Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. (71847 Views)

"Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns / Shocking: See The Horrifying New Map Of The World According To ISIS / See New Map Of Nigeria With 19 More States Proposed By National Confab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by bawomolo(m): 3:51am On Dec 25, 2008
The West is all Yorubas, dialects may differ but we all speak one language and spiritually have a common root. The Yoruba is the true majority.

umm there are eguns in lagos, what about the itsekiri's,ilaje or so in Ondo state. Nigeria is just as ethnically complex as india. there is no ethnically homogeneous region.

On the issue of political and military power, the Hausas in their entire history have never expanded and gained autonomy of a sovereign state,

during their peak, kano and katsina were some of the richest city states in the Africa. before the jihad of dan fodio, fulani's were the subject of the Hausa. hausa's created a political identity regardless of interference from the borno or songhay empire.

West is bordered by Rep of Benin and further insulated by two more countries to the West, all along that belt is a homogenous people - uniform composition of language and culture sympathetic to the Yorubas.

the dahomey empire wasn't on good terms with the yoruba's especially oyo and egba. African history isn't as simple as you make it to be. this homogeneity u talk of doesn't really exist. It would be much better if Nigerians learnt to respect each others differences and promote diversity. kind of what happens in the Netherlands
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by Uche2005: 4:14am On Dec 25, 2008
you chicago female prostitutes shut up. They like themself. Idiot, you must go.

Negro_Ntns which nigeria are you keep one. you no go die better. your father. no go die better. no more yoruba in nigeria. we do not want idiots in nigeria.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by NegroNtns(m): 4:16am On Dec 25, 2008
Direct that speech to the Igbos calling for a resurgence of Biafra and the Hausas as well, repeatedly killing people that practice different religion from Islam.  Don't direct it to the Yorubas - our stance is and has always been clear!  

You are tearing piece by piece into what I said about language and homogenity.  Dialect is a component of a broader ethno-language.  When you are outside of a ethno group then you are no longer a dialect of that language but a separate distinct tongue.  

Kano and Katsina were big under Emirate status, which was installed by a fulani man, Usman Dan Fodio.

Dahomey challenged Oyo and Oyo taught them an unforgiving lesson.  Egba was never a State, though it made attempt when it broke rank and fought the Ijebus.  

Like I said, you are preaching unity to the choir, re-direct the speech to the unsanctified.  My point is simple; Yoruba is a Nation, not an ethnic tribe and we fight as a Nation, not as a tribal group.  Unity is good but we will not loose if according to Professor Achebe, Things Fall Apart.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by NegroNtns(m): 4:18am On Dec 25, 2008
Uche, does the truth hurt? Talk to your brothers and sisters agitating for Biafra to go calm down. I am only speaking the truth. Ifthe cap fits, wear it.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by Uche2005: 4:22am On Dec 25, 2008
negro who told you we want fight you. there would be no fight in this. trust me. umaru is ready to let you go. and it is just for us to share the remaining properties in nigeria. we would give 10% of what we have no moveable.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by NegroNtns(m): 4:40am On Dec 25, 2008
negro who told you we want fight you. there would be no fight in this. trust me.

There is much agitation and with frequent occurrence where Igbos in NL are calling for resurgence of Biafra and when they do there is always reference in the negative to the Yorubas. I am a proud Yoruba man, a solid "son of the soil" and I am not timid at all when it comes to expressing my opinions. The people calling for Biafra talk as if they have history of war victories in their history. Sometimes there is lesson in humiliation. It's time the Igbos get a Yoruba response. I have given the response. I could care less who likes or don't. If you see problem with what I said, then it must be that you see merit in rescucitating Biafra.

umaru is ready to let you go
. and it is just for us to share the remaining
properties in nigeria
. we would give 10% of what we have no moveable.

There are ways to consolidate or invalidate a leadership. Umaru's leadership is validated by the Yorubas and we can invalidate him at the right moment. It's only a flash! In a turmoil politics, you create balance and counter balances that favor your position and the best way to do that is to be a King Maker. You are blind! Look again. . .

