Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,377 members, 7,836,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Police Begins Investigation Into Statements By Ex-militants – IG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Begins Investigation Into Statements By Ex-militants – IG (732 Views)

Senate Begins Investigation Of Dino Melaye Over Alleged Certificate Scandal / 32 Seater Bus Manufactured By Ex-Militants Arrives Abuja For Delivery To Buhari / Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Begins Investigation Into Statements By Ex-militants – IG by MRLINGTON(m): 10:47am On Feb 02, 2015
The Inspector-General of Police, Suleiman Abba, said on Sunday that the force had begun investigation into inflammatory statements allegedly made some Niger-Delta ex-militants.

Abba said this while fielding questions from newsmen shortly after the inauguration of some operational vehicles for police by President Goodluck Jonathan in Abuja.

However, he said that not every incident warrant arrest. “Do not forget it is not at every instance you arrest someone, sometimes, the best you do is to prepare yourselves, get your evidence first.

“When you have your evidence, then you go into arrest. Arrest should normally come after the investigations, investigations are ongoing,” he said.

On whether the police need formal complaint on those statements, Abba said that the force did not need any formal complaint. “I am not aware that any of my officers have said that you require complaint over that – inflammatory statements by ex-militants.

“Like I said investigations are going on, when it is the time to arrest, we will effect arrest,” the I-G said.

On political thuggery, Abba said that all those involved in the act during political campaign rallies had been arrested, except the incidents in Rivers state, which were still being investigated.

“There is no single incident during political rallies that arrests have not been made, except like I said earlier one or two incidents in Rivers, which investigation is still going on.

“In all other incidents arrests have been made, even when the courts were on strike, we were still able to make arrangements where they (thugs) were properly secured.

“Now that some of the courts are back, prosecution has already commenced in that regard, but remember it is not in every state that we witness thuggery,” he said.

The I-G, who said that none of the political rallies had been disrupted by act of thuggery, expressed happiness that the exercise was gradually coming to an end.

“Most of the leaders of the political parties have sent commendations to the fact that we are able to provide sufficient security for them to conduct their rallies and campaigns,” he said.

Source:http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/02/police-begins-investigation-into-statements-by-ex-militants-ig/

Re: Police Begins Investigation Into Statements By Ex-militants – IG by chigoizie7(m): 10:51am On Feb 02, 2015
please what is there to investigate again? it is obvious those touts made such comments, so just get an arrest warrant and head to their hide outs and pick them up. nigerian police behaving like programmed robots
Re: Police Begins Investigation Into Statements By Ex-militants – IG by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:52am On Feb 02, 2015
Maybe the police should start investigating the northerners with their inciting statements and threats of violence, and indeed actual violence against southerners.

1 Like

Re: Police Begins Investigation Into Statements By Ex-militants – IG by baybeeboi: 10:55am On Feb 02, 2015
and I hope they start from as far back as 2011 to investivate the ''Dogs and babbons'' and ''blood'' threats.
Re: Police Begins Investigation Into Statements By Ex-militants – IG by baybeeboi: 10:56am On Feb 02, 2015
and I hope they start from as far back as 2011 to investivate the ''Dogs and babbons'' and ''blood'' threats.
That killed Innocent Nigerians.
Re: Police Begins Investigation Into Statements By Ex-militants – IG by kestolove95(m): 11:00am On Feb 02, 2015
Mtseew
Re: Police Begins Investigation Into Statements By Ex-militants – IG by slimfit1(m): 11:10am On Feb 02, 2015
He is not well trained otherwise he would have done his job properly so don't blame him.
Re: Police Begins Investigation Into Statements By Ex-militants – IG by clevvermind(m): 11:16am On Feb 02, 2015
those who said they would form a parrallel government if they lose should be investigated too or this investigation will be useless.
Re: Police Begins Investigation Into Statements By Ex-militants – IG by clevvermind(m): 11:19am On Feb 02, 2015
baybeeboi:
That killed Innocent Nigerians.
they ought to start from there. useless people. they would not do anything. mark my words.
Re: Police Begins Investigation Into Statements By Ex-militants – IG by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 02, 2015
After Theophilus Danjuma called for the arrest of the militants,the Nigeria Police has now woken up.
After investigating their statements,what next?
Re: Police Begins Investigation Into Statements By Ex-militants – IG by Bashirfuntua(m): 11:25am On Feb 02, 2015
fp

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About Tunde Bakare's Forced Resignation / Jonathan: We Can’t Wipe Out Boko Haram Before Elections / Man Kills Neighbour In Lagos Over Generator Fumes(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.