Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Is Essentialhome A Fraud? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is Essentialhome A Fraud? (3317 Views)

Estate Agent Docked Over N5m Fraud In Lagos / Blue Castle Homes: Property Fraud Company / The Importance Of A Lawyer In Real Estate Transactions To Prevent Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by oduwani: 3:11pm On Jan 26, 2015
Gentlemen and ladies, please be wary of all this offer being offered by the so called developers, as some of them are fraudsters.
My experience with the one granimperioprojects that marketed a mortgage project, essentialhomes, Orchard road in lekki, have taught me a lesson and exposed those developers shenanigans.

I bought into the project because of what they offered.
1 You pay 25% of the amount.
2 Spread the balance over three years at 17% interest
3 You will move into the house, after six (6) months of the initial payment(The 25%), and continue to pay the rest.

As I said earlier, I bought into it because of the above. When I paid, I have calculated that the delivery date will be three (3) months before my current rent will expired and give and take, I can give them some extra months gap, to deliver, and will not need to renew my rent. I even added my anticipated rent payment to my initial payment. I have since been servicing the monthly payment with the interest.

Behold to my surprise, a month after when they supposed to have delivered, the developer came up with another payment structure that will required me, not only to complete the payment within a year but to also wait for delivery of the house about 8 months, after they supposed to have delivered.

As I wouldn't take that, the matter is now heading to court.

I advise anybody that is interested in buying into all sort of offers in the market to be careful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by glogirl(f): 4:06pm On Jan 26, 2015
It's sad. The consumer is at the mercy of these scrupulous elements because they get you to committed your funds at the initial stage.
We faced the same issue but modified our payment plan from rent to own to 1 yr payment. Even at that delivery date is now April 2015 from August 2014.
is the delivery date likely? I do not think do.
I would advise any one who didn't key into the south pointe 1 or lake view phase 2 to forget about it. Unless you want to wait a number of years to realise value that is if ever.
Re: Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by lawyer(m): 6:36pm On Jan 26, 2015
How did they come about the new payment plan structure? Was it stated in the contract of sale that such modifications should be expected in future?
Re: Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by oduwani: 3:03pm On Feb 11, 2015
The payment plan and delivery date were initially agreed and contract signed off.
It seem they deceived people to get money and because Nigerians have been taking this, the impunity continue.
I am ready to use every legal means to resist it.
Re: Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by lawyer(m): 3:14pm On Feb 11, 2015
resist it because its a breach of the original contract of sale
Re: Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by oduwani: 10:43am On Feb 12, 2015
My lawyer has written them for a refund with a N5m damage claim.
Re: Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by oduwani: 10:47am On Feb 12, 2015
glogirl:
It's sad. The consumer is at the mercy of these scrupulous elements because they get you to committed your funds at the initial stage.
We faced the same issue but modified our payment plan from rent to own to 1 yr payment. Even at that delivery date is now April 2015 from August 2014.
is the delivery date likely? I do not think do.
I would advise any one who didn't key into the south pointe 1 or lake view phase 2 to forget about it. Unless you want to wait a number of years to realise value that is if ever.

That is unfortunate. And I find out that what they are offering is even more expensive.
Re: Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by jasper7(m): 12:03am On Feb 13, 2015
this is too bad I am beginning to perceive some fraudulent act from this company, people need to be careful when dealing with some of this shady companies
Re: Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by oduwani: 7:51am On Feb 13, 2015
Yes, a lot of people out there are falling victim and need to know.
The worst part is that I took a loan to finance this. I am now paying back the loan and have, at the same time, look for money to pay my rent, that is due.
Re: Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by oduwani: 6:54pm On Jun 11, 2015
This issue has assumed a new dimension as it's now in court as reported by this news paper. It was also published by Pilot newspaper, last Tuesday.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/subscriber-sues-firm-over-alleged-n4-036m-fraud/

It's good for people to know to avoid similar fraudster.

Please let me know anyone that is also having issue with the company.

