Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,845 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President (43672 Views)

Champions League: 170,000 Sign Petition For FIFA To Punish Ramos / Acting Fifa President Hayatou Sleeps Through Press Conference. / Segun Odegbami For FIFA President Promo Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by AmadiAba: 8:32pm On Oct 25, 2015

Suspended FIFA president Sepp Joseph Blatter has openly declared his support for former Abia state Governor Dr Orji Uzor Kalu to occupy the exalted position of FIFA President, even as he has faulted the candidature of former Secretary General Jerome Champagne and Prince Alli of Jordan.

Speaking in Zurich, Blatter said ” The position of the FIFA president is too important to be left to just anybody. I have heard of some candidates who want to take over from me. But I find the Businessman from Nigeria Kalu very qualified and interesting because he is not only a businessman, but a politician with lots of contacts and corporate experience. He can bring his great experiences to bear in the running of world football.

He is passionate about the game. I remember how he sponsored one of Nigerian clubs to win the CAF championship twice. He is a man that can take world football to the next level”, Blatter told the Swiss Radio monitored on Sunday.

Blatter said though Kalu had not formally declared his interest, it was in the best interest of Africa to nominate him because of his deep passion for the game. “If Africa hopes to win the support of other federations, then they must queue behind the Nigerian business man. Football has developed beyond just anybody taking over.

I sacked Jerome Champgne in 2010 so how can he come back to lead an Association he tried to destroy. You need a man who can command respect and win friends for football.

With Kalu Africa stands a better chance, he concluded. CAF is expected to meet next week to decide on a candidate for the election scheduled for next year. Orji Kalu and Segun Odegbami are the two candidates vying for the post from Africa,

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/fifa-president-blatter-backs-kalu/

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by Austin4lif: 8:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
Igbos doing us proud since 13 BC. Free nnamdi kalu, he is not a criminal.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
Hmmnn.

3 Likes

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by Opinedecandid(m): 8:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
Up Kalu

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by Kagame: 8:35pm On Oct 25, 2015
Meanwhile, a random check on the internet shows that this news is circulated within Nigeria only - no word from the international press.

Not a serious candidate yet.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by Firefire(m): 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
Wonderful!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by politricks: 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
2017 news headline

'Fifa president Orji uzor kalu warns against racism in football'

111 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by naijapips02: 8:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
with blatters contact, kalu is already the next president. CAF would def take cue from this. odagbami is too immature to run fifa

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by Basildvalour(m): 8:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
Good luck to him if he can do the job

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by dustmalik: 8:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
It's unwise to be endorsed by Sepp Blatter who is facing corruption allegations.

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by dustmalik: 8:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
naijapips02:
with blatters contact, kalu is already the next president. CAF would def take cue from this. odagbami is too immature to run fifa
Use your brain. Is it wise to be endorsed by someone who is well known to be corrupt?

53 Likes

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by Frankiss44(m): 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
dustmalik:
It's unwise to be endorsed by Sepp Blatter who is facing corruption allegations.

Lol.. My thoughts exactly

28 Likes

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by kingdompropty: 8:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
Cherry news. That Blatter is endorsing an African and our own.

2 Likes

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by mybestlove(m): 8:43pm On Oct 25, 2015
Don't believe Kalu can make a good fifa president.
Though a fellow Nigerian, I think he is not good for
the job. Fifa is not Enyimba.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by brize(m): 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
I just don't trust black people whether kalu segun etc. They love messing things up when they are on high places... Take a look at Obama and the insult he is bringing to America now.......Smh for we blacks

4 Likes

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by naijapips02: 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
dustmalik:

Use your brain. Is it wise to be endorsed by someone who is well known to be corrupt?

corrupt Or not, blatter still control the contacts in fifa. incase you've never noticed, politics is a dirty game.

And you stop being ignorant... he is still under investigation. no court Or panel has judged him as corrupt.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by dunkem21(m): 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
grin Nice one ..

OUK is a great football philanthropist but I doubt if he has the capacity to efficiently handle the biggest football body ..

