Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,923 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo (53232 Views)

Buhari Vs Jonathan: Opinion Polls By Pulse TV (Videos) / Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo / Buhari Vs Jonathan:beyond the election,by Charles Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by owobokiri(m): 6:47am On Jan 26, 2015
LRNZH:
Generally good piece from Soludo.

That said, he has over hyped OBJ and IBB's regimes. What happened to Murtala/OBJ regime in the 70s which laid the groundwork for Nigeria's development as we know it today?

Why not enforse GMB who is surrounded by proven technocrats and progressives?
GEJ grade F is true. But staying undecided is a vote for the incumbent. Soludo may be on the fence to avoid the ire of Igbo's who are mostly Pro-GEJ but he needs to stop burying his head in sand.

GMB is untested under current economic conditions but that is a better choice than a confirmed Grade F failure like GEJ. GMB still has the room to score from grade A to F.

Thank you former CBN Governor.

Your GMBs economic hallucinations are dead on arrival if you place much emphasis on the erudite summations above. Same with that of GEJ. . Honestly to make head or tail out of this masterpieace of an article, you will have to exorcise yourself of your partisan demons. . . Unfortunately, even in Aso rock, there wont be any shortage of petty minds ever willing to whimsically dismiss Soludos summations based cheifly on similar absurd accusations made in your very unfortunate post above. ,

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by Chigold101(m): 6:48am On Jan 26, 2015
alaoeri:

Despise the messenger & not the message spot on Soludo, hope ndigbo won't disown him for this?
lolzzz... Read my piece well. U will see where i said it has some elements of truth but he coated i with lies.

He made some notable points... I never disagreed with that...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by omenka(m): 6:55am On Jan 26, 2015

Most people seem to confuse ‘inputs’, or ‘processes’ with output. Earlier this month, I had a dinner with a group of friends (14 of us) and we were chit-chatting about Nigeria.

One of us, an associate of President Jonathan veered off to repeat a propaganda mantra that Jonathan had outperformed his predecessors. He also reminded us that Jonathan re-based the GDP and that Nigeria is now the biggest economy in Africa; etc. It was fun listening to the response by others. In sum, the group agreed that the President had ‘outperformed’ his predecessors except that it is in reverse order.

First, my friend was educated that re-basing the GDP is no achievement: it is a routine statistical exercise, and depending on the base year that you choose, you get a different GDP figure. Re- basing the GDP has nothing to do with government policy.

Besides, as naira-dollar exchange rate continues to depreciate, the GDP in current dollars will also shrink considerably soon.

We were reminded of Jonathan’s agricultural
‘revolution’. But someone cut in and noted that
for all the propaganda, the growth rate of the
agricultural sector in the last five years still
remains far below the performance under
Obasanjo. One of us reminded him that no other president had presided over the slaughter of about 15,000 people by insurgents in a
peacetime; no other president earned up to 50%
of the amount of resources the current
government earned from oil and yet with very
little outcomes; no other president had the rate
of borrowing; none had significant forex
earnings and yet did not add one penny to
foreign reserves but losing international
reserves at a time of boom; no other president
had a depreciating exchange rate at a time of
export boom; at no time in Nigeria’s history has
poverty reached 71% (even under Abacha, it was
67 -70%); and under no other president did unemployment reach 24%.

Surely, these are unprecedented records and he
surely ‘outperformed’ his predecessors! What a
satire!
Wow!!! This is pure gold!! Thank you sir Charles! I hope these little jesters that come here to promote all those lies that bear stark contrast with realities on ground are reading this. And I hope the genuinely ignorant fellows that have been sold the lies over time can now take a step back and see for themselves what terrible dummies they've been sold.

By and large, Jonathan has added not a single substance to the economy of this nation since he came on board. All those statistics reeled out to the public about fledging economy by Iweala are all a tissue of lies.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by TheRealAdonye(m): 6:58am On Jan 26, 2015
[size=14pt]
The most unbiased read about this elections you'll find anywhere.[/size]

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by Chigold101(m): 6:59am On Jan 26, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Ok he hasn't forgotten because he lost, fine!! Has he lied in this piece. Keep in my mind he criticized both parties.
did he really criticiz both parties...? Lolzzz
Read the piece again. He only criticized their campaign strategy and then started running down GEJ‘s government.
He is very economical with the truth my dear. And half truth is a lie.
However, both parties can still learn something from what he said...
Tryn to talk pooh about Peter Obi now after he almost went begging him to allow him contest in 2013 is still very funny. Come to Anambra state and see for yourself. Obiano in less than a year is already being celebrated cos he is bulding on foundations layed by Peter Obi.