What properties? Cameroon has a plan for you!
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by bawomolo(m): 4:41am On Dec 25, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

Direct that speech to the Igbos calling for a resurgence of Biafra and the Hausas as well, repeatedly killing people that practice different religion from Islam. Don't direct it to the Yorubas - our stance is and has always been clear!

who is the unifying voice of the yorubas. afenifere or OPC. lol let's not deceive ourselves here. Yoruba identities usually breaks down into ethnic enclaves.

You are tearing piece by piece into what I said about language and homogenity. Dialect is a component of a broader ethno-language. When you are outside of a ethno group then you are no longer a dialect of that language but a separate distinct tongue.

you might want to explain how the eguns can be considered yoruba.

Kano and Katsina were big under Emirate status, which was installed by a fulani man, Usman Dan Fodio.

this is wrong, the peak of the kano and katsina came after the fall of the songhay empire. the textile industry of hausa city states were active before Usman Dan Fodio. all dan fodio achieved was the consolidation of the city states into the sokoto caliphates. the idea that hausa's would be dominated by fulani is simplication. fulani's are more and more being assimilated into mainstream hausa society.

Dahomey challenged Oyo and Oyo taught them an unforgiving lesson. Egba was never a State, though it made attempt when it broke rank and fought the Ijebus.

i think it's safe to note Oyo would never have defeated Dahomey without the help of the British. divide and conquer was a beautiful tool used by the British but i think you already know this.

Yoruba is a Nation, not an ethnic tribe and we fight as a Nation, not as a tribal group. Unity is good but we will not loose if according to Professor Achebe, Things Fall Apart.

i never said the Yoruba would fail if things fall apart but the disintegration of Nigeria if it happens would be messy like that of Yugoslavia. people expecting a yoruba,igbo,hausa nation etc would shocked to see a congo or somalia.

guys, be careful what you wish for.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by NegroNtns(m): 5:00am On Dec 25, 2008
who is the unifying voice of the yorubas. afenifere or OPC. lol let's not deceive ourselves here. Yoruba identities usually breaks down into ethnic enclaves.

When war breaks out, the natural cohesive force of ethnic identities and sense of belonging are instinctively activated and become the prime rule of engagement.

you might want to explain how the eguns can be considered yoruba.

Nationality. You have a child in London and he speaks English and is a British citizen, does that make him an English man? Geographical boundaries erected by colonials have reversed our senses of who we are in nature. People like you need lessons to understand and know who you are. This is why I often relate past when we talk political ideologies, because of people like you that have lost sense of where home is. Don't worry, I will help you navigate your way back home.

this is wrong, the peak of the kano and katsina came after the fall of the songhay empire. the textile industry of hausa city states were active before Usman Dan Fodio. all dan fodio achieved was the consolidation of the city states into the sokoto caliphates. the idea that hausa's would be dominated by fulani is simplication. fulani's are more and more being assimilated into mainstream hausa society.

My friend, Kano, Katsina were all under the Songhay. They were conquered and paid homage to Timbuktu. After the fall of Songhay they were never sovereign states. They became centers of trade and learning. We are talking history about Greatness of people, you are mistaking African definition of sovereignty for European definition of Statehood. In Africa, a sovereign power is the one that all neighbouring Kings pay homage to. He sits on the throne of political and military power. Now, tell me which military or political power Katsina or Kano sat on prior to Fodio? Which ethnicity did they fight and conquer?

i think it's safe to note Oyo would never have defeated Dahomey without the help of the British. divide and conquer was a beautiful tool used by the British but i think you already know this.

I'm not even going to qualify this wrong response.

i never said the Yoruba would fail if things fall apart but the disintegration of Nigeria if it happens would be messy like that of Yugoslavia. people expecting a yoruba,igbo,hausa nation etc would shocked to see a congo or somalia.

So did you not see the last sentence in my post? I said We want unity but if it comes to it, we will stand up to anyone and fight and we will win the war. History is on our side.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by bawomolo(m): 5:41am On Dec 25, 2008
My friend, Kano, Katsina were all under the Songhay.

they were sovereign after the fall of the songhay empire, what part of this don't you understand. the hausa city states were autonomous for the most part.

