Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,918 members, 7,810,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone (33908 Views)

6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios / Computer Village: See Why Prices Of Mobile Phones Are On The Increase / Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by flyca: 9:56am On Jan 30, 2015
nani667:

If your device has an IR blaster then there are many remote control apps you can install and flex ✔

It has. Pls can you name so of the control apps
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Randerl: 9:59am On Jan 30, 2015
danchuzzy:

Bros... How you take do am?

shurlar50:

set a new device connection in your phone(a new APN) thus:
APN: web.GPRS.mtnnigeria.net
IP address: 127.0.0.1
Port: 8080
Save it and tick it as your desired/default APN..After doing the above,
go to Google, search for simpleandroidserver apk and download/install it.
when you open the app, you should sight "settings" at the right edge of your screen. tap it and enter these configurations:
*PD proxy: 8080
*PD proxy host: 10.199.212.2
*Injection method: Get
*Query/URL: http://web.blackberry.com
Injection host: web.blackberry.com
Injection line: tap the enter key 4times(make sure the cursor ends at 4th line)
Log level: Debug.
Close settings and connect the app....you should be able to browse with it, provided you have an active bus/BBC Mtn plan

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Randerl: 10:02am On Jan 30, 2015
stanboy28:
dude abeg share d annoiting and let d oil flow from d alter to the pple

shurlar50:

set a new device connection in your phone(a new APN) thus:
APN: web.GPRS.mtnnigeria.net
IP address: 127.0.0.1
Port: 8080
Save it and tick it as your desired/default APN..After doing the above,
go to Google, search for simpleandroidserver apk and download/install it.
when you open the app, you should sight "settings" at the right edge of your screen. tap it and enter these configurations:
*PD proxy: 8080
*PD proxy host: 10.199.212.2
*Injection method: Get
*Query/URL: http://web.blackberry.com
Injection host: web.blackberry.com
Injection line: tap the enter key 4times(make sure the cursor ends at 4th line)
Log level: Debug.
Close settings and connect the app....you should be able to browse with it, provided you have an active bus/BBC Mtn plan
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by networkgenuis: 10:08am On Jan 30, 2015
ollah1:

You can't use just one Android phone to judge. Sony is very poor in optimization and calibration. Most OEMs use Sony sensor for their cameras yet they produce better pictures than Sony. Compare the iPhone 6+ camera with Nexus 6. The latter kills it while Samsung Note 4 murders both phones.

They are all great devices

Lol, bro not that I'm mouthing off but I'm a gadget enthusiast.forget that Sony doesn't have a large share of the Android market but believe me, they make some of the best Android devices. I have neither used the Nexus 6 nor Note 4 so I wouldn't want to make an uninformed comment.

But remember that iPhone 6+ has just 1GB RAM, dual core processor and 8MP rear camera.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by luciano80(m): 10:13am On Jan 30, 2015
Hmmm.....we need Texazpete on this one
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Hugo7(m): 10:18am On Jan 30, 2015
With an Iphone(prison) too many restrictions but it has one advantage(security), with and andriod (freedom) no restrictions, it depends on your choic I won't buy a hummer cos everyone is buying one ,as for me andriod rules.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 30, 2015
networkgenuis:

Lol, bro not that I'm mouthing off but I'm a gadget enthusiast.forget that Sony doesn't have a large share of the Android market but believe me, they make some of the best Android devices. I have neither used the Nexus 6 nor Note 4 so I wouldn't want to make an uninformed comment.

But remember that iPhone 6+ has just 1GB RAM, dual core processor and 8MP rear camera.

Apple decided to stick to those numbers. They wouldn't have introduced the 128GB if not for DROID devices supporting 128GB storage via memory card. The next iPhone won't be 8pixels or have a GB ram.

Sony makes one of the best yes, but they are behind Samsung, LG, HTC hence plans to sell their mobile division.

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 30, 2015
loswhite:
please don't waste your time educating techno fan.... grin

See how my broda fall some people hand sha. Well can't stop looooool(ing).