..Time will tell ..

2 Likes

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by dustmalik: 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
naijapips02:

corrupt Or not, blatter still control the contacts in fifa. incase you've never noticed, politics is a dirty game.

And you stop being ignorant... he is still under investigation. no court Or panel has judged him as corrupt.
You are the ignorant one here, for posting complete utter rubbish.

10 Likes

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by naijapips02: 8:49pm On Oct 25, 2015
dustmalik:
You are the ignorant one here, for posting complete utter rubbish.
oga show me were blatter as being declared corrupt...... I dey wait.

18 Likes

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by gebest: 8:56pm On Oct 25, 2015
kalu will just sell FIFA and put the money for pocket.

9 Likes

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
orji uzor kalu u av got to be kidding me!!!! when I saw the title, I thought it was kalu the footballer u meant! I didn't know it was this theif undecided

is there any new medication the sepp Blatter is taking that I should be aware of? cos now I believe this old fart has gone crazy!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by AmadiAba: 9:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
Thunder fire you for calling the Pillar of Sport a thief. Na your papa convicted him of stealing... OUK is the right man for the job. God bless Blatter. Next Obama will endorse OUK. There's no stoping him now.
EroticAngelina:
orji uzor kalu u av got to be kidding me!!!! when I saw the title, I thought it was kalu the footballer u meant! I didn't know it was this theif undecided

is there any new medication the sepp Blatter is taking that I should be aware of? cos now I believe this old fart has gone crazy!

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
AmadiAba:
Thunder fire you for calling the Pillar of Sport a thief. Na your papa convicted him of stealing... OUK is the right man for the job. God bless Blatter. Next Obama will endorse OUK. There's no stoping him now.

why is this old man ranting like a mad dog??
am I the one siezed ur pension undecided

to the lefttt plS.

13 Likes

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by Zuria(f): 9:10pm On Oct 25, 2015
Kalu as FIFA President? The igbos on this forum will surely make us go deaf!!!! grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by kettykin: 9:14pm On Oct 25, 2015
gebest:
kalu will just sell FIFA and put the money for pocket.

Illiteracy is really troubling you, did kalu sell enyimba and put the money in his pocket?

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by mayorchelsea(m): 9:19pm On Oct 25, 2015
An Igbo man from Nigeria,sorry zoo wants to become president of FIFA but his brothers are back in Nigeria(zoo) fighting for Biafra #CONFUSEDPEOPLE#HYPOCRITES

8 Likes

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by Chubhie: 9:29pm On Oct 25, 2015
Blatter don kolo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by Kestolovee95(f): 9:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
Zuria:
Kalu as FIFA President? The igbos on this forum will surely make us go deaf!!!! grin grin grin

See them...

30 Likes

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by sunny12345679: 9:43pm On Oct 25, 2015
If Blatta really enduces kalu, then it is finish cos Blatta is not a kid in world football politics. Congratulation to kalu in advance. Go and do nigeria proud.

8 Likes

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by Kestolovee95(f): 9:50pm On Oct 25, 2015
I think the Igbos should start boycotting our national teams and form a different team in exile..

Just look at the comment from non-Igbo here and one iduiot was arguing with me about patriotism just some minutes ago. Igbo have done too much for these ingrate country but the hate is unquantifiable. From sport, to academia, to science but what do they get, hate hate and more hate. Just imagine what would have happened if the so called 'Biafran Eagles' had failed to win the nation's cup in 2013. They would have fried okechukwu keshi and accused him of Ethnic bias. But God was with them.

I'm begining to hate any Igbo man/woman that still plays for the national teams already. Let's call it quit please.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by DIVINE78: 9:59pm On Oct 25, 2015
Blatter wants the batton handed over to a corrupt man like him.

5 Likes

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by Episteme2(m): 10:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
OUK, the towering giant!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics / Ronaldo's Employee Crashes His £1.8million Bugatti Veyron / Obafemi Martins Reacts To Nigeria’s Exit From Russia 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.