And Soludo is here making the noise people make when their enemy is succeding

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by ACM10: 7:02am On Jan 26, 2015
Nice piece!

Soludo has once again justified the respect I have for him. If APC could convince me with facts and figures, I won't mind voting for them. But this mad rush for power makes them no different from PDP. We know that there is tough time ahead, and Soludo rightly stated it. This is what the politicians are not telling Nigerians. Where will APC get the money to pay for their welfare packages? I find some of their promises ridiculous and unrealistic.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by shizzle11(m): 7:03am On Jan 26, 2015
Sooo long. Will read later

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by ACM10: 7:06am On Jan 26, 2015
Chigold101:
Read the piece again. He only criticized their campaign strategy and then started running down GEJ‘s government.
Tryn to talk pooh about Peter Obi now after he almost went begging him to allow him contest in 2013 is still very funny. Come to Anambra state and see for yourself. Obiano in less than a year is already being celebrated cos he is bulding on foundations layed by Peter Obi.

Chino what do you expect him to do? The opposition has not tasted power yet. So the only thing left for him is to analyse their campaign promises. GEJ is the one in power, so he must analyse his achievement. Did he tell lies?

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by mrmetoo1: 7:07am On Jan 26, 2015
Chigold101:

I'm sorry to say this but I really don't care about what's going on in Anambra and I really don't mean it in a bad way. My concern is Nigeria, if Soludo has said half truths like you said, point them out and let's discuss. You trying to dismiss it because of some election in Anambra doesn't make a lot of sense to me

16 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by BlackTechnology: 7:07am On Jan 26, 2015
Chigold101:
Soluda has once again proven that he is a weak man. A man i so much loved but his unforgiven spirit is second to none.

Soludo is writing like this against GEJ because GEJ is the reason why he lost Anambra election in 2010(I worked as member of his campaign team).

In 2013 he joined APGA and was talked about how to continue with Obi‘s good work as governor of Anambra state but Obi who already had Obiano in mind used style to push Soludo aside...

He joined Atiku‘s camp in 2011 thinking that GEJ will lose at the PDP primaries, but their camp was disgraced. Now he has come here to cause confusion in the polity because all he wants is to see GEJ disgraced, but it will not work for him in Jesus name.

This is how his unforgiven spirit made him to make sure that Dora Akunyiri (his wife‘s aunty. Dora is the younger sister to the wife‘s mother) never win Anambra central senatoral sit. He took it upon himself to make sure that Ngige is decleard the winner even when there was a little confusion in few constituencie. All because Dora through GEJ & Abuja PDP helped Peter Obi defeat him in 2010.

As an insider who knows the fight going on between Soludo, GEJ & Obi am not suprised at all with the this piece. It has some elements of truth but it is coated with many sweet lies.

He took sabatical after Peter Obi messed him up in 2013 prior to Anambra state guber election. Which sabatical? He went in to leak his wounds...

He thinks he has seen where to nail GEJ.

I sensed it too when he called GEJ's economic advisers traders.

Anyway

GEJ should learn somethings especially his point on True Federalism

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 26, 2015
Brilliant piece by Soludo, unfortunately this a country where intelligent people are in the minority. Hopefully if APC wins, he will be part of the economic team.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by pedel: 7:20am On Jan 26, 2015
So how is your comment relevant to the points raised in this thesis?
Chigold101:
Soluda has once again proven that he is a weak man. A man i so much loved but his unforgiven spirit is second to none.

Soludo is writing like this against GEJ because GEJ is the reason why he lost Anambra election in 2010(I worked as member of his campaign team).

In 2013 he joined APGA and was talked about how to continue with Obi‘s good work as governor of Anambra state but Obi who already had Obiano in mind used style to push Soludo aside...

He joined Atiku‘s camp in 2011 thinking that GEJ will lose at the PDP primaries, but their camp was disgraced. Now he has come here to cause confusion in the polity because all he wants is to see GEJ disgraced, but it will not work for him in Jesus name.

