Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,892 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards (9353 Views)

Group Asks Court To Stop Buhari’s Inauguration / Voter Cards Of GEJ, GMB And Those Of PEJ And Aisha Buhari (pics) / Reps order INEC To Allow Use Of temporary Voter’s Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by Obinoscopy(m): 3:57pm On Jan 29, 2015
By Tobi Soniyi

A group, the Society for Advancement and Protection of Public Rights, has applied to the Federal High Court in Abuja to issue an order stopping the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) from insisting that only voters with the Permanent Voters' Cards will be allowed to vote.

SUIT NO: FHC/ABJ/CS/06/15 filed by Mr Eze Anumnu is seeking an order of court to compel INEC to allow anyone with a voter's card, either temporary or permanent, to vote.

To do otherwise, the group argued, would amount to dis-enfranchising millions of Nigerians which the group said would result in violence and breakdown of law and order.

The group stated that there was no law that empowered INEC to insist on PVC as the only acceptable card for voting.

On the contrary, the group said that by refusing to allow people with temporary voters cards to vote, INEC is violating sections 77(2) and 117(2) of the Constitution.

Specifically, the group is seeking a declaration that by virtue of sections 77(2) and 117(2) of the Constitution, INEC has no power to deprive any Nigerian, who is eligible to vote ‎the chance to vote on the grounds of non possession of a PVC.

It also asked the court to declare that any provisions of the Electoral Act 2010 or any INEC Electoral Guidelines, which prescribes the use of a card reader machine for screening voters card, which has the effect of preventing a registered voter to vote, is beyond the powers of INEC and therefore unconstitutional.

The court is also called upon to hold that the "Continuous Voters Registration ‎being carried out by INEC now less than 60 days to the 2015 elections is unconstitutional, illegal, ineffectual and unlawful for being in direct contravention of Section 9(5) of the Electoral Act.

"‎That by virtue of Sections 9(5) and 10(4) of the Electoral Act, the current Voters Register to be used for the 2015 general elections is the Register existing, at least 60days to the commencement of the 2015 elections as notified by INEC pursuant to Section 30(1) of the Electoral Act."

6 Likes

Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by ArchEnemy(m): 3:59pm On Jan 29, 2015
They should allow those with pvcs to vote abeg.
They shouldnt give grounds for mago mago

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by SeverusSnape(m): 4:02pm On Jan 29, 2015
That's just the best way, Because many eligible voters have not gotten their PVCs

8 Likes

Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by englishmart(m): 4:10pm On Jan 29, 2015
if I could come back all the way from the states to get my permanent voter's card, then everybody should get too... No excuses are accepted

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
Only voters with PVC should be allowed to vote. Using temporary cards gives room for rigging. There is nothing preventing people picking up their voters card. Our people have been lazy in going out there to pick up their cards. We should not blame INEC when our people think PVC must come to them in their rooms.

What government should do now is to declare three day holiday so that Nigerians can go out there and pick up their cards.

10 Likes

Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by taiwoflb: 4:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
Only those with PVC's should be allowed by doing otherwise will increase the chance of election fraud

Bird flu spreads to 11 states – FG
Source: http://e reporter.com.ng/index.php/more-news/health-news2/item/2864-bird-flu-spreads-to-11-states-fg
Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by jkendy(m): 4:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
Welcome back to duty........
Not just dat o.......
They should compel INEC to cancel the permanent voters madness exercise Cos It's fraudulent.

They should also ask somebody to provide his original credentials.......

I no call person name o.

6 Likes

Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by otijah(m): 4:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
Ok
Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by juniormusa(m): 4:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
Failbuhari 2015 grin
GEJ till 2019 grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by Opiosko: 4:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
Supported

1 Like

Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by Amastermovic(m): 4:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
Dats not y , we r here

Bbm pin ;7F021ECA

SAIII BUHARII
Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by hazyfm1: 4:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
I CONCUR

1 Like

Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by clubone0502: 4:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
Mine is still stuck in Abj..Or so they say..

Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
In acordance with section(2) sub-section (59) chapter 5 page 419, i hearby declare that we kick against this move because they are looking for means to rig the election.

If you have PVC, vote. If you don't have, sit down at home!!

GEJ till bwoohahari get sense grin grin

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by omenka(m): 4:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
I totally support this.
Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
That's a good idea,because I can't go and queue under the sun because of PVC'I did that in 2011,not anymore.
Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by apcmustwin(f): 4:37pm On Jan 29, 2015
hmmmm
Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 29, 2015

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 29, 2015
Those on the Campaign team of these candidates don't even have PVCs.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by Goahead(m): 4:38pm On Jan 29, 2015
Even with the PVC
Buhari will still go back to Daura

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by BMZK: 4:38pm On Jan 29, 2015
In another news: Chad is doing good job for us....
https://www.nairaland.com/2120047/breaking-news-chad-captures-nigerian
Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by Opiosko: 4:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
ArchEnemy:
They should allow those with pvcs to vote abeg.
They shouldnt give grounds for mago mago

INEC is acting funny on this issue. I have not gotten my pvc, reason, they said it's not yet available. Registered on Jan 29 2011. can u imagine that?

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by King939: 4:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
[size=20pt]Sound Of Alarm For PDP: OLAMIDE BADOO Sings New Track In Support Of APC

Could it Be that APC are now paying Musicians to Sing In Support of Them? Hmm i sense desperation. The Nigerian POPULAR rapper Olamide just dropped a New Single Titled "The Change We Want", Seriously Hyping APC.

