Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan (2055 Views)

No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years: Jonathan / Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan / Voting APC Will Mean No Govt Shld Take Us For Granted..let's Remove The Sentimen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 27, 2015
No govt can fix Nigeria in 4 years – Jonathan

Category: Lead stories Published on Tuesday, 27 January 2015 05:02 Written by Isiaka Wakili & Abdulateef Aliyu, Ilorin Hits: 2391

President Goodluck Jonathan addressing a PDP presidential rally in Ilorin, Kwara State yesterday.
President Goodluck Jonathan has declared that there no government could solve Nigeria’s problems within four years.

The president made this declaration, yesterday when he paid a courtesy call on the Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu Gambari in continuation of his re-election campaign.
He emphasised that beyond tackling the Boko Haram insurgency, his administration was addressing other challenges in several sectors of the economy, including creating jobs through diverse means.
He said: “Beyond tackling the insurgency, we are creating road networks; we are moving faster in several sectors. There is no way within four years any government can finish the programmes of this country”.
The President’s declaration contrasted sharply with his previous remark over four years ago in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Jonathan had while interacting with Nigerians in Addis-Ababa, in February 2011, promised that if voted in for the next four years, he would ensure significant improvement in power, especially.
He had said: “Without security, there is no government. So it is not debatable, it is something we have to address and we are working towards that with vigour.
“But if I’m voted into power within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past.
“Four years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement and if I can’t improve on power within this period, it then means I cannot do anything even if I am there for the next four years.”
The president disclosed that the military would take delivery of additional equipment beginning this week as part of his administration’s efforts towards containing the Boko Haram insurgency.
He expressed optimism that this would enable the country to move faster in another two weeks in curtailing the insurgency.
“We have been to many states, in Abuja, Sokoko, Gombe, Kano and Niger States and the north-east states of Yobe, Borno and Adamawa where we are battling insurgency.
“And we will surely give it a halt. We are creating platform for our military and in another two weeks, we would move faster than we have been moving before”, Jonathan said.
Jonathan added: “We have intervened in several programmes especially in the area of agriculture. We are committed to moving this country forward, to create jobs for the country through diverse means.
“We are working very hard to create jobs for our youths, we are encouraging the growth of small and medium enterprises in order to improve our economy and create wealth for the people”.
Jonathan noted that he was at the emir’s palace to personally inform the royal father that he was running for his “remaining time” in office.
“Today, we are here in this state for a political rally. Your Royal Highness, we are here for a purpose. We have been here for a number of times. 2011, I was here. After that, I have been here.
“Today, we are here for the same mission that brought us in 2011. Even though you must have heard before, I’m here to personally tell you that I am running for my remaining time in office with my vice president who would continue to be my running mate”.
He introduced the gubernatorial candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in the state, Senator Simeon Ajibola to the emir, and pledged that the people of Kwara State would continue to enjoy freedom and quality of life, if they vote in the PDP candidates.
In his remarks, the emir said having observed Jonathan’s performance over the years, he was convinced that he had done well.
He prayed God to crown Jonathan’s efforts with success and called on politicians to conduct their campaigns without violence.

Source:
http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/45430-no-govt-can-fix-nigeria-in-4-years-jonathan
Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 27, 2015
Is that why you are trying to destroy it in 6years?

3 Likes

Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 27, 2015
eighTHREAD:
Is that why you are trying to destroy it in 6years?

Don't mind the clueless and inept confused man.

2 Likes

Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by ArchEnemy(m): 8:27am On Jan 27, 2015
Maybe we should give another Government 4 years to substantiate your claim

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by Segadem(m): 8:28am On Jan 27, 2015
Mr. Man u got six years!

1 Like

Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by Elslim: 8:29am On Jan 27, 2015
Dat wan mean say d damage wey hm don do will take more dan 4yrs to repair.. may God help Us

2 Likes

Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by genieplus86(f): 8:29am On Jan 27, 2015
But you had six years, despite the fact that u understudied the Late president. How many more years do you need then Mr President?

1 Like

Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by san316(m): 8:31am On Jan 27, 2015
Hopeless talk. then why did you promise us four years ago that blackouts in Nigeria will be a thing of the past in 2015.?
Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by clevvermind(m): 8:34am On Jan 27, 2015
Jonathan is right. it would definitely take more time to fix this country that was seriously messed up by our past leaders. let's give Jonathan more time. vote continuity.

1 Like

Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by egift(m): 8:34am On Jan 27, 2015
Jonathan is always giving excuses to justify his failures. Nigeria want Change and a Positive Change we will get. Sai Buhari.
Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by Yeske2(m): 8:39am On Jan 27, 2015
You made it worse than you met it for six years and now you need more four years to finally nail it's coffin and bury it? No way Mr president.
Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by Akpan107(m): 8:42am On Jan 27, 2015
GEJ till 2019.

We rejected Buhari before, we are going to do it again.

