Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,219 members, 7,811,610 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

Alternate Reasoning - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Alternate Reasoning (717 Views)

Do Atheists Have Any Reasoning Ability At All- Criticizing THE TEN COMMANDMENTS? / Islamic Reasoning (picture) / Trust God, Not Human Reasoning - My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alternate Reasoning by Eddlad: 10:45pm On Jan 25, 2015
The purpose of this thread is solely supposed to create an avenue for back and forth sharing of knowledge but in as much as that is the case posters should be on topic.I will share some of the questions and views often asked or raised and try to debunk, enlightened, add to or provide different perspective. All views and opinions are welcomed.

GOD CURES CANCER BUT CANNOT BOIL AN EGG

Religious people think God can create a universe from nothing but they know he can't mow a lawn. He can cure cancer but can't boil an egg.

I sometimes wonder why people think God can do impossibly hard things when they know he cannot do the simplest things a child can do. Why do we think God can do some things but not others?

It seems that God CANNOT do anything that has a fully predictable outcome. We know how to boil an egg but leave the egg, saucepan and water out for God to do the job and it will never happen.

However, we do not know how to cure a common cold. Colds almost always get better but we cannot predict exactly when you will recover. That is where God comes in.

There is a place for God in any process that we do not fully understand or that has an outcome that can be predicted only as a probability. There's a great probability of driving safely from Lagos to Ibadan so that's a job for God. And guess what? God takes care of you 99.98% of the time. Perfect, God works!

No, God does not work. God is self-deception on an industrial scale.

Came across this sometime today and realise its commonly asked so lets start with this.
Yeah, so why not just destroy the devil and lets get on with it? Why allow terrorist, rapist , serial killers , corrupt politicians , and whatnot operate?
Lets cite an instance where an only child of a couple is about die from say a terminal disease, upon being faced with this reality they pray to God and he answers and heals her.Twenty years down the line the mother falls victim to yet another and they besiege God to save her also, so then I ask does there come a time they reconcile with the inevitability and not seek Gods help?why and when?
I believe has his own ways of helping whiles still maintaining balance and purpose of life.
My post and views may not profer solutions which we individually seek but hopefully it will provide fresh perspective and appreciation of different reasoning as it unfolds.
Re: Alternate Reasoning by adexsimply(m): 11:33pm On Jan 25, 2015
Omnipotence Paradox cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Opinion About The Wedding Vows? / 7 Things To Remember When You Think God Has Abandoned You / Nigeria Transgender Stephanie Rose Blaspheming God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.