Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,094 members, 7,849,415 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:01 PM

Buhari Was A Failure As Head Of State –shehu Shagari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Was A Failure As Head Of State –shehu Shagari (1291 Views)

Donald Trump Appoints Omarosa Manigault As Head Of Trump Campaign / President Buhari Removes Danladi Kifasi As Head Of Service / GMB As Head Of State In 1983 Vs Buhari As President In 2015 (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Was A Failure As Head Of State –shehu Shagari by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 30, 2015
Second Republic President, Alhaji Shehu Usman Aliyu Shagari, yesterday broke his
silence on burning national issues, declaring
that former Head of State and presidential
candidate of the All Progressives Congress,
APC, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, was a failure
in office. The elder statesman said unlike President
Goodluck Jonathan, who had achieved a lot in
office, there was nothing he can point to that
Buhari achieved for the whole period he was
Head of State between 1983 and 1985. Shagari who spoke for the first time on the
quality of the leader that Nigerians need 32
years after his administration was
overthrown by Gen. Buhari, declared that the
APC standard bearer had no developmental
strides during his regime. He said: “Now I may ask Nigerians, what
are Buhari’s developmental strides as
Nigeria’s head of state for the period in
question?” Your answer is as good as mine,
NONE for his whole time in office. Jonathan
may not be the best, but I can mention three to four breakthroughs in Nigeria that
occurred under his five years in office.” Shagari said that unlike the leaders before
President Jonathan, he can mention three to
four areas where the incumbent president
had fared better. In a rare interview with African Independent
Television, AIT reporter in Sokoto,
yesterday, the elder statesman said after
several years, the trains are back on track,
noting that even his 27-year-old grandchild
boarded one for the first time in his life in 2014. Shagari also said that President Jonathan’s
administration was the first to construct 125
modern Almajiri Schools and 12 universities
in a short period of time. According to Shagari, President Jonathan also
scored first in the agricultural sector, where
his administration has become the first
Nigerian government to eradicate the high
level corruption in the distribution of
fertilisers and ghost workers in the civil service. He said Jonathan may not be the best, “but I
can mention three to four breakthroughs in Nigeria that
occurred under his five years in office.” The full text of the interview reads: Shagari: “Jonathan may not be the best, but
I can mention three to four breakthroughs in
Nigeria that occurred under his five years in
office. “Under Jonathan’s administration, the
trains are back in Nigeria after about 30
years of neglect. In fact, my 27 years old
grandchild boarded train for the first time in
his life in 2014. “His (Jonathan) administration is the first
government to construct over 125 modern
Almajiri Schools and 12 universities in a short
frame of time.
“He is also the first Nigerian leader to
construct cargo airports and ensure all zones
in Nigeria have an international airport. “And the very first government to start
diversifying Nigerian economy back to
agriculture after Nigeria lost its agricultural
glory in the 70s. “Now, I may ask Nigerians, what are
Buhari’s developmental strides as Nigerian
Head of State?” Your answer is as good as
mine, NONE for his whole time in office.
Jonathan may not be the best, but I can
mention three to four breakthroughs in Nigeria that occurred under his five years in
office. Interestingly, Shagari’s rating of the two
presidential candidates coincided with
President Jonathan and his Peoples
Democratic Party, PDP’s campaign to
Sokoto. Addressing the mammoth crowd that
gathered at the rally, President Jonathan
warned politicians who are planning to cause
trouble during the forthcoming elections not
to test the might of the Federal Government. He said instead of threatening to throw the
country into chaos if they lose the polls, they
should join hands with him to ensure a
peaceful conduct of the elections in the
interest of the country**

www.nigerianmonitor.com/2015/01/20/buhari-was-a-failure-as-head-of-state-shehu-shagari/

1 Like

Re: Buhari Was A Failure As Head Of State –shehu Shagari by sam4(m): 8:07pm On Jan 30, 2015
Daddy is that true?
Re: Buhari Was A Failure As Head Of State –shehu Shagari by idealsico(m): 8:08pm On Jan 30, 2015
He failed completely. He has nothing to offer.
Re: Buhari Was A Failure As Head Of State –shehu Shagari by ArchEnemy(m): 8:09pm On Jan 30, 2015
If he had the same number of years as GEJ, ruled under democracy and ruled in recent times it would ve been a fair comparism
Re: Buhari Was A Failure As Head Of State –shehu Shagari by otbliz(m): 8:10pm On Jan 30, 2015
These few things are involved?

1. Shagari is still holding the grudge since the coup.

2. GMB stayed for a couple of years, which is not
Enough to effect a change.
3. if GMB was good enough he would have lasted longer as head of state, so at this old age why should he think he can do better? undecided(Shagari has a point).