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by egopersonified(f): 10:46am On Jan 30, 2015
Is #13,open and view multiple apps at once, possible with gionee m2?
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by dmcdad: 10:57am On Jan 30, 2015
ITbomb:
Coming from a Windows background, I don't think I can use any operating system without a good file manager. Apple sucks

Patiently waiting for Windows 10
Already using it (though the technical preview). Makes lot of sense.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by networkgenuis: 10:58am On Jan 30, 2015
ollah1:

Apple decided to stick to those numbers. They wouldn't have introduced the 128GB if not for DROID devices supporting 128GB storage via memory card. The next iPhone won't be 8pixels or have a GB ram.

Sony makes one of the best yes, but they are behind Samsung, LG, HTC hence plans to sell their mobile division.
I believe Apple decided to introduce higher storage capacity because of the advancement in the MSD technology and not because of Android. You really need to get yourself an iPhone to really understand the technological marvel that piece of device is. I started using an iPhone for the first time 2 months ago and to be honest, I use to have the same opinion as you.

Sony being behind Samsung and HTC isn't because Samsung and HTC makes better phones! For example, Xperia Z2 and HTC M8 were released almost the same time but the Z2 trashes M8 in almost all indices of comparison. Why Sony isn't popular is because they aren't so aggressive in marketing like HTC and Samsung.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by dayveed1(m): 11:06am On Jan 30, 2015
I can give 1000 reasons why iphone is better than any android craps.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by ITbomb(m): 11:09am On Jan 30, 2015
dmcdad:

Already using it (though the technical preview). Makes lot of sense.
I wonder how it will be on phones/mobile. Can it beat android.
If truly we are going to run exe files on mobile, the sky will not limit us
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by xmich(m): 11:09am On Jan 30, 2015
In other words android may be refer to as Goodluck Jonathan who will give you the fullness of democracy as android will give you control over what you paid for,thereby giving you the right of ownership in its fullness,
while Iphone may be refer to be Buhari who will deny you,your right of citizenship as Iphone will give you limited access to your gadget,

in conclusion android is the smartest gadget ever rocket and will always dance shoki till iphone tells us one convinceing feature it get that will make us vote

i mean purchase its product.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 30, 2015
networkgenuis:

I believe Apple decided to introduce higher storage capacity because of the advancement in the MSD technology and not because of Android. You really need to get yourself an iPhone to really understand the technological marvel that piece of device is. I started using an iPhone for the first time 2 months ago and to be honest, I use to have the same opinion as you.

Sony being behind Samsung and HTC isn't because Samsung and HTC makes better phones! For example, Xperia Z2 and HTC M8 were released almost the same time but the Z2 trashes M8 in almost all indices of comparison. Why Sony isn't popular is because they aren't so aggressive in marketing like HTC and Samsung.

Ohh.. You started using an iPhone for the first time. Lemme guess, it's the new iPhone and it's running iOS8, yet it's been compared to devices that came earlier with less powerful chipset. Xperia Z2 doesn't trash M8 in any aspect besides the camera and it's cos of the ultra pixel gimme HTC stubbornly continue to implement. HTC M8 was the best smartphone of 2014.

Pick up a note 4 and see things for yourself. Mind you, it's running KK.

HTC isn't aggressive in marketing.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by dmcdad: 11:21am On Jan 30, 2015
networkgenuis:

Splendid! Couldn't have come up with a better rebuttal myself.
I used to have the same opinion as the OP until I decided to try an iPhone and now, I hardly touch my Xperia Z2.

The fluidity of the OS is awe inspiring and the seamless integration of the hardware and software dumbfounding. Hardware optimization is excellent. Else how can you explain why an iPhone 6+ with just 8MP rear camera having far better picture quality than Sony Xperia Z2 of 20MP?

Each OS has its selling point, stick to what works for you. I still respect Android OS for it's flexibility but an iPhone is an engineering marvel, don't criticize blindly.
Thank God we still have sane people like you and the guy you quoted. What is wrong with sticking with what works for you? People are just envious because they can't purchase an iPhone, and so they beef up people who do. The same thing that happens to Techno users. With a due respect to Techno fans in the house please. Techno users are always against other Android OEMs, especially the high end ones. Why? Simply because they can't afford such a premium device, they get all beefed up with it.

