Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,787 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims (1295 Views)

Nigeria Doles Out $258m For Saudi Blackwater Mercenaries To Face Militants / Rivers Rerun: PDP Releases Photos, Alleges FG Doles Out Billions To APC Rivers / Group Supplies ICC With Evidence Linking Buhari To 2011 Post-election Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by Motolank: 4:37am On Jan 30, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan has approved the release of a total sum of N5,747,694,780.00 to nine states of the federation for direct disbursement to those who suffered losses of properties, means of livelihood and places of worship in the post-election violence of 2011.

This was disclosed in a press statement issued by the Special Adviser to President Jonathan on Media and Publicity, Reuben Abati.

It will be recalled that following the post-election violence and civil disturbances in some states after the April 2011 elections President Jonathan set up a Panel of Enquiry headed by Sheik Ahmed Lemu to among other things, identify the spread and extent of losses suffered across the country.

The statement said “following the submission of the Lemu Panel’s report and its adoption by the Federal Executive Council, the Federal Ministry of Lands and Housing was mandated to assess the reported losses and damage to properties in all affected states.

“Based on the Ministry’s report, President Jonathan has approved the release of funds to nine of the 14 affected states as follows:

1. Bauchi – N1,574,879,000.00
2. Sokoto – N55,888,506.00
3. Zamfara – N93,253,485.00
4. Niger – N433,375,875.00
5. Jigawa – N208,667,634.00
6. Katsina – N1,973,209,440.00
7. Kano – N944,827,000.00
8. Adamawa – N420,089,840.00
9. Akwa Ibom – N43,504,000.00
Total – N5,747,694,780.00

Mr Abati further said that President Jonathan directed that an Implementation Committee for the disbursement of the funds to the beneficiaries in the nine states be constituted as follows:

1. Executive Governor or Deputy Governor – Chairman
2. Representative of State Government – Member
3. Secretary of the Sheik Lemu Panel – Member
4. Representative of the OSGF – Member
5. Representative of the FMLH&UD – Member

He said that inspection and assessment of damages and losses suffered are yet to be carried out in Borno, Yobe, Gombe, Kaduna and Nasarawa states as modalities and further instructions for the exercise are still being expected from the state governments.

The presidential spokesman said the funds to cover the losses sustained by victims of the post-election violence in these five states will be approved and released at the conclusion of the assessment exercise.

Deadly election-related and communal violence which occurred in northern Nigeria following the April 2011 presidential voting left more than 800 people dead. The victims were killed in three days of rioting in 12 northern states.

The violence began with widespread protests by supporters of the main opposition candidate, Muhammadu Buhari, a northern Muslim from the Congress for Progressive Change, following the re-election President Jonathan, a Christian from the Niger Delta in the south, who was the candidate for the ruling People’s Democratic Party. The protests degenerated into violent riots or sectarian killings in the northern states of Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Niger, Sokoto, Yobe, and Zamfara. Relief officials estimate that more than 65,000 people were displaced.

The Federal Government on 11 May 2011 constituted a panel of a group of 22 eminent Nigerians led by Sheikh Lemu to investigate the cause of the post-election violence. The panel submitted its report to the government on October 10, 2011 containing far-reaching recommendations one of which is the payment of compensations to the victims of the post-election violence.
Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by LagosBoi2(m): 4:55am On Jan 30, 2015
Please bring the propaganda into our own case

Please return our 1k
Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by clevvermind(m): 5:07am On Jan 30, 2015
that is what every reasonable president ought to do. Jonathan no doubt is the man of the people. haters, stop condemning something good.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by focus7: 5:08am On Jan 30, 2015
Hehehehe, Re-election incentive! Jonathan is becoming more desperate by the day. Why does he take so long, 2011-2015, does he think everyone is clueless minded as he ia? He never expected he will face the level of rejection trailing his campaign, he was been deceived by his follower that he has achieved enough to win him the peoples acceptance, now that he's face to face with the reality upon all the smearing at the good reputation of the peoples general, the next move for him is to dole out money. Welcome from a long slumbering, the next available bus is waiting to convey your loads back to Otueke.