2 Likes

Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 27, 2015
We all know,nobody was expecting an instant miracle but we expected a lil change and an improvement in the situation of the country not backwardness

With due respect Mr President....I can openly say you have failed all Nigerians

1 Like

Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by Akpan107(m): 8:44am On Jan 27, 2015
clevvermind:
Jonathan is right. it would definitely take more time to fix this country that was seriously messed up by our past leaders. let's give Jonathan more time. vote continuity.
True talk, GEJ need more 4 Years...

1 Like

Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 27, 2015
kallmemrB:
We all know but we expected a lil change and an improvement in the situation of the country

You too
Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 27, 2015
Clueless personified Jonathan. He has just proved it.

Sai Buhari
Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by maxdozie(m): 8:45am On Jan 27, 2015
I like GEJ cos he is always Sincere... He know Nigeria Isn't yet Fix. And He Knows even More 4yrs Cant Fix Nigeria....
But Buhari keeps Boosting Of Fixing it In 2Days..
Oga Fixer...

Buhari Never Hear Anything..
Park Buhari Pull over
Reverse Buhari pull over
Show Us your Certificate I say PULL OVER!!..
.Gej Till 2023!..

1 Like

Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by farano(f): 8:47am On Jan 27, 2015
All is well.
Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by Chillext(m): 8:48am On Jan 27, 2015
He should speak for himself
Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by Akpan107(m): 8:50am On Jan 27, 2015
kallmemrB:
We all know but we expected a lil change and an improvement in the situation of the country

GEJ has not fail Nigeria in anyway. He has done is best.

50 Years of corrupt system, unemployment, our rail that has been down for years. Look, GEJ need morethan 4 Years to really fix this Country.

Obasanjo spent 8 Years, will name 2 visible things he did, infact, name 1, and i will name 10 GEJ's completed project.
Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by jorlons(m): 8:52am On Jan 27, 2015
GEJ a name synonymous to deceit, hypocrisy, No Integrity.
Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 27, 2015
brito:

You too
anlm not in support of Jonathan or buhari ...but the truth is Mr president has honestly failed us...

Like what I told people in 2011.....having a good name doesn't literally gurranty a good governance
Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 27, 2015
kallmemrB:
anlm not in support of Jonathan or buhari ...but the truth is Mr president has honestly failed us...

Like what I told people in 2011.....having a good name doesn't literally gurranty a good governance

kk, good morning
Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 27, 2015
brito:

kk, good morning
goodmirning,hope ur night was amazing.. Shout out to ur boo.. Have a wonderful day
Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by celeron40(m): 9:17am On Jan 27, 2015
Akpan107:
GEJ till 2019.

We rejected Buhari before, we are going to do it again.
Of course we rejected Buhari...2003, 2007, 2011..But this year, we won't accept GEJ anymore..and by June this year, he'll be cooling his heels in KiriKiri along with Alams, Madueke, Oduah, Otteh, Bode George, and any other thief with whom they shared our 20billion.
Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by teewai3(m): 9:20am On Jan 27, 2015
Akpan107:
GEJ has not fail Nigeria in anyway. He has done is best.

50 Years of corrupt system, unemployment, our rail that has been down for years. Look, GEJ need morethan 4 Years to really fix this Country.

Obasanjo spent 8 Years, will name 2 visible things he did, infact, name 1, and i will name 10 GEJ's completed project.

obasanjo is the best president nigeria has ever had

1 Like

Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by OLADD: 9:36am On Jan 27, 2015
zayidhs:
No govt can fix Nigeria in 4 years – Jonathan

Category: Lead stories Published on Tuesday, 27 January 2015 05:02 Written by Isiaka Wakili & Abdulateef Aliyu, Ilorin Hits: 2391

President Goodluck Jonathan addressing a PDP presidential rally in Ilorin, Kwara State yesterday.
President Goodluck Jonathan has declared that there no government could solve Nigeria’s problems within four years.

