Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,811 members, 7,820,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers (4576 Views)

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Price In Slot & Jumia Nigeria 2018 / Tecno Should Stop Lying To Its Customers / MTN Is Rewarding Its Customers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 01, 2015
I placed an order for an Innjoo Tablet T1 on the 19th of December 2014 with order number 308677966 from Jumia Nigeria and the sum of 16,999 naira was debited fron my bank account because i paid for the product online through Jumia's online transaction platform and with my Zenith Bank Naira Master Card. An hour later i got a confirmation email for a failed order and after placing several calls and sending several emails for over 4weeks, Jumia Nigeria keeps giving me the same perfectly reharsed speech of "kindly excercise patience with us while we resolve this as soon as possible", "We appreciate your patience and understanding", "you will be notified on the next line of action", with their calls and emails. Till today i haven't been refunded and neither have i even been given an update concerning the issue.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by Wisdomkosi(m): 3:36pm On Feb 01, 2015
Don't patronize jumia. Choose konga and pay on delivery. Una no gree

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by learnine: 4:48pm On Feb 01, 2015
Get great prices on all items when u shop on www.learninemall.com it has been tested and proven to b the safest online store in 9ja. it also offer cash on delivery. start shopping today
Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by blackfase(m): 5:11pm On Feb 01, 2015
Why are people still patronising these internet retail bots with all the negative reports flying around. Be wise.
Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by DarkFive: 5:32pm On Feb 01, 2015
Send an email
Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by deor03(m): 5:35pm On Feb 01, 2015
choose whodeybuy instead

Wisdomkosi:
Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by nairalife2013(m): 5:37pm On Feb 01, 2015
Wisdomkosi:
jeez! I was just abt placing an order after losing my blackberry. This has helped thanks!

2 Likes

Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by dosht(f): 5:47pm On Feb 01, 2015
Always use pay on delivery

6 Likes

Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by Gudiza(m): 6:07pm On Feb 01, 2015
^^ Simple
....OP dat was ur own mistake.
Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by tempest01(m): 6:13pm On Feb 01, 2015
dumo1:
I placed an order for an Innjoo Tablet T1 on the 19th of December 2014 with order number 308677966 from Jumia Nigeria and the sum of 16,999 naira was debited fron my bank account because i paid for the product online through Jumia's online transaction platform and with my Zenith Bank Naira Master Card. An hour later i got a confirmation email for a failed order and after placing several calls and sending several emails for over 4weeks, Jumia Nigeria keeps giving me the same perfectly reharsed speech of "kindly excercise patience with us while we resolve this as soon as possible", "We appreciate your patience and understanding", "you will be notified on the next line of action", with their calls and emails. Till today i haven't been refunded and neither have i even been given an update concerning the issue.
have you contacted your bank?I know I used to have this kind of problem back then when shopping with Amazon.
my account gets debited but transaction fails...I go to the bank with the email and they return the funds to my account.

2 Likes

Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by abesky(m): 6:13pm On Feb 01, 2015
I always use pay on delivery method. Be wise meh

2 Likes

Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by tdayof(m): 6:17pm On Feb 01, 2015
You guys should try using cash on delivery

4 Likes

Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by Saucekide25(m): 6:36pm On Feb 01, 2015
Sorry for the Mix-up...Always Buy from Jumia via their Agents,you get discounts and someone to lean on to.... Call or whatsapp 08122204769 to order your items(5k +) @1k discount..
Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by JumiaPlus: 6:44pm On Feb 01, 2015
Sorry about the inconvenience dumo1,

did you receive a call for order confirmation?

Have you contacted your bank?

I would suggest that you patronize a Jumia sales agent in subsequent times, we have a way to fast-track orders.
Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by JumiaPlus: 6:45pm On Feb 01, 2015
nairalife2013:
jeez! I was just abt placing an order after losing my blackberry. This has helped thanks!

