Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,118 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Help! 2008 Honda Accord Has High Idle @1500rpm - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! 2008 Honda Accord Has High Idle @1500rpm (19467 Views)

My Car Has A High Idle Rpm / Please Help Solve Extremely High Idle !!! / Advice Needed To Repair 2008 Honda Accord 2.4L (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! 2008 Honda Accord Has High Idle @1500rpm by disloman(m): 6:36pm On Feb 02, 2015
klipse:

No he just cleaned the throttle head and the 4 injectors
It might cos thinner is light n can easily penetrate into tiny holes.9k 4 plugs?
Re: Help! 2008 Honda Accord Has High Idle @1500rpm by Toksytoks(m): 9:00am On Feb 03, 2015
I bought the switch for 5k and bought the injector body for 15k.The parts are cheaper in Ladipo though but once you do this two things your problem will disappear. I am not sure about the check engine light cos mine is permanently on now. Am tired of paying for scans and i really dont care about it again.

Replace those two parts and you are good.

klipse:

Exactly the same issue i am having now. It pushes forward even when i am braking. And its consuming plenty fuel. I disconnected the battery and reconnect after 10secs which cleared the check engine light but it came back on. Please how much did you pay for the injector head black switch?
Re: Help! 2008 Honda Accord Has High Idle @1500rpm by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:19am On Feb 03, 2015
Toksytoks:
I bought the switch for 5k and bought the injector body for 15k.The parts are cheaper in Ladipo though but once you do this two things your problem will disappear. I am not sure about the check engine light cos mine is permanently on now. Am tired of paying for scans and i really dont care about it again.

That's a crude way of fixing a car. the pic is what you called the "switch" its an map sensor, it is very possible it was damaged by thinner.

Toksytoks I know what it feels like paying for scans and not getting results.
Re: Help! 2008 Honda Accord Has High Idle @1500rpm by klipse: 5:47pm On Feb 03, 2015
Toksytoks:

Hi, yesterday I actually just replaced the complete throttle head (black switch inclusive) and had the TPS re-calibrated and this cleared my check engine light. Now it runs smooth again grin grin grin yay!!

Everything cost me 25K. Thanks alot for assisting, appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Help! 2008 Honda Accord Has High Idle @1500rpm by Toksytoks(m): 4:26pm On Feb 04, 2015
Hehehe good to hear this..May be I should go back to Oyingbo. Was your car fixed at Oyingbo?

klipse:

Hi, yesterday I actually just replaced the complete throttle head (black switch inclusive) and had the TPS re-calibrated and this cleared my check engine light. Now it runs smooth again grin grin grin yay!!

Everything cost me 25K. Thanks alot for assisting, appreciate.
Re: Help! 2008 Honda Accord Has High Idle @1500rpm by Benzoric: 9:19am On Oct 06, 2015
Hello everyone,

Had d same issue after my Honda accord 2008 injector was cleaned...revving id.

I was told to change throttle body for 25k, I didnt.

I removed the negative of my battery for 10 - 15 mins, reconnected, started the car and ran it for 10 - 20 mins. It's been fine since then. Try this before changing any parts.

1 Like

Re: Help! 2008 Honda Accord Has High Idle @1500rpm by Piyke: 6:37pm On Feb 08, 2016
klipse:
Hi Nlanders,

I had my injectors cleaned and changed my 4 plugs. My mechanic said he cleaned the injector head with thinner and applied oil treatment to stop a tampering sound from the engine. Now my car drives quieter but the idle is high. around 1500 to 1800 on cold start and drops to 1200 rpm.

How can I reduce the idle to the factory default at 700? I read stuff online and it said I have to perform the idle re-learn procedure, what is that?

Car: honda accord 2008, 4cyl
Thanks

I fixed this recently on a friend's car. If the CEL is on you most likely have a p0570 code; idle speed too high.

All that is needed is to reset the ECM or remove battery head for some minutes and then perform the idle learn procedure as listed by Inception.

Except if the mechanic did other things, your car should be fine after the above
Re: Help! 2008 Honda Accord Has High Idle @1500rpm by PearlHarbour: 6:54pm On Feb 08, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

That's a crude way of fixing a car. the pic is what you called the "switch" its an map sensor, it is very possible it was damaged by thinner.

Toksytoks I know what it feels like paying for scans and not getting results.

Please I need a mechanic number that can help with this issue..someone pls help. I need a number of someone that can sortout my high idling problem for my honda.
Re: Help! 2008 Honda Accord Has High Idle @1500rpm by mayor2013: 8:56pm On Feb 08, 2016
PearlHarbour:

Please I need a mechanic number that can help with this issue..someone pls help. I need a number of someone that can sortout my high idling problem for my honda.

Call multi autolab on 08165520837 or 08156087872 if you are located in lagos
Re: Help! 2008 Honda Accord Has High Idle @1500rpm by seunskills: 10:52pm On Jun 11, 2018
I'm having this issue right now after a mechanic adjusted a pin on my 2009 Honda Accord's throttle body. Anything to do to fix this or I need to buy another throttle body?
Re: Help! 2008 Honda Accord Has High Idle @1500rpm by Gabrokpara001(m): 10:42am On Jan 16
klipse:
Hi Nlanders,

I had my injectors cleaned and changed my 4 plugs. My mechanic said he cleaned the injector head with thinner and applied oil treatment to stop a tampering sound from the engine. Now my car drives quieter but the idle is high. around 1500 to 1800 on cold start and drops to 1200 rpm.

How can I reduce the idle to the factory default at 700? I read stuff online and it said I have to perform the idle re-learn procedure, what is that?

Car: honda accord 2008, 4cyl
Thanks

Adding to the pool of knowledge.

i encountered a very similar challenge, after cleaning my throttle body, my rpm was idling at 1500-2000 range. i was mad at myself for cleaning it in the first place.started browsing for answers.

Made up my mind this morning to go get a new throttle body. Called a friend who has a car obd scanner to come along with me. he suggested he should scan my car and see the trouble codes it ll show.
As expected we saw IDLE SPEED TOO HIGH.
He erased the codes and voom..my car returned to normal. now the idle is very smooth.

i thank God my issue was easily resolved

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / 10 Ways To Save Fuel For Your Car / How To Overcome A Driving Phobia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.