Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,979 members, 7,821,419 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan (46510 Views)

Nigeria Moving Towards Another Collapse, Civil War – Pastor Bakare / Chris Okafor Blasts Bakare, Mbaka, Demands Nnamdi Kanu's Release / I Left N600m In PFN Account -oritsejafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by dapojaja(m): 3:24pm On Feb 02, 2015
The Serving Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly and Convener of the Save Nigeria Group, Pastor Tunde Bakare has lashed out at CAN and PFN for endorsing President Goodluck Jonathan for the 14 February presidential election at the expense of one of their own, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, the running mate to the All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential candidate, Muhammadu Buhari.

Bakare, who had repeatedly called for the postponement of the elections, said during his sermon at the weekend that he learnt Christian leaders held a secret meeting where they endorsed Jonathan, saying that the reason Christian leaders said they won’t support him (Bakare) in 2011 when he was running mate to Buhari was because they claimed he was too controversial and had never contested any election before.

He asked: “Why have they refused to support Osinbajo who is not a radical in 2015?”

Bakare lamented that the development could lead to a sharp division within the church, insisting that because 2014 was not fixed, a dangerous storm would brew after the general elections since all the stakeholders have refused to heed his warning that the polls should be postponed.

In his sermon titled “The Sweet And Sour Ministry Of The Prophet”, Bakare said “a prophet is sent to bring change not build consensus,” adding that “ whenever you compromise what is right in order to gain acceptance with men, you lose acceptance with God.”

He said some of the compromising Christian leaders he often described as palace prophets, were only after their pockets, which was why they have queued behind Jonathan and rejected their ‘son’.

The biblical quotation, “He came unto his own, and his own received him not,” played out itself a few days ago when the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, and the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, PFN, rejected Pastor Osinbajo who came to them for support for his political ambition. They told him that they were for President Jonathan.

Leaders of CAN and PFN had met at the Redemption Camp of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, to pray for the nation and the forthcoming election, but the meeting turned out to be for a secret endorsement of Jonathan’s candidacy.

In attendance at the meeting, P.M.NEWS gathered, were Pastor Enoch Adeboye, General Overseer, RCCG; Bishop David Oyedepo of the Winners Chapel; Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, CAN President; Rev. Felix Omobude, PFN President; Pastor Paul Adefarasin, PFN Vice President; Pastor Wale Adefarasin of the Guiding Light Assembly and other key Christian leaders in the nation.

Pastor Osinbajo was also at the meeting to seek their blessing to support him and the candidacy of General Muhammed Buhari.

Pastor Paul Adefarasin was said to have broken the silence when he asked Adeboye who they should support since his ‘son’, Pastor Osinbajo is vying for the vice presidency with Buhari. They wanted Aeboye to say something and Osinbajo was watching as he believed that ‘Baba’ will certainly ask other leaders to endorse him, but he was disappointed.

Adeboye was said to have told them that he is a man under authority and that since he is under the authority of CAN and PFN, whoever they endorsed, he would support and go with them.

It was then that Oyedepo stood up and said he had prayed and that God was leading him to endorse and support Jonathan and that was the script the Christian leaders adopted at the expense of Osinbajo.

Instead of the meeting being for prayer for the nation, it was gathered that it turned out to be for the secret endorsement of Jonathan as all the leaders present except Osinbanjo agreed that CAN and PFN should go with Jonathan.

Osinbajo was not allowed to address the Christian leaders, giving the excuse that since the other contesting party was not present, they would not allow him to address the audience.

He was said to be downcast as his own rejected his aspiration.

CAN has been campaigning for Jonathan through messages being sent on Wasap to discredit the candidacy of Buhari in order to sway people to support Jonathan.

In one of the messages sent by CAN, it said that “during Babangida’s regime, he sold Nigeria to (Organisation of Islamic Countries) OIC” in order to Islamise Nigeria with an agreement that OIC will be supporting Nigeria financially and materially to accomplish their mission. And every year, Nigeria will be paying interest to OIC. So from IBB’s regime, Nigeria has been paying, until 1999 when Obasanjo who is a Christian came and stopped it for eight years.

