Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,693 members, 7,955,622 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:04 AM

Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala (24906 Views)

Buhari In Fresh Trouble . Did He Lie Under Oath . / Did Buhari Really Lied Under Oath / Muhammadu Buhari Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by Mftivi: 9:46pm On Jan 27, 2015
dear buharists I have not seen any of you prove or try to prove wrong the atrocities buhari committed as stated by many Nigerians and some who claim to be victims. leaves me to think you agree its true and you still support him. All I have to say to you is God forbid, your consience is dead, you are more biased than a forward bias diode

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by drss(m): 9:49pm On Jan 27, 2015
myhoodlink:

Just search online. It's everywhere
Thanks. Just downloaded the documentary. It's about 82mb and last 55minutes.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by maestroferddi: 9:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
obailala:
In their desperation, these PDP people keep making a fool of themselves trying to dig up dirt where there's none.

A man applied to join the military and submitted his credentials. 53 years later he is asked and he says (swears) the military has his documents. The military comes out to say they no longer have these credentials.

How does this story taint the integrity of the man?... This is more like an indictment of the Nigerian Army and not Buhari.

Continually searching for filth in Buhari's integrity is like searching for dirt in distilled water. My advise to PDP is to stick with their islamization / old man silly propaganda.
Oga leave that thing!

PDP have gotten Buhari's measure, pure and simple. In one moment, his certificates were seized by Babangida when he was toppled from government. In another, his certificates are with the secretary of the military board.

Which one do we take? I think he has been cornered. His guesswork/ conjectures do not cohere.

Classic rope-a-d.o.p.e from PDP.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by FOLLOWJESUS: 10:01pm On Jan 27, 2015
Femi Aribisala is a man that always stand for the truth,the truth must be told no matter what,sentiment must be put away in this matter because our value and intergrity as a nation is at stake,for some body who has vowed to fight corruption be standing on a faulty and currupt foundation,what kind of standard and example will this be to the youths and educational value,Rule of law must be the bed rock of fighting corruption,I love and respect Buhari but this certificate issue has rubished all what he stand for,it also showed that his militery carrier was build on fulse hood,it is a very serious matter and must not be taking for a joke at all.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by udohzone(m): 10:01pm On Jan 27, 2015
yayitifury:
Mr femi ari.......pls how much were you paid or better still how much do you intend to collect so u could rant more and more....

Please go to court and stop ranting here

Sai buhari with or without cert....

See what illiteracy is doing to you. Ha...you need to find rest and peace in education. It's what would deliver freedom to you!!!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by mrrock: 10:08pm On Jan 27, 2015
Well written!.
The fact he joined the Nigerian military with a mere letter of recommendation by his school principal simply means he did not join the military with any certificate. This's very easy for any unbiased person to understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by osebe: 10:17pm On Jan 27, 2015
ichidodo:
We don't understand the APC's rationality of fielding an ancient illiterate to take charge of a relative sophisticated country like ours, we are looking at the crosshairs of greed,self interest and sheer desperation on the part of thieffnubu, Buhari et al.. Now the anticorrupt toga has been swept off Buhari's person and Nigerians can view the hypocritical disgusting scum that is buhari...it is like faeces sprayed with the costliest of perfumes and passed off -via massive propaganda,violence,intimidation and blackmail-to Nigerians as 'change'..
The best comment I have read in a long while.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by ewosk: 10:19pm On Jan 27, 2015
Ok space booked...VOTE TINUBU/AMAECHI for PRESIDENCY 2015 ------ VOTE CHANGE!!! Vote ....

Generals dont need certificate..,he has been certified ok by tinubu and so many others...

Vote for d uncertain change after all Gej is not stern to persecute perjury and violent inciting fellows....
Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by xcolanto(m): 10:20pm On Jan 27, 2015
dabossman:

Ignorance and telling the truth to the best of your knowledge are two different things. How do we know that the army board isn't lying? Can they provide the copies of other officers who joined the army since 1960?

Bros, why would the army want to lie against a 'general'? please don't tell me GEJ has a hand in this as other e-urchins would say off some illegal substance. if indeed buhari attached his certificate to his enrolment form and the army states other wise, wouldn't all hell be let lose on the NA knowing they are deliberately slandering him? but buhari didn't question, argue or file any case against them because he knows they spoke the truth. I am sure officers from the 60's that have attached copies of their certificates in their application with the NA if questioned or requested would be made available by the NA.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by hedonistic: 10:25pm On Jan 27, 2015
Johnjack:
It is crystal clear for all to see why western education is a taboo in the core north.
If GMB is a stark illiterate as we are witnessing now that he can not defend his WASC,it is no surprise why the army
of youths especially Hausa and Fulan axis are all almajiris and potential BH bombers.

