Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,815 members, 7,844,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom (8206 Views)

Arms Scandal : Panel Submits Final Report , Indicts Top FG Officials / The Truth Behind This Calabar Lagos Railway Project,compare With Ibaka Sea Port / HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by Donmarrius: 9:14am On Jan 31, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Sir I disagree with this part I highlighted red

The State government should have built it . Then lobby the FG to make it an international seaport.

That is what Mbakwe did when Shagari told him that he can't build an airport in old IMO when one already exist in PH. kiss
That's a diff. Issue.
An Ibaka port will automatically open up Nigerian border to the outside world,and hence,needs fed.regulation,unlike
Imo airport which is inland,and needs approval before in't flight lands their.(think,you will understand what am saying)

1 Like

Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by omonnakoda: 9:14am On Jan 31, 2015
BlackTechnology:

What is this one saying

Is as if you know that if the seaport is built, Lagos will lose her almighty advantage as the most active economic lifeline angry
You are ignorant.For one even if another port is to be built Ibom or Bomi is not the most competitive place in Nigeria.
Lagos has been a long fought over point for centuries. Even in the SW Why have they not built another port in Ogun or Ondo Not to talk of Rivers or Bayelsa. Go and study your Geography well. The West Africa Coast line from Ghana through to Badagry to Lekki is a sweet evacuation line. After that as yu approach Ijebu Waterside you start to enter mangrove or Delta waterways and that continues further east. As you go east entering the Delta it becomes more difficult for bigger vessels to berth. There are two risks in the delta Large vessels will get bogged down or robbed by pirates as they ply more INLAND waterways. Yes some will say DREDGE but it is costly, often with unpredictable environmental consequences like flooding surrounding communities and dredging is not a PERMANENT solution. It will require regular RE-.
Quality work is NOT cheap

The other issue is evacuation. Even Lagos today has an evacuation problem . You need infrastructure to evacuate; roads and rail and they cost money too. In an area full of disgruntled militants you also have to factor in a security consideration
there are ports in PH and Onne why are they not being used. It is easy to talk but for those of us that have actually imported we know that few if any shippers are willing to ship anywhere but Lagos.Why It is cheaper .
The Nose will always be jealous of the mouth and say the body can feed through me, this is true if you use a nasogastric tube.In fact medically you can feed through the RECTUM but easiest and best is the mouth it has NO RIVAL.
Lagos is what it is because its coastline is different from EVERY other place in Nigeria including Ogun state its Nearest rival oterwise the logical place for a new SW port would be Ogun not Lekki since then you would be evacuating to Sagamu or Ore and thence onto the express. But Ogun Water side will require dredging and even with that many shippers just WON'T RISK IT. Their insurers will forbid it at least until the security situation in Nigeria changes.
So I reckon haters gonna be hating for a long tym
Eko oo ni baje

2 Likes

Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by rozayx5(m): 9:14am On Jan 31, 2015
BlackTechnology:
To me I feel disappointed that Akwa Ibom with all her oil revenue is still fooling around such wonderful project that can transform the state to an economic hub

The late Mbaka of old Imo and Abia won't slack in issues like this

I stand to be corrected, the governor is not serious about it otherwise by now that project would have being completed. cool

if the seaport was solely a State Government project , trust Akpabio boys would have already had forwarding companies littered in Ibaka
Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by NPComplete: 9:16am On Jan 31, 2015
Donmarrius:
ya sure goofed.read my post again,and you will see where you goofed.

Take on me,let me school you,its only cowards that likes decoy.

i am surprised u didnt quickly notice the guy is a hater. He doesnt want anything good happening in d SS/SE. Hear him discouraging exportation. LMAO. Some people just think they are wise.
Now because u corrected him and exposed his intentions the nitwit started trying to insult his own mother.
Kudos for schooling the fuckhead.

5 Likes

Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by omonnakoda: 9:18am On Jan 31, 2015
NPComplete:

i am surprised u didnt quickly notice the guy is a hater. He doesnt want anything good happening in d SS/SE. Hear him discouraging exportation. LMAO. Some people just think they are wise.
Now because u corrected him and exposed his intentions the nitwit started trying to insult his own mother.
Kudos for schooling the fuckhead.
Your mother is the fuckhead fool! You can change as many Ids as you want N matter. It will not be well with the b.itch
Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by BlackTechnology: 9:20am On Jan 31, 2015
rozayx5:

if the seaport was solely a State Government project , trust Akpabio boys would have already had forwarding companies littered in Ibaka
Donmarrius:
That's a diff. Issue.
An Ibaka port will automatically open up Nigerian border to the outside world,and hence,needs fed.regulation,unlike
Imo airport which is inland,and needs approval before in't flight lands their.(think,you will understand what am saying)

May I ask you guys one question

If Akpabio had built it and approach GEJ to use federal powers to make it an international seaport will GEJ agree or not.?

