Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,332 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? (13748 Views)

Man Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman In Bayelsa Caught Pants Down (Pics) / Married Man In Enugu Caught In Bed With Married Woman (photo) / Must A Married Woman Be Monogamous? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
bukatyne:

It was the time of ignorance

They did a lot of things which God did not approve of. Samson slept with a prostitute and still had the 'anointing ' to uproot the gates of Gaza till he met his waterloo grin

An eye for an eye, a leg for a leg etc. was in operation then amongst others.

We leave under a New Testament where Jesus wants us to grow into What We were supposed to be before the fall.

If you wanted polygamy, you came about 2015yrs late

Sorry bro tongue
Maybe we should revert to the commandments that existed before the fall then, and scrap the ten commandments. Life would be much simpler that way. I don't want polygamy, I just take exception to being lied to. Monogamy favours only women, whereas, polygamy would favour both genders. I've said this before, I would teach my sons to make their choices.

Per God bending the rules, I notice He does that for His anointed. They're allowed to break the rules, no? I might have to get anointed to get free passes to commit things like murder, after all, all I stand to lose is my baby at infancy.

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 27, 2015
bukatyne:

Yet he was not wise enough to know that foreign women would be the end of him cool

Abi o. And he had to open up and say "Everything is vanity, striving against the wind". Go figure!! The wives and concubines he had gradually made him worship idols. they were all idol worshippers! He no longer did what was good in the sight of God. And that is the wisest man ever liveth o. that is what they want to imitate. People dnt like reading those parts of the bible because the truth is too bitter to swallow. grin

2 Likes

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 27, 2015
Timbuktou:
Maybe we should revert to the commandments that existed before the fall then, and scrap the ten commandments. Life would be much simpler that way. I don't want polygamy, I just take exception to being lied to. Monogamy favours only women, whereas, polygamy would favour both genders. I've said this before, I would teach my sons to make their choices.

Per God bending the rules, I notice He does that for His anointed. They're allowed to break the rules, no? I might have to get anointed to get free passes to commit things like murder, after all, all I stand to lose is my baby at infancy.

If that is true, then you need to teach your daughters the same. cheesy smiley

5 Likes

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 27, 2015
Aprime:

Huh? cheesy
Paradox. Chill grin
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by bukatyne(f): 10:05pm On Jan 27, 2015
Timbuktou:

Per God bending the rules, I notice He does that for His anointed. They're allowed to break the rules, no? I mightIII have to get anointed to get free passes to commit things like murder, after all, all I stand to lose is my baby at infancy.

Are you sure monogamy favors only women? Check well

Sure it is only that? You have forgotten been dethroned by your own son while he sleeps with your concubines grin Trekking on the streets you once ruled over; son sleeping with daughter; son killing son etc.

Jacob did not even want two wives, he was tricked. Try working for 7yrs for a stuff and given something else; been deceived by other kids about the death of the first son of the wife you loved for 13yrs; been deceived by FIL 10times as regards wages grin

Solo your guy coolsuffered great torment; before the richest and wisest king say vanity upon vanity, all is vanity; you will know that his eyes don see grin

They did not have it easy though it might be easy to read.

The consolation is that they made heaven cheesy not sure of your Solo sha

4 Likes

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by idu1(m): 10:19pm On Jan 27, 2015
obowunmi:

How many wives do you have?
I am not married yet. I ll not be monogamous in future.

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 27, 2015
bukatyne:

Yet he was not wise enough to know that foreign women would be the end of him cool
I guess he didn't read the Ts & Cs.
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by thorpido(m): 10:31pm On Jan 27, 2015
Timbuktou:
The wisest man who ever existed.
He was not.Jesus said,'...a greater than solomon is here'.
Find out what the One greater than Solomon said about polygamy.He said God made them male and female(no plural).

2 Likes

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 27, 2015
bukatyne:

1. Are you sure monogamy favors only women? Check well

2. Sure it is only that? You have forgotten been dethroned by your own son while he sleeps with your concubines grin Trekking on the streets you once ruled over; son sleeping with daughter; son killing son etc.

