Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,028 members, 7,821,565 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? (9578 Views)

My Male Dog Refuses To Mount Females In Heat (Photos) / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe / My Dog Is Going Blind :'( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by aguizm(m): 9:21am On Jan 30, 2015
Eveezy:
Bro, the first sign of a dog being on heat is d swelling of the Vul'va of d dog about a day or a week afta swelling,depending on d individual dog, bleeding starts, could be few days bt maximum of a week. So if u wana knw if ur dog has jst come on heat, den dose re d first sign u wuld notice den u cn talk abt breeding. Abt spaying or neutering, I doubt if any Nigerian that owns a foreign dog wuld love to do dt. My guy if u wana breed ur dog, breed ur dog, dnt feel bad abt wat people say, bt I mst tell u d truth its nt an easy task, make researches, gain more knowledge b4 breeding. Bt its ur choice to breed, I mean atleast u ve a gud gsd, even sum people dt ve mix on nairaland breed
My brother God bless u a million times. U just gave me the answer I was looking for. In that case the creamish discharge I saw is not it.
I know its not an easy task breeding a dog that's y I started doing my research earlier enough. Thanks for d compliments on my dog being a gud gsd.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by aguizm(m): 9:36am On Jan 30, 2015
kuzee:

lol.. yea I remembered, the ogas de vex coz u mentioned the word return investment.. honestly I laughed too.. but even without them, you can learn a lot from the net, just try download some Pdf formats about dogs and heat, with time the ogas will be the ones asking you questions cheesy cheesy grin
lovely dog you got here.. but dnt breed coz of only dough.
I bought a female and male Gsd.. but it a pain I won't be in naija to watch out their plays and birth.. can I see a clear pix of your dog
My guy thanks a lot for the advice. I only came out plain to say the truth about my intentions.And from what I have noticed its even dog owners that sells the purest of dogs than breeders.A breeder almost sold an adulterated mongrel to me as a gsd if not for neighbour who is a vet.
Eyaah now u are travelling who is gonna look and fend after them for u.Safe trip in advance.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by aguizm(m): 9:38am On Jan 30, 2015
Apitch:
Na wah oo!
So na crime now for person to ask questions? Also a crime for a non-breeders to breed their dog? I'm disappointed with U guys
My brother help me ask oooo, honestly the responses I got at first were really disappointing.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by aguizm(m): 9:41am On Jan 30, 2015
Inkredible:
Guy no mind all these "ogas". Truth is, no one knows it all. Google remains the best source of answers to some question. Never mind all these ones forming ITK. Overrated " breeders and trainers" I wonder what they even think they know. Truth remains that you can still tutor them in some arena on dog "breeding and training"

angry angry angry
Remain blessed forever for being open and blunt.I do appreciate your encouragement. Thanks man

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by arcbay(m): 10:07am On Jan 30, 2015
Apitch:
Na wah oo!
So na crime now for person to ask questions? Also a crime for a non-breeders to breed their dog? I'm disappointed with U guys

Just passing by...Wouldn't have commented, but thought I should correct you on this statement you just made...No breeder goes into breeding for which the sole aim is profit motivated...This is NL pet section where any blunder u make as regards pet stuffs create a big issue...Your thread clearly shows that u have no genuine likeness for dogs, u got a pup to have a return on investment...It might surprise you, but u should know ur dogs can sense your intentions. I've seen a lot of people like you who wanna make a fortune out of their pet and the pet will end up not giving birth at all or probably pay you back in your own coin...

And to everyone in here...We should try decipher the difference between being a breeder, a pet handler, pet lover and a pet owner...All synonymous but different meanings and mode of operation...

If you are here, you bought a pet and produced one or two litters through her and you claim to be a breeder, mehn you're jonsing yourself, breeder for ur mind!!!

And to address the issues about a pet owner mating his pet, there's no crime in that...as long as you don't try convince the public afterwards about who you are like coming back here to post "pedigree DOGS for sale"...Pedigree for where? Ever heard anything on traceability and retention? Spaying and neutering? I think experts in here should open up a thread on the rules and laws surrounding that...