Why not push to the FP, plz.
Re: Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by blank(f): 7:53pm On Jun 12, 2015
@ Lawyer, please move this to front page. This is to avoid others getting caught up in the scam or whatever fallout from the court action.
Re: Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by BALLERON(m): 2:02pm On Jun 16, 2015
Sad story, this is what happens when every one rush into a booming trade, 419 developers everywhere, beware buyers
Re: Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by skyfall: 8:08am On Jul 06, 2015
Subscriber sues firm over alleged N4.036m fraud

A subs c r ibe r, A b r a h a m Omokanye, has dragged an estate firm, Gran Imperio Group, before an Igbosere High Court presided over by Justice A.J. Coker, over an alleged attempt to defraud him of N4.036 million through mortgage scam. Sued include are the Metropole Interproject Limited and the Managing Director of Gran Imperio Group, Mr. Adeyeye Ogunwusi. Omokanye in the suit marked, LD/267CMW/2015, is seeking an order directing the defendants severally and individually to pay him by certified bank draft the sum of N6,397,852.50, with interest at the rate of 35 per cent per annum before judgment and 19 per cent per annum from judgement until judgment was liquidated.

At the resumed hearing of the suit yesterday, a lawyer to the claimant, Chukwuemeka Amaghiro, informed the court that the matter was for hearing of all pending applications in the matter. However, lawyer to the defendants, Olanrewaju Jolaoso informed the court that his clients were already making frantic steps to settle the matter out of court.
He however urged the court for a short adjournment. Consequently, the presiding judge, Justice A. J. Coker adjourned further hearing in the matter to June 30, for report of settlement. Omokanye in his statement of claim filed before the court by his lawyer, Chukwuemeka Amaghiro, painted a picture on how he entered into a contract for the sale and purchase of one unit 3-bedroom house at the Essential Homes besides the Lakeview park 2, off Lekki-Epe Expressway. He added that under the said contract, the total offer price of the said property was N18,204,615 million, covering the unit price, connection fee, documentation fee and rent-to-own with 17 per cent interest.

He also averred that as part of conditions for the acceptance of offer, he was made to pay initial deposit of N4, 036, 500, while a balance of N14. 168, 115 was to be spread over a period of 36 months at N1.180, 676.25, every three months. He added that after accepting the offer, he paid the initial deposit of N4.036 million, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract in the month of July and October, 2014, respectively. But during the performance of the contract and sometimes in September, 2014, he was informed by the first defendant’s sales and marketing relations officer, Akinsanya Opemipo about the firm’s inability to make delivery of the property in October 2014 as earlier agreed upon, while the company pleaded with him to accept delivery in November, 2014.

The offer which he claimed was rejected. He further stated that following his rejection of the company’s plea and new terms and conditions for the property, he categorically informed the firm that he could only continue with the contract earlier signed, and that he refused to make any further payment due to the breach of contract. He added that the firm informed him that the particular property he paid initial deposit for was no longer available. Consequently, he is seeking an order compelling the defendants severally and individually to pay him by certified bank draft the sum of N6.397, 852.50, N10 million and N1.5 million, representing total payment made by him to the firm, including general and exemplary damages and the cost of filling the suit.

Responding, the defendants in their statement of defence filed before the court through their lawyer, Olanrewaju Jolaoso, while urging the court to discountenance the plaintiff ’s claim, stated that after its wide spread campaign and subsequent subscription to the clients, there was a sharp increase in the price of building materials, coupled with the fact that the estate was over-subscribed by large numbers of customers which led to acquisition of more land mass from the land owning family invariably increased the amount to be spent on amenities to be provided in the estate. They further stated that they never breached the terms of the offer but the initial terms were not workable due to resources required to develop the estate. It was added that the development work never stopped in the estate while the claimant refused to pay during negotiation. They therefore also seek an order of the court directing the claimant to pay to them the total sum of N12 million, being special and damages for the breach of contract.

Lalasticlala pls help us push this to the FP for the benfit of innocent Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by snthesis(m): 9:57am On Jul 07, 2015
and it wasnt pushed to fp.....smh angry angry angry
Re: Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by blank(f): 10:11am On Jul 07, 2015
I guess when the case has been decided then it can be pushed to the front page.
Re: Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by gabbytabby: 10:38am On Jul 07, 2015
skyfall:
Subscriber sues firm over alleged N4.036m fraud

A subs c r ibe r, A b r a h a m Omokanye, has dragged an estate firm, Gran Imperio Group, before an Igbosere High Court presided over by Justice A.J. Coker, over an alleged attempt to defraud him of N4.036 million through mortgage scam. Sued include are the Metropole Interproject Limited and the Managing Director of Gran Imperio Group, Mr. Adeyeye Ogunwusi. Omokanye in the suit marked, LD/267CMW/2015, is seeking an order directing the defendants severally and individually to pay him by certified bank draft the sum of N6,397,852.50, with interest at the rate of 35 per cent per annum before judgment and 19 per cent per annum from judgement until judgment was liquidated.

