Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,350 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) (46349 Views)

Boko Haram Leader, Shekau, Releases Proof To Show He Wasn't Injured In Military / Opinion Poll:was It Buhari's Body Language That Killed Alamieyeseigha? Yes Or No / Revolt Against Buhari, APC: 2 Former PDP Govs manipulated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by nduchucks: 3:27am On Jan 30, 2015
lol. A secondary school student could come up with that pdf file. mumus

1 Like

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by kazmanbanjoko(m): 3:47am On Jan 30, 2015
But dat does not stop me frm voting for buhari na.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by tit(f): 3:53am On Jan 30, 2015
GBTYO:

That APC hacking center is where the likes of Berem, Omenka, obiagelli, egift head to every morning in the name of going to work.

God has disgraced them.

2 Likes

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by franugo(m): 4:30am On Jan 30, 2015
Remarkable:

My sister, o bughi obere ihe!

When you see likes on comments promoting Buhari or dissing GEJ, they are always the same total number of likes.... I know for sure a lowlife imposter that has uncountable screen names here on NL, and the funny thing is the attempt on giving each a different personality just for delusions of grandeur...

so u are saying that a person can manufacture likes kwa?shockedshocked na wa 4 u ocry

1 Like

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by franugo(m): 4:50am On Jan 30, 2015
ellechrystal:

I opened a thread here on NL asking ppl who support gej to like this n ppl who support gmb to like that . I didn't click like at all o.. but to my greatest surprise I saw on the part of gmb that I liked the post. I was shocked. I clicked unlike beliv me it didn't work. . It means as u open d thread, it automatically likes the buhari part.i was so disappointed. I tried for more than 20 mins to unlike I couldn't. I couldn't even comment. But other comments were free to like n unlike.smh.. These guys r out to do anything just for power.

na wa 4 una sef. Everyone knows that seun is pro gej n he has the source code 2 twerk anyway he likes so this ur 'fact' get k-leg

1 Like

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by Horllamideh(m): 5:25am On Jan 30, 2015
To them that online poll result which stands at 76.26% for Buhari when i voted around noon is a gory picture of how feBUHARI 14 will look like......The margin is too wide

1 Like

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by TippyTop(m): 5:48am On Jan 30, 2015
Why do APC like cheating like this now?

1 Like

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by JideTheBlogger(m): 5:48am On Jan 30, 2015
Bevista:
Shame on AIT!

My elementary Database knowledge tells me that they could have simply prevented that with a line of code.

Simply create a table in ur database that stores the IP (or Mac address of the device) of every incidence of vote. Then before anybody votes, you collect the IP or Mac address and check in the table to see if it is already there. if it's not there, then you allow the person to vote, else if it's there you deny the person further voting and simply display the results.

This is so elementary that I doubt if this is the real reason.

Apparently, the real reason is that they and their sponsors must have been very embarrassed with the kind of feedback they were getting from the opinion poll (in spite of a paid one hour documentary just the previous day to castigate the person of #GMB), so they had to figure out a way to save face.

I dare them to correct it and bring it back and we will still embarrass them again.

#TeamGMB2015

what do you expect from cluesless set of people? I wonder if its these same guys that will use technology to fight corruption. smh**

1 Like

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by TippyTop(m): 5:49am On Jan 30, 2015
Horllamideh:
To them that online poll result which stands at 76.26% for Buhari when i voted around noon is a gory picture of how feBUHARI 14 will look like......The margin is too wide

How many times did you vote though?
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by Horllamideh(m): 5:57am On Jan 30, 2015
TippyTop:

How many times did you vote though?

I voted once.....I didn't even bother to check if my vote shows in the general's tally
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by lastpage: 6:05am On Jan 30, 2015
Pangea:
PDP !
Continue to deceive yourselves!

I hope you will not say that bot voted for APC when we all go out to vote by Febhuari 14!

Your eyes will soon clear!

Dont mind these clueless chickens!

They have gone from:

#He is an Islamist to..
#He is too Old, to....
#He has no "Cerbiticate" to....
#He jailed all Yorubas to...
#He is too Brutal to...
#He is ....HACKING AIT...

What next will we hear from these confused bunch of failures?

I hope the next thing will be that Buhari won the election because #Jega is a Mallam!
grin grin grin

Okay, Let me ask Robert Mugabe first! shocked shocked

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by patostation(m): 6:06am On Jan 30, 2015
LoveDecay:
Please provide the full data log. This information cannot be used to make a decision on who voted multiple times.

In response to AIT claim that a single IP voted for a particular candidate more than once, would be in my opinion 'Amatuerish'

Using the fragment of information you provided the IP 82.145.221.163 carries the hostname n11-02-08.opera-mini.net and is owned by Opera.

