Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

In Need Of Hair Care Tips! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / In Need Of Hair Care Tips! (1520 Views)

Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? / Dr Miracle Hair Care Products / Pictures Of Hair Styles, Weave-ons, And Braids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Need Of Hair Care Tips! by yemstar(f): 7:54am On Aug 20, 2006
Abeg oh, those of you who came out here and still have any hair left should tell me how to take care of mines. I mean am losing my hair to the extent its soo uneven am thinking of making it bob short. I need help i don't want to go BALD!!! Okay its not yet that bad but i really can't afford to go to th Salon every week like i did back home. Frankly i think Nigeria spoilt me i can't even keep my own hair and make it look good. embarassed

So maybe we should help each other out and lay down tips that could help me and tons of others out there thanks.
Re: In Need Of Hair Care Tips! by camara(f): 3:05pm On Aug 20, 2006
u just do the normal,moisturise the hair and stuff like that.
u could also gt this organic hair root stimulator.
if u relax your hair,try not to change the relaxer u use.
anytime u wash the hair,condition it so the hair root still has a bit of oil.
u could also use mayonaise as conditioner 4 your hair.
if u've got dandruf,use hair cream with sulphur,scared of using that?just buy heads and shoulders shampoo
Re: In Need Of Hair Care Tips! by desiree(f): 4:55pm On Aug 20, 2006
If you've got hair brakeage, stick to just cornrows for at least 3 months, avoid applying heat and over-stressing your hair with products. Just keep the cornrows for 2 weeks, take it off and treat/moisturize your hair like camara said. I also use Organic root stimulator and "black like me" hair care range.
Re: In Need Of Hair Care Tips! by ikamefa(f): 5:28pm On Aug 20, 2006
yemstar:

Abeg oh, those of you who came out here and still have any hair left should tell me how to take care of mines. I mean am losing my hair to the extent its soo uneven am thinking of making it bob short. I need help i don't want to go BALD!!! Okay its not yet that bad but i really can't afford to go to th Salon every week like i did back home. Frankly i think Nigeria spoilt me i can't even keep my own hair and make it look good. embarassed

So maybe we should help each other out and lay down tips that could help me and tons of others out there thanks.
yemstar start by evening  out your uneven hair, i mean cut out the split ends et al, now the choice is yours do you still want to keep a perm( because am assuming you have one) or you want to grow out your natural hair?

if you want your perm find a good relaxer that agrees with your hair type  organic roots stimulator has a good range of products(but it might not just agree with you) take your time to search and do some research.

the trick is find a good hair stylist who will understand your hair and would be able to help care for your hair, when ever you wash your hair( with a good moisturizing shampoo) try  to do a moisture infusing deep treatment if its only for 10 mins with a cap on (depending on your pocket there are lots of products out there for this purpose.)

before you dry your hair use a good leave- in conditioner
Avoid excessive heat(flat ironing,crimping,hot curls, blow drying too much)
Always try and wrap your hair at  night before you sleep , using a silk scarf

if you are going natural as in braiding , avoid braids that are too tight, it would only pull out your hair papilla and you start to loose your hair just like that.
don't keep the braids in forever
washing conditioning and deep & leave in treatments also apply for natural hair

Above all taking care of your hair starts from the inside, what you do eat? do you drink enough water? do you eat fruits and vegetables?
Re: In Need Of Hair Care Tips! by yemstar(f): 6:06pm On Aug 20, 2006
I ever since i got a perm i used dark and lovely and it worked for me fine until i went to the salon here and they used some other perm on my hair. Its been falling out in strands, its pretty scarry undecided

@ Ikamefa
Do the fruits and vegetables really help? I know i don't do vegetables but if it means getting my healthy hair back am ready to try anything.

Thanks for replying
Re: In Need Of Hair Care Tips! by ikamefa(f): 8:07pm On Aug 20, 2006
yemstar:

I ever since i got a perm i used dark and lovely and it worked for me fine until i went to the salon here and they used some other perm on my hair. Its been falling out in strands, its pretty scarry undecided

@ Ikamefa
Do the fruits and vegetables really help? I know i don't do vegetables but if it means getting my healthy hair back am ready to try anything.

Thanks for replying

yes they do apart from contributing to your general health you will see changes in your hair too, am sure there are lots of vegetables out there, you just havent found what u like to eat! like i said do a lot of searching and researching to find what best works for you!
Happy Hunting! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Kim Kardashian's Pant Line Visible Undervery Tight Skirt [see Photos] / Do You Care For A Clean And Wonderful Skin..click Nw!! / Photo:what's Wrong With This Picture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.