Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare (27320 Views)

Nigeria Moving Towards Another Collapse, Civil War – Pastor Bakare / 'I Support A Restructured Nigeria' - Pastor Bakare Addresses The Nation (speech) / Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by chamboy(m): 7:42am On Feb 01, 2015
Mimiko continue try to Cajole The Man of God ooo...
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Opiosko: 7:42am On Feb 01, 2015
Cutehector4u:
Why such uncommon sense dsplayed by pastor bakare. If he knew dat mnany millions of nigerians r wallowin in poverty then he should hav taken d ride and sold it, used the money to feed the internally displaced people in the north east.
Na eye service tins.... Jesus never yearn for a political order, a minister's aim ought to be about true repentance and salvation of souls.
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by lalasticlala(m): 7:42am On Feb 01, 2015
aladdin001:
Y u no collect n sell am. Giv d money to charity. Ur rejecting it neva change d Nigeria still... undecided

Nice point
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by chamboy(m): 7:42am On Feb 01, 2015
Rolls Royce; I smell PDP.... hmm hmm Mimiko
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by tony1980: 7:44am On Feb 01, 2015
Rolls Royce is one of the wonders on machine

100 Most Powerful Ways Guaranteed To Make More Money Everyday In Nigeria Now!

My Dear, Just Rush Now & Get Your Own Over 100 Hottest Business Opportunities, Free Financial Assistance & Latest Money Making Ideas Like Over 5,000 Other Nigerians Immediately Without Delay Right Now By Clicking On BusinessFinancialIdeas
When You Visit http://www.facebook.com/pages
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Nobody: 7:44am On Feb 01, 2015
papiforreal:
True man of god God
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by firstlady01(f): 7:45am On Feb 01, 2015
Cutehector4u:
Why such uncommon sense dsplayed by pastor bakare. If he knew dat mnany millions of nigerians r wallowin in poverty then he should hav taken d ride and sold it, used the money to feed the internally displaced people in the north east.
my brother it won't b easy for him to do dat, after selling he might take some money out of It which will not be ok for his conscience.so it was better he rejected it at once.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by chumakk: 7:47am On Feb 01, 2015
Tunde, God bless you.
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 01, 2015
If I didn't know this man,I would said he was acting for the cameras,but this is just who he is,respectable,principled and a philanthropist,bless you sir.

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by dokunbam(m): 7:52am On Feb 01, 2015
Its ok,
May be he refer a jet

But I always like Pst Bakare

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by OLADD: 7:59am On Feb 01, 2015
Johnnyessence:
FORMER CPC vice presidential candidate and founder of Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare has declared that he earnestly yearns for a better Nigeria where good governace, equal distribution of the nation’s resources amongst others for all citizens.

The former running mate of Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) made this remarks while ministering during the inauguration and commissioning of Grace and Glory Chapel in Ikeja, Lagos, while giving reasons why he rejected a car gift for his 60th birthday.
Pastor Bakare said he was not interested in becoming a local champion in a city of the blind, recalling that, some persons brought him a 2015 model of Rolls Royce during his 60th birthday which, he said, he out rightly rejected, adding that he was not in need of such exotic car while majority of Nigerians are wallowing in poverty.

“I want to see good governance. I want to see discipline. I want to see equitable distribution of resources. I want to see the poor being educated. I want to see a nation that works,” Bakare said.
Continuing, he said: “I don’t want to be a local champion in a city of the blind. I am not in need of a 2015 model of Rolls-Royce which was presented to me as a gift.

“I was sitting at home one day and they brought in a brand new 2015 Rolls-Royce into my house. My 60th birthday was coming. I looked at it, kai! This is awkward. When you open your car, your door goes this way, its own door goes that way. It clears the way so that there is nothing blocking your way.

“I saw a button. They said: it is an umbrella sir. It is on every door in case it is raining, you just push it and the umbrella comes out. I said: Na wa o. Then I said: Oya, leave this place.

“Where is the road that I will ride it upon? My heart is not in things like this. I asked my son to take a photograph of the brand new car as a proof,” the controversial pastor noted.

