Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare (27317 Views)

Nigeria Moving Towards Another Collapse, Civil War – Pastor Bakare / 'I Support A Restructured Nigeria' - Pastor Bakare Addresses The Nation (speech) / Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by cliper230(m): 9:07am On Feb 01, 2015
This man has being leading by example..and vry fearless man and alwys of speeking the truth...

2 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by superstar3: 9:08am On Feb 01, 2015
HugeCock:
He should have accepted d gift, sold d car and donated 80% of the money to charity

The people or person that brought the car gift can do the same.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by authenticated: 9:24am On Feb 01, 2015
How much has he Bakare donated to his members or the downtrodden as Jushua is doing. I beg my I hear.
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by lukaino(m): 9:25am On Feb 01, 2015
Pastor sir, if you truly care for the needy in Nigeria, sell your mansion in America(home to cockroaches & rodents) and give the proceeds to the needy.

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by loomer: 9:36am On Feb 01, 2015
ALL HE SHOULD HAVE DONE WAS, ASK THE PERSON WHO BOUGHT THE CAR TO RETURN IT, COLLECT HIS/HER MONEY THEN GIVE IT TO THE NEEDY.

THAT TO ME WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER BECAUSE I BELIEVE IN BETTER.
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by sophy17(m): 9:48am On Feb 01, 2015
holicalpha:
You rejected the car because you want good governance.? How does rejecting the car make Nigeria better.? How does it help the poor, it would have made sense if you accept the gift,sell it and donate the money to an orphanage.

You rejected the gift but couldn't reject the position as Mr B running mate last election..

If you really want to make the world/Nigeria a better place please contribute and help the masses..
I know many people say trash about T.B Joshua but He is still a man of God i respect til date unlike some people desparetly vying for political position.

----------- Valar Moghulis

What is bad is bad. Asking him to collect n sell to give to d poor would have generated controversy. Jesus said go n sell n give to d poor n not to collect what you dont want/need n b d one to sell. What if d source is questionable?

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by elbaraj001(m): 9:58am On Feb 01, 2015
...u re beginning to drag comparison into this...if atall vying fr a position will give him the opportunity to change some of the things he feels are not good y not?..T.B. Joshua is highly respected but we never said u should mention his name just for comparison sake...try to see things from different direction then weight them to see the better one.....no insult pls..You rejected the car because you want good governance.? How does rejecting the car make Nigeria better.? How does it help the poor, it would have made sense if you accept the gift,sell it and donate the money to an orphanage.

You rejected the gift but couldn't reject the position as Mr B running mate last election..

If you really want to make the world/Nigeria a better place please contribute and help the masses..
I know many people say trash about T.B Joshua but He is still a man of God i respect til date unlike some people desparetly vying for political position.

----------- Valar Moghulis[/quote]
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by olad2020: 10:18am On Feb 01, 2015
There's really no pleasing you Nigerians is there?

We sound like people who would have criticize Jesus if he was alive today. If the man collects the car, na wahala. He rejects the car, na wahala. What do nigerians really want? I am beginning to DOUBT if we can spot the difference an act of corruption or morality even if it hits us in the face like a small ball.

For those who say how those this story affect nigerians.
No matter how small you think rejecting such a gift is, can we start commending people for little acts of ethics. Corruption wont go away in one day, like any other journey it starts with little steps.

Can we please stop trying to criticize people who are trying to stand out from the rot of this country and not put them down. Isn't it better than men of God that will collect, wipe their mouth clean and pretend they are feeling people's pain (we don't like that either). So what's the problem here? What's the crime or sin here? Do enlighten me because i'm in support of small acts of morality that can inspire people to make the right choices.

For those who say why didn't he sell it and give charity.
This is such a human problem as far back as Judas Iscariot and the woman in the alabastar box. As noble as the act is,I still don't see what he's done wrong by not collecting it at all. Its a choice, you can choose to do that when you are given such, its a choice. He probably knows those people well enough that when he starts collecting such from them, its another wahala. Let's be fair in our judgement, SUPPOSE God commends this act, then how fair are we?

We are so quick to celebrate Mandela, Ghandi, Mother therasa etc. Is this not how they started? .

I don't know this man neither have I ever followed him BUT in this generation where finding people of moral standards is extremely low, I'll rather we celebrate small WINS we have that show that there's still a bit of sanity out there and all is not lost. Merci

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Billygee2u: 10:22am On Feb 01, 2015
only God knows what transpired
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by raficki87(m): 10:24am On Feb 01, 2015
To all of you saying he should have sold the car... Who go buy am for naija? The ones who have the money to do such would not buy 2nd hand. And if u say he should sell it cheap,then what's the point then of selling and using it to help oda's >sad

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by scholarben: 10:31am On Feb 01, 2015
Story for the godS
TIME FOR MOBILE MARKETERS

I will give u access to complete Nigerian phone numbers categorised into 36 different states in Nigeria including fct for a token of #2500
Chat me on whatsapp @0816539fourtyfiftyone
political party members act fast
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by EHoudini: 10:33am On Feb 01, 2015
I do find this as cheap publicity stunt. u didn't reject tithes, seed offerings from some of ur members hu can hardly feed. I can swear by God u have a car in ur fleet that's worth N50m. U r no saint Mr Pastor!
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Djicemob: 10:38am On Feb 01, 2015
Who believe this story can believe anything he is been told.
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by dahmelawlah(m): 10:41am On Feb 01, 2015
Cutehector4u:
Why such uncommon sense dsplayed by pastor bakare. If he knew dat mnany millions of nigerians r wallowin in poverty then he should hav taken d ride and sold it, used the money to feed the internally displaced people in the north east.
Bro as for me, he did the right thing cos just like anybody, i won't be happy if i give someone a gift only to learn he didn't use it at all buh instead sold it. I would care less the reason for which he sold it.