This is how his unforgiven spirit made him to make sure that Dora Akunyiri (his wife‘s aunty. Dora is the younger sister to the wife‘s mother) never win Anambra central senatoral sit. He took it upon himself to make sure that Ngige is decleard the winner even when there was a little confusion in few constituencie. All because Dora through GEJ & Abuja PDP helped Peter Obi defeat him in 2010.

As an insider who knows the fight going on between Soludo, GEJ & Obi am not suprised at all with the this piece. It has some elements of truth but it is coated with many sweet lies.

He took sabatical after Peter Obi messed him up in 2013 prior to Anambra state guber election. Which sabatical? He went in to leak his wounds...

He thinks he has seen where to nail GEJ.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by domack99(m): 7:22am On Jan 26, 2015
If only PDP stop pushing all the irrelevant allegation on APC and focus on main issue that is bothering the country, APC has been busy defending several false allegations labeled on them by the opposition party.

This is a nice write up, in fact a great one, but I wish Soludo is not sitting on the fence at least so far we know those that try to campaign on issue base and has a manifesto similar to what he outline

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by ACM10: 7:24am On Jan 26, 2015
Dear Seun and Obinoscopy, please move this thread to where it rightly belongs::::> FP

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by omenka(m): 7:27am On Jan 26, 2015
sincerenigerian:
How I wish Nigerians can read this piece from top to bottom. This piece should be an eye opener for all of us.

Good piece from Prof. Soludo.
I read every single word. This is a cutting edge masterpiece! I haven't the slightest of doubt Abati and co would do all they can to ensure Jonathan doesn't lay his hand on the paper. It might make him question all the things he's been told from day one because as it stands, the man seems completely detached from reality, dancing in the rain while his house is on fire.

One thing I know for sure is that Buhari will reduce to the barest minimum the cost of governance. He will do away with all those aircraft Jonathan secured for the presidency for God-only-knows which cost billions annually to maintain. He will free up more funds for capital commitments by ridding the executive of the retinue of needless aides, assistants, and advisers and senior special advisers.

There are just too many means of cutting costs and freeing up more funds to finance capital projects but believe me, it might backfire should Buhari mention some of those things on his campaign. So for now, I'm in support of him limiting his manifesto to what he's been telling us, the stakes are just too damn high to make any daredevil pronouncements at the moment. smiley

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by dahunsy(f): 7:28am On Jan 26, 2015
coughs***clears throat....Doyin okupe over to you

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by itsmine: 7:44am On Jan 26, 2015
great piece frm d oracle himself. dis ar d intellectuals we need around us.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by cutestA: 7:51am On Jan 26, 2015
I read the piece Soludo raised some vital pointys before he became consumed by the innate hatred he has for Gej and peter Obi for messing him up during Anambra guber election. Notwithstanding,he made some valid points but for the hidden agenda to discredit the achievements of the current government

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by condralbede(m): 7:54am On Jan 26, 2015
let me put on my glasses and read it.am coming
Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by zimoni(f): 7:54am On Jan 26, 2015
Word.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by 1stola: 7:54am On Jan 26, 2015
sincerenigerian:
How I wish Nigerians can read this piece from top to bottom. This piece should be an eye opener for all of us.