Bakare also averred that poverty has made most Nigerians to believe that anybody without a jet has not arrived, adding that majority of those who bought jets can no longer maintain such jets and are busy leasing them out.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/rejected-rolls-royce-gift-pastor-bakare/

This is sheer sycophancy. I watched a sermon by him some years ago where he spoke against celebration of birthdays. He specifically inferred that the birthdays celebrated in the biblical days ended in disasters using that of Herod's daughter who requested for the head of John the Baptist as an instance. How come he violated his preaching by holding elaborate birthday party in 2015? I am not criticising him but men of God must live above board and eschew partisanship.
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by popcykaylah(m): 8:02am On Feb 01, 2015
oritsejafor,oyedepo and pastor Chris ..hope you guys are reading this...materialism and money don nearly turn those ones head.only God knows those serving him..even their blind members don't even know who they are in church to serve ..their pastor or God?smh
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Janetozi(f): 8:03am On Feb 01, 2015
Oyah! Lets clap for him.

Kwam kwam kwamkawm kwam!!

Good pastor.

He is trying so hard to Convince us that he is still upright. if not, he would have reject the gift and kept it to himself without us letting us know that he rejects such a gift.

Had it been that it is the person that gave him the give is the one praising him for rejecting the gift, i would have clap harder but he is the one praising himself.

If he have the opportunity to become a president or vice, he will buy cars and more material things of life that are much more expensive things of life, then the well being of the poor will become secondary.
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 01, 2015
Costs notin less than 140M
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by BTT(m): 8:04am On Feb 01, 2015
Cutehector4u:

Same voice of Iscariot.

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 01, 2015
BTT:

Same voice of Iscariot.
hahahahhahahha lol. Dats true. Ur very right. I neva tot of that.
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by BTT(m): 8:09am On Feb 01, 2015
HugeCock:
He should have accepted d gift, sold d car and donated 80% of the money to charity

And again, the voice of Judas Iscariot.

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Tymax(m): 8:13am On Feb 01, 2015
robinsoncrosoe:
Pishure of him rejecting it or........................

Cheap way of wanting to be called a saint
Lol. You obviously don't know him. If you think you can win him over with gifts or even harmless flattery, my man, he will fall your hand promptly.

Politicians have learnt to steer clear of him when it comes to bribes and "incentives".

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by notoriousbabe: 8:14am On Feb 01, 2015
marshalcarter:
If na pastor chris

Iffa hear sey him no collect amgrin
dat one go collect anything collectable

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Whobedatte(m): 8:18am On Feb 01, 2015
aladdin001:
Y u no collect n sell am. Giv d money to charity. Ur rejecting it neva change d Nigeria still... undecided
it's not easy as u think, the benefactor would want him drive it so as to show his offer of ostentation
nice decision.

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Shaw007(m): 8:18am On Feb 01, 2015
"Where is the road that I will ride the car upon"

This is the way Forward, corruption has eaten so deep we No longer have a sense of good and bad,

It has started, The repulsion of evil has finally begun!

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by clemostika: 8:18am On Feb 01, 2015
denkyw:
a beg I dey go church,will comment when I come back,..........zooms of with ma Bugatti
u don repair ur keke...
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Tymax(m): 8:19am On Feb 01, 2015
Janetozi:
Oyah! Lets clap for him.

Good pastor.

He is trying so hard to Convince us that he is still upright. if not, he would have reject they're gift and kept it to himself without us letting us know that he rejects such a gift.

Had it been that it is the person that gave him the give is the one praising him for rejecting the gift, i would have clap harder but he is the one praising himself.

If he have the opportunity to become a president or vice, he will buy cars and more material things of life that are much more expensive things of life, then the well being of the poor will become secondary.
Lol. Written by someone who has lost faith in the integrity of Nigerians.

This is the same man who rejected the obscenely excessive allowance given to all who attended the National Conference.

If you want to point out the wrong doings of a government/system, it's better to keep away from all their incentives and gifts so they won't beset you.

There are still many others like him who wouldn't partake in the "king's" delicacies.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by clemostika: 8:24am On Feb 01, 2015
tony1980:
Nigeria is going to be great again! All hands must be on desk to make it a reality!