Why dont you allow us handle the challenges for you?
Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by nairalife2013(m): 7:41pm On Feb 01, 2015
JumiaPlus:

Why dont you allow us handle the challenges for you?
I want any blackberry fon with touch screen and keypad. 3ok. Is dat possible?
Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by JumiaPlus: 7:59pm On Feb 01, 2015
nairalife2013:
I want any blackberry fon with touch screen and keypad. 3ok. Is dat possible?

No Sir

1 Like

Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by Nsonaso(m): 8:13pm On Feb 01, 2015
dumo1:
Cash on delivery..... bro
Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 01, 2015
It annoys me when I see things like this, order then pay on delivery after inspection of the product, end of story.
Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 01, 2015
imas:
It annoys me when I see things like this, order then pay on delivery after inspection of the product, end of story.
they wont take it back if you have opened it
Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by nairalife2013(m): 10:22pm On Feb 01, 2015
JumiaPlus:

No Sir
the least is how much?
Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:49pm On Feb 01, 2015
I have been using jumia for a while now and they seem to be different from what people say about them online. I do pay on delivery and i am always surprised to get my item the next day from their dispatch.
Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by Nobody: 11:21pm On Feb 01, 2015
Nsonaso:
Cash on delivery..... bro

Learnt my lesson bro. a friend of mine said the same thing too. Thanks for the advice.
Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by Nobody: 11:27pm On Feb 01, 2015
JumiaPlus:
Sorry about the inconvenience dumo1,

did you receive a call for order confirmation?

Have you contacted your bank?

I would suggest that you patronize a Jumia sales agent in subsequent times, we have a way to fast-track orders.

Yes i have contacted my bank and i am still waiting for their reply. But the fault is on your end not the bank. The bank did their job of sending me the debit alert of the transaction your company made from my account. After several calls and emails. Same story. Not even a single update email to show the seriousness of how far your company went in resolving the issue. I really am dissapointed.
Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by Hollawaley(m): 11:52pm On Feb 01, 2015
Choose pay on delivery and check your products thoroughly b4 paying the delivery pple.
Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by okinme: 12:47am On Feb 02, 2015
MTN DATA SHARED OFFERS.
GET MTN DATA FOR BLACKBERRY 10, ANDROID & MODEM @ AFFORDABLE AMOUNT.
1GB ----------1200
2GB -----------2400
Call 08035448544 OR 08053635768
I accept Bank payment or MTN Recharge Card.
Thanks
Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by Nobody: 3:53am On Feb 02, 2015
Wisdomkosi:

Both Na d same.. Konga is the king of refurbished phones
Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by Oyetboy(m): 4:21am On Feb 02, 2015
okinme:
MTN DATA SHARED OFFERS.
GET MTN DATA FOR BLACKBERRY 10, ANDROID & MODEM @ AFFORDABLE AMOUNT.
1GB ----------1200
2GB -----------2400
Call 08035448544 OR 08053635768
I accept Bank payment or MTN Recharge Card.
Thanks
thief
Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by vosquare: 7:57am On Feb 02, 2015
For those saying d op should use pay on delivery, this method of payment is not available all over Nigeria.pay on delivery affects location...both konga and Jumia are d same...na God ft help u....but pay on delivery is not in every location
Re: How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers by JumiaPlus: 8:57am On Feb 02, 2015
dumo1:

Yes i have contacted my bank and i am still waiting for their reply. But the fault is on your end not the bank. The bank did their job of sending me the debit alert of the transaction your company made from my account. After several calls and emails. Same story. Not even a single update email to show the seriousness of how far your company went in resolving the issue. I really am dissapointed.

Sir, we cannot be too sure, the order wasn't even confirmed at our end, if it was, and we couldn't process your item, you would have received a voucher. In this case, the order wasn't even confirmed. There should have been an automatic cash reversal by your bank, but most banks don't function that way.
Please consult your bank.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Retrieve My Zain Line, I Do Not Have The Sim Pack Again / HOTTEST: Have YOu Gotten THe MTN Free 30GB.. See Here Now / 1gb Data Cost 1 Rupees In India That's Nigeria 5naira 193gb @ 800naira Plus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.