Now, tell me which military or political power Katsina or Kano sat on prior to Fodio? Which ethnicity did they fight and conquer?

being able to hold the Nupe's and Borno empire at bay is an achievement in it's self. control of trade routes to berber and arab traders is an achievement in it's self. unlike commercial centers like jenne, their were royals in the hausa city states. that in fact qualifies for state hood. i know you are proud as a Yoruba man but there's no need to belittle the Hausa's.

Nationality. You have a child in London and he speaks English and is a British citizen, does that make him an English man?

unlike the kid born in london, egun's have diverged from Yorubas a long time ago. this is like claiming Australians are the same as the British. isn't the Yoruba identity a recent creation. no one was screaming Yoruba during the 17th or 18th century.

Geographical boundaries erected by colonials have reversed our senses of who we are in nature

geographical boundaries have always been volatile. you think the map of Europe and the America's hasn't changed too? people like you need to learn to accept change rather than claiming to speak for a diverse ethnic group.

So did you not see the last sentence in my post? I said We want unity but if it comes to it, we will stand up to anyone and fight and we will win the war. History is on our side.

well good luck. as for me, i no wan fight o grin cheesy
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by jookco(m): 9:55am On Dec 25, 2008
there no way Nigeria can work without being devided into four, Yeruba, Housa Fulani , Igbo and the Niger Delta, we Igbos will prefare to stay with Yerubas than domb Abokis from the North, the Northerns are not wise at all the behave like something I don't know how to describe, I fell ashamed eavch time I see house man as my fello countryman.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by Muza(m): 11:53am On Dec 25, 2008
jookco:

there no way Nigeria can work without being devided into four, Yeruba, Housa Fulani , Igbo and the Niger Delta, we Igbos will prefare to stay with Yerubas than domb Abokis from the North, the Northerns are not wise at all the behave like something I don't know how to describe, I fell ashamed eavch time I see house man as my fello countryman.

these bigots need be screened out of NL.They have unjustified hatred for hausas,
is it hausa that is ur gov,or ur local govt chairman.

An entrance exam to this forum needs to be introduced to prevent all these foolish bigots from registering and just be writing any rubbish that comes out of their big bigot head.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by Uche2005: 2:42pm On Dec 25, 2008
jocko, which niger delta are you talking about. Ijaw people niger delta, you are mad. really mad. So you think the efik and annag or isoko people want to be under the ijaw people. No way. forget the niger delta. the ijaw people are dreaming.

how do they want to cut the niger delta into a country. you cut one part of the river niger and join it with the other part of the river niger. everybody in nigeria knows the niger delta dream is a foolish idea. And the ijaw dream would never come to past. what hisotical or cultural relationship does the ijaw man have with the efik man? tell me now, no relationship.

Or did you hear in history that the ijaw man is closer to the efik man more than an igbo man. An akwa ibom man is closer to an igboman more than an ijaw man or did you hear in history that the edo man is more closer to the ijaw people than the yorubas?? or that the ibibio man( it means they are ibos) is more closer to the ijaw man than the igbo. ? the idea of ijaw niger delta is only a stupid dream of the ijaw man. And we know the so call shout now for ijaw niger delta which was started by an ijaw man isaac boro is coming from jonathan and Alam, And An jonathan is not different from Alama. He was his partner.

And God kill you if you talk about ijaw niger delta for this place.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by Uche2005: 3:02pm On Dec 25, 2008
where everybody go.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by KnowAll(m): 3:20pm On Dec 25, 2008
@BecomeRich

There is no need going to look for some lost item in sokoto when the item that is lost is inside your sokoto- "Trousers in Yoruba"

Going by the old oyo empire boudary Abuja falls within its boudary you better direct your energy to re-claim those lost land in Abuja albeit economically rather than advocating merger with the rep of Benin
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by romeo(m): 3:34pm On Dec 25, 2008
Uche2005:

romea(Romeo) you can't be igbo. No true son of igbo land would kill against igbo presidency agenda. don't you know if we are able to kick the yoruba out with our only son senator Ike in charge in the process, Ike may end up president after Yar Adua.