The president made this declaration, yesterday when he paid a courtesy call on the Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu Gambari in continuation of his re-election campaign.
He emphasised that beyond tackling the Boko Haram insurgency, his administration was addressing other challenges in several sectors of the economy, including creating jobs through diverse means.
He said: “Beyond tackling the insurgency, we are creating road networks; we are moving faster in several sectors. There is no way within four years any government can finish the programmes of this country”.
The President’s declaration contrasted sharply with his previous remark over four years ago in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Jonathan had while interacting with Nigerians in Addis-Ababa, in February 2011, promised that if voted in for the next four years, he would ensure significant improvement in power, especially.
He had said: “Without security, there is no government. So it is not debatable, it is something we have to address and we are working towards that with vigour.
“But if I’m voted into power within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past.
“Four years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement and if I can’t improve on power within this period, it then means I cannot do anything even if I am there for the next four years.”
The president disclosed that the military would take delivery of additional equipment beginning this week as part of his administration’s efforts towards containing the Boko Haram insurgency.
He expressed optimism that this would enable the country to move faster in another two weeks in curtailing the insurgency.
“We have been to many states, in Abuja, Sokoko, Gombe, Kano and Niger States and the north-east states of Yobe, Borno and Adamawa where we are battling insurgency.
“And we will surely give it a halt. We are creating platform for our military and in another two weeks, we would move faster than we have been moving before”, Jonathan said.
Jonathan added: “We have intervened in several programmes especially in the area of agriculture. We are committed to moving this country forward, to create jobs for the country through diverse means.
“We are working very hard to create jobs for our youths, we are encouraging the growth of small and medium enterprises in order to improve our economy and create wealth for the people”.
Jonathan noted that he was at the emir’s palace to personally inform the royal father that he was running for his “remaining time” in office.
“Today, we are here in this state for a political rally. Your Royal Highness, we are here for a purpose. We have been here for a number of times. 2011, I was here. After that, I have been here.
“Today, we are here for the same mission that brought us in 2011. Even though you must have heard before, I’m here to personally tell you that I am running for my remaining time in office with my vice president who would continue to be my running mate”.
He introduced the gubernatorial candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in the state, Senator Simeon Ajibola to the emir, and pledged that the people of Kwara State would continue to enjoy freedom and quality of life, if they vote in the PDP candidates.
In his remarks, the emir said having observed Jonathan’s performance over the years, he was convinced that he had done well.
He prayed God to crown Jonathan’s efforts with success and called on politicians to conduct their campaigns without violence.

Source:
http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/45430-no-govt-can-fix-nigeria-in-4-years-jonathan

That's absolute truism. Anybody that claim to possess the magic wand to solve all problems bedeviling the nation is just been pretentious and unrealistic. Nigeria has witnessed untoward degradation in all her facets of life due to maladministration, lack of continuity in governance and most importantly due to the military foray in the nation's affairs. If Buhari had not truncated democracy in 1983, if IBB had not annulled the most credible election in 1993 and most pathetically, if OBJ had not wasted his 8-year rule on frivolities, the nation would have unarguably grown proportionately more than the current spate. With dilapidated infrastructure, comatose rail system, bad road network, mediocre civil service, maladministred Electricity and Aviation sectors, inefficient and corrupt NPA, underfunded and mismanaged agric sector just to mention but few, all inherited by Jonathan's government, it negates all logics for any rational mind to expect speedy correction of these anomalies in four years. But without prejudice, Jonathan's adminstration has performed creditably well in turning the tide and re-fixing Nigeria even in the mist of unwarranted distractions by Boko haram and an unreasonably hostile opposition.
Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by Akpan107(m): 9:58am On Jan 27, 2015
teewai3:

obasanjo is the best president nigeria has ever had
Tell me what Obasanjo has done, just two things.
Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by bokohalal(m): 10:12am On Jan 27, 2015
The guy does not even hide it anymore that he does not know what to do with the office he is occupying.
Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by fresh15: 11:24am On Jan 27, 2015
Think of the whole nine years of General Yakubu Gowon, the seven months of General Murtala Muhammed, the four years of Shehu Shagari. The almost two years of Buhari, the eight years of General Ibrahim Babangida, the five years of General Sani Abacha, the one year of Abdulsalami Abubakar and the two years of Umaru Yar’Adua. For almost 40 years of the 54 that we have had flag independence, the North has ruled the nation, but what did their leadership do for Nigeria? Why are the Northern elites now hell-bent on taking back power at the top? How long have they been out of it that they now want it back? What did they do with it for their people when they had it? These Northern Leaders are bereft of ideas,that is why despite all these years they were at the top,no valuable impact was recorded.Therefore,Jonathan should be re-elected to continue his good job which is geared towards amending and repairing what these wicked leaders including Buhari destroyed.He needs more tlme.
Re: No Govt Can Fix Nigeria In 4 Years – Jonathan by teewai3(m): 12:29pm On Jan 27, 2015
Akpan107:
Tell me what Obasanjo has done, just two things.

1. securing debt relief and improving the image of the country.
Obasanjo said when he became President in 1999, Nigeria’s reserve was $3.7bn and the country was spending $3bn every year to pay interest on debts.
“At the time we owed about $35bn. But by
the time I left, our reserve was about $45bn.
We had paid all our debts. Our debt sum, all
that we owed was about $3bn. And we had
about $35bn in what we call the excess crude
account for a rainy day. And when we left
they said the rain has come and cleared the
account,” he said.
2. Opening the telecomm sector
3.Commercilization of nepa to phcn by
unbundling it into 18 successor companies on
1st July 2005

(1) (2) (Reply)

2015 Elections: Open Letter To My Igbo Brothers / Protesting Widows Block Kaduna-zaria-kano Expressway Over Death Of Husbands / 8 Nigerian Politicians Caught Sleeping In Public (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.