Please give me your answers with reasons.

As for security issues, the navy has a base at calabar and also at a base close to bakassi

Even ports make it difficult for smugglers entering easily due to the presence of security gadgets and personnel.
Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by NPComplete: 9:22am On Jan 31, 2015
omonnakoda:
Your mother is the fuckhead fool! You can change as many Ids as you want N matter. It will not be well with the b.itch

LOL. E pain the guy!!! Hahaha. Be it unto u according to ur thoughts towards others. This is signed and sealed by the powers that set the universe in motion.

1 Like

Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by Abagworo(m): 9:23am On Jan 31, 2015
8 years later they are still reporting. Was expecting to read about the commissioning.

2 Likes

Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by rozayx5(m): 9:24am On Jan 31, 2015
BlackTechnology:

May I ask you guys one question

If Akpabio had built it and approach GEJ to use federal powers to make it an international seaport will GEJ agree or not.?

Please give me your answers with reasons.

Bro, anything Seaport cannot be undertaken without FG permission, it will sound very stupid to sink 1.5b$ into a project only for the federal Government not approve its use.
its best to follow due process, we can build stadiums, mega hospitals, repair federal roads e.t.c without Too much process, but a seaport is a large scale project that needs to be followed accordingly
Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by omonnakoda: 9:27am On Jan 31, 2015
Akpabio was never going to build anything he was a noise maker and a thief.
A seaport of some description should be viable but it should be viable as a COMMERCIAL venture not a white elephant project like TINAPA. To be viable it requires planning i.e what Tonnage are we expecting to process and how do we evacuate i.e roads/rail /security??

What states are we targetting SS?SE/NE . What KIND of cargo. Evacuation infrastructure should be in place. The reason Ibaka is NOT happening is there is no evacuation infrastructure. A lot of people may not know but AK is a major cocoa producer what has he done to develop THAT industry that is already on ground instead of making noise about something in the sky
Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by BlackTechnology: 9:28am On Jan 31, 2015
omonnakoda:

You are ignorant.For one even if another port is to be built Ibom or Bomi is not the most competitive place in Nigeria.
Lagos has been a long fought over point for centuries. Even in the SW Why have they not built another port in Ogun or Ondo Not to talk of Rivers or Bayelsa. Go and study your Geography well. The West Africa Coast line from Ghana through to Badagry to Lekki is a sweet evacuation line. After that as yu approach Ijebu Waterside you start to enter mangrove or Delta waterways and that continues further east. As you go east entering the Delta it becomes more difficult for bigger vessels to berth. There are two risks in the delta Large vessels will get bogged down or robbed by pirates as they ply more INLAND waterways. Yes some will say DREDGE but it is costly, often with unpredictable environmental consequences like flooding surrounding communities and dredging is not a PERMANENT solution. It will require regular RE-.

The other issue is evacuation. Even Lagos today has an evacuation problem . You need infrastructure to evacuate; roads and rail and they cost money too. In an area full of disgruntled militants you also have to factor in a security consideration
there are ports in PH and Onne why are they not being used. It is easy to talk but for those of us that have actually imported we know that few if any shippers are willing to ship anywhere but Lagos.Why It is cheaper .
The Nose will always be jealous of the mouth and say the body can feed through me, this is true if you use a nasogastric tube.In fact medically you can feed through the RECTUM but easiest and best is the mouth it has NO RIVAL.
Lagos is what it is because its coastline is different from EVERY other place in Nigeria including Ogun state its Nearest rival oterwise the logical place for a new SW port would be Ogun not Lekki since then you would be evacuating to Sagamu or Ore and thence onto the express. But Ogun Water side will require dredging and even with that many shippers just WON'T RISK IT. Their insurers will forbid it at least until the security situation in Nigeria changes.
Eko oo ni baje

I read you long epistle and to be frank with you, the point of evacuation you made is invalid

Your sermon shows you haven't being to Akwa Ibom before

3 Likes

Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by omonnakoda: 9:29am On Jan 31, 2015
NPComplete:

LOL. E pain the guy!!! Hahaha. Be it unto u according to ur thoughts towards others. This is signed and sealed by the powers that set the universe in motion.
Son of monkey,Powers ko engine ni You talk anyha come my side ya mama go hear anyha me I no send you and I no send her .Her epilepsy fit carry her enter fire make she quench. I no send
Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by omonnakoda: 9:33am On Jan 31, 2015
BlackTechnology:

I read you long epistle and to be frank with you, the point of evacuation you made is invalid

Your sermon shows you haven't being to Akwa Ibom before
I have,I have lived there. In rural Akwa Ibom. I have seen how poor and backward they are. I have seen kids rummage through my garbage to pick up scraps of discarded food. I have seen kids killed by their parents because they were "witches" when the more likely reason was poverty.
I know AK very very well.. Are there any roads in Ibeno that can handle hundreds of 40 tonne vehicles daily or raillines??
Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by GBTYO: 9:34am On Jan 31, 2015
Once this port is fully commissioned and operational, just watch the economic table turn from the west to Uyo and Calabar.

