Stats: 3,151,161 members, 7,811,354 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI (4217 Views)

Five PDP Governors​ Join Sheriff's Camp / ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani / Five PDP Governors Will Join APC – Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by dodoniyi: 7:06am On Jan 29, 2015
dodoniyi:
I’m not aware, says party spokesman, Metuh
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has put five of its governors under surveillance on the suspicion that they are romancing with All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Major General Muhammadu Buhari, ahead of the February 14 contest.
A top party official confided in New Telegraph that the governors were secretly mobilising support for Buhari to have at least 25 per cent of the total votes cast in their respective states to brighten his chances of winning the presidential election.
The source listed the governors being watched as Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan (Delta), Mr. Sullivan Chime (Enugu), Chief Martin Elechi (Ebonyi), Dr. Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu (Niger), Mr. James Bala Ngilari (Adamawa) and Abubakar Danladi (Taraba).
The source said the party leadership had doubts about the commitment of the governors, along with some other bigwigs of the party who nurse grievances following the party’s primaries, to ensure wholeheartedly work for the victory of President Goodluck Jonathan next month.
It could, however, not be independently confirmed if more states are involved in the deal to ease Buhari’s victory just as PDP National Publicity Secretary, Chief Olisa Metuh, dismissed the alleged deal.
The source said the party had in its possession ‘verifiable evidence’ that some of the PDP governors, especially those whose interests were bruised in the last primaries were “willing to give the opposition party soft landing in some states.” “On paper, we say there is no problem, but in the real sense of it, there are bottled-up anger and animosity across the various chapters of the party in the country.
As a party, we are not losing sight of this and we are doing everything humanly possible to stem any slide in any state chapter of the PDP. “It is a thing that calls for worry because we have verifiable evidence and enough facts indeed that some of the PDP governors you press call aggrieved governors are already preparing ground to allow General Buhari have a leverage that can give him the required 25 per cent of total votes cast in the February 14 presidential election.
“The irony is that we do know this fact but we do not in the same breath, want to confront them and rock the boat. The only thing we can do is to put them under serious surveillance as we approach the elections”, the source said.
However, Metuh who claimed ignorance of such a development said no PDP governor was hobnobbing with Buhari. According to him, the reports are fabricated by APC to create confusion in the ruling party.
“This is a rumour and a lie fabricated by the opposition to create confusion in our midst. All our governors are intact and fully committed to the ideals of the PDP. They have all been working against the APC and its candidate and cannot turn around to support the opposition in any form.
“They are fully committed to the aspiration of the president for a second term because he has put the nation on the right track in terms of the nation’s economy and the direction of the polity. I urge you to ignore the rumour and place the APC where it belongs,” Metuh said in response to New Telegraph inquiry.

SOURCE: http://newtelegraphonline.com/five-pdp-govs-under-watch-over-buhari/

Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by Bevista: 7:10am On Jan 29, 2015
wink
Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by SeverusSnape(m): 7:14am On Jan 29, 2015
“This is a rumour and a lie fabricated by the opposition to create confusion in our midst. All our governors are intact and fully committed to the ideals of the PDP. They have all been working against the APC and its candidate and cannot turn around to support the opposition in any form.
Metuh have spoken.
They don't even know how to lie, Uduaghan and Buhari??... Hehehehehehehehehehehehe
This is akin to Churchill and Hitler. grin

Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by orlaryhincah(m): 7:15am On Jan 29, 2015
Eyaaa

Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by lacasa: 7:17am On Jan 29, 2015
Even Metuh knows GEJ has lost this contest.

The signs cannot be ignored

Change has come to Nigeria!

#Sai Buhari!

16 Likes

Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by dodoniyi: 7:19am On Jan 29, 2015

Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by spott(m): 7:20am On Jan 29, 2015
PDP is really in a big mess! hahaha

Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by SweetJoystick(m): 7:31am On Jan 29, 2015
Of the five state governors mentioned, I think only three of them are capable of selling out, and they are governors of Adamawa, Niger and Taraba states

Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:46am On Jan 29, 2015
SweetJoystick:
Of the five state governors mentioned, I think only three of them are capable of selling out, and they are governors of Adamawa, Niger and Taraba states

Elechi is no Longer interested in the Presidential election! It will be free for all In Ebonyi State.

Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by futmxconnectn(m): 7:50am On Jan 29, 2015
Is GEJ expected to pull up to 10% votes in Adamawa, Niger & all other northern states apart from Benue and Plateau state? TAN should continue giving GEJ false hope. If they like they should put all northern states under their watch list, PDP is on a long thing.

Buhari till GEJ tackles corruption.

16 Likes

Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 29, 2015
I suspect Uduaghan. He's still bitter not having hopes of going to Senate and the Ijaw/Itsekiri problem

Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by temitemi1(m): 7:57am On Jan 29, 2015
Their normal way of lying grin grin grin... GEJ till 2019!!!

Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by kokoA(m): 7:57am On Jan 29, 2015
GEJ won't even win Adamawa, Niger and Taraba with or without the governors' support.

Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by sammyj: 8:05am On Jan 29, 2015
Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by Nobody: 8:09am On Jan 29, 2015
Uduaghan may not really have such intention but the Itsekiris are still very much angry with Jonathan being an Ijaw man due to the EPZ saga among others. It's even worse among Itsekiris PDP stalwarts who have been voicing their animosity to the candidate of President GEJ. God never sleeps nor slumber. God on our side, victory is sure. God bless President GEJ.

Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by bettercreature(m): 8:18am On Jan 29, 2015
How many are they if up to 5 are under watch? i can't wait mhen
Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by dridowu: 8:26am On Jan 29, 2015
Dt is dr own cup of tea, i careless about them, all i want is CHANGE come #FeBuhari14
Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by EnigmAries(m): 8:38am On Jan 29, 2015
SweetJoystick:
Babangida doesn't need to sell out. Buhari will win more than 75% there so it's not a question of 25.

Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by hazyfm1: 8:44am On Jan 29, 2015
KEEP WATCHING ... IDIIOTS

Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 29, 2015
The wind of CHANGE has definitely blown to their side grin grin grin grin
More trouble for the saTANist grin grin grin grin

Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by Jesuspikin87(m): 10:29am On Jan 29, 2015
# IWillVote
Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by Akosbaba(m): 11:02am On Jan 29, 2015
^^^okay,me too
Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by project8(m): 11:25am On Jan 29, 2015
d news shud b "gej craving for 25% in adamawa, niger and taraba.well I cnt speak for ebonyi, or delta.bt I dnt see gej getting atlist 10.% in either Niger, adamawa or taraba.mark my word.
Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by dahunsy(f): 11:33am On Jan 29, 2015
coughs***clear throat...TO ALL JONATHAN SUPPORTERS MAY GOD RUN YOUR LIFE THE WAY JONA IZ RUNNING THIS COUNTRY

Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by hikmojj(m): 11:43am On Jan 29, 2015
VOTE BUHARI VOTE CHANGE

Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by thaoriginator: 11:49am On Jan 29, 2015
Listening to Justin Timberleke's Cry Me A River grin

Election never start dem don dey cry cry, cry babies go home grin
Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by thaoriginator: 11:50am On Jan 29, 2015
dahunsy:
coughs***clear throat...TO ALL JONATHAN SUPPORTERS MAY GOD RUN YOUR LIFE THE WAY JONA IZ RUNNING THIS COUNTRY
make I help dem shout 'AMEEEEEEEEEN!' Idiotss!grin
Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by aare07(m): 12:12pm On Jan 29, 2015
PDP a sinking boat

Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by nellyjohn: 1:06pm On Jan 29, 2015
"Wind of change" indeed. How can a wind bring good to Nigeria where all it does is to cause chaos to the cool fresh air that has been provided by our hardworking president. I laugh at the apc with their so called change. How can u expect a good sweet wine from a rotten wineskin.
APC has been consistent in saying that PDP has ruled Nigeria
for 16 disastrous years in which corruption, impunity,
insurgency, armed robbery and several ills of society held sway.
But at a very close look at the APC, from my veiw, i am
seeing:
1.Rotimi Amaechi – 8 years speaker; 7 year,
Governor under PDP.
2. Atiku Abubakar – 8 years Vice president
under PDP.
3. George Akume – 8 years Governor under
PDP.
4.Bukola Saraki – 8 years Governor; 2 years,
Senator under PDP.
5. Timipre Sylver – 4 years Governor under
PDP.
6. Audu Ogbe – 2 years Chairmanship of the
PDP.
7. Aminu Masari –4 years as the Speaker,
House of Representatives under PDP.
8. Chris Ngige –3 years Governor under PDP.
9. Rabiu Kwankwaso – 7 years Governor; 3
years Defense minister under PDP.
10. El Rufai –4 years FCT Minister; 2 years
BPE chairman under PDP.
11. And to cap it all, Obasanjo is the navigator of the APC, a
man who spent 8
of the disastrous 16 years as the maximum. ruler of Nigeria. It
is now clearer that APC is a waste basket of the PDP, where
the people who created and perpetuated the 16 disastrous
years are now dumped. So where is the change coming from?
Are they now saints because they joined APC? Pls be WISE &
VOTE not for those seeking power by FORCE.
"ASSOCIATION OF PAST CRIMINALS"

God bless Gej, God bless Nigeria
Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by bro4u: 1:23pm On Jan 29, 2015
(IF TREU)See their face.....*shouting* TRAITORS
Re: FIVE PDP GOVS UNDER WATCH OVER BUHARI by Freetech: 1:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
Watching the drama

Yorubas And Hausas Should Be Thankful To Niger Delta / Is A Good Dictatorship Better Than A Corrupt Democracy? / Hamman Yaji : The First Real Boko Jihadist Criminal