Good piece from Prof. Soludo.
SORRY MAN!
I can't.
SAI GMB ALL THE WAY.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by Richard6(m): 7:56am On Jan 26, 2015
Its like dis thread is full of long long replies, let me look for anoda thread to read, i dnt hv strength dis morning.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by joseph1013: 7:56am On Jan 26, 2015
There is no moral justification for supporting GEJ's re-election. None!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by Horrlah(f): 7:59am On Jan 26, 2015
Tomoarika:
Let me digress a bit to refresh our memory on where we are, and thus provide the context in which to evaluate the promises being made to us. Recall that the key word of the 2015 budget is ‘austerity’. Austerity? This is just within a few months of the fall in oil prices. History repeats itself in a very cruel way, as this was exactly what happened under the Shehu Shagari administration. Under the Shagari government, oil price reached its highest in 1980/81.
During the same period, Nigeria ratcheted up its
consumption and all tiers of government were in
competition as to which would out-borrow the other.
Huge public debt was the consequence. When oil
prices crashed in early 1982, the National Assembly
then passed the Economic Stabilization (Austerity
Measures) Act in one day— going through the first,
second, and third readings the same day. The
austerity measures included the rationing of
‘essential commodities’ and most states owed salary arrears. Corruption was said to be pervasive, and as Sani Abacha said in that famous coup speech, ‘unemployment has reached unacceptable
proportions and our hospitals have become mere
consulting clinics’. General Muhammadu Buhari/
Tunde Idiagbon regime made the fight against
corruption and restoration of discipline the cardinal
point of their administration which lasted for 20
months. I am not sure they had a credible plan to get the economy out of the doldrums (although it must be admitted that poverty incidence in Nigeria as of 1985 when they left office was a just46%— according to the Federal Office of Statistics).
We have come full circle. If the experience under
Shagari could be excused as an unexpected shock,
what Nigeria is going through now is a consequence
of our deliberate wrong choices. We have always
known that the unprecedented oil boom (in both
price and quantity—despite oil theft) of the last six
years is temporary but the government chose to
treat it as a permanent shock.

The parallels with the Shagari regime are troubling. First, at the time of oil boom, Nigeria again went on a consumption spree such that the budgets of the last five years can best be described as ‘consumption budgets’, with new borrowing by the federal government exceeding the actual expenditure on critical infrastructure.

Second, not one penny was added to the stock of foreign reserves at a period Nigeria earned hundreds of billions from oil. For comparisons, President Obasanjo met about $5 billion in foreign reserves, and the average monthly oil price for the 72 months he was in office was $38, and yet he left $43 billion in foreign reserves after paying $12 billion to write-off Nigeria’s external debt. In the last five years, the average monthly oil price has been over $100, and the quantity also higher but our foreign reserves have been declining and exchange rate depreciating.
I note that when I assumed office as Governor of CBN, the stock of foreign reserves was $10 billion.
The average monthly oil price during my 60 months
in office was $59, but foreign reserve reached the all- time peak of $62 billion (and despite paying $12 billion for external debt, and losing over $15 billion during the unprecedented global financial and economic crisis) I left behind $45 billion. Recall also that our exchange rate continuously appreciated during this period and was at N117 to the dollar before the global crisis and we deliberately allowed it to depreciate in order to preserve our reserves. My calculation is that if the economy was better managed, our foreign reserves should have been between $102 –$118 billion and exchange rate around N112 before the fall in oil prices. As of now, the reserves should be around $90 billion and exchange rate no higher than N125 per dollar.

Third, the rate of public debt accumulation at a time
of unprecedented boom had no parallel in the world.
While the Obasanjo administration bought and
enlarged the policy space for Nigeria, the current
government has sold and constricted it. What debt
relief did for Nigeria was to liberate Nigeria policymakers from the intrusive conditionalities of
the creditors and thereby truly allowing Nigeria
independence in its public policy. How have we used the independence? Through our own choices, we have yet again tied the hands of future policymakers.
This time, the debt is not necessarily to foreign
creditor institutions/governments which are organized under the Paris club but largely to private
agents which is even more volatile. We call it
domestic debt. But if one carefully unpacks the bond portfolio, what percentage of it is held by foreign private agents? And I understand the Government had removed the speed bumps we kept to slow the speed of capital flight, and someone is sweating to explain the gyrations in foreign reserves. I am just smiling!

In sum, the mismanagement of our economy has
brought us once more to the brink. Government
officials rely on the artificial construct of debt to GDP ratio to tell us we can borrow as much as we want.
That is nonsense, especially for an economy with a mono but highly volatile source of revenue and forex earnings. The chicken will soon come home to roost.
Today, the combined domestic and external debt of
the Federal Government is in excess of $40 billion.
Add to this the fact that abandoned capital projects
littered all over the country amount to over $50
billion. No word yet on other huge contingent
liabilities. If oil prices continue to fall, I bet that
Nigeria will soon have a heavy debt burden even with low debt to GDP ratio. Furthermore, given the current and capital account regime, it is evident that Nigeria does not have enough foreign reserves to adequately cover for imports plus short term liabilities. In essence, we are approaching the classic of what the Shagari government faced, and no wonder the hasty introduction of ‘austerity measures’ again.