You are stupid. you don't know politics. You are really stupid. have you look at the merit involve. Look if we help Yar Adua to remove the igbeti igbeti people the north have no choice then trade with the igbo. And we would have more oil for ourself . How many igbo men are in the oil business tell me.

We would take over the oil business when we remove the yorubas from Nigeria. Oma ra what I am saying.

If Zik have been wise like wise and he support belewa to put the Yoruba out. where do you think all the develop would be. idiot, it would be in Obodo. You are really stupid. Stupid guy.  How can you claim you are an igbo guy. Idiot or you idiot have marry one of the igbeti igbeti people.

The above highlighted texts are beyond my comprehension!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You just tookthe position of the dumbest Nairalander ever. Keep it up.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by Uche2005: 3:56pm On Dec 25, 2008
Knowall, what are you drinking today. Yoruba in abuja. you must be mad. Abuja is own by hausa people. and it would remain so for ever. let the idiot go. We do not want them in nigeria again. They should forget abuja. After the oyi awusa in abuja. It is us the igbos that owns it. Nonsense, useless yorubaman. he want to own abuja. thief.

So you idiot want to block our chance after Yar adua leaves office. You a big idiot. THE IDIOT YORUBAS MUST GO NOW. Stupid people.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by KnowAll(m): 4:32pm On Dec 25, 2008
@Uche2005

You come from a culture that has no centralised authority, you cannot comapre your culture with that of Yoruba, go and read your history books the old oyo empire extended from lagos all the way to Niger state, hence you have names like Badamosi babangida if you check that man's history his fore-fathers were citezens of old oyo empire. Yoruba should re-claim all those lost lands from ilorin to abuja rather than waist our time with rep of benin.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by Uche2005: 4:51pm On Dec 25, 2008
knowall you are mad. which lost land. IBB have nothing to do with yorubas, Never. Niger state is for hausa , dont come and start talking nonsense, we all know kwara state is for yorubas. we do not care if they take thier shit place, but niger state is for hausas.

And all you idiot dreaming of ijaw niger delta. In 1994 the ijaw national congress (INC) wrote bill clinton and the queen that they were going to form Niger delta republic. Alam is the major financier of the INC. they wrote clinton and the queen that they were going to form thier own country.

Now they new plot by them to include other areas like ibibo , Akwa ibom or edo state or delta state. I do not know why, ?? can someone ask the ijaw national congress why they want to include akwa ibom, edo and delta state or cross river in thier ijaw niger delta.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by Uche2005: 5:38pm On Dec 25, 2008
Which Ijaw Niger Delta republic

The Ijaw group in a letter MOSIEND - USA/03/SEC/VOL1/95 of 23rd January 1995 to President Bill Clinton of the United States declared their decision to "create and operate a contiguous country out of present Nigeria which we would like to be named as REPUBULIC OF THE NIGER DELTA, embracing all the Ijaws from Apoi / Arogbo in Ondo State to Opobo / Andoni on the Eastern banks of the Qua-lboe River in Akwa Iboe State". The same group had earlier on in their letter MOSIEND/S/003/VOL1.1/01 dated 14th July 1994 demanded specifically of the British Government through Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II the abrogation of the Treaties of "Friendship, trade and protection signed between the IJAWS and the British Government on the 25th of January 1836 at Bonny" to free them to proceed to create their Republic of the Niger Delta. In several other statements and press releases the Ijaw have claimed the ownership of the Nigerian coastline and do invariably regard, erroneously, the Niger Delta as their exclusive homeland, regardless of other several ethnicities within the area. Their intention is to acquire and control illegally and by violence all oil and gas producing areas of other ethnic nationalities in the Niger Delta. In order to achieve this objective of the Niger Delta Republic, the INC has goaded various Ijaw groups into this naked aggression of fighting other ethnic groups. In their inordinate ambition therefore, the Ijaws have sought, in addition to their Bayelsa State and three other Ijaw Local Government areas on the Western Delta, to control and assert their authority over Benin land, Itsekiri land, llaje land in Ondo State and parts of Lagos State.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by BecomeRich: 6:28pm On Dec 25, 2008
Bawolomo, it is not that we are trying to take people land. But it is an issue of blood brother, Take example the Itseriki and yorubas. we are the same people. look is a list of itsekiri word and yoruba word,