9 Likes

Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by gambit10: 5:33am On Jan 30, 2015
clevvermind:
that is what every reasonable president ought to do. Jonathan no doubt is the man of the people. haters, stop condemning something good.

Seriously??...since 2011 he now remembers them, and u went for that bait?? BTW how did u get your moniker

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by raumdeuter: 5:44am On Jan 30, 2015
An incident that happened 4yrs ago he suddenly remembered 2 weeks to election

Jonathan that you are retardded doesnt mean Nigerians are foolish too.

We can see through you deceit, even a Primary 1 pupil cant fall for that cheap tactic

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by Nobody: 5:49am On Jan 30, 2015
clevvermind:

People like you in the society have taken sycophancy to another level entirely. Something very bad happened since 2011 and the president is just waking up to compensate the victims four years after they were victimized. This is an election thing and people can see through it.

Well, the desperation by Jonathan is too glaring for all to see. It is too late for him now. Nigerians have decided to sack him in 16 days time.
Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by focus7: 5:58am On Jan 30, 2015
clevvermind:
I suggest you change your moniker to "cluelessmind". That suits your personality the most.
Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by MyParadise(m): 6:24am On Jan 30, 2015
[quote
author=sincerenigerian post=30261115]

People like you in the society have taken sycophancy to another level
entirely. Something very bad happened since 2011 and the president is
just waking up to compensate the victims four years after they were
victimized. This is an election thing and people can see through it.

Well, the desperation by Jonathan is too glaring for all to see. It is
too late for him now. Nigerians have decided to sack him in 16 days
time.[/quote]

Pls, when would we all learn to stop all this insults and abuses when one speaks his mind. Everybody cant be in ur own side. if u want to correct someone cant we just point out the corrections without jibe?

By the way His Excellency delayed much in his action to compensate the victims of 2011 elections but at least he condemned it but Buhari has never ever shown remorse nor cobdenm that actions portrayed by his very people.

Rather what we hear here is Buhari never ordered them to kill people. Buhari never carried machetes to kill people. Did you see Buhari kill the coppers and christians? All these word has no meaning because even him (Buhari) knows so well that all those violence was because he failed in 2011 elections.
Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by Nobody: 6:28am On Jan 30, 2015
MyParadise:

Pls, when would we all learn to stop all this insults and abuses when one speaks his mind. Everybody cant be in ur own side. if u want to correct someone cant we just point out the corrections without jibe?

By the way His Excellency delayed much in his action to compensate the victims of 2011 elections but at least he condemned it but Buhari has never ever shown remorse nor cobdenm that actions portrayed by his very people.

Rather what we hear here is Buhari never ordered them to kill people. Buhari never carried machetes to kill people. Did you see Buhari kill the coppers and christians? All these word has no meaning because even him (Buhari) knows so well that all those violence was because he failed in 2011 elections.

Please, point out a single insult in my post.
Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by faithugo64(f): 6:37am On Jan 30, 2015
Oga jona why did it take you so long?election thing abi?
Pa buhari what are you waiting for?apologise to those affected,show remorse,even if its this once!
Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by clevvermind(m): 6:48am On Jan 30, 2015
gambit10:

Seriously??...since 2011 he now remembers them, and u went for that bait?? BTW how did u get your moniker
so doing it now is evil abi? so he should stop? don't lose your senses.
Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by clevvermind(m): 6:50am On Jan 30, 2015
sincerenigerian:

People like you in the society have taken sycophancy to another level entirely. Something very bad happened since 2011 and the president is just waking up to compensate the victims four years after they were victimized. This is an election thing and people can see through it.

