Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,587 members, 7,823,550 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Muslim! It's Scary How Little Many Muslims Know! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim! It's Scary How Little Many Muslims Know! (988 Views)

How Many Muslims In Nigeria Support Sharia Law And Sharia States? / Muhammad Said He Was A Sinner, Why Do Many Muslims Contradict Him ? / How Many Muslims Are On Nairaland ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim! It's Scary How Little Many Muslims Know! by cola: 10:26pm On Dec 24, 2008
Muslims need to create time to learn their Deen. It's scary how little many muslim know about their faith.

I've been impressed by ife-eco and a couple other brothers and sisters here, though. His stuff on the exorcism thread is impressive.

I suggest muslims on this board endeavour to use this holiday period to learn more about their faith.
read books
read islamic magazines
listen to good tapes

better still, attend seminars, workshops, lectures, talks facilitated by good scholars of Islam
attend an islamic vacation (holiday)course.
there is one I know is going on (24th dec 08 - 1st jan 09) at the Lagos State Model College in Meiran, Lagos.
I'm sure it would be worth your time and the trouble.

you'll go back to work a more informed, more knowledgeable, better muslim.
Re: Muslim! It's Scary How Little Many Muslims Know! by Jarus(m): 6:07pm On Dec 25, 2008
Jazakumullahu khaeran my brother. Knowledge is very important in Islam. Thankfully,we have many Islamic materials in English today. please let's lay our hands on them. They are very helpful. The reason why many Muslims fall prey of Christian evangelization is ignorance. If you know much about Islam, you will just laugh at all those Christain tricks. You may as well listen to lectures of reputable Islamic scholars. Better still, you can frequent Islamic websites to learn, but you have to be careful not to fall victim of these fake websites established by Christians, jews and even deviant Muslims(Shiites etc) which they will call Islamic website to lead Muslims astray.

And that programme suggested by Cola is another great opportunity.
May Allah guide us aright.
Re: Muslim! It's Scary How Little Many Muslims Know! by nanayisha: 10:30pm On Jan 06, 2009
I definitely have to agree with you on this one. Islam is not just about Jummah people.
The more one get closers to ones deen, the more fulfilment and contentment one will acquire. Please let us get out of the dark where shaytan wants us to be and get on the straight path.
Re: Muslim! It's Scary How Little Many Muslims Know! by dexmond: 5:27pm On Aug 02, 2009
I am a christian, I support the idea that Muslims should study the Quran and especially the Hadiths. I don't mean just reciting it, I mean Quran study like we do during Bible study. We take the bible and study it, ask questions and pray.When you have done it then your eyes will "open". Take for instance, if not because I study the Quran and the hadiths, how do you think I Quote those scriptures that a lot of Muslims never knew exist.
Re: Muslim! It's Scary How Little Many Muslims Know! by littleb(m): 11:19pm On Aug 02, 2009
Thanks for the advice and your idea. However, I think probably you got some points wrong, muslims are actually studying quran. And not only studied it but also encouraged to memorized it off head for thier daily life requirement. Quran is a daily need of Muslims like sermon, there are lot of muslims who can reference each verse from first surah to the last off head and give much details of its tafsir and relevant hadiths. If you have came about muslims who doesn't well versed in the Quran doesnt means he does not aware of its relevant message therein.

It is very stupid of a muslim who pray salat everyday and doesn't clearly understand or make effort to understand the book he worship with.
Re: Muslim! It's Scary How Little Many Muslims Know! by olabowale(m): 11:38pm On Aug 02, 2009
But dexmond is missing the point. While he has studied the "Quran and Hadith" , if he can be believed, he lacks the esential ingredient; Iman. He has none! His type of knowledge is useless and benefits him none. We call people like him "orientalists" Mutamushrikuun. You have them all over the world. I know couple of them, Christians and Jews, etc. from Arab and none arab societies. John Esposito is a very good example.

You have to acquire Iman, man.
Re: Muslim! It's Scary How Little Many Muslims Know! by mukina2: 11:45pm On Aug 02, 2009
littleb:

Thanks for the advice and your idea. However, I think probably you got some points wrong, muslims are actually studying quran. And not only studied it but also encouraged to memorized it off head for thier daily life requirement. Quran is a daily need of Muslims like sermon, there are lot of muslims who can reference each verse from first surah to the last off head and give much details of its tafsir and relevant hadiths. If you have came about muslims who doesn't well versed in the Quran doesnt means he does not aware of its relevant message therein.

It is very stupid of a muslim who pray salat everyday and doesn't clearly understand or make effort to understand the book he worship with.

one of the reasons why in our madrass, we spelled from Suratul Fatiha to Suratul A'alla. We also did Sara for the sara Surahs and did tafsir on completion.

which is why most of us know atleast most of the short surahs offhead. and the du'ahs.

(1) (Reply)

Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number / Shia & Sunni Islam / A Look At Islam’s Victory By Nonviolent Resistance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.