brother's Wife (Graphi / Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money / Two Die In Enugu Community Over Adulterous Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.