“Then, in 2007 Yar’Adua came in and paid the outstanding debt of Obasanjo to OIC, with an interest and apology, he also paid his own from 2007 – 2010 and died. Goodluck Jonathan came in and stopped it for six years now and OIC constitution said that any member nation that stopped this payment for 10 years will be automatically excommunicated. Now GEJ has ruled Nigeria from 6th May, 2010 – 2015. He is seeking for 2nd tenure that will make it 10 years so that Nigeria will be delivered from the blood sucking Islamic religion,” CAN said in the text message, believed to be sponsored by Pastor Oritsejafor.

CAN further said that was why APC Presidential candidate, Buhari has been fighting to rule Nigeria since Obasanjo’s administration to date.

“Remember Nigeria’s 100 years centenary was in 2014. And any religion that starts to rule from this 2015 will take dominion till the next 100 years. Note: I am not campaigning for GEJ, but I am just revealing a secret to my fellow Christians to vote for religion. Forget Boko Haram. OIC masterminded it to distract us, it will soon be over.

“Nigeria did not have the monopoly of terrorism, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Egypt, Pakistan, Kuwait, Somalia, etc have. This entire nation has been fighting terrorism since in the 80s yet… Don’t personalize this secret please! Make sure you send it to all your friends and everybody around. May God bless you, as you will vote for a Christian President in Nigeria election – 2015. Remember, God will judge you for using your thumb to dig the grave of his Church –CAN,” the Wasap message said.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/02/bakare-blasts-can-pfn-for-endorsing-jonathan/

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by ziccoit: 3:28pm On Feb 02, 2015
I'm not surprised, CAN has always been a scion of PDP. Reading through the whole article almost made me cry. GEJ is using Christianity religion to push this country into a serious chaos from which she may not recover.

PFN was used during the last Osun gubernatorial election. These people were reported distributing religion leaflets with inscription "VOTE JESUS VOTE OMISORE". Why oh why.

Oh God the most powerful; the most knowledgeable; the Knower of hiddens; I pray onto You, dismantle the ever divisive government of GEJ, put an abrupt end to his callousness and desperation. Disgrace him and his partners in crimes. Uphold Your righteous ones and push down the selfish ones among the so called MOGs. Put down their walls of corruption.

278 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by clevvermind(m): 3:32pm On Feb 02, 2015
na wao. this pastor has really lost his calling. he has lost his anointing and started sinking. may God save his soul.

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 02, 2015
Only God knows who the real men of God are. no b talk talk and private jets b everything. Jesus fought for the betterment of the people with little or nothing. Selfishness and greed has turn fellow Nigerians against one another.

Everybody is hiding themselves under the umberlla of corruption, selfishness, greediness, hypocrisy, speciousness, empty talk, insincerity, falseness, deceit, dishonesty, mendacity, pretense, duplicity, looting, stealing from the poor masses. Nigeria have been a coward in almost all her existence. Should we continue this way? God must surely intervene. We Nigerians rejects cowardice.

Things must be done differently.

39 Likes

Re: Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by Johnnyessence(m): 3:57pm On Feb 02, 2015
so many pastors and bishops that called themselves holy pastors holy prophet will enter d kingdom of God. no more salvation teachings again only for us to be hearing wealth teachings God will surely judge everyone .Cos' siding one politician to another will destroyed d church at large.pastor or bishops meddling into politics of this country is not a true pastor even d bible said Jesus said I know my fruits and my fruit know me .forget Feb 14 is d judgement day and we are casting our vote to d people's general Buhari and by d grace of God we plead d will of God will certainly come to pass.Cos' we represent change on everything we do.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by resty4(m): 4:04pm On Feb 02, 2015
Supported, xristans must wise up.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by Johnnyessence(m): 4:05pm On Feb 02, 2015
on Feb 15 u will be seeing result from different state even in bayelsa state people are ready to cast their vote for GMB .in as much their will be peace in all zones in this country Gej av embezzle our money in all dept in this country. I always be praying for free and fair elections,I always pray for peace to reign I always pray for good and God fearing leaders .I always pray for good people in d government.d will of d masses will prevail by d grace of God Cos' change is here d Lord we are serving is a good God.even d so called pastors and bishops that support Gej bid will hear d result how GMB will win with a huge margin .they will be d one to pray for GMB in his first 4 years in government.

63 Likes

Re: Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by stinggy(m): 4:19pm On Feb 02, 2015
It was then that Oyedepo stood up and said he had prayed and that God was leading him to endorse and support Jonathan and that was the script the Christian leaders adopted at the expense of Osinbajo.