This is what that broom wielding fool could not conceptionslize in 8 years as governor of Rivers.

Warri and Saple ports also need to be expanded and concessioned.

By the time all these are in place, watch Lagos turn to port novo.

2 Likes

Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by BlackTechnology: 9:35am On Jan 31, 2015
rozayx5:

Bro, anything Seaport cannot be undertaken without FG permission, it will sound very stupid to sink 1.5b$ into a project only for the federal Government not approve its use.
its best to follow due process, we can build stadiums, mega hospitals, repair federal roads e.t.c without Too much process, but a seaport is a large scale project that needs to be followed accordingly

You have not answered my question

If he had built it, would Jonathan have used his FG power to make it an international seaport.? Yes or No

My guy

Let me tell you one thing about being the President

The powers of a president gives him leverage to put aside many things

If you leave the SW and North, Enugu international airport won't be in existence

Jonathan used FG power to make it a reality

Catch the fact

Our son is in power and will use his position to help us get things done even if it means boycotting protocols.
Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by GBTYO: 9:36am On Jan 31, 2015
omonnakoda:

I have,I have lived there. In rural Akwa Ibom. I have seen how poor and backward they are. I have seen kids rummage through my garbage to pick up scraps of discarded food. I have seen kids killed by their parents because they were "witches" when the more likely reason was poverty.
I know AK very very well.

How does this change the fact that outside Lagos, where you are not from, Uyo is far ahead of any rural enclave in the southwest?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by rozayx5(m): 9:36am On Jan 31, 2015
BlackTechnology:

You have not answered my question

If he had built it, would Jonathan have used his FG power to make it an international seaport.? Yes or No

My guy

Let me tell you one thing about being the President

The powers of a president gives him leverage to put aside many things

If you leave the SW and North, Enugu international airport won't be in existence

Jonathan used FG power to make it a reality

Catch the fact

Our son is in power and will use his position to help us get things done even if it means boycotting protocols.

you have a point
Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by GBTYO: 9:38am On Jan 31, 2015
omonnakoda:

Eko oo ni baje

Why are you already so pained by this new development?

You can't even hide your jealousy.

1 Like

Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by BlackTechnology: 9:38am On Jan 31, 2015
omonnakoda:

I know AK very very well.

You have not being to the sea side of Akwa Ibom

I know from your comment
Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by GBTYO: 9:39am On Jan 31, 2015
The main opposition to developing a sea port in the southeast coastline and Niger delta is squarely hinged on both the north and the west.
Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by NPComplete: 9:41am On Jan 31, 2015
omonnakoda:
Son of monkey,Powers ko engine ni You talk anyha come my side ya mama go hear anyha me I no send you and I no send her .Her epilepsy fit carry her enter fire make she quench. I no send

The only thing I can read from what u wrote is that people from ur family suffer epilepsy. And they couldnt raise u properly because of the handicap. That is why the ailment is at the back of ur mind and u rant like a wild animal while people keep replying u with logical points. U talk like a some gutter rat. And that is understandable if u have spent most of ur time in the gutter picking up members of ur family who fell there in a sudden fit of their affliction. May God deliver ur parents from it. Say amen grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by waternogeteneny: 9:41am On Jan 31, 2015
omonnakoda:

[s]You are ignorant.For one even if another port is to be built Ibom or Bomi is not the most competitive place in Nigeria.

Eko oo ni baje[/s]

Trash! This is why many people dont like yorubas. People are building a seaport for industry and commerce this one is talking poo.

4 Likes

Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by BlackTechnology: 9:41am On Jan 31, 2015
rozayx5:

you have a point

Thanks

We have 2 new armouries in SE and SS. Courtesy Jonathan

We should use our son's power to get things done the way the North used their sons to steal our oil wells and the West used their son to hijack fuel subsidy. cool
Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by omonnakoda: 9:42am On Jan 31, 2015
GBTYO:

How does this change the fact that outside Lagos, where you are not from, Uyo is far ahead of any rural enclave in the southwest?
I am not sure what you mean by Ahead? Being ahead is in the Mind not concrete and mortar? I don't see anyone from SW coming to do boyboy in Uyo,do you? I don't see anyonne from SW west riding Akauke in Uyo do You? The SW is not you coeval as far as Human Development is concerned that is the truth. There are many houseboy and girls from AK in Sagamu and elsewhere in the SW outside Lagos this is a fact. Generally you are avery backward and superstitious people held in contempt by Eboes who call you Mmongho.
I see many engineers and such like from SW however. So who is ahead and who is chasing. Anyhow there are many "Calabar" people even 2nd and 3rd generation in Lagos and we love them so your unruliness here will not change that. I certainly love "Calabar" girls so stop being silly

1 Like

Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by waternogeteneny: 9:43am On Jan 31, 2015
GBTYO:
The main opposition to developing a sea port in the southeast coastline and Niger delta is squarely hinged on both the north and the west.