Every OS has its selling point. Besides, it's just too wrong to compare iPhones to Android. You compare iPhones to whatever OEM you choose. Or rather, iOS to Android. And in doing the iOS to Android comparisons, hardware or OEMs should be outta the question.

Imagine comparing Apple's iPhone to different OEMs in the Android ecosystem. It's wrong!

Anywayz, the OP failed to point out that Apple runs its OS 64bit chipset, at least from the 5s. When it came out, all others said it was a gimmick without having >3Gb RAM and all that crap. Today, they are having problems with overheating on Snapdragon's latest chipset (810) which should be shipping as a 64bit SoC. Even Sammy is facing issues as they will have to stick to their slower in-house Exynos chipset for their next flagship, the Galaxy S6.

He also failed to point out that mobile payment like Google Wallet was nowhere to be found until Apple introduced Apple Pay. I think I'd rather be late to the party, but be the best, rather than arrive early with nothing to write home about.

Infact, there shouldn't be any argument on this. If we wanna compare @OP, then let's do it properly. iPhones to an exclusive OEM, or iOS to Android. That way, there won't be overlapping of points.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by dmcdad: 11:24am On Jan 30, 2015
threadstone:

When it comes to being lagfree. The ios is better. When it comes to firmware updates for devices, the ios is better. (Iphone 4s released in 2011 has ios 8 released in 2014) apple wont tell u to get a new phone to enjoy the new os features like android does.
The initial purpose of flashing custom roms was to imput new features ported from the latest rom build and even with that, it is not 100% perfect as some features wont work. I used cm 10-cm12 so i believe i know what im saying.
When it comes to being secure, the ios is better, you will never hear of a malware, virus loaded on an iphone.

The appstore is better than playstore ( YES I SAID IT). Every app that goes in the appstore is being verified by an apple employee, unlike playstore where a mumu developer will post a crappy app that may or may not work.
Even the appstore has better exclusive apps than playstore.

Shall i mention piracy is rampant on android ecosysystem too. An app developer releases a new app. In weeks wack developers copy the game plan, codes and re engineer them and release too.
Temple run snowden run etc.

Youre less supscetible to an attack on ios than on an android.

The proud mentality that android is better seems like a farce. Thats why we see threads posting iphone killers, beasts etc because they run android they think theyre better.

I would rather stick to a phone where its 1.2 mega pixel is sharper than a 20.7mp android camera. Its dual core is faster than an octacore android device.

Customization: jailbreak and see the future.
When you have an os that gives it all, there is no need to use custom roms

Shall I continue
God bless your mother.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 30, 2015
Nonsense write up. Just because you can't do something on an iPhone doesnt mean it doesn't do it.

iPhones take screen shots

iPhones can run multiple apps at the same time you can see

They are other ways of saving songs to an iPhone wchich includes transferring from a pc

Iphones can open multiple emails on the same phone

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by ruggedtimi(m): 11:26am On Jan 30, 2015
andriod is user friendly.....d only reason i like ios is d sound quality and battery life. Htc inbuild andriod is the best.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by dmcdad: 11:27am On Jan 30, 2015
ITbomb:

I wonder how it will be on phones/mobile. Can it beat android.
If truly we are going to run exe files on mobile, the sky will not limit us
Of course it will run .exe files. It's one software for all. You can switch between using a traditional keyboard and/or touch inputs. The OS is really polished on the desktop. Everything looks great i must confess! With multiple desktops, you don't have to worry about filling your desktops with icons, as you can switch between desktops at will.

Windows 10 is the future. Seriously!
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Dekatron(m): 11:28am On Jan 30, 2015
danyel09:
LOL omo na now I see d error shaa, well
Sai buhari untill u learn dat u don't use "@" in that context even wen ur tryin to form tongue tongue
lol

infact,i give up. Blame it (ur error) on TECNO P3. .