WORDS IN ITSEKIRI ITS MEANING IN ENGLISH YORUBA

Afoju A blind person Yoruba Afoju
Afere Air, Wind, Breeze Yoruba Afefe
Adan Bats Ada

Asisaso Rags Yoruba Akisa aso
Aso Clothes of all types Yoruba Aso

Atitan Refuse Dump Yoruba Etitan

Ekutele Rat, Mice (all specie) Yoruba Ekutele

Egungun Fairy, Evil Spirit Yoruba Egungun

Erin a.k.a. Yemeriko, Eni Elephant Yoruba Erin
Ekeregbe Goats (all sexes and family) Yoruba Ekeregbe

Eyen Palm (used generally) including bunch of fruit Yoruba Eye
Eligbo Aged person (all sexes) Yoruba Arogbo

Etu (Animal) Antelope Yoruba Etu
Ejen a.k.a. Isangi, Abaghari Blood Yoruba Eje

Iguru a.k.a Akala Vulture Yoruba Igugu

Ikoko Cocoyam ikoko

Ipere Nails (all brands) Yoruba Ipere(small snail)

Isu a.k.a. Orusun Yam (all varieties) Yoruba Isu

Obi Kola nut (all species) Yoruba Obi

Ogede (Ogede-Oyibo) Banana (all varieties) Yoruba Ogede

Oroli Roof top Yoruba Ore ile
Origho Head (Human) top (generally) Yoruba Ori (oriwo(ondo state))

Ojiji Shadow Yoruba Ojiji

Omo-ojo (omojo) Young snakes (all species) Yoruba Omo ejo
Oron World beyond, heaven, death Yoruba oru
Ose Soap (all brands) Yoruba ose

Ugba Gourd/Calabash Yoruba Egba

Uru Tail, bottom Yoruba eru
Uwan Tongue Yoruba awan

ITSEKIRI ENGLISH

Mene One
2. Meji Two
3. Meta Three
4. Meren Four
5. Maru Five
6. Mefa Six
7. Meje Seven
8. Mejo Eight
9. Mesan Nine
10. Megwa Ten
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by bawomolo(m): 7:47pm On Dec 25, 2008
Take example the Itseriki and yorubas. we are the same people. look is a list of itsekiri word and yoruba word,

here we go again, due to trade and warfare, most Nigerian ethnic groups share words with each other, words like alubosa were actually borrowed from the hausa. you guys are just filled with hate.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by NegroNtns(m): 7:55pm On Dec 25, 2008
To all those who celebrate the birth of Jesus, merry Christmas to you and your family. grin

Uche, what's your response to this. . .

@Uche2005

You come from a culture that has no centralised authority,
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by BecomeRich: 7:55pm On Dec 25, 2008
bawolomo , So what is mininiya(da ita)  In hausa   Original name. It was after they deal with other nigerian they pick up. Then how do you now account for nearly over 70% of their word
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by NegroNtns(m): 8:00pm On Dec 25, 2008
Bawomolo,

What tribe are you? What's your ethnic group? Please share the history of your people with us if you know it. You cannot accuse Yorubas of hatred if we have all along kept silent in the face of repeated insults by Biafra war mongers. One response from us and you are roused. Don't accuse people who know their history and are proud of it. Tell us who you are. Are you Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, . . . or maybe you are a migrant from another country into Nigeria. Who are you?
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by BecomeRich: 8:09pm On Dec 25, 2008
uche i just confirm your story too about ijaw national congress inform bill clinton govt and the queen . So Diepreye (Alam) Alamieyeseigha finance them. that funny, and was jonathan a member of the INC?
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 25, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

Bawomolo,
Who are you?
He's my husband kiss grin grin

Lol, Motun, merry Chistmas o. You berra be hoping KarmaMod/TOH will finally accept your proposal this coming year tongue
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by bawomolo(m): 8:18pm On Dec 25, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