3. Jacob did not even want two wives, he was tricked. Try working for 7yrs for a stuff and given something else; been deceived by other kids about the death of the first son of the wife you loved for 13yrs; been deceived by FIL 10times as regards wages grin

4. Solo your guy coolsuffered great torment; before the richest and wisest king say vanity upon vanity, all is vanity; you will know that his eyes don see grin

5. They did not have it easy though it might be easy to read.

6. The consolation is that they made heaven cheesy not sure of your Solo sha
1. Pretty sure.

2. Nah, that's all on David. He didn't bond with his kids. They were basically fatherless. The man was all over the place fighting wars and claiming territories. No father figure at home. Was Isaac polygamous? Remember what his only wife did to him and her own child? wink

3. Oh, please. What stopped him from seeking redress? He understood the implications of the "scam" and went along for another seven years. Haba. That's a sharp brother, right there.

4. Na diabetes kill dat one. Too mush of everything is bad. tongue

5. It was what it was. It wasn't anything to do with polygamy or monogamy. Remember Isaac, Lot?

6. I stand a chance, then. grin. You're such a beacon of hope.
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 27, 2015
thorpido:
He was not.Jesus said,'...a greater than solomon is here'.
Find out what the One greater than Solomon said about polygamy.He said God made them male and female(no plural).
He was second-wisest, then? That's good enough grin
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 27, 2015
carefreewannabe:

If that is true, then you need to teach your daughters the same. cheesy smiley
Oh, without a doubt. Emphasis on choice. wink
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 27, 2015
Timbuktou:
Oh, without a doubt. Emphasis on choice. wink

Really? I have doubts since you only mentioned your sons TWICE. Never mind! wink
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by cococandy(f): 10:51pm On Jan 27, 2015
bukatyne:

Lol @ Solomon

How many rams and cows have you sacrificed? David killed, are we sure killing is not OK? Rahab was a prostitute who is one of the fore mothers of Jesus; sure it is not OK?

Polygamy is not the only vice the men had; somehow it is the most acceptable angry
who told you killing is bad?
Who told you prostitution is a sin?

Children of God did it in the past so you don't have to be in doubt tongue
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 27, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Really? I have doubts since you only mentioned your sons TWICE. Never mind! wink
Doubt not, la belle. We're on a thread about male monogamy. wink
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by obiak4(m): 10:55pm On Jan 27, 2015
monogamy all the way what in gods name would make a man marry more than one wife?
pls would need answer to the above question so as to avoid it like a plaque
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 27, 2015
bukatyne:

Polygamy is not the only vice the men had; somehow it is the most acceptable angry
2 Cor 13:8. Polygamy is the truth.
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by cococandy(f): 10:56pm On Jan 27, 2015
obiak4:
monogamy all the way what in gods name would make a man marry more than one wife?
the freedom to cheat on one woman with another without the fear of repercussions.

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by obiak4(m): 11:04pm On Jan 27, 2015
cococandy:
the freedom to cheat on one woman with another without the fear of repercussions.
may the gods help me don't wanna get involved in it #teamonemanonewife#
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by obowunmi(m): 11:26pm On Jan 27, 2015
idu1:
I am married yet. I ll not be monogamous in future.

How do you cope with monogamy? Or is that you've not been caught yet..

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 27, 2015
Timbuktou:
Doubt not, la belle. We're on a thread about male monogamy. wink

So?

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by obowunmi(m): 11:34pm On Jan 27, 2015
cococandy:

Is it cheating if you're legally married to all the women or if they're your baby mama....

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by thorpido(m): 9:00am On Jan 28, 2015
Timbuktou:
He was second-wisest, then? That's good enough grin
You should follow the best.
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by assfreaky(m): 9:31am On Jan 28, 2015
VickyyB:
Vickyyb will murder that dude who cheats on him. undecided (paradox & satire)

Mmm, my sumptuous mgbeke, where have you been? Don't ignore me o unless....
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Kedam(m): 9:44am On Jan 28, 2015
VickyyB:
Vickyyb will murder that dude who cheats on him. undecided (paradox & satire)
Are u sure of that?
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Kedam(m): 9:52am On Jan 28, 2015
bukatyne:

Are you sure monogamy favors only women? Check well

Sure it is only that? You have forgotten been dethroned by your own son while he sleeps with your concubines grin Trekking on the streets you once ruled over; son sleeping with daughter; son killing son etc.