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 01, 2015
dahmelawlah:

Bro as for me, he did the right thing cos just like anybody, i won't be happy if i give someone a gift only to learn he didn't use it at all buh instead sold it. I would care less the reason for which he sold it.
yes he did the right thing. I realised I was wrong when someone quoted me d judas iscariot saga wen he was with gold and told jesus it will be sold and the returns wil be given to d poor and he rebuked him
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by poiZon: 11:18am On Feb 01, 2015
him church still dey collect offering? if yes, y?
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Tinyemeka(m): 11:33am On Feb 01, 2015
holicalpha:
You rejected the car because you want good governance.? How does rejecting the car make Nigeria better.? How does it help the poor, it would have made sense if you accept the gift,sell it and donate the money to an orphanage.

That is where you got it wrong. Accepting the gift is by extension, an endorsement of the crass worship of materialism that we see practised almost everywhere in the country these days, including so many churches.

Just like the first commenter @Johnnyessence rightly pointed out.
When Nigeria gets better , members of churches
will no longer think of such mundane thing as
presenting gifts of jets and exotic cars to their
pastors. Such an action is a reflection of a
decadent society worshipping on the altar of
materialism, wastage and misplaced priority
mistaken for prosperity! Many thanks Pastor!
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by porka: 12:12pm On Feb 01, 2015
Must he advertise this "rejection" to the public?

What else has he been rejecting?

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by vooks: 12:18pm On Feb 01, 2015
Bakare is one negro I want to meet, there is so little negative about him here even by the dyed in the wool critics of Christianity
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Ephemmm: 12:37pm On Feb 01, 2015
holicalpha:

So, he was wrong to vie for the position of VP in your myopic thinking? You have to wake up from your slumbering honezly...
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Ephemmm: 12:42pm On Feb 01, 2015
Janetozi:
Oyah! Lets clap for him.

Kwam kwam kwamkawm kwam!!

Good pastor.

He is trying so hard to Convince us that he is still upright. if not, he would have reject the gift and kept it to himself without us letting us know that he rejects such a gift.

Had it been that it is the person that gave him the give is the one praising him for rejecting the gift, i would have clap harder but he is the one praising himself.

If he have the opportunity to become a president or vice, he will buy cars and more material things of life that are much more expensive things of life, then the well being of the poor will become secondary.

Continue deceiving yourself. Why was account of miracles performed by Jesus kept? Dude it was done so DAT followers can learn...

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Ephemmm: 12:45pm On Feb 01, 2015
[quote author=lugado post=30320794]this brings us to another topic:who is the most generous known pastor in Nigeria[/quote

Though not a member of his church, but I give it to TB.

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 01, 2015
clemostika:
u don repair ur keke...
lolx, that was seven years ago na,,am now a big boy.
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Ringjunior(m): 12:58pm On Feb 01, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
As he always rejects gifts from PDP.
But he collected millions during dat last confab
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by yemmit90: 1:06pm On Feb 01, 2015
holicalpha:

Your level of reasoning is extremely poor. Do we need to call God for you to know that the gift is not but a mere bribe to make him submissive,oblige or support their corrupt practices?

He should collect the car that was probably bought from the money meant to developed his society, sell and donate the money to orphanage? How does that help the society?

You even contradicts yourself. How would he help the society he belongs if he rejected VP slot?

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by mrnairaland1(m): 1:14pm On Feb 01, 2015
HugeCock:
He should have accepted d gift, sold d car and donated 80% of the money to charity
will you buy it?

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by yemmit90: 1:22pm On Feb 01, 2015
HugeCock:

You guys are as corrupts as the said politicians.

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by lukas280(m): 1:59pm On Feb 01, 2015
an educated and well meaning pst of the highest order..sir i most commend your true nature of not move by material things we call blessing

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Onliie(m): 2:18pm On Feb 01, 2015
the only reason he rejected the car is so that he can go to the public and boast of his holier-than-thou attitude. Must he tell us?
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by nedu2000(m): 3:34pm On Feb 01, 2015
HugeCock:
if you give someone a gift and the person sells it how would you feel?

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 01, 2015
Whether accepted or rejected, Nigeria's economy remains unaffected...
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by KwoiZabo(m): 4:41pm On Feb 01, 2015
robinsoncrosoe:
Pishure of him rejecting it or........................

Cheap way of wanting to be called a saint
God Bless you. When real men of God reject such gifts they don't broadcast it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? / Pastor Ugoeze Elendu Chukwuebuka Shares A Picture From His Dramatic Past / Prophet TB Joshua's Funeral Service Updates (July 5th - Sunday 11th July, 2021)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.