Haba, bros why na. This is not fair. That word "stark" makes the illiteracy seem worse than virulent madness. Just pity the Abokki call am only illiterate. No add "stark" join am....
grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by Kedam(m): 10:28pm On Jan 27, 2015
ASO ROCK no fit Buhari. I don't know why the man no understand since all this days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by cococandy(f): 10:33pm On Jan 27, 2015

Buhari stated in his affidavit that his academic qualification documents: “are currently with the Secretary, Military Board as of the time of presenting this affidavit.” However, the evidence indicates that Buhari must have known that this was not true at the time he swore on oath to this. This is because Buhari was the Military Secretary, Army Headquarters, from 1978-1979.

That means Buhari should not be believed when he says: “I had assumed all along that all my records were in the custody of the Military Secretary of the Nigerian Army.” On the contrary, Buhari knows from his experience as Military Secretary that certified true copies of the credentials of military men are not kept with the military board. Nobody keeps the originals of their credentials with the organizations where they worked: only photocopies are kept there. Therefore, Buhari was just being disingenuous when he claimed his certificates were with the military.

shocked shocked

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by FOLLOWJESUS: 10:34pm On Jan 27, 2015
grin[color=#990000][/color] ;DEMmmmmmmmmmm I dey laugh,Femi Aribisala,YOU ARE MY MAN