At the resumed hearing of the suit yesterday, a lawyer to the claimant, Chukwuemeka Amaghiro, informed the court that the matter was for hearing of all pending applications in the matter. However, lawyer to the defendants, Olanrewaju Jolaoso informed the court that his clients were already making frantic steps to settle the matter out of court.
He however urged the court for a short adjournment. Consequently, the presiding judge, Justice A. J. Coker adjourned further hearing in the matter to June 30, for report of settlement. Omokanye in his statement of claim filed before the court by his lawyer, Chukwuemeka Amaghiro, painted a picture on how he entered into a contract for the sale and purchase of one unit 3-bedroom house at the Essential Homes besides the Lakeview park 2, off Lekki-Epe Expressway. He added that under the said contract, the total offer price of the said property was N18,204,615 million, covering the unit price, connection fee, documentation fee and rent-to-own with 17 per cent interest.

He also averred that as part of conditions for the acceptance of offer, he was made to pay initial deposit of N4, 036, 500, while a balance of N14. 168, 115 was to be spread over a period of 36 months at N1.180, 676.25, every three months. He added that after accepting the offer, he paid the initial deposit of N4.036 million, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract in the month of July and October, 2014, respectively. But during the performance of the contract and sometimes in September, 2014, he was informed by the first defendant’s sales and marketing relations officer, Akinsanya Opemipo about the firm’s inability to make delivery of the property in October 2014 as earlier agreed upon, while the company pleaded with him to accept delivery in November, 2014.

The offer which he claimed was rejected. He further stated that following his rejection of the company’s plea and new terms and conditions for the property, he categorically informed the firm that he could only continue with the contract earlier signed, and that he refused to make any further payment due to the breach of contract. He added that the firm informed him that the particular property he paid initial deposit for was no longer available. Consequently, he is seeking an order compelling the defendants severally and individually to pay him by certified bank draft the sum of N6.397, 852.50, N10 million and N1.5 million, representing total payment made by him to the firm, including general and exemplary damages and the cost of filling the suit.

Responding, the defendants in their statement of defence filed before the court through their lawyer, Olanrewaju Jolaoso, while urging the court to discountenance the plaintiff ’s claim, stated that after its wide spread campaign and subsequent subscription to the clients, there was a sharp increase in the price of building materials, coupled with the fact that the estate was over-subscribed by large numbers of customers which led to acquisition of more land mass from the land owning family invariably increased the amount to be spent on amenities to be provided in the estate. They further stated that they never breached the terms of the offer but the initial terms were not workable due to resources required to develop the estate. It was added that the development work never stopped in the estate while the claimant refused to pay during negotiation. They therefore also seek an order of the court directing the claimant to pay to them the total sum of N12 million, being special and damages for the breach of contract.

Lalasticlala pls help us push this to the FP for the benfit of innocent Nigerians.

Stupid people with their skewed sense you cannot deliver and instead of giving people back their money you then have the audacity to sue them for breach of contract and 12m damages.
Re: Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by behavioral: 4:56pm On Sep 10, 2015
But how come these companies can get away with fraudulent acts like this?
Re: Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by lolu1234: 5:04pm On Oct 16, 2015
essential homes owned by Yeye Ogunwusi and all his staff are all nothing but bunch of liars and fraudster. especially Deji Arowolo and Opemipo Akinsanya, it is so bad that when it gets to a point they wont pick your calls anymore. i am a subsriber of essential homes and honestly i regret it, i really do. and the yeye wants to be king in ile-ife, that is where he diverted all the project funds to. he is constructing a big personal mansion for himself now, where all building materials for the essential homes project have been diverted to and workers are building day and night to quickly finish. because he knows if he doesnt have a house in ife, he wont be considered.
Re: Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by glogirl(f): 5:21pm On Oct 16, 2015
Thank you for this expose.
I have been wondering how it all went bad. I have been shouting on nairaland too. I am About to engage a lawyer. The guy is a thief and doesnt care at all.
Re: Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by mishooo(m): 8:20am On Feb 11, 2016
I would like to know if anyone has info on the update of this.
Re: Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by mishooo(m): 7:25pm On Feb 15, 2016
no reply
Re: Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by Nobody: 4:22am On Feb 16, 2016
lolu1234:
essential homes owned by Yeye Ogunwusi and all his staff are all nothing but bunch of liars and fraudster. especially Deji Arowolo and Opemipo Akinsanya, it is so bad that when it gets to a point they wont pick your calls anymore. i am a subsriber of essential homes and honestly i regret it, i really do. and the yeye wants to be king in ile-ife, that is where he diverted all the project funds to. he is constructing a big personal mansion for himself now, where all building materials for the essential homes project have been diverted to and workers are building day and night to quickly finish. because he knows if he doesnt have a house in ife, he wont be considered.