Jacob did not even want two wives, he was tricked. Try working for 7yrs for a stuff and given something else; been deceived by other kids about the death of the first son of the wife you loved for 13yrs; been deceived by FIL 10times as regards wages grin

Solo your guy coolsuffered great torment; before the richest and wisest king say vanity upon vanity, all is vanity; you will know that his eyes don see grin

They did not have it easy though it might be easy to read.

The consolation is that they made heaven cheesy not sure of your Solo sha
love your preaching
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by bukatyne(f): 1:46pm On Jan 28, 2015
Kedam:
love your preaching

Thanks cheesy
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by bukatyne(f): 1:48pm On Jan 28, 2015
Timbuktou:
2 Cor 13:8. Polygamy is the truth.

I said you should open your church...

You will definitely bring a fresh angle to the Christian space....

A lot of pastors hammer on prosperity and marriage

Introducing polygamy will bring a fresh twist...

Need I say it begins with you wink

2 Likes

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by bukatyne(f): 1:50pm On Jan 28, 2015
cococandy:
who told you killing is bad?
Who told you prostitution is a sin?

Children of God did it in the past so you don't have to be in doubt tongue

These are the 'shildren' of 'god' grin

Anything goes cheesy

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 28, 2015
No one has stopped you from marrying a woman from your forefather's time who would agree to being in a polygamous marriage but if you consider marrying someone who expects it to just you and her in the relationship then you keep it that way or you simply do not marry

1 Like

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 28, 2015
obowunmi:

Does one live to keep his wife happy or make himself happy?
do you expect your wife to do what makes both of you happy or what only makes her happy?
Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 28, 2015
obowunmi:
There are folks interested in polygamy and there are folks interested in monogamy.

Just live your own life. Don't judge.
when you wife decides to get pregnant for another men because she is interested in having more than one kondo you shouldnt judge her, just let her live her life smiley

3 Likes

Re: Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? by bukatyne(f): 2:27pm On Jan 28, 2015
Timbuktou:

1. Pretty sure. Do you want to give up the freedom of cleaving to one woman? You can be open to her and share your fears without barriers. Imagine having to open up to Shade, Titi, Chioma, Halima... haba

2. Nah, that's all on David. He didn't bond with his kids. They were basically fatherless. The man was all over the place fighting wars and claiming territories. No father figure at home. Was Isaac polygamous? Remember what his only wife did to him and her own child? wink Rebekah was acting out a script written by God tongue Just how Judas was acting a script too

3. Oh, please. What stopped him from seeking redress? He understood the implications of the "scam" and went along for another seven years. Haba. That's a sharp brother, right there. What redress? After sleeping with her? He couldn't divorce her because she was a virgin. The options were to marry Rachael or forget her. He loved her and was still willing to go for it after been scammed. Jacob hated Leah (first wife) that's why God gave her babies and according to Isrealite customs, you cannot stop sleeping with your wife or providing her clothes even if you 'hate' her and have a second wife. Remember Moses was not born and there was no provision for divorce grin

4. Na diabetes kill dat one. Too mush of everything is bad. tongue Lols

5. It was what it was. It wasn't anything to do with polygamy or monogamy. Remember Isaac, Lot? Lot was greedy and fearful; he chose the best lands for himself without consideration for Abraham and when the Angels told him to run to the hills, he limited himself and requested to stay in small village instead. If he went to a town, his daughters would have looked for some one else to bang. Issac (what happened to him apart from the barreness of his wife? and the son's/mother's deceit? Remember that God doesnot love Esau and loves Jacob and destined him to be above his brother? If Rebekah/Jacob did not do that, something else would have happened) Ori Esau gba bode noni tongue

6. I stand a chance, then. grin. You're such a beacon of hope. Unfortunately for you, your are not gunning for bukatyne's heaven tongue grin lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fire Kills Family Of Five In Kebbi State (photo) / Couple Welcomess Triplets After 13 Years Of Childlessness / Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.