Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,161 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

BREAKING News:obasanjo Finally Defects To Apc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING News:obasanjo Finally Defects To Apc (962 Views)

BREAKING NEWS!!! Obasanjo Drops Strong Warning To Buhari – The Game Is Gradually / Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation / Breaking News:- Obasanjo Defects To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING News:obasanjo Finally Defects To Apc by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 28, 2015
This is not just breaking news, it is also breath-
taking but it is always our pleasure to bring you
firsthand information so as to keep you abreast of
happenings in and out of Nigeria.
Research has it that the former President of
Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo aka OBJ, has finally
defected to the GMB-Driven party – APC.
This is a shocker but speaking with the former
President OBJ himself at his farm in Ota, he has
given a few reasons why his defecting should not
just be accepted by Nigerians but should also be
applauded.

Find his statement below:
“I have reason to believe that most or should I say
all of you are wondering why I have chosen to
defect to the defunct APC and I must say that if I
had been told that I would have to switch party
some 5 years ago, I myself would have argued it.
I believe in transparency and integrity but
unfortunately, PDP is an opposite of such
attributes.
They dwell in deception and in the lowest form of
debase if I may say.
I believe change is what Nigeria needs and
regardless of whether GMB can deliver or not, it is
still change in a way. Nigeria needs to be delivered
from a useless government that has taken over
since I left presidency.
If you have read my book, you will see that
Jonathan is nothing different from my VP when I
was president. Atiku was just a big time backbiter
unknown to him that when you have people behind
you, your back actually becomes visible to you.
I want to use this medium to say a very big thank
you to the leaders of the APC for accepting me as I
am and I am proud to say that come 2015, APC is
taking over Nigeria for good of us all.
I am a civilian like you all now so I understand what
it means to live in the suburbs as you are all aware
that I stay nowhere else apart from my village here
in Ota.

Finally, I would like to implore all Nigerians that
come 2015 Elections, VOTE GOOD GOVERNMENT
NOT GOOD LUCK”
Re: BREAKING News:obasanjo Finally Defects To Apc by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 28, 2015
Lies!!!!!!! Obj is a full PDP man
Re: BREAKING News:obasanjo Finally Defects To Apc by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 28, 2015
barcanista:
Lies!!!!!!! Obj is a full PDP man
never trust politicians!!
Re: BREAKING News:obasanjo Finally Defects To Apc by oguash: 12:31pm On Jan 28, 2015
click like for GMB
click share for GEJ

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING News:obasanjo Finally Defects To Apc by oguash: 12:32pm On Jan 28, 2015
Friendship over Elections
I was chatting with a friend of mine about the upcoming elections. It was more of an argument actually. I really wasn't listening to this friend, just barely holding my breathe enough to hear something he'll say that I could twist to buttress my upcoming points. (That's what most of us do unconsciously so don't say 'Ehen' in your mind.)
We were talking loudly in my sitting room over a jar of freshly made zobo drink from my cousin's and a bowl of peppered kulikuli. I bothered to actually listen to this guy for a few seconds and in the process lost my own gathered thoughts for my next point. That wasn't really nice and I felt a bit frustrated. I had to pour myself a glass of zobo, disconnect myself from what he was saying, and try to remember what I was going to say while he talked.
"Buhari is a retired old layer! Nigeria doesn't need him," Kemute said. "We don't need his lies and illusions. We don't need his change..."
Then I remembered my point. But damn that one, he just gave me a better point.
"You helpless day old chick! What do you know about layers, old layers, what Nigeria needs, and the rest of that gibberish that was about to spill out of your beak?" I snapped. The ginger-pepper combo was probably working me up as much as the argument and I could tell I was losing it. But too late, I didn't even have time to consider the next lines before they fell out of my mouth. "You've become so accustomed to your sh** hole, you dread anything better because of your fear of a perceived worst. Tell me, how many hours of light have you had in the past six months? Six hours? Less?"
I didn't even notice the surprise, mixed with pain, on Kemute's face. I just continued reeling out my choice lines.
"And how long have you been out of school without a job? Four years? Okay. Your mother's shop has been closed down for the past three months because federal government are still working on a small portion of their road. True or false? Sorry. I forgot to mention, perhaps if you went and died at the stadium that faithful day with the others because of false promise of employment and your spirit watched as no concrete judgment was meted out on the fellows responsible, you'd have been happy abi? What about the relatives of those who also lost loved ones in Bornu, Kano, Kaduna, etc all because of the insecurity? Have you even been listening to all I've been saying since we started this argument?"
As the last words toppled out, I realized what I just said. I guess for the first time Kemute actually listened to every word I said. He stood up, eyes still fixed on me with a spark in them, picked his phone and note pad, and walked towards the entrance door.
"Where are you going to? Chickening out already? Ha!"
It seemed I won the argument by touching some open wounds, but for obvious reasons I wasn't feeling like I won. I felt like I had just lost something more.
Kemute didn't respond. He just walked out.
This was a month ago and I haven't heard from him since then. And it got me thinking.
There's been similar occurrences like this over the past months. People are sacrificing good relationships built over the years on worthless arguments over an election that'll come and go in three weeks. No matter how right we are in our arguments, no matter how insensitive we become just to express our points, no matter whether we win the argument and our party of choice finally wins the elections, it can never be worth the good relationships we had and sacrificed.
Let's choose who to argue with this season if we must. Let's actually listen to reason. Let's be sensitive in our choice of words. Let's not try to win at all cost. Let us rather preserve our valuable relationships with God (first) and with others.
DISCLAIMER: The above story is pure fiction just for illustration purposes. It never happened. If it looks like it happened to you or someone you know, then that is pure coincidence. I repeat - THE ABOVE STORY NEVER HAPPENED.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING News:obasanjo Finally Defects To Apc by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 28, 2015
oguash:
click like for GMB
click share for GEJ
Click like if u this this man is dumb

Click share if u think he is not

(1) (Reply)

Permanent Voters Card ( PVC ) Pickup Location Finder / Anambra PDP Senatorial List: INEC Clears Andy Uba, Stella Oduah, Ekwunife / See Gej's Interview With Mo Abudu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.