Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,040 members, 7,845,382 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Christian Association Of Nigeria (can), Now Unclad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christian Association Of Nigeria (can), Now Unclad (1306 Views)

Killings: Christian Association Of Nigeria Accuses Lai Mohammed Of Cover Up / United State Fires Back At Christian Association Of Nigeria / Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Association Of Nigeria (can), Now Unclad by shenisaac(m): 9:14am On Feb 02, 2015
CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (CAN), NOW UNCLAD
hey guys. I just got info here in Dutse Jigawa about some CAN activities as regards politics; here goes

About four days back, some of my friends notice how their Catholic member colleagues at work were receiving calls and then eventually sneaked out of work to run to church for a bit. When they returned and things didn't go as planned for some, thats how the info got out about happened.
They learnt that the Chaplain at Aso Rock had been given money to distribute to CAN. That of Jigawa landed at Christ the King Catholic Church, Dutse.
Few relevant members were informed whom in turn informed their friends. Lowlives however, where exempted. Those on the list got amounts ranging from N30,000-N300,000. Others who came on short notice got N4000-N10,000. These 'lucky' ones even included Hausa-Muslim bike men who got the hint from around.
Lowlives (one of whom is a cleaner in the church and who broke the news to my friends because she felt she was treated 'unfairly') said they were told by 'father' behind a locked entrance that they were late and they should leave. She said she had to beg someone when they father left before she gained entrance.

Hmmm... Can i say sad?! So sad that CAN and politics are so married. CAN is now a striper in a strip bar, fully unclad and dancing to the rhythm of Politics sitting right there on the sofa. And this acts are more depressing than a lap dance.
Some Pastors have unceremoniously absconded back to their villages, leaving the flock with 'i'll be praying for you' speeches. Later this year, we ll all hear them brag about being fearless defenders of the flock.

Its amazing that as long as anything is done by the 'ordained man of God', good or bad, it cant be questioned nor challenged cos it ll amount to 'judging the anointed'. Well friends, christian theology is deeper than that. Its only a matter of time before God raises a new breed to carry 'the Truth' to the nations. SHALOM
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (can), Now Unclad by saaedlee: 9:19am On Feb 02, 2015
Isn't it pathetic, how appalling it is!

Oh Oristejafor,
Oh FeeDeeFee,
Oh GEJ
Thou has failed this nation. Pack up and leave honourably!

Vote General Muhammadu Buhari For President
Vote Change
Vote APC

1 Like

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (can), Now Unclad by 9jatriot(m): 9:23am On Feb 02, 2015
Guy review your write up, the catholic church is no longer a member of CAN.

Moreover, this obvious bribery though not impossible is not likely.
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (can), Now Unclad by Pangea: 9:36am On Feb 02, 2015
That is part of the 30 trillion missing under Okonjo Iweala
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (can), Now Unclad by jacabi(m): 10:28am On Feb 02, 2015
"My house shall be called the house of prayer; but you have turned it to a den of thieves"

1 Like

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (can), Now Unclad by shenisaac(m): 12:56pm On Feb 02, 2015
9jatriot:

Well, i report what happened. The news here is that the cash wash distributed through CAN. If it landed in the Catholic church, doesnt that tell u that the claims of non-membership and non-participation may be only stories? The beneficiaries were not strictly catholics o. So, as much as you feel i should have said otherwise, this is actually what happened
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (can), Now Unclad by shenisaac(m): 1:03pm On Feb 02, 2015
9jatriot:

And FYI, The Carholic church ARE still members of CAN. They only annouced a trmporary suspension of active membership pending when things ll improve
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (can), Now Unclad by 9jatriot(m): 1:07pm On Feb 02, 2015
shenisaac:

Well, i report what happened. The news here is that the cash wash distributed through CAN. If it landed in the Catholic church, doesnt that tell u that the claims of non-membership and non-participation may be only stories? The beneficiaries were not strictly catholics o. So, as much as you feel i should have said otherwise, this is actually what happened
I wasn't there, only sounded strange to me. Most churches I know will rather keep the money and make an announcement if they are Lucky that so and so candidate made a donation towards a projects. Others will simply pocket the money without telling the congregation, but have people come queue up for money sounds archaic to me.
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (can), Now Unclad by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 02, 2015
9jatriot:

Catholic Church only suspended activities at national level they are still members or CAN at state level

1 Like

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (can), Now Unclad by 9jatriot(m): 1:11pm On Feb 02, 2015
aisha2:

Catholic Church only suspended activities at national level they are still members or CAN at state level

My mistake then. Thanks for the clarification, if I consider it important enough I could research it out, otherwise I will take your word for it.
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (can), Now Unclad by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 02, 2015
9jatriot:

My mistake then. Thanks for the clarification, if I consider it important enough I could research it out, otherwise I will take your word for it.
Catholic Church still in CAN – Bishops’ president

FEBRUARY 18, 2013 BY JUDE OWUAMANAM, JOS
President of the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria, Most Rev. Ignatius Kaigama, has said the Catholic Church is still a member of the Christian Association of Nigeria.

