Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding (34973 Views)

LASG CCTV Van Stuck On Electricity Cables At Abule Egba (photos) / ... / Wire Abandoned By Electricity Workers Electrocutes 15-year-old Pupil (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by Tval(m): 6:45am On Feb 02, 2015
story
Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by 9jvirgin(m): 6:45am On Feb 02, 2015
Death to PDP

Sai Buhari!!!

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by Akalia(m): 6:46am On Feb 02, 2015
Ok
Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by Misogynist2014(m): 6:49am On Feb 02, 2015
As if its also happening in UK.
Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by nuras: 6:51am On Feb 02, 2015
No day to hav light in 9ja? My people Just fight corruption u wil see light cry
Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by jude33084(m): 6:51am On Feb 02, 2015
johnwizey:
Bros if e dey pain u, why not try gammalin 20

Grow up!

Power was even worst during his time. If you were not born then, ask your parents. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by EagleScribes: 6:53am On Feb 02, 2015
So what about those that turn off the light when an important football match is about to take place? We should not curse them too? I'm sure this does not happen in my area alone
Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by great664(m): 6:56am On Feb 02, 2015
johnwizey:
D only....
Must you Politicise everything. You are acting like a kid and a foool dis days. Grow Up man
Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by duni04(m): 6:57am On Feb 02, 2015
One of the reasons I'm on nairaland, to learn something about everything. Now I know why the lights go on and off.
Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by Ahmeduana(m): 6:58am On Feb 02, 2015
ayobase:

http://johnomolaolu..com/2015/01/reasons-you-might-not-be-having.html

ABOUT THE DEVIL MAY CARE ATTITUDE
in a situation residents went to complain to PHCN staff about a break down of equipments in an area, and the PHCN staff are demanding for money before they would rectify the problem, WHAT DO WE CALLED THAT AND UNDER WHAT CATEGORY DID SUCH ACTION FALLS INTO? PLEASE I NEED ANSWER SINCE YOU ARE THE p.r.o OF PHCN, I ASSUMED.

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by ogaprime(m): 6:58am On Feb 02, 2015
@op, winch( ajeeh,witch,wizard,etc) wey dey for their streets too might be involved, how them go operate when light dey...

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by victorazy(m): 6:58am On Feb 02, 2015
Caracta:
What about countries with stable power supply?

Do they have magical transformers?

Nice and interesting write-up.

Errrrm...I've always wondered why we do not get power supply whenever there is an interesting football match.

Name one Afican and their size compared with Nig.
Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by otokx(m): 6:59am On Feb 02, 2015
Nice theory.
Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by pauloskie38(m): 7:03am On Feb 02, 2015
God bless you for this post. Been expecting something like this to really know what's wrong with our electricity
Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by phransix147(m): 7:07am On Feb 02, 2015
Is it kano that should enjoy 24/7 power or Ogun? Kano consumes as much as it generates while Ogun consumes just a fraction... Op. revisit and correct pls.
Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by phransix147(m): 7:09am On Feb 02, 2015
victorazy:

Our size should be a blessing not a curse! China and America 4 instance
Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by Caracta(f): 7:11am On Feb 02, 2015
victorazy:

I just need to know how it works for them...completely independent of my country's experience. I want to know if they have alternative source(s). I want to know where and what we can explore further. That isn't a crime, is it?
Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by tempex88(m): 7:11am On Feb 02, 2015
lomomike:

Must you derail this thread with your childish political rants. The so called clueless individual is much more successful than you, older than you, has achieved only what a few has achieved, and what millions dream of achieving.
Grow up and stop being silly and childish.

Fine, he derailed the thread but pls stop referring to someone who has obviously failed Nigerians as a success. I will rather pprefer to sit back at home and watch TV than be responsible for a Nation where ova 200 school girls has been kidnapped and over 13 thousands lives has been lost. Imagine what wouldbe said concerning his Govt in History. Pls, my current president does not in any way fall in class of successfull. If success is on a grade of 1 to 10, I place him at -minus 4.luck/favour does not transalate success.
Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by phransix147(m): 7:11am On Feb 02, 2015
jude33084:

Grow up!

Power was even worst during his time. If you were not born then, ask your parents. undecided

Pls argue wat u know...
Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by Deiok(m): 7:12am On Feb 02, 2015
This is my field. Nice one op. But this isnt the reason for power problem in this country.
Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by chumasmog(m): 7:14am On Feb 02, 2015
Thanks for the info... @ op
but i still dnt thnks its enough reason why Nigerians the giant supplier of gas shouldn't have electricity..
One of the reasons is that necessary provisions have not been put in place
secondly, those in power who are involved in the importation of Generator.. Would not let stable the power (light).
Afterall we don't consume half of what China consume.....

D simply ansa is corruption and politics.

D one to transform this country is yet to be born! Lol
Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by phransix147(m): 7:14am On Feb 02, 2015
Caracta:

I just need to know how it works for them...completely independent of my country's experience. I want to know if they have alternative source(s). I want to know where and what we can explore further. That isn't a crime, is it?

No dear, u are just being inquisitive. They paint a picture of 24/7 power as impossible whereas countries are practicing it.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by mrofficial(m): 7:15am On Feb 02, 2015
lomomike:

Must you derail this thread with your childish political rants. The so called clueless individual is much more successful than you, older than you, has achieved only what a few has achieved, and what millions dream of achieving.
Grow up and stop being silly and childish.

Some of you don't know what success is. Being president is not success when the people you govern cannot feel the impact. It's more like failure.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by Nobody: 7:15am On Feb 02, 2015
Caracta:
What about countries with stable power supply?

Do they have magical transformers?

Nice and interesting write-up.

Errrrm...I've always wondered why we do not get power supply whenever there is an interesting football match.

Electrical overload, pr'haps?

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by Caracta(f): 7:16am On Feb 02, 2015
phransix147:
Is it kano that should enjoy 24/7 power or Ogun? Kano consumes as much as it generates while Ogun consumes just a fraction... Op. revisit and correct pls.

He said, CASE STUDY!

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by jaybee3(m): 7:18am On Feb 02, 2015
Caracta:

He said, CASE STUDY!
Engineer Caracta MSc Phd
Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by Caracta(f): 7:18am On Feb 02, 2015
Deiok:
This is my field. Nice one op. But this isnt the reason for power problem in this country.

What is the reason? Educate us pls. I really want to know.

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by Caracta(f): 7:20am On Feb 02, 2015
jaybee3:

Engineer Caracta MSc Phd

Lol. I like things like this ehn cheesy
Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by phransix147(m): 7:23am On Feb 02, 2015
Caracta:

He said, CASE STUDY!

I observed that in the case study! Read the case of Kano and Ogun and see the final assumption... Did u read thru or u glide thru?
Re: Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding by jaybee3(m): 7:24am On Feb 02, 2015
Caracta:

What is the reason? Educate us pls. I really want to know.
They have smart substations (much better control systems)

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Is Biggest Nose In The World / OJUGBO GODSTIME OMONEKA's Lost Wallet Found In Oshodi / Two Electrocuted Trying To Save Others (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.