Fourth, poverty incidence and unemployment are
also simultaneously at all-time high levels. According
to the NBS, poverty incidence grew to 69% in 2010
and projected to be 71% in 2011, with
unemployment at 24%. This is the worst record in
Nigeria’s history, and the paradox is that this
happened during the unprecedented oil boom.
One theme I picked up listening to the campaign
rallies as well as to some of the propagandists is the
confusion about measuring government
“performance”. Most people seem to confuse
‘inputs’, or ‘processes’ with output. Earlier this
month, I had a dinner with a group of friends (14 of
us) and we were chit-chatting about Nigeria. One of
us, an associate of President Jonathan veered off to
repeat a propaganda mantra that Jonathan had
outperformed his predecessors. He also reminded us that Jonathan re-based the GDP and that Nigeria is now the biggest economy in Africa; etc. It was fun listening to the response by others. In sum, the
group agreed that the President had ‘outperformed’
his predecessors except that it is in reverse order.

First, my friend was educated that re-basing the GDP is no achievement: it is a routine statistical exercise, and depending on the base year that you choose, you get a different GDP figure. Re-basing the GDP has nothing to do with government policy. Besides, as naira-dollar exchange rate continues to depreciate, the GDP in current dollars will also shrink considerably soon.
We were reminded of Jonathan’s agricultural
‘revolution’. But someone cut in and noted that for all the propaganda, the growth rate of the agricultural sector in the last five years still remains far below the performance under Obasanjo. One of us reminded him that no other president had presided over the slaughter of about 15,000 people by insurgents in a peacetime; no other president earned up to 50% of the amount of resources the current government earned from oil and yet with very little outcomes; no other president had the rate of borrowing; none had significant forex earnings and yet did not add one penny to foreign reserves but losing international reserves at a time of boom; no other president had a depreciating exchange rate at a time of export boom; at no time in Nigeria’s history has poverty reached 71% (even under Abacha, it was 67 -70%); and under
no other president did unemployment reach 24%.
Surely, these are unprecedented records and he
surely ‘outperformed’ his predecessors! What a
satire!

One of those present took the satire to some level by comparing Jonathan to the ‘performance’ of the
former Governor of Anambra, Peter Obi. He noted
that while Obi gloated about ‘savings’, there is no
signature project to remember his regime except
that his regime took the first position among all
states in Nigeria in the democratization of poverty—-mass impoverishment of the people of Anambra.
According to the National Bureau of Statistics,
poverty rose under his watch in Anambra from 20%
in 2004 (lowest in Nigeria then) to 68% in 2010 (a
238% deterioration!). Our friend likened it to a father who had no idea of what to do with his resources and was celebrating his fat bank account while his children were dying of kwashiorkor. He pointed out that since it is the likes of Peter Obi who are the advisers to Jonathan on how to manage the economy (thereby confusing micromanagement which you do as a trader with macro governance) it is little wonder that poverty is fast becoming another name for Nigeria. It was a very hilarious evening.

My advice to President Jonathan and his handlers is
to stop wasting their time trying to campaign on his
job record. Those who have decided to vote for him
will not do so because he has taken Nigeria to the
moon. His record on the economy is a clear ‘F’ grade. As one reviews the laundry list of micro interventions the government calls its achievements, one wonders whether such list is all that the government could deliver with an unprecedented oil boom and an unprecedented public debt accumulation. I can clearly see why reasonable people are worried.
Thanks so much for this piece.