100 Most Powerful Ways Guaranteed To Make More Money Everyday In Nigeria Now!

My Dear, Just Rush Now & Get Your Own Over 100 Hottest Business Opportunities, Free Financial Assistance & Latest Money Making Ideas Like Over 5,000 Other Nigerians Immediately Without Delay Right Now By Clicking On BusinessFinancialIdeas
When You Visit http://www.facebook.com/pages
u sabi business but u no sabi English... u relate to Buhari? All hands must be on deck no bi desk...
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by clemostika: 8:33am On Feb 01, 2015
Pastor pastor I hail o! U said u rejected d car but u still had time asking questions of some function/features of it... God is watching...
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by bayulll01(m): 8:35am On Feb 01, 2015
holicalpha:
You rejected the car because you want good governance.? How does rejecting the car make Nigeria better.? How does it help the poor, it would have made sense if you accept the gift,sell it and donate the money to an orphanage.

You rejected the gift but couldn't reject the position as Mr B running mate last election..

If you really want to make the world/Nigeria a better place please contribute and help the masses..
I know many people say trash about T.B Joshua but He is still a man of God i respect til date unlike some people desparetly vying for political position.

----------- Valar Moghulis
heaven will be utterly ashamed of you now,your parent will be surprised at the level of your idiocy,your children will be embarrass for having a foool as a father,and the society will be disturb at the level of your impunity,if he had collected it,you will be among the first people that will abuse the man,and u will even ask of prove if he told the congregation and the money is given to the poor

2 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by holicalpha(m): 8:37am On Feb 01, 2015
You had to insult to make a point abi.?? Who's the idiot here.??
bayulll01:
heaven will be utterly ashamed of you now,your parent will be surprised at the level of your idiocy,your children will be embarrass for having a foool as a father,and the society will be disturb at the level of your impunity,if he had collected it,you will be among the first people that will abuse the man,and u will even ask of prove if he told the congregation and the money is given to the poor
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by lugado: 8:45am On Feb 01, 2015
this brings us to another topic:who is the most generous known pastor in Nigeria
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by philips70(m): 8:48am On Feb 01, 2015
Janetozi:
Oyah! Lets clap for him.

Good pastor.

He is trying so hard to Convince us that he is still upright. if not, he would have reject the gift and kept it to himself without us letting us know that he rejects such a gift.

Wisdom cometh by hearing. If he keeps quiet, no one will learn from it. Secondly, I can hear guys saying why not collect then sell and give to the poor. When a man of principle does that he saliently encourages the givers of such Greek gifts. There are several ways to rid this nation of ills. Pastor Bakare is one man of God I still have utmost respect for. Fighting for the people from a position of comfort is not a virtue of the elites which he belongs to. Men of principles are very few in Nigeria of today. His refusal to hobnob with the Tinubus even with his distaste with the current government shows he is a man of character and must be commended.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by ALISMILE(m): 8:51am On Feb 01, 2015
HugeCock:
He should have accepted d gift, sold d car and donated 80% of the money to charity
U knw most pple don't like it wen their gifts re not protected by d beneficiary! I think rejectin it is still better! If he had sold it some wud say he ssold it and spent d money or gave it to his child! Nigerians re not easy please! Nigerians re difficut pple!

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Ranchhoddas: 8:53am On Feb 01, 2015
holicalpha:
You rejected the car because you want good governance.? How does rejecting the car make Nigeria better.? How does it help the poor, it would have made sense if you accept the gift,sell it and donate the money to an orphanage.

You rejected the gift but couldn't reject the position as Mr B running mate last election..

If you really want to make the world/Nigeria a better place please contribute and help the masses..
I know many people say trash about T.B Joshua but He is still a man of God i respect til date unlike some people desparetly vying for political position.

----------- Valar Moghulis
It's Morghulis.
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by fuckerholic(m): 8:58am On Feb 01, 2015
alaoeri:
Whether you like him or not, Bakare is still upright than many MOG e.g the jet owner bling bling pastor.
He is less privilaged to own a jet...all these are political propaganda.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? / Pastor Ugoeze Elendu Chukwuebuka Shares A Picture From His Dramatic Past / Prophet TB Joshua's Funeral Service Updates (July 5th - Sunday 11th July, 2021)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.