Nigeria will not survive 2015 and yorubas and hausa will be to blame. Beggars that now want to dictate to the people that pay the bill.

1 Like

Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by BlackTechnology: 9:44am On Jan 31, 2015
GBTYO:
Once this port is fully commissioned and operational, just watch the economic table turn from the west to Uyo and Calabar.

This is what that broom wielding fool could not conceptionslize in 8 years as governor of Rivers.

Warri and Saple ports also need to be expanded and concessioned.

By the time all these are in place, watch Lagos turn to port novo.

Gbam

That's why Akpabio should have hasten up the process but rather he fumbled.
Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by omonnakoda: 9:47am On Jan 31, 2015
NPComplete:

The only thing I can read from what u wrote is that people from ur family suffer epilepsy. And they couldnt raise u properly because of the handicap. That is why the ailment is at the back of ur mind and u rant like a wild animal while people keep replying u with logical points. U talk like a some gutter rat. And that is understandable if u have spent most of ur time in the gutter picking up members of ur family who fell there in a sudden fit of their affliction. May God deliver ur parents from it. Say amen grin grin
Clearly your mother has epilepsy which predisposes offspring to mental deficiency and learning disability.You have all the stigmata. I am sure after today you will make a very good note of my moniker and choose your words carefully when addressing me or even better keep off! You and your simian ancestry hold no interest for me . Go and attend to your mother
Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by spankyflex(m): 9:48am On Jan 31, 2015
omonnakoda:

I know AK very very well.. Are there any roads in Ibeno that can handle hundreds of 40 tonne vehicles daily or raillines??
kids rummage through your garbage to pick up discarded food in present day akwa ibom?dude u can do better than this.

1 Like

Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by NPComplete: 9:49am On Jan 31, 2015
omonnakoda:
Clearly your mother has epilepsy which predisposes offspring to mental deficiency and learning disability.You have all the stigmata. I am sure after today you will make a very good note of my moniker and choose your words carefully when addressing me or even better keep off! You and your simian ancestry hold no interest for me . Go and attend to your mother

Try harder grin

1 Like

Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by rozayx5(m): 9:49am On Jan 31, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Thanks

We have 2 new armouries in SE and SS. Courtesy Jonathan

We should use our son's power to get things done the way the North used their sons to steal our oil wells and the West used their son to hijack fuel subsidy. cool

true, thats why when people like tompolo make threats, i have no option than to support them sad
the north has robbed this country for too long with nothing to show for it, the poverty rate there is out of this world

1 Like

Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by GBTYO: 9:51am On Jan 31, 2015
omonnakoda:
I am not sure what you mean by Ahead? Being ahead is in the Mind not concrete and mortar? I don't see anyone from SW coming to do boyboy in Uyo,do you? I don't see anyonne from SW west riding Akauke in Uyo do You? The SW is not you coeval as far as Human Development is concerned that is the truth. There are many houseboy and girls from AK in Sagamu and elsewhere in the SW outside Lagos this is a fact. Generally you are avery backward and superstitious people held in contempt by Eboes who call you Mmongho

Those days are long over.

The boy boys and house girls are mainly drawn from your region, Benin republic, Togo and the middle belt. The Omaha drivers are now mainly from Niger republic and the north.

Keep hating on them.

It only reminds me of two sayings; no condition is permanent and also that Jewish saying that the best for. Of revenge is to live good.

Jealous tout.

1 Like

Re: The Final Report On Ibom ( Nee Ibaka )sea Port In Akwa Ibom by omonnakoda: 9:54am On Jan 31, 2015
spankyflex:
kids rummage through your garbage to pick up discarded food in present day akwa ibom?dude u can do better than this.
I do not live there now but it is a fact and it was not so long ago. Many kids from AK are still being trafficked and the Child witchcraft thing is still real so let us not pretend that there has been a revolution.Rural AK is one of the poorest places in NIGERIA quote me anywhere!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Proof For Nigerians That General Buhari Truly Means To End Corruption In Nigeria / See How Much Senators Who Are Ex-governors Earn. / Balarabe Musa Tips PRP To Defeat APC In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.