You mean the Ooni of Ife is the same Yeye Ogunwusi mentioned above? shocked

" Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi was involved with trading and marketing of commodities, the main facilitator for Dangote Group’s break into the ‘up-country supply chain consortium’ between 1996 and 1999. He also traded for Dohagro Allied, Global Apex, Olam, Clemco, Stallion Group, Milan Group, etc, at about the same period. This is where he gained expertise in marketing prowess which up till date is one of his major strengths. He also facilitated the biggest lead and aluminum recycling plant set up in Nigeria by National Steel Company of India in Ota, Ogun State.

He began his strides in the real estate sector with various dredging and land reclamation projects in Lagos State. Adeyeye is the initiator of Essential Homes , a real estate product launched in January 2014 formed to deliver affordable upscale homes to the middle and low income earners. The first phase of the product (The Southpointe Estate, Lafiaji Road, Lekki, Lagos State) started in February 2014, and has been successfully delivered within 1 year with about 60 percent occupancy recorded. This attests to the huge market demand and acceptability of the Essential Homes product.

He also led the team that developed the beautiful Northpointe Estate Phase I, II, III and Midland Court, on Chevron Drive, Lekki, Lagos. In addition, Prince Adeyeye has successfully undertaken more multi-billion naira projects across Lagos and environs; Jacob Mews Estate, Yaba, Lakeview Park I and II Estates Lekki, the ongoing Golden Leaf Estate, Lafiaji, Lekki and Grand Lake Estate, Ajah, Lagos."

http://encomium.ng/intimate-secrets-of-ife-prince-adeyeye-enitan-ogunwusi-positioned-as-next-ooni/
Re: Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by glogirl(f): 7:43am On Feb 16, 2016
Same one. 2 years after payment on a 6 months project, still no key. Perpetual fraudster he is. Just google most of his projects. Fraught with issues. Their model is to float a new company and call it sister company so as to create a clean slate. only in Nigeria can someone with such a record rule.
Re: Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by constantis: 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2016
Please do have any update on gran imperio. Essential homes...?
Re: Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by mishooo(m): 4:58pm On Jun 10, 2016
These people are fraudsters.
Re: Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by water2wine: 8:45pm On Jul 21, 2016
This is 2 years into a project that ought to have been delivered last year December. Why are these guys this way? Thriving on peoples savings without doing the needful. Time to legally approach them.

You run from Omo-onile. Now you gotta rung from Developers too. The sad part of it, they don't even communicate or whatsoever. What a Country. What a Company too.

#Granimperio is a Scam! #EFCC & Other media houses need be involved, before others fall prey. They 'll vomit my cash though.
Re: Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by BALLERON(m): 7:01pm On Aug 09, 2017
Good question
lawyer:
How did they come about the new payment plan structure? Was it stated in the contract of sale that such modifications should be expected in future?
Re: Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by constantis: 5:19pm On Apr 07, 2018
Please who has any information/update on this gran imperio essential homes/Southpointe 2. The story is getting long.
Re: Is Essentialhome A Fraud? by water2wine: 2:17am On Aug 08, 2018
Still the same old.. no refund whatsoever. Has anyone been successful with these dubious sets of people? My funds are still hanging with them...

(1) (Reply)

Modern Architectural Designs For Fellow Nairaland Members / Walton Gate Estate Ajah, Now 13m / Land For Sale @ Isiu Itokin Road Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.