The church, he said, simply withdrew from CAN activities at the national level because the association had deviated from its spiritual roles.

Kaigama, who spoke to our correspondent in Jos on Sunday, said CBCN was amused when it read about the purported pull out of the Catholic Church.

The CBCN president, who is the Catholic Archbishop of Jos, denied that he called CAN leadership names, saying the report was the figment of the writer’s imagination.

He said, “We read with great consternation, surprise and apprehension all the newspaper headings that Catholics have pulled out of CAN. I am the president of the Bishop’s Conference of Nigeria, I did not issue a press statement to that effect and nobody consulted the Catholic secretariat or me to know if we have pulled out.

“So it is either somebody, who has an ulterior motive or a grouse against the Catholic Church that brought up that because all we asked for was dialogue.

“There is no doubt that we have problems with CAN leadership and the vision of CAN that tend to be distorted. The essence of CAN is Christian unity and we feel that that was not paramount in the present constitution of CAN. There is no dialogue either at the spiritual, theological or pastoral level.

“There is more emphasis on secular activities and we say no let’s come back to our original vision so we wrote a letter to CAN president to say look considering all that have been going on, we will not attend national meetings for now until these issues are resolved and we are open to dialogue.”

Kaigama said if the Catholic Church had withdrawn from CAN, it would have directed all its members at the state level to do the same.
http://www.punchng.com/news/catholic-church-still-in-can-bishops-president/

1 Like

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (can), Now Unclad by Skako(m): 1:21pm On Feb 02, 2015
Don't u know the meaning of CAN?corrupt association Nigeria

the best corrupt man among them is oritse jafor
Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (can), Now Unclad by 9jatriot(m): 1:25pm On Feb 02, 2015
Thanks for sparing me the stress.
aisha2:

Catholic Church still in CAN – Bishops’ president

FEBRUARY 18, 2013 BY JUDE OWUAMANAM, JOS
President of the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria, Most Rev. Ignatius Kaigama, has said the Catholic Church is still a member of the Christian Association of Nigeria.

The church, he said, simply withdrew from CAN activities at the national level because the association had deviated from its spiritual roles.

Kaigama, who spoke to our correspondent in Jos on Sunday, said CBCN was amused when it read about the purported pull out of the Catholic Church.

The CBCN president, who is the Catholic Archbishop of Jos, denied that he called CAN leadership names, saying the report was the figment of the writer’s imagination.

He said, “We read with great consternation, surprise and apprehension all the newspaper headings that Catholics have pulled out of CAN. I am the president of the Bishop’s Conference of Nigeria, I did not issue a press statement to that effect and nobody consulted the Catholic secretariat or me to know if we have pulled out.

“So it is either somebody, who has an ulterior motive or a grouse against the Catholic Church that brought up that because all we asked for was dialogue.

“There is no doubt that we have problems with CAN leadership and the vision of CAN that tend to be distorted. The essence of CAN is Christian unity and we feel that that was not paramount in the present constitution of CAN. There is no dialogue either at the spiritual, theological or pastoral level.

“There is more emphasis on secular activities and we say no let’s come back to our original vision so we wrote a letter to CAN president to say look considering all that have been going on, we will not attend national meetings for now until these issues are resolved and we are open to dialogue.”

Kaigama said if the Catholic Church had withdrawn from CAN, it would have directed all its members at the state level to do the same.
http://www.punchng.com/news/catholic-church-still-in-can-bishops-president/

1 Like

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (can), Now Unclad by MalcoImX: 1:37pm On Feb 02, 2015
Collect the money and vote for APC. These people won't stop until they cause religious crisis. It would have been Sharianization of Nigeria were a Muslim to do this.

2 Likes

Re: Christian Association Of Nigeria (can), Now Unclad by ofala(m): 2:08pm On Feb 02, 2015
@Op, for the records: The Catholic Church had since exempted themselves as a body from every activities of CAN for sometime now and by the way; many of us who are Christians are seriously campaigning & gaining grounds in our modest efforts to see GMB in Aso Rock this May 29th.

If they decide to share a little fraction of our "missing" trillions , I urge you guys to collect because such cash came from our collective purse but ENSURE you have your PVC and do the needful....

#DeliverYourStreet

#VoteForBuhari/Osinbajo

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Dog, Its Bone And Some Critisism Of Jonathan / Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan To Seek One Term - BBC / General Buhari Is An Agent Of Destabilization – Bola Tinubu -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.