A pet owner who has produced little or no litters before claiming his pups are Pedigree!!! I fear for the future of our breeding standard.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by arcbay(m): 10:14am On Jan 30, 2015
aguizm:
My guy thanks a lot for the advice. I only came out plain to say the truth about my intentions.And from what I have noticed its even dog owners that sells the purest of dogs than breeders.A breeder almost sold an adulterated mongrel to me as a gsd if not for neighbour who is a vet.
Eyaah now u are travelling who is gonna look and fend after them for u.Safe trip in advance.

Yea, you're right...But those so-called breeders are people like you who know nothing about dogs but ventured into it for monetary sake...They later say they are breeders...
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by Bolade005: 10:24am On Jan 30, 2015
aguizm:
Bro nice GSD you got for yourself. Where did u get it?
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by Prodeegee(m): 10:28am On Jan 30, 2015
In addition, people who commented just seem to turn a blind eye to the part he said he needed a return investment.

We can have a section full of deceitful people that'll just tell you to go ahead, they won't be there when Ure facing the hell. Most people who are advising you know what they've been thru.

Breeding isn't just thru after u mate ur dog and she litters. Not even after selling. Personally I follow up on all my pups. Ask my clients here on nl, I even comeback to post recent pictures.

It will hurt me to see you come back here posting some lean puppies for sale. And don't think it's just buying dog feed or the amount of money you have to take care. It requires a lot of sleepless nights, a lot of mess, a lot of this and that.

If you have to breed your dog, get a breeder around to help you with.

And to those who are disappointed, I greet again.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by Inkredible(m): 10:28am On Jan 30, 2015
Prodeegee:

smiley ill breed your father and your mother if im chanced, and ill make sure they dont give birth to a trouble maker like you.

dont bother quoting me cos i wont reply you. jobless he-goat

Lols! This trash above goes a long way to show how insecure and childish you are granny!
Mother and father? I mean, are you in kindergarten? Lmao grin grin grin

Socially insecure two time bastard of a thousand fathers!

Useless entity

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by Apitch(m): 10:47am On Jan 30, 2015
Some time ago, someone posted about his plans of openning a kinda dog foundation on a large space of land and the answers he got was ridiculous and now this again, zo who is allowed to be a breeder or do u guys want to have monopoly of the market and I put it to anyone here that claims he's a breeder and making profit is not his aim is a liar. A breeder is a profession and every profession should put food on ur table. Just like med Drs, many has passion to save lifes but money is also an issue. He loves his dog and his dog spinning in extra cash for him is normal.
U breeders should focus on breeding standards, pedigree, 100% pure dogs and so on and allow others do the mixed breed ish. If I don't have money for an i-phone 6,I can subtitute with a tecno and nobody complains so if I can't afford the pedigree dog, want will now be my subtitute? Even the so-called whites have a lot of rubbish in the name of a dog. I rest my case

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by Prodeegee(m): 10:52am On Jan 30, 2015
Apitch:
Some time ago, someone posted about his plans of openning a kinda dog foundation on a large space of land and the answers he got was ridiculous and now this again, zo who is allowed to be a breeder or do u guys want to have monopoly of the market and I put it to anyone here that claims he's a breeder and making profit is not his aim is a liar. A breeder is a profession and every profession should put food on ur table. Just like med Drs, many has passion to save lifes but money is also an issue. He loves his dog and his dog spinning in extra cash for him is normal.
U breeders should focus on breeding standards, pedigree, 100% pure dogs and so on and allow others do the mixed breed ish. If I don't have money for an i-phone 6,I can subtitute with a tecno and nobody complains so if I can't afford the pedigree dog, want will now be my subtitute? Even the so-called whites have a lot of rubbish in the name of a dog. I rest my case

Apitch, profit shouldn't be the first or sole reason. You can't be a breeder if you don't love dogs can you?

I don't want you to see this one-sided padi...first is the passion for whatever you want to do, once that's there, profit is the reward for passion.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by Apitch(m): 11:06am On Jan 30, 2015
Prodeegee:

Apitch, profit shouldn't be the first or sole reason. You can't be a breeder if you don't love dogs can you?

I don't want you to see this one-sided padi...first is the passion for whatever you want to do, once that's there, profit is the reward for passion.