Everywhere else in the world, government
performance on the economy is measured by some
outcome variables such as: income (GDP growth
rate), stability of prices (inflation and exchange rate), unemployment rate, poverty rate, etc. On all these scores, this government has performed worse than its immediate predecessor— Obasanjo regime.
If we appropriately adjust for oil income and debt, then this government is the worst in our history on the economy. All statistics are from the National Bureau of Statistics.
Despite presiding over the biggest oil boom in our
history, it has not added one percentage point to the growth rate of GDP compared to the Obasanjo regime especially the 2003- 07 period. Obasanjo met GDP growth rate at 2% but averaged 7% within 2003- 07.
The current government has been stuck at 6%
despite an unprecedented oil boom. Income (GDP)
growth has actually performed worse, and poverty
escalated. This is the only government in our history where rapidly increasing government expenditure was associated with increasing poverty. The director general of NBS stated in his written press conference address in 2011 that about 112 million Nigerians were living in poverty. Is this the record to defend?
Obama had a tough time in his re-election in 2012
because unemployment reached 8%. Here,
unemployment is at a record 24% and poverty at an
all-time 71% but people are prancing around,
gloating about ‘performance’. As I write, the Naira
exchange rate to the dollar is $210 at the parallel
market. What a historic performance! Please save
your breathe and save us the embarrassment. The
President promised Nigeria nothing in the last
election and we did not get value for money. He
should this time around present us with his plan for
the future, and focus on how he would redeem
himself in the second term—if he wins!
Sadly the government’s economic team is very weak, dominated by self-interested and self-conflicted group of traders and businessmen, and so-called economic team meetings have been nothing but showbiz time. The very people government exists to regulate have seized the levers of government as policymakers and most government institutions have largely been “privatized” to them. Mention any major
government department or agency and someone will tell you whom it has been ‘allocated’ to, and the
person subsequently nominates his minion to occupy the seat. What do you then expect? The economy seems to be on auto pilot, with confusion as to who is in charge, and government largely as a constraint.
There are no big ideas, and it is difficult to see where economic policy is headed to. My thesis is that the Nigerian economy, if properly managed, should have been growing at an annual rate of about 12% given the oil boom, and poverty and unemployment should have fallen dramatically over the last five years. This is topic for another day.
Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by kingopta(m): 8:03am On Jan 26, 2015
food for thought for the politicians

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by ramalot(m): 8:05am On Jan 26, 2015
smiley

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by jmoore(m): 8:07am On Jan 26, 2015
Summary is that PDP and APC got nothing to offer. Same politicians with mediocrity written on their faces.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by sucess001(m): 8:07am On Jan 26, 2015
[size=24pt]Jonathan's Government innefective- Obama

https://www.nairaland.com/2112872/international-indictment-jonathans-govt-innefective [/size]
Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by bxcode(m): 8:08am On Jan 26, 2015
God bless Prof Soludo for this piece, the truth is that until we start asking questions and not just change the slogans of all these political parties, they will continue to feet us with lies from the pit of hell disguised as promises. God will help us, and I so much believe that come what may, Nigeria will attain that sustainable height in my generation no matter the selfish plans of those APC and PDP chieftains.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by otokx(m): 8:12am On Jan 26, 2015
Nigerians should brace up for some belt tigtning measures.
Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by otokx(m): 8:13am On Jan 26, 2015
jmoore:
Summary is that PDP and APC got nothing to offer. Same politicians with mediocrity written on their faces.

Truly

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by damola1: 8:14am On Jan 26, 2015
Soludo, you are right for most of what you wrote. But still you are a learner when it comes to politics.

Did awolowo you spoke about, with such figures win the election? NO.

Politics is not played with intelligent figures, this is just the fact, thats why you can't win an election. How many of the voters are as figure smart as you? so what's the use of speaking big grammar to someone like you, who will not even go and vote anyway, when I can use bag of rice to convince 1Million other people? Politics is played by understanding people, their desires, and how to play on their desires. Thats why, GMB is in the race. Cos. A. he's a muslim. and a core northerner. B. Because he can work with people like the SW.

I look at what Lagos as achieved (As it affects my life, This morning, I rode a bicylce to my office, 15mins Ride, with good roads, few pot holes, and I feel refreshed), and I compare with what you've wrote, and I tell you. We've a better chance standing behind the infrastructure of APC, (since in 16years of PDP rule I still need a generator to work). Like you rightly noted, we need a sharp leader now, especially now that we are broke, and GEJ hasn't shown any of such characteristics even with so much money made. If GEJ wins this election, Nigeria is doomed!... he's a good guy, but he's not just the man for the job. He's too much of a politician than a technocrat, We need sharp guys, with sharp teams , who will hit the bulls eye in govt.

22 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Oshiomhole, Tinubu Absent At APC Abuja Presidential Rally / Ike Ekweremadu & Wife Nwanneka Sentenced To 10 Years, 6 Years Each / Tinubu Blasts Party Leaders Over Loss To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.