SAI GEJ till u stop buying #10,000 phones

*wink*
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by dmcdad: 11:31am On Jan 30, 2015
slinkman:
custom roms is their not because the android doesn't give it all but because when we are bored of the all, we flash a new custom rom and start all over again... android users are never bored. and you should get yourself a great Android phone and not these chinese crap. android keeps winning the best phone award. lol and i bet you haven't even seen or used lollipop, lol. that is the update that sent ios home. the lollipop is lag free , crash free, and super fast. i am using sense 6 lollipop on my htc one m8 and God, talk about smooth Nd fast, if you want a video demo, i can make for you to see.. lol. android gives me all. anyone who gets an android is less bothered about security, because android is all about fun, tweaks customization, one can simply do anything with droid. appstore better than playstore? haha i laugh. android is just so great. their is a reason why android was the os chosen to be shot outerspace so as to monitor if their are lives out. Google all this before posting please. anything that would ever make me use an iphone again is if android cease to exists. android the ecosystem of all ages. best phone in the whole world 2014 was htc one m8, 2014 was htc one m7, 2012, was samsung galaxy s3, 2011 was samsung galaxy s2. all android phones lol. android just rules.
Best phone? By whom? Lollipop with its bugs is crap at the moment. Fantastic idea streamlining the OS and all, but with all the bugs in it at this juncture, don't even brag yet.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by charly4tex(m): 11:33am On Jan 30, 2015
The POSTER of dis write-up has few knowledge about the features of Apple Products.
U'r correct about some of their restrictions, but there'r more to it, u need the help of Apple die hard user to educate u more.
That aside ave u tried jailbroken apple product? tho am not recommendin it to u, but Cydia & other apps wil give u a second tot.
Tho Apple Products are complicated 4 d newbies, but they r not of d same measure & standard to others.
Be it security, memory size, battery duration etc.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by charly4tex(m): 11:42am On Jan 30, 2015
dmcdad:

God bless your mother.

no mind d poster, he never update himself about iphones varieties n apps.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 30, 2015
Nice
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 30, 2015
Reply:
4. Must i jailbreak before i can access my phone

5. So i can like a song someone is playing but i can't collect the song until i use itunes.

9. Google map is far better; More detailed, and its update is faster than ios. "google' grin wink it and see reviews about google map vs ios map

10. The op talked about varieties and not only pattern lock... Is ios unhackable?

13. So you agree with op then... thanks for admitting.

Where a 1900mAH battery would last u for 24 hours 3g usage... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Battery on ios is a lie on 3g, even when its full charged, try playing 3d-games on iphone 5s and see if it would take you up to 3hrs
Battery have being a big issue for phone makers because they forgot to improve on battery span when improving on phone designs/apps
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by pannyman(m): 11:50am On Jan 30, 2015
I can use my flash drive on my Android too. Sweet! tongue

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by LewisO: 11:51am On Jan 30, 2015
Andriod the best OS so far! #teamSAMSUNG... cool
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Rexyl(m): 11:59am On Jan 30, 2015
good post. It enlightens.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 30, 2015
networkgenuis:

Splendid! Couldn't have come up with a better rebuttal myself.
I used to have the same opinion as the OP until I decided to try an iPhone and now, I hardly touch my Xperia Z2.

The fluidity of the OS is awe inspiring and the seamless integration of the hardware and software dumbfounding. Hardware optimization is excellent. Else how can you explain why an iPhone 6+ with just 8MP rear camera having far better picture quality than Sony Xperia Z2 of 20MP?

Each OS has its selling point, stick to what works for you. I still respect Android OS for it's flexibility but an iPhone is an engineering marvel, don't criticize blindly.
Oga sir, please since u no dey touch ur Xperia, abeg u fit dash me?
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by nani667: 12:18pm On Jan 30, 2015
flyca:

It has. Pls can you name so of the control apps

Just search the Playstore... There are many remote control apps there you can choose from

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help!my Andriod Is Charging But The Percentage Is Not Increasing! / Pictures You Can Relate To When You Browse With Data In Nigeria / Whats the difference between Blackberry Bold 2 And Bold 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.