I said it before that he loves his dog, is that not passion? Who buys a dog without passion for it? And I didn't hear him say it's the sole reason for getting his dog. I'm not seeing it from one side but the moment he mentioned return of investment, all hell let lose and it's being tagged his SOLE reason.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by aguizm(m): 12:47pm On Jan 30, 2015
Bolade005:

Bro nice GSD you got for yourself. Where did u get it?
Thanks bro. Got it from a vet doctor over here in Port Harcourt.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by aguizm(m): 12:50pm On Jan 30, 2015
Apitch:
Spot on bro

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by kuzee(m): 1:07pm On Jan 30, 2015
aguizm:
lol.. guess you were lucky.
thanks bruh, I guess my parent will do the job since my siblings re outside naija.. you got acute doggie.. guess I gonna buy some few dog over there to keep me company.. most of all this breed here has been spoilt, so I gotta get a pure slant back Gsd,
you must keep a puppy for me o.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by Bolade005: 2:27pm On Jan 30, 2015
aguizm:
Thanks bro. Got it from a vet doctor over here in Port Harcourt.
I hope I'm as lucky as you. I want to get a GSD for myself.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by aguizm(m): 2:46pm On Jan 30, 2015
Bolade005:

I hope I'm as lucky as you. I want to get a GSD for myself.
Whaoo that's lovely. Just take your time and study the features of a pure GSD and I can assure u that no one will be able to sell u a cross bred dog as a full breed.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by aguizm(m): 2:48pm On Jan 30, 2015
kuzee:

lol.. guess you were lucky.
thanks bruh, I guess my parent will do the job since my siblings re outside naija.. you got acute doggie.. guess I gonna buy some few dog over there to keep me company.. most of all this breed here has been spoilt, so I gotta get a pure slant back Gsd,
you must keep a puppy for me o.

U really love dogs around d u, that's nice.Exactly getting a pure breed here is by luck. Hahahahah am sure gonna keep one for u bro but I was even gonna ask u to get one for me over there whenever u r gonna come back naija.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by kuzee(m): 3:24pm On Jan 30, 2015
aguizm:

U really love dogs around d u, that's nice.Exactly getting a pure breed here is by luck. Hahahahah am sure gonna keep one for u bro but I was even gonna ask u to get one for me over there whenever u r gonna come back naija.
I
trade by barter indeed lol.. but you know you must add something to it join.. not even 1 puppy will be enough in fact 2 litters done to 1 puppy of mine, at least I try small for that.
and I can't do without dog a day
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by oluomoadebayo: 3:52pm On Jan 30, 2015
Apitch:

Well said but its not all about money always. A lot of dogs with poor temperament are out there as a result of poor breeding, some people are even doing inbreeding without knowing because no question asked about the history of a dog once he is big and intimidating by look. How will someone asking about identifying dog on heat take care of a pregnant lady fully? I breed my dog because I was looking for a particular result and I gave 2 out for free out of seven. I also refuse to sell to just anyone because most people's intentions are all about breeding and making money . I'm not against anyone breeding but I would prefer getting education about doggy lifestyle and art of breeding first before venturing into the business.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by oluomoadebayo: 3:57pm On Jan 30, 2015
aguizm:

Seriously I must commend you the way you are raising this dog. She looks healthy and beautiful .
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by steppin: 5:59pm On Jan 30, 2015
Lots of hypocrites in this thread.
Some people own animal farms and it's their source of income. They rear all kinds of animals. There's nothing wrong with someone looking for a way to make money out of something he bought and took care of.
Some of you guys sell dogs here. Why not simply dash them out since its wrong for someone to make money out of their pet?
Some of these fucktards collect stud fees when their dog mate other dogs.(as high as 20k).
@op,
Google it and you'll get your answers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by oluomoadebayo: 6:46pm On Jan 30, 2015
steppin:
Some people own animal farms and it's their source of income. They rear all kinds of animals. There's nothing wrong with someone looking for a way to make money out of something he bought and took care of.
Some of you guys sell dogs here. Why not simply dash them out since its wrong for someone to make money out of their pet?
Some of these fucktards collect stud fees when their dog mate other dogs.(as high as 20k).
@op,

Who stop you from being a puppy mill and make your money if you like? Quality stud fee is even less at 20k and if you don't get the point we are discussing here, just dey look.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by steppin: 7:13pm On Jan 30, 2015
oluomoadebayo:

Who stop you from being a puppy mill and make your money if you like? Quality stud fee is even less at 20k and if you don't get the point we are discussing here, just dey look.
Mumu! I knew you'd quote me! Foool!
The op asked a question and all he needed was an answer, but the likes of you had to make him look like a mooron, simply because he wants to make some money from a dog he owns.
If it was so difficult for you to answer, why not shut the f^ck up? why make him feel so bad cos he asked a question?
Any other mumu can quote me like this asswipe did.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by aguizm(m): 7:18pm On Jan 30, 2015
kuzee:
I
trade by barter indeed lol.. but you know you must add something to it join.. not even 1 puppy will be enough in fact 2 litters done to 1 puppy of mine, at least I try small for that.
and I can't do without dog a day
Lol I agree to the trade by barter.Just bring down yours whenever u r coming back and am sure gonna hand u mine.U no try at all for that 2 for 1 oooo but I go also try add small something on top my own.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by aguizm(m): 7:20pm On Jan 30, 2015
oluomoadebayo:

Seriously I must commend you the way you are raising this dog. She looks healthy and beautiful .
Thanks,she is my best friend.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by aguizm(m): 7:48pm On Jan 30, 2015
steppin:
@op,
A good member on this forum named eveezy has given me the answers to my questions. I would have gone with Google but I needed straight forward answers that was y I thought asking it here would give me what I want.Thanks man for seeing things my way.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by Apitch(m): 8:32pm On Jan 30, 2015
Please on th issue of google this, google that, I want to ask a question.
Between google and a forum of experienced personels, which is a better reference?

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by kuzee(m): 8:47pm On Jan 30, 2015
Apitch:
Please on th issue of google this, google that, I want to ask a question.
Between google and a forum of experienced personels, which is a better reference?
Nairaland is till under google.
google is a search engine not a forum.. so you can't compare the likes of the two.. since I got a gsd even though not pure, like what every has been saying, they are just speculations.. I have learnt a lot from different forums found from google not only Nairaland, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
not everyone knows everything in this world..
moreso the users commenting here have various different breed..
and I want to comment on those saying about dough from breeding dog..
not everyone can be rich like you.. the likes of olu.. I can feel your pride.. your Mali's are expensive and you giving out for free doesn't mean another individual will also give out for free.. you got dough to spend on..
we need dough to keep food in our mouth... taking care of a dog ain't an easy tasks..
when he said return investment. I was in support of his notion coz everyone is entitled to their own opinion,
whether a person buy a dog for money is not business.. answer their questions simple..
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by kuzee(m): 9:00pm On Jan 30, 2015
aguizm:
A good member on this forum named eveezy has given me the answers to my questions. I would have gone with Google but I needed straight forward answers that was y I thought asking it here would give me what I want.Thanks man for seeing things my way.
bruh to be honest there is no straight forward answer.. just like there is no shortcut to heaven.. or else people might still think something else even though it doesn't matter to you.
there was a time I created a thread concerning dog poops, the first owning dog, I got their answer, especially oga seun, I respect him most.. will love to see him physically.. the reason been that whenever he post he always attached a link so you can go through it nd acquire more knowledge in the issue on ground, coz of that I spend time going through the net and studying this particular breed gsd... my point is not only Nairaland you can get ur answers, that why I never created thread again.. coz instead of them answering your questions they bring invalid statement.. their pride and ego are unpredictable, that why I like seun alot..
the other time I complained about my dog not Barking, see the nonsense advice seriously. . oga seun pm me trying to advise me before my dog died...
so i really want you to study more about Gsd. there is always time.. go through the net and download as much ebooks

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by steppin: 9:18pm On Jan 30, 2015
aguizm:
Bro, you're welcome!
Thank God for people like him who took the time to help.
Shame on those ITK bastards...acting like they're google or something.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by mayorall(m): 9:22pm On Jan 30, 2015
Your dog looks wonderful. we got our dogs same time. Looks exactly like me. I hope her birthday is not 30/4/2014. I notice you feed her mix delicacies and not puppy foods?. Am I right? .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Do You Think Of Pets(especially Dogs)? / Pedigree Slant Back Male GSD For Stud Services / Diary Of My Lhasa Apso Girl ‘Reuby’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.