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by 36STATES: 10:38pm On Jan 27, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Why did muhammad hated Jewish so much , enslaved , killed them and raped their women ? He hated Jewish people so much that he made it part islam to hate Jewish. Muhammad said in his famous authentic hadith that the day of judgment will not come untill all the Jews are killed by muslims.
Recently, a Pakistani religious leader, Pirzada Muhammad Raza Saqib Mustafai, said: "When the Jews are wiped out ... the sun of peace [will] begin to rise on the entire world." The same preaching is routinely done not only by clerics, but by politicians -- in Iran, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and elsewhere. This is not just Ahmedinijad; it is at the heart of Islamic theology that world peace will be established only when all the Jews are wiped from the earth. But few people in Western media are alarmed by this kind of rhetoric or care to expose this dreadful dark side of Islam's obsession with Jew-hatred.
I do not believe that one has to be an authority on human behavior or group thinking to find out the obvious pathology in Islamic Jew-hatred. It is time for all of us to uncover and expose this atrocity against the Jewish people. We owe that to humanity and the truth.
No true Muslim can see that such hatred is unbecoming and unholy for a world religion to focus on and that the credibility of Islam is tarnished by such hatred. No Muslim is allowed to go far enough to self-analyze or ask why such hatred. Muslims defend Jew-hatred by claiming that Jews betrayed Muhammad and thus deserve of this kind of treatment. Even when I was a Muslim, I believed that the one-sided story against Jews by Islam was enough to justify all the killing, terror, lies, and propaganda by Islamic leaders against Jews. To the average Muslim, routinely cursing Jews in mosques feels normal and even holy!
After a lot of thinking, analysis, research, and writing, I discovered that Jew -atred in Islam is an essential foundation to the Islamic belief system that Muslims cannot seem to be able to rid themselves of. Jew-hatred masks an existential problem in Islam. Islam is terrified of the Jews, and the number-one enemy of Islam is the truth, which must be constantly covered at any cost. It does not matter how many Muslim men, women, and children die in the process of saving Islam's reputation. The number-one duty of Muslims is to protect the reputation of Islam and Mohammad. But why would a religion burden its followers like that? This is why:
When Mohammed embarked on his mission to spread Islam, his objective was to create a uniquely Arabian religion, one created by an Arab prophet, which reflected the Arabian values and culture. Yet to obtain legitimacy, he had to link it to the two previous Abrahamic religions, Judaism and Christianity. He expected the Jewish tribes who lived in Arabia to declare him their Messiah and thereby bring him more legitimacy with Arabs, especially with his own tribe in Mecca, the Quraish. Because his own tribe had rejected and ridiculed him, Mohammed needed the approval of the Jews, whom he called the people of the book. But the conversion of Jews to Islam was part of the scenario that Mohammed had to accomplish in order to prove to Meccans that they had made a mistake by rejecting him.
That was one of the reasons Mohammed chose to migrate to Medina, a town that had predominantly been settled by Jewish tribes and a few impoverished Arabs who lived around the Jews. The Jews allowed Mohammed to move in. At the beginning, the Koran of Mecca was full of appeals to the Jews, who were then described as "guidance and light" (5:44) and a "righteous" people (6:153-154), who "excelled the nations" (45:16). But when the Jews rejected the appeasement and refused to convert to Islam, Mohammed simply and completely flipped. The Quran changed from love to threats and then pure hatred, cursing, and commandments to kill Jews. Rejection by the Jews became an intolerable obsession with Mohammed.
Not only did the Jews reject him, but their prosperity made Mohammed extremely envious. The Jewish Arabian tribes earned their living from legitimate and successful business, but Mohammed earned his living and wealth through warfare -- by attacking Arab tribes, some of whom were from his own tribe -- and trade caravans, seizing their wealth and property. That did not look good for a man who claimed to be a prophet of God. The mere existence of the Jews made Mohammed look bad, which led Mohammed to unspeakable slaughter, beheading of 600 to 900 Jewish men of one tribe, and taking their women and children as slaves. Mohammed had the first pick of the prettiest woman as his sex slave. All of this senseless slaughter of the Jews was elaborately documented in Islamic books on the life of Mohammed -- not as something to be ashamed of, but as justified behavior against evil people
One does not have to be psychiatrist to see the obvious: that Mohammad was a tormented man after the massacre he orchestrated and forced his fighters to undertake to empower and to enrich himself and his religion. To reduce his torment, he needed everyone around him, as well as future generations, to participate in the genocide against the Jews, the only people whom he could not control. An enormous number of verses in the Koran encouraged Mohammed's fighters to fight, kill, and curse Muslim fighters who wanted to escape fighting and killing Jews. The Quran is full of promises of all kinds of pleasure in heaven to those who followed Mohammed's killing spree and curses and condemnation to those who chose to escape from fighting. Muslims were encouraged to feel no hesitation or guilt for the genocide because it was not they who did it, but rather "Allah's hand."
Mohammed never got over his anger, humiliation, and rejection by "the people of the book" and went to his grave tormented and obsessed that some Jews were still alive. On his deathbed, Mohammed entrusted Muslims to kill Jews wherever they found them, which made this a "holy commandment" that no Muslim can reject. Muslims who wrote sharia understood how Mohammed was extremely sensitive to criticism, and that is why criticizing Mohammed became the highest crime in Islam that will never be forgiven even if the offender repents. Mohammed's message on his deathbed was not for his followers to strive for holiness, peace, goodness, and to treat their neighbors as themselves, but rather a commandment for Muslims to continue the killing and the genocide against the Jews. Killing thus became a holy act of obedience to Mohammed and Allah himself.
Mohammed portrayed himself as a victim of Jews, and Muslims must avenge him until judgment day. With all Arab power, money, and influence around the world today, they still thrive at portraying themselves as victims. Sharia also codified into law the duty of every Muslim to defend Mohammed's honor and Islam with his own blood, and allowed the violation of many commandments if it is for the benefit of defending Islam and Mohammed. Thus, Muslims are carrying a huge burden, a holy burden, to defend Mohammed with their blood, and in doing so they are allowed to kill, lie, cheat, slander, and mislead

I hate those dirty baby killers too and I'm a christian.
Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by Ovacoma: 10:44pm On Jan 27, 2015
Batam:
That Aribisala is a confirm wee. Why is it now that he is writing article about Buhari's certificate? where is him all these years that Buhari has been contesting? Did Buhari not contest with Get in 2011? The bottom line is fear that is gripping Get camp
You didn't read the article or you don't understand it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by Onasa22: 10:55pm On Jan 27, 2015
Nigerians are waiting for Almajiri People's. Congress President to show his Certificate. GEJ til 2019, no vacancy in Aso Rock

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by balladin: 11:17pm On Jan 27, 2015
aguiyi:
our Yoruba brothers by name Femi have shown that sentiments aside, they are a force to reckon with when it comes to taking a stand and following it through.