4. On the other note, GEJ is not capable of fighting corruption nor Boko Haram, (the only problems we face in naija as of present).
5. GEJ has stayed for 6yrs already, and he still is clueless. Promising the same shit he promised 4yrs back.

6. I don't give a damn right now, the change is not buhari, the way forward is not Jonathan. So here we are in naija JUST CLUELESS

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Was A Failure As Head Of State –shehu Shagari by temitemi1(m): 8:16pm On Jan 30, 2015
GEJ till 2019!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was A Failure As Head Of State –shehu Shagari by capip120(m): 8:20pm On Jan 30, 2015
Ogbeni no be lie joor! If you doubt me ask IBB. Abi no be him overthrow am?
Re: Buhari Was A Failure As Head Of State –shehu Shagari by dkronicle(m): 8:21pm On Jan 30, 2015
Chai even past leader gon dey feel don dorogoodluck
Re: Buhari Was A Failure As Head Of State –shehu Shagari by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:22pm On Jan 30, 2015
Not only a failure. But, A serial loser also..

2003 can bear me witness.

2007 can even attest to that. And,

Even 2011 was there live & direct..

GEJ till boohary understands dat youths are the leaders of tomorrow..
Re: Buhari Was A Failure As Head Of State –shehu Shagari by nwafuluozoh: 8:26pm On Jan 30, 2015
Shagari is stating the obvious.
Re: Buhari Was A Failure As Head Of State –shehu Shagari by dunkem21(m): 8:26pm On Jan 30, 2015
You're right sir.

He is a big failure.

He also failed mathematics.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Was A Failure As Head Of State –shehu Shagari by T8ksy(m): 8:35pm On Jan 30, 2015
Talk about a pot calling a kettle black.

If Buhari's 20months regime was a failure then Shagari's 4yrs rule was a monumental disaster.

Shagari should just stfu, jo.
Re: Buhari Was A Failure As Head Of State –shehu Shagari by ogb5(m): 8:52pm On Jan 30, 2015
otbliz:
These few things are involved?

1. Shagari is still holding the grudge since the coup.

2. GMB stayed for a couple of years, which is not
Enough to effect a change.
3. if GMB was good enough he would have lasted longer as head of state, so at this old age why should he think he can do better? undecided(Shagari has a point).

4. On the other note, GEJ is not capable of fighting corruption nor Boko Haram, (the only problems we face in naija as of present).
5. GEJ has stayed for 6yrs already, and he still is clueless. Promising the same shit he promised 4yrs back.

6. I don't give a damn right now, the change is not buhari, the way forward is not Jonathan. So here we are in naija JUST CLUELESS

Where did you guys bring this lie from. Jonathan will be 5 yrs in office by February, he has not yet even been 5 yrs in office yet every where you turn, you hear lies that Jonathan has been in office for 6 yrs.
Re: Buhari Was A Failure As Head Of State –shehu Shagari by agoadiv(m): 9:01pm On Jan 30, 2015
ok buhari overthrew his government...

how then will buhari achieve anything in his sight
Re: Buhari Was A Failure As Head Of State –shehu Shagari by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 30, 2015
ArchEnemy:
If he had the same number of years as GEJ, ruled under democracy and ruled in recent times it would ve been a fair comparism

There are a whole lot of things he could have done in office even on day one but he still failed to achieve them in his 20 months in office

Besides my own problem is why is it that for 30years Buhari did not engage in enterprise to at least employ Buhari and may be one more person
Re: Buhari Was A Failure As Head Of State –shehu Shagari by ArchEnemy(m): 9:47pm On Jan 30, 2015
mikeansy:

Besides my own problem is why is it that for 30years Buhari did not engage in enterprise to at least employ Buhari and may be one more person
I dont get this Sir
Re: Buhari Was A Failure As Head Of State –shehu Shagari by lamby(m): 10:42pm On Jan 30, 2015
If a govt is good you will know by the kind of projects executed.

Even if Buhari's govt lasted just 20months, he should be able to point out to some projects that he started but could not complete.

We were all in this country during Buhari's regime and we all know that Buhari did not carry out a single project talkless of completing one.

If it takes Buhari 20months just to think of what to do then GEJ is 100times better than him.

The young generation are the problem because they just come here shouting change, change without knowing that they are invariably dragging us all into a precarious situation we are all thankful to God for saving this country from a long time ago.

God forbid if this country gets into the hands of GMB once more because most youths will never survive the next 8years of wickedness personified
Re: Buhari Was A Failure As Head Of State –shehu Shagari by dulaman: 11:23pm On Jan 30, 2015
because he overthrow you?

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Campaign On An Almost Empty Stadium In Gombe / Buhari Finally Opens Up On Why He Travelled To London / Lagbaja Don Come Again Check It Out (200 Million Mumu)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.