I saw this description Online..

Indigenous rapper Olamide has expressed his support for the All Progressives Congress (APC), after featuring on previous campaign records at the Lagos state level, the rapper has finally endorsed the APC presidential candidate Muhammadu Buhariand his running mate, Yemi Osinbajo. The record is titled ‘The Change We Want’.

Abeg Make Una Download am Follow Hear. angry

[url=http://fb.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwap10.net%2Fmusic%2Fview%2F26676317&h=5AQFduDI5&enc=AZNzqtOk8MVdaZKvZRbUtJgQqxjraXil-cLdO27B5rswDCLR2D9TzZ1EpogweWtPH_5ZAAUDn7yI3LlwR_TrI-jpJZAyNBc69JyKMc1ICPmSCylx50gzp3eBTV87flH68U8ss99Tny7BIhnsq9QpKwnKVvBxbNvRBvV6UUoSSvS7RQ&s=1]Olamide –The Change We Want.mp3[/url]
[/size]

UPDATED: A - Z Wizkid Songs & Davido Songs Now Available

Davido Songs First: The second Most Controversial Nigerian Musician Mr O.B.O Davido

[img]http://www.herald.co.zw/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/DAVIDO.jpg[/img]

[url=http://fb.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwap10.net%2Fmusic%2Flist%2F3835981&h=-AQGs0YhO&enc=AZOZAzrMRyR_z4htd5bAQsnG8MCacEVopgjpVCtCiqNLmLuBS_-vqpTKuyZfddgGV-_E7PapYNjqeVs2EMNtU88saUQHOyScGGc7JqcXwF6xhwdUL0uRzZwYXtxBHedEs_rGyaN7o5y58w-nkgUBDtTJlYWF5FWOtMkOfwZ7WRSi-g&s=1]A - Z All Davido Songs Here[/url]

Next on the List is Our Own Starboy Wizzy Baby

[url=http://fb.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwap10.net%2Fmusic%2Flist%2F3835720&h=UAQGAJJy8&enc=AZPg2oBvvLl8tOn7as50jG2nptm2pu_SHl4ah8JL1yzKIn20E_D6DNoPX_2lw_hbao7QfLQl1w94eD1Kr5Bo9jLs&s=1]A - Z All Wizkid Songs Here[/url]

Enjoy Guys!

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
[b]Hello good people, vote your conscience. Don't be manipulated. If your pastor says don't vote for a Muslim, ask him if Daniel served a saint; whether Modeccai did not serve King Ahaseurus and if Joseph was not a prime Minister under Pharaoh. This election is not about North versus South, nor is it Christian versus Muslim. It is about Nigeria and good governance. Don't allow politicians divide us. When they share money, they don't talk about religion. When they want donations from Aliko Dangote, they don't remember he is a Muslim. When they enter an aircraft, they don't ask the religious faith of the pilot. When their bosses are atheists, they don't resign from the job. When an Alhaji gives them contracts, they don't reject it. They and their wives go to Dubai to spend money. Dubai is in United Arab Emirate but they have no problems buying houses in Dubai. But when it comes to politics back home, they say they want to ISLAMISE or CHRISTIANIZE you. Yet, some of these people were spiritual consultants to Abacha. Vote your conscience. If you want to vote for Jonathan, vote for him based on your conviction that he has performed in your estimation and not because he is a "Christian". If you want to vote for Buhari, vote for him because you feel disenchanted with Jonathan government, not because he is a Muslim. Say NO to bigotry. God bless Nigeria..[/b]

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by saasala(m): 4:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
Thats good.

PS:
Nairaland Poll On February Presidential Election Between Jonathan And Buhari: https://www.nairaland.com/2119319/nairaland-poll-february-presidential-election

Please CAST your votes
Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by pat077: 4:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
I disagree. they shld enlighten the masses on the need to go and get their PVC before election day. allowing both d use of PVC and tvc will give room for massive rigging.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by bastien: 4:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
Good news

Abeg dem still dey register, cause I no get PVC let alone TVC

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
That's definitely a great idea... With lot of people still on the stands for the PVC and it's difficult getting it, it would be hard for most people to vote in this upcoming elections, Infact most people in alimosho Lga, which is the biggest local govt in Lagos still don't have their PVC or access to it, when most people even have to pay some egunje to get in front of rowundecided
Eitherway sha! There would be rigging jawe! grin grin grin
As for me, my famz and my goons ! Buhari all the way! wink
Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by searay(m): 4:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
INEC do the needful, I can't wait to sending Buhari back to his nomadic farming

1 Like

Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by ArchEnemy(m): 4:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
Opiosko:

INEC is acting funny on this issue. I have not gotten my pvc, reason, they said it's not yet available. Registered on Jan 29 2011. can u imagine that?
thats the problem. They just know how to frustrate people in this country
Re: 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards by emeka2847: 4:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
All these Group Group Group wey Jona dey use.

We won't allow rigging with temporary card.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tai Results: PDP Huffing And Puffing Empty Air - Rivers APC / Court Postpones Decision On Appearance Of Dasuki, Jonathan As Metu's Witnesses / FG Must Punish Employers Who Fail To Pay N30,000 Minimum Wage – Balarabe Musa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.