Bawomolo,

What tribe are you? What's your ethnic group? Please share the history of your people with us if you know it. You cannot accuse Yorubas of hatred if we have all along kept silent in the face of repeated insults by Biafra war mongers. One response from us and you are roused. Don't accuse people who know their history and are proud of it. Tell us who you are. Are you Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, . . . or maybe you are a migrant from another country into Nigeria. Who are you?

bawo is a yoruba man, a wierdo but still a yoruba man. i agree with you that the pro-biafra group are just lunatics. let it go people sad

Ebony-Silk:

He's my husband kiss grin grin

umm who told you to leave the kitchen. cool
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by NegroNtns(m): 8:21pm On Dec 25, 2008
the hausa city states were autonomous for the most part.  Being able to hold the Nupe's and Borno empire at bay is an achievement in it's self.  control of trade routes to berber and arab traders is an achievement in it's self.   unlike commercial centers like jenne, their were royals in the hausa city states. that in fact qualifies for state hood.  i know you are proud as a Yoruba man but there's no need to belittle the Hausa's.  

You are going by what you read on Google.  Google accounts are not authenticated.  My account is direct oral history from authorities on Hausa history.  If you say they were autonomous states, then please name their sovereign kings during that period.   Saying they were conquered by Fulani is belittling?  I am not sure where your sense of political ideology is but if you are not Hausa you need to step aside and let an Hausa man stand up and face me on his history.  You speak for your own ethnic group instead of stoking sentiments of other tribal groups.  

unlike the kid born in london, egun's have diverged from Yorubas a long time ago. this is like claiming Australians are the same as the British. isn't the Yoruba identity a recent creation.  no one was screaming Yoruba during the 17th or 18th century.

Again, you lack ideological vision.  In America, the whites still celebrate renaissance with full dramatization.  In Europe they still celebrate the memories of medieval times with movie re-enactments to push their ideologies against other cultures that they battled thousands of years ago.  "The Spartans"  "300", They still worship the Pantheon. . .   It's people like you that the white man want to install in positions of government leadership and sponsor your rulership to the detriment of your cultural background.  When you bring up your history they persuade you that it's been so long ago that you need to forget it and concentrate on the present and yet, they sell movies of their Great past to you and your children and make it the topic of your discourse and conversation.  You help them glorify their culture to the detriment of your own.  History does not have an expiry date my friend.  

geographical boundaries have always been volatile. you think the map of Europe and the America's hasn't changed too? people like you need to learn to accept change rather than claiming to speak for a diverse ethnic group.

Geographical boundaries should be volatile to the extent that it is a favorable land gain to the Yorubas.  We change the map to the flow of our conquests.  You reign supreme when you acquire land territory.  In Nigeria, The Yoruba Nation is the Supreme one.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by NegroNtns(m): 8:24pm On Dec 25, 2008
bawo is a yoruba man

Then be proud with me my brother. There is no problem calling for unity of the country but we cannot continue to keep silent in face of insults by other tribes.

We cannot compromise our stance as a people.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by bawomolo(m): 8:49pm On Dec 25, 2008
If you say they were autonomous states, then please name their sovereign kings during that period.

king yunfa of Gobir during the time of dan fodio's revolt. the written accounts of uthman dan fodio showed he campaigned against "ruling" class. this ruling class was made of royals. royal courts existed before dan fodio's time.

this is one of the best sources i could find.

[url]http://books.google.com/books?id=Fw-1DOCXUgsC&pg=PA234&lpg=PA234&dq=kano+and+katsina&source=web&ots=4jNTBTtNpt&sig=g4FFmGVEpnZk4to8Io3LTKV9ssQ&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=3&ct=result#PPA234,M1[/url]

why would subdued kingdoms be fighting over the trans-Saharan trade routes?

We change the map to the flow of our conquests. You reign supreme when you acquire land territory. In Nigeria, The Yoruba Nation is the Supreme one.

yeah this mentality has made Nigeria a great country for sure.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by BecomeRich: 10:10pm On Dec 25, 2008
bawolomo, why dont you keep quiet.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by Uche2005: 10:33pm On Dec 25, 2008
I think say na only me hate this idiot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Omoyele Sowore Has Been Rearrested By DSS / Wike: Vote my Candidate as President, save my Political career / Nigerian Navy Being Trained On How To Shoot (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.