This should be the popular opera browser, which uses a proxy to handle request from it's users in a effort to speed up web browsing. Nigeria is currently amongst the top ten countries using Opera (opera has 240 million users worldwide)

So to claim, someone used a bot to repeatedly vote for a certain candidate is a weak claim. If you look at the image above, GEJ also received a hit from this so called bot (which in theory would not be enough to cover the tracks of a bot, if at all that was the plan)

I wanted to know whether it is only APC that know how to hack. So PDP with all that N21 billion campaign slush fund cannot afford any tech gicks? Na wa o!

1 Like

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by angelawoko(m): 6:14am On Jan 30, 2015
Just look at this, it shows AIT lied. I downloaded the full data it shows ip addresses like 258-500. Not that ip addresses do not go beyond 255. So the ip they claim voted does not even exist.
chemali:
The ip address range belongs to Opera mini. Opera mini is utilized by over 500 Nigerians. Opera mini works by passing all user data request thru their servers. So, saying an ip address belonging to opera mini voted 500 times is foolhardy. If the raw data is released, I won't be surprised to see the same IP address having votes for PDP.

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by biafranqueen: 6:21am On Jan 30, 2015
Even in an unmolested state, the online poll is useless as a scientific measure of popular opinion because you cannot control the demographics of the participants. Mix in religion, internet culture, human nature, poli-tricks and an even mildly controversial topic, and you run the risk of angry multi-clicking trolls or loosely organized poll crashers.

It is obvious poll hacking is common...

A writer at Music Machinery learnt the means by which a group of 4chan /b/-tards cracked the code of a Time.com 100 Poll where “millions have voted on who are the world’s most influential people in government, science, technology and the arts.” A handful of coders, supported by the 4chan horde, took advantage of some apparently gaping holes in the poll’s script to first skew the results in favor of 4chan’s founder, moot. Bored with this, and stumbling across additional flaws in the poll’s protection script, the hackers devised multiple auto voting scripts that manipulated the entire poll such that the first letter of the 21 leading names spelled out a previously agreed upon message:

grin
The hackers suggest their biggest challenge was not the poll software, but rather the competing efforts of other hackers attempting to skew the results in a different direction.

1 Like

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by angelawoko(m): 6:22am On Jan 30, 2015
If you still don't believe it is false goto http://www.iplocation.net/ and enter any of those ip that is above 255 as see what result you will get. And if fraud.
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by GBTYO: 6:22am On Jan 30, 2015
chemali:
The ip address range belongs to Opera mini. Opera mini is utilized by over 500 Nigerians. Opera mini works by passing all user data request thru their servers. So, saying an ip address belonging to opera mini voted 500 times is foolhardy. If the raw data is released, I won't be surprised to see the same IP address having votes for PDP.

How does an Internet browser equate to ISP?

ISP is unique to a particulate device and not the browser.
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by micrep3030(m): 6:27am On Jan 30, 2015
APC master rigger God punish them u ppl will not succeed evil doers

1 Like

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by talktofemi: 6:31am On Jan 30, 2015
supoade:
How are we sure that AIT did not use excel to generate those IPs 82.145.210.170, 82.145.210.171, 82.145.210.172, 82.145.210.173, 82.145.210.174 as this very easy to do with microsoft excel application and save as csv and PDF.

Send the raw log to us for proper analysis or I dont' believe this crap from AIT.

AIT/biafranqueen, send the raw,unedited log file to us here so I can analyse in 5 mins to BUST you!

Or analyse in 5 mins to exonerate them bro?

In the world of IT anything is possible.

Let AIT bring back the poll. ' Something' can be done to make GEJ have 4times the number of vote of GMB. There and then people will have their proof.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by biafranqueen: 6:36am On Jan 30, 2015
talktofemi:

Or analyse in 5 mins to exonerate them bro?

In the world of IT anything is possible.

Let AIT bring back the poll. ' Something' can be done to make GEJ have 4times the number of vote of GMB. There and then people will have their proof.
Thats what I don't get in the tech world anything can get hacked remember Snowden he exposed US and UK for hacking polls
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by Yinkagbo(m): 6:44am On Jan 30, 2015
LoveDecay:
Please provide the full data log. This information cannot be used to make a decision on who voted multiple times.

In response to AIT claim that a single IP voted for a particular candidate more than once, would be in my opinion 'Amatuerish'

Using the fragment of information you provided the IP 82.145.221.163 carries the hostname n11-02-08.opera-mini.net and is owned by Opera.

This should be the popular opera browser, which uses a proxy to handle request from it's users in a effort to speed up web browsing. Nigeria is currently amongst the top ten countries using Opera (opera has 240 million users worldwide)

So to claim, someone used a bot to repeatedly vote for a certain candidate is a weak claim. If you look at the image above, GEJ also received a hit from this so called bot (which in theory would not be enough to cover the tracks of a bot, if at all that was the plan)

Wahalai,u get brain.....
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by Uncletony(m): 6:46am On Jan 30, 2015
buhari is a failure!.