Oyedepo you again shocked

35 Likes

Re: Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by Mclement: 4:20pm On Feb 02, 2015
Osinbajo went there to be endorsed... in their wisdom Christian leaders preferred to support Jonathan. it is fair I think. do u really wants them to support an Islamist president? in any case, Mr Osinbajo will only be an errand boy

104 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by baybeeboi: 4:38pm On Feb 02, 2015
hope this Man did not mistakenly drank spirit in place of holy water....
What is the role of a VP if not getting ready to run errands?
Well,enough of this MOGs....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by Skako(m): 5:28pm On Feb 02, 2015
l just dey pity dem with their fake prophecy that Jonathan will win dis election
if Jonathan lose that mean ur god is a fake god as ur prophecy

buhari for change
osinbajo for progress

pastors for loose

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by Skako(m): 5:30pm On Feb 02, 2015
The person wey don loose already

sai buhari

19 Likes

Re: Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by brainpower(m): 6:45pm On Feb 02, 2015
All I read in this news is that bakare is angry with CAN and PFN for not endorsing Buhari? Which is the greater evil, supporting a Christian for president or supporting a Muslim just cos one pastor out of many was chosen so as to influence the decisions of the Christians. They know Osinbajo isn't there on his own rather he is being used by another muslim(Tinubu). So who would you vote if you wanted to vote in the line of religion? Imagine NEF or NASFAT endorsing GEJ.

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by rozayx5(m): 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2015
grin grin

bakare the sore looser,

if Buhari did not have a lot of image cleaning to do, why has he been using pastors as running mates

he knows what people think about him, so he just tries to deceive the gullible, same way the muslim organisations back buhari, we have to support GEJ

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by jmoore(m): 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2015
Don't worry. They will support 'their own' Fr Mbaka as the running mate of Buhari come 2019 elections.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by Chiefpriest1(m): 6:47pm On Feb 02, 2015
They can endorse whoever they want. I believe that majority of the members of their congregations are intelligent enough to know what is right for them.

If I was a member of their church, no amount of preaching would have made me change my mind as to who I ll vote for. Only mumu people think pastors are infallible and their word is law

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by kay1one(m): 6:48pm On Feb 02, 2015
Hope its not because osi-bad-joor stole his post this time around?! grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 02, 2015
Tunde bakare sharap.a confused man.failbuhari 14

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by Youngandactive: 6:48pm On Feb 02, 2015
In all you do, shun violence

any life lost is never regained

Follow on twitter @YoungAndActiveN

2 Likes

Re: Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by iiichidodo: 6:48pm On Feb 02, 2015
What is Bakare afraid of...??

5 Likes

Re: Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by expert1000: 6:48pm On Feb 02, 2015
Bakare is a used and dumped piece of sh*t.We. All endorse Jonathan.do ur worst.Until u no d real Buhari den u wil Love Jonathan wit all ur heart

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by alentyno: 6:49pm On Feb 02, 2015
Smh
Re: Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by kay1one(m): 6:50pm On Feb 02, 2015
stinggy:

Oyedepo you again shocked

While you're bearing crap he's putting his life to good use!

14 Likes

Re: Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by siegfried99(m): 6:50pm On Feb 02, 2015
Hmm undecided
Re: Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by 234Forum: 6:50pm On Feb 02, 2015
Re: Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 02, 2015
Christianity have been so insulted and ridiculed that Jesus might make his second coming very fast. Some people need to be given rooms in hell to live after death.

Smh

12 Likes

Re: Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by zicoraads: 6:51pm On Feb 02, 2015
Pastor Bakare again? Seriously though, I would love to meet someone who attends that church and ask him if that is still a church or a campaign ground. You cannot be here and there. If he wants to be a pastor, preach salvation to your congregation.

No one is saying you shouldn't criticise our leaders; even Jesus did. But it is becoming too frequent. But if he wants to be a politician, then be one. Stop using the pulpit is a political podium.

And as for the message; except for some churches where daddy G.O is seen as beyond reproach, CAN cannot tell Christians who to vote for. And I am not sure I have gotten that message he is referring to, nor has any friend of mine.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 02, 2015
Re: Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan by DesChyko: 6:52pm On Feb 02, 2015
That awkward moment when a Pastor begins to feel religious leaders belong