They have also proven that they have certificates and can boldly show it to the world, you cant even dare to ask them for it cos they emit wisdom and good understanding of what they are doing.

we had the nerve to insist on Buharis showing his own grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

one is Fani the other is Aribisala, they are both femi and they are good at oratory, GEJ sure knows how to put square pegs in square holes.

no wonder the Russian ruble is crashing while the naira is a bit stable. recall that Russia is a world power while Nigeria is a third world country
You are very articulate and fluid in ur write up. GEJ till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by dabossman(m): 11:44pm On Jan 27, 2015
xcolanto:

Bros, why would the army want to lie against a 'general'? please don't tell me GEJ has a hand in this as other e-urchins would say off some illegal substance. if indeed buhari attached his certificate to his enrolment form and the army states other wise, wouldn't all hell be let lose on the NA knowing they are deliberately slandering him? but buhari didn't question, argue or file any case against them because he knows they spoke the truth. I am sure officers from the 60's that have attached copies of their certificates in their application with the NA if questioned or requested would be made available by the NA.

Well, like I said in my initial post, I would like to see this go to court. I'm not here to discuss GEJ or Buhari, but the charge of perjury based on the scenario at hand and the possibility of making it stick. Let's see how the prosecution and the defense will state their case if it ever gets to court. However, note that even the army admitted in their press conference that they really do not know what the procedure was as far as submitting and storing of academic records back in 1961.

Modified: Just to add. How will the prosecution prove beyond reasonable doubt that Buhari was aware that his certificate was not with the army, or lied about it. I'll give you a personal experience. When I got into 100L in the university, I went to register at my department and was required to submit copies of my academic credentials (WAEC & JAMB). I met the course adviser just as he was leaving for a meeting. He gave me a form to fill and asked me to submit it with my academic results to the department's secretary as he couldn't wait. He clearly stated he would collect it from her. I did as I was told and went my way, a proud, registered jambite.

Fast forward to almost the end of the session and I go to check my 1st semester results like everybody only to be told I was not registered in the department and hence had no records or result in the department. Apparently, the course adviser never collected my credentials. (Only God knows what happened to it till date.) Now, I had been going about believing I was a member of the department, attending classes, writing exams, only to be giving a shocker after almost a year. Imaging if I had sworn to an affidavit that I was a student in that department (for whatever reason) only for someone to make a background check to confirm my claim. Would I be said to have committed perjury?
Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by xcolanto(m): 11:54pm On Jan 27, 2015
dabossman:

Well, like I said in my initial post, I would like to see this go to court. I'm not here to discuss GEJ or Buhari, but the charge of perjury based on the scenario at hand and the possibility of making it stick. Let's see how the prosecution and the defense will state their case if it ever gets to court. However, note that even the army admitted in their press conference that they really do not know what the procedure was as far as submitting and storing of academic records back in 1961.

well I must say your in luck today because the case has so far made its way to the courts as wished. see link:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/certificate-controversy-abuja-lawyer-drags-buhari-court/

Also you might want to read what senior lawyers think on this matter. see link:

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/27726-probe-buhari-over-certificate-senior-lawyers-task-igp

keenly following up the case myself, its going to be an interesting one.. cheers
Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by dabossman(m): 12:03am On Jan 28, 2015
xcolanto:

well I must say your in luck today because the case has so far made its way to the courts as wished. see link:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/certificate-controversy-abuja-lawyer-drags-buhari-court/

Also you might want to read what senior lawyers think on this matter. see link:

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/27726-probe-buhari-over-certificate-senior-lawyers-task-igp

keenly following up the case myself, its going to be an interesting one.. cheers

Modified my post in case you missed it. Oh, and I think the case in court is about eligibility, not perjury.

Just to add. How will the prosecution prove beyond reasonable doubt that Buhari was aware that his certificate was not with the army, or lied about it. I'll give you a personal experience. When I got into 100L in the university, I went to register at my department and was required to submit copies of my academic credentials (WAEC & JAMB). I met the course adviser just as he was leaving for a meeting. He gave me a form to fill and asked me to submit it with my academic results to the department's secretary as he couldn't wait. He clearly stated he would collect it from her. I did as I was told and went my way, a proud, registered jambite.

Fast forward to almost the end of the session and I go to check my 1st semester results like everybody only to be told I was not registered in the department and hence had no records or result in the department. Apparently, the course adviser never collected my credentials. (Only God knows what happened to it till date.) Now, I had been going about believing I was a member of the department, attending classes, writing exams, only to be giving a shocker after almost a year. Imaging if I had sworn to an affidavit that I was a student in that department (for whatever reason) only for someone to make a background check to confirm my claim. Would I be said to have committed perjury?
Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by olisaEze(m): 12:21am On Jan 28, 2015
ayukdaboss:

See this one. Did the Ministry of Education, Katsina ever claim that they conducted the WASC examination in 1961? Besides the second document containing the list of students who sat for the examination in 1961 carried the logo of Cambridge University. Where did the Ministry claim they awarded Buhari a certificate in 1961 or is it possible that this lawyer too doesn't know the difference between a Statement of Result and a Certificate just like these silly TANoids?? Taking Buhari to court is not a problem, but the problem comes where you start using false stories as your defence.