Well, the desperation by Jonathan is too glaring for all to see. It is too late for him now. Nigerians have decided to sack him in 16 days time.
the important thing is that he is doing it now. and that should be commended.
Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by clevvermind(m): 6:55am On Jan 30, 2015
focus7:
I suggest you change your moniker to "cluelessmind". That suits your personality the most.
so he should stop and take back the money because this is coming belatedly? my guy, you have lost focus.
Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by oakson: 7:06am On Jan 30, 2015
Jona taking a clue from his tap -mouthed boy(oshokomole).
The remix of stomach infracture is out!
For more updates on pocket infracture send Jona to 419
grin

1 Like

Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by oakson: 7:12am On Jan 30, 2015
cheesy
focus7:
Hobnobbing with a jonadunce in the miry clay of ineptitudity sure has an adverse effect grin

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by gambit10: 8:40am On Jan 30, 2015
clevvermind:

Thank goodness I have something(my sense) to loose... Can that same statement be directed to you ??.....I guess not #no-offence tho
Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by clevvermind(m): 8:42am On Jan 30, 2015
gambit10:

Thank goodness I have something(my sense) to loose... Can that same statement be directed to you ??.....I guess not #no-offence tho
pls stop quoting me.
Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by Motolank: 7:58pm On Jan 30, 2015
clevvermind:
it happen in 2011 he gave money after 3yrs...for what now? Election?
NIGERIANS... always wear other pples shoe before you concluduuuu/commenttty...haba
Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by Motolank: 7:58pm On Jan 30, 2015
focus7:
Hehehehe, Re-election incentive! Jonathan is becoming more desperate by the day. Why does he take so long, 2011-2015, does he think everyone is clueless minded as he ia? He never expected he will face the level of rejection trailing his campaign, he was been deceived by his follower that he has achieved enough to win him the peoples acceptance, now that he's face to face with the reality upon all the smearing at the good reputation of the peoples general, the next move for him is to dole out money. Welcome from a long slumbering, the next available bus is waiting to convey your loads back to Otueke.
tell them oo
Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by Motolank: 8:00pm On Jan 30, 2015
sincerenigerian:

I cant wait
Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by Motolank: 8:01pm On Jan 30, 2015
MyParadise:

Issokay
Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by Motolank: 8:03pm On Jan 30, 2015
clevvermind:
We have heard you undecided
Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by Motolank: 8:04pm On Jan 30, 2015
clevvermind:
the important thing is that he is doing it now. and that should be commended.
But yourself in the vicyims family shoe...then come back to comment... Will they even actually get the money?
Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by Motolank: 8:06pm On Jan 30, 2015
oakson:
Jona taking a clue from his tap -mouthed boy(oshokomole).
The remix of stomach infracture is out!
For more updates on pocket infracture send Jona to 419
grin
I forwarded you comment to Buhari...
He wants me to ask if you said 419 or kirikiri?
Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by Motolank: 8:07pm On Jan 30, 2015
[quote author=oakson post=30262295] cheesy
Hobnobbing with a jonadunce in the miry clay of ineptitudity sure has an adverse effect grin[/ quote] grin dearis gordu oo
Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by oakson: 9:14pm On Jan 30, 2015
Motolank:
I forwarded you comment to Buhari...
He wants me to ask if you said 419 or kirikiri?
MY IMPECCABLE LADY OF MAHOGANIC CALIBRE...... I actually meant FOUR ONE NINE!
My regards to the handsome gap-tooth General(EJIWUNMI)
Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by Calculia: 9:16pm On Jan 30, 2015
U see how much Buhari soaking the Dogs and Baboon in blood is costing Nigeria?

Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by Motolank: 12:23am On Jan 31, 2015
oakson:

MY IMPECCABLE LADY OF MAHOGANIC CALIBRE...... I actually meant FOUR ONE NINE!
My regards to the handsome gap-tooth General(EJIWUNMI)

He smiled and said thank you
Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by Motolank: 2:36pm On Jan 31, 2015
Calculia:
U see how much Buhari soaking the Dogs and Baboon in blood is costing Nigeria?

Did u see d video & do u understand hausa? He didnt say so....
Re: GEJ Doles Out Billions To 2011 Victims by Motolank: 8:51pm On Jan 31, 2015
Imagin

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Has Not Been Attending Council Of States Meeting,he Surfaced Today / 6,000 Wamakko Kinsmen Dump Sokoto APC For PDP / Still On The Need To Re-elect GEJ........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.