Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,284 members, 7,867,754 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:40 PM

Luis Figo To Run For Fifa Presidency - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Luis Figo To Run For Fifa Presidency (523 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Is Not Portugal’s Best Ever - Luis Figo / Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President / FIFA Presidency : Fashanu Endorses Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Luis Figo To Run For Fifa Presidency by Moh4newsafrica(f): 3:05pm On Jan 28, 2015
The former Barcelona and Real Madrid attacker has joined the list of candidates challenging Sepp Blatter

Portugal legend Luis Figo has announced his decision to run for Fifa president at this year's election as he aims to dethrone the organisation's current leader Sepp Blatter.

The deadline for candidates to declare their bid is Thursday, with Figo securing the required backing of five Fifa member associations.

"I care about football, so what I'm seeing regarding the image of Fifa, not only now but in the past years, I don't like it," Figo told CNN.

"If you search Fifa on the internet you see the first word that comes out: scandal, not positive words. That's what we have to change first and try to improve the image of Fifa. Football deserves much better than this.

read more<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<http://newsafricanow.com/luis-figo-to-run-for-fifa-presidency/
Re: Luis Figo To Run For Fifa Presidency by topas100(m): 3:12pm On Jan 28, 2015
I wish him goodluck
Re: Luis Figo To Run For Fifa Presidency by NosoChic: 3:26pm On Jan 28, 2015
The question is IS SEPP BLATTER BEATABLE?

front page material
Re: Luis Figo To Run For Fifa Presidency by kento12: 8:18pm On Jan 28, 2015
such a courageous step by Luis Figo.... But 4 now, i tink Blatter is unbeatable when it comes to FIFA

(1) (Reply)

Blatter Congratulates Golden Eaglets / Chelsea Fans Win Big In Drama-filled Episode Of Star Football Superfans / Emmanuel Frimpong Wins £50,000 Bet On Mayweather

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.