1 Like

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by azeezkadiri(m): 6:55am On Jan 30, 2015
AIT thinks its deceiving the less educated. As an IT person, participation in polls like this is hack proof. By the way, no single individual can vote multiple times from one IP Address because the system has been built that way. Am not a cult follower of any of the political parties but this is too embarrassing for Nigerian especially when you view it from an alien country. What a shame!!
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by Bimdim(m): 6:56am On Jan 30, 2015
Skillbobralph:

Bursted. This is really serious. I hardly believe all these online voting craps because of things like this. Buhari always winning online since 1999 and loosing on ground. No doubt, that's how they still manufacture likes in Nairaland.

Just try to open ur eyes and see what's happening in the country currently compare to those of 1999-2011. Try to be realistic and stop hidding behind one finger. shocked
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 30, 2015
biafranqueen:
1 person 500 times
how difficult is it to prepare a sheet like that.
I prefer to believe satan than believe raymond.
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by Doubleoo(m): 7:06am On Jan 30, 2015
Bevista:
Shame on AIT!

My elementary Database knowledge tells me that they could have simply prevented that with a line of code.

Simply create a table in ur database that stores the IP (or Mac address of the device) of every incidence of vote. Then before anybody votes, you collect the IP or Mac address and check in the table to see if it is already there. if it's not there, then you allow the person to vote, else if it's there you deny the person further voting and simply display the results.

This is so elementary that I doubt if this is the real reason.

Apparently, the real reason is that they and their sponsors must have been very embarrassed with the kind of feedback they were getting from the opinion poll (in spite of a paid one hour documentary just the previous day to castigate the person of #GMB), so they had to figure out a way to save face.

I dare them to correct it and bring it back and we will still embarrass them again.

#TeamGMB2015

Your elementary data knowledge is not good enough to do what you requested. This situation occurs when you trust someone who claims he/she is holy. The truth is that you can't make corrections until there's obvious mistake. How could that possible to be checking IP's before voting? Remember the vote is for some stipulated time, so doing what you said will probably lengthen the process and make it hectic.
Again you don't espect this since it's mere opinion poll.
I know we can circumvent this, but the technology and process is complicated.
I do not totally agree there's problem in the vote, however I can't dispute it.
We that manage websites usually know the truth. Spammers are good at what they do.

For instance, I can load my bot with serial IPs and instruct the system to vote 50 times in one minute. So tell me, how can you deny me access manually?
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by DaBullIT(m): 7:07am On Jan 30, 2015
LoveDecay:

This info is not privileged info everyone knows this. And, they should have expected this to happen. Which is why they could have used cookies, facebook , google, OPENID or twitter for authentication/permission before voting.
[size=18pt]

Yeye people , first dem talk say Na under 18 wey vote cause am , now dem talk say one person vote 500 times , that time stamp show say Na less than 1 second interval the votes use come , that hacker must be running windows 30 , 5G internet and computer's ram must be like 1000Tetrabytes

I am proud of you man , you know what you are talking about while those arguing blindly have no clue whatsoever just like the Oga at the top

However if it comes to that , I wouldn't authenticate my identity with Facebook or Google or twitter, my identity is mine to keep secret , openid maybe ,disqus maybe . cookies can be bypassed though , and all these Mùmú cry babies

What this man is saying is that opera is like a bus terminal , people going to the same place will be in the same car/bus and at the same time

Let's say from Lagos to Ibadan , say bus capacity is 500 seats , and there are 500 passengers the 500 passengers would be taken at once

However for the driver (Opera) to go to Lagos,with one passenger return to carry another while there are 500 passengers its insane , so in order not to congest servers , Opera assigns proxy to browsers . that's how opera's automated proxy handles client's request ,

If after this layman/ primary V explanation you still don't get it , then get the fourk off the internet

Buhari won fair and square and so shall it be on the 14th day of month of Judgement where the supposed bosses ( the masses) will troop out armed with PVC's to cast out and bind and deny clueless's torment [/size]
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by Classicalmusic: 7:09am On Jan 30, 2015
Nigeria is really full of drama. AIT could have used social networks like Facebook, Twitter and so on. Because Opera Mini can easily be manipulated.
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by Doubleoo(m): 7:14am On Jan 30, 2015
Classicalmusic:
Nigeria is really full of drama. AIT could have used social networks like Facebook, Twitter and so on. Because Opera Mini can easily be manipulated.

Using social media is neither safe. I have four Facebook account, 4 Google plus account, 2 twitter account, and 1 LinkedIn account. So tell me if it's not possible for me to vote more than one time with those accounts.

1 Like

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by SenatorJames(m): 7:15am On Jan 30, 2015
Poll or no poll, lets go to the field come February 14 and know the true figure.
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by Doyin2(m): 7:18am On Jan 30, 2015
NIGERIANS are smarter than this trash!

What make this display of hooey data,a proof that poll was manipulated?

How can we link what was displayed to the actual number of votes cast?

So many questions!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC / Radio Biafra: IPOB Sacks Simon Ekpa, Nnamdi Kanu's Successor, Gives Reason / Magu: Diezani Protected From Arrest By Law Enforcement Agencies In UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.