Your moment of fame will soon be over Mr. Lawyer and by then you might have made a fool of yourself.
my broda no vex but the result appears to a fake. And its really disappointing dt GMB wud b a part of ds. Its supposed 2b a document bearing 1961 results, but NECO is also written on d top of d certificate. And d result grading include B3 n E8 whn those grades were introduced in 2000.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by xcolanto(m): 12:27am On Jan 28, 2015
dabossman:

Modified my post in case you missed it. Oh, and I think the case in court is about eligibility, not perjury.

Just to add. How will the prosecution prove beyond reasonable doubt that Buhari was aware that his certificate was not with the army, or lied about it. I'll give you a personal experience. When I got into 100L in the university, I went to register at my department and was required to submit copies of my academic credentials (WAEC & JAMB). I met the course adviser just as he was leaving for a meeting. He gave me a form to fill and asked me to submit it with my academic results to the department's secretary as he couldn't wait. He clearly stated he would collect it from her. I did as I was told and went my way, a proud, registered jambite.

If Buhari never submitted it to them in the first place then what is there to prove? He only said it was with them due to assumption and a high level of ignorance maybe stemming from old age or rapid forgetfulness as witnessed in several of his rallies nation wide. Afterall, he Buhari is not disputing the fact that the NA doesn't have it, that's why he offered to go to his school in his statement to obtain it. So there's no question that the NA docked or tampered with the said document because it was never there in the first place.

Not into law or psychology but for a 100 level student you had way too much laxity on your side. You should have gone to the department's secretary to confirm if indeed your course adviser had received the documents you had placed in her possession for him and not assume it had been passed on before you started parading yourself as a legitimate student, knowing the Nigerian educational system, that was a major error on your side. furthermore, you cannot swear to something you are not a 100% sure off, assuming this was a life and death situation would you have just gone ahead to swear on your life that your course adviser had received your document when you never saw it for yourself?

My point is, if you are not sure and accurate on a matter, never swear an oath to its accuracy. if in doubt you should make an inquiry to ascertain the status before confidently taking a stand.

to answer your question, yes you have committed perjury through assumption and ignorance which is no excuse in law.
Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by ayukdaboss(m): 12:29am On Jan 28, 2015
olisaEze:
my broda no vex but the result appears to a fake. And its really disappointing dt GMB wud b a part of ds. Its supposed 2b a document bearing 1961 results, but NECO is also written on d top of d certificate. And d result grading include B3 n E8 whn those grades were introduced in 2000.
Na wa O....How many times will you people be told that the first document was a "Statement of Result" not the Certificate??
The template used for the Statement of Result is probably used in the Katsina School for two different Examinations. WAEC/NECO..Anyone not being recorded will be crossed out. That's the reason the NECO was crossed.

I hope you are aware that Cambridge confirmed that they had the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 grade in 1961??
Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by ayukdaboss(m): 12:33am On Jan 28, 2015
dabossman:

They would never sit down to objectively reason this way..Everybody thinks that in a sensitive and very complicated situation like this, APC will be foolish enough to go and produce a forged WASC Result..Can you imagine?? grin grin

I believe APC is waiting for the right to time to deal PDP a very serious blow.
Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 12:47am On Jan 28, 2015
Those who fund Buhari campaign should start withdrawing their money and prepare for 2019

The man will not take part in 2015 election. Its all over

1 Like

Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by gbodimowo(m): 2:42am On Jan 28, 2015
adioolayi:
He should go to court or keep shut forever!
Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by sonnie10: 3:13am On Jan 28, 2015
dabossman:
Personally, I can't see how anybody wants to prove that Buhari lied under oath. He swore to an affidavit based on what he believed to be true.

If a father who is not in possession of his kids birth certificate swears to an affidavit that all the children born to him by his wife are his, and later discovers (maybe through a DNA test) that one or all of the kids are actually not his; would you say he lied under oath. Hard to prove. He swore to the affidavit based on what he believed to be true. Is it possible that the army board could be in possession of his credentials (original or copies)? The answer is yes. Could they have lost it or destroyed it? Maybe. The burden of proof is on his accusers. I'd like to see this go to court. The case would be an interesting one.

There is nothing to show that he ever presented any certificate to the army in the first place. The army have said that they are not sure what the practice was in 1961 about credential verification. What this means is that he has no witness, whether and individual or an organization who can claim that they have ever seen the alleged certificate.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by Remarkable: 4:15am On Jan 28, 2015
LFJ:
The same trash from the same person that belong to team of incompetent man that cannot campaign on his achivements after almost six years in office. Shame on you femi, shame on you Jonathan for wasting all the goodwill given to you out hope that you will make a significant change in our lives.
Instead of you to admit that you failed us, and allow us to rest in peace, you begin to hire all these fo.o.ls to dance naked in the market to celebrate your failure.

As a matter of fact, the shame is on you, my friend.

What is your name? What is your real name? Say your name so that the whole world can know the person behind this ID that deserves all the shame in the world for lieing that GEJ is not campaigning on his achievements.

Its either that you are a shameless liar or that you are a shamelss liar... which are you? Shameless liar?

1 Like

Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by confidenceikeh: 5:27am On Jan 28, 2015
The constitution can not be suspended. 4 any individual not even. Buhari.if he cannot present his certificates then why not allow the sleeping dog lie.
Titilayodeji13:

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/muhammadu-buhari-lied-oath/

1 Like

Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by dabossman(m): 6:00am On Jan 28, 2015
xcolanto:

If Buhari never submitted it to them in the first place then what is there to prove? He only said it was with them due to assumption and a high level of ignorance maybe stemming from old age or rapid forgetfulness as witnessed in several of his rallies nation wide. Afterall, he Buhari is not disputing the fact that the NA doesn't have it, that's why he offered to go to his school in his statement to obtain it. So there's no question that the NA docked or tampered with the said document because it was never there in the first place.

Not into law or psychology but for a 100 level student you had way too much laxity on your side. You should have gone to the department's secretary to confirm if indeed your course adviser had received the documents you had placed in her possession for him and not assume it had been passed on before you started parading yourself as a legitimate student, knowing the Nigerian educational system, that was a major error on your side. furthermore, you cannot swear to something you are not a 100% sure off, assuming this was a life and death situation would you have just gone ahead to swear on your life that your course adviser had received your document when you never saw it for yourself?

My point is, if you are not sure and accurate on a matter, never swear an oath to its accuracy. if in doubt you should make an inquiry to ascertain the status before confidently taking a stand.

to answer your question, yes you have committed perjury through assumption and ignorance which is no excuse in law.

Bro, I'm glad you said you are not into law. The law is not always so straitjacketed. It is subject to interpretation and also based on evidence available. So you cannot conclude that anyone has committed perjury until you can prove that he knowingly lied under oath.

I'm a manager in the organization where I work, and trust me if I ask someone to hand something over to my subordinate, maybe while I'm out of the office, I make it a duty to ask when I return. I don't expect a client or customer to come back and be asking "abeg, you don give oga that my file?"

From the bolded part of your statement, you have basically pointed out that our educational system is lax, hence a young and then naive undergraduate like me shouldn't have taken a full grown adult for his word (not minding the fact that I came from a secondary school where things worked). Can we then also infer that the Nigerian army could also have been lax administratively? Or maybe even complicity and even partisan in their claim that they don't have the document. The fact that Buhari hasn't disputed their claim doesn't mean he or his lawyers won't do so in court.

At the end of the day, like it was with my course adviser, it becomes his word against theirs.
Re: Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala by dabossman(m): 6:07am On Jan 28, 2015
sonnie10:

There is nothing to show that he ever presented any certificate to the army in the first place. The army have said that they are not sure what the practice was in 1961 about credential verification. What this means is that he has no witness, whether and individual or an organization who can claim that they have ever seen the alleged certificate.

Which is exactly my point. Who is there to prove whether he submitted or not. Buhari cannot prove that he did, neither can the Army prove that he didn't. It becomes a case of I submitted my documents..., no you didn't. Buhari had other documents in his file, but not his WASC result? Why? Did he truly submit it and someone is now trying to be funny, or did he not and he is just lying. How do we know? That is what a presiding judge will have to determine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Femi Falana, Fela Kuti And Beko (Throwback Photo) / Police Dismiss Six Personnel Attached To Wike / Sokoto To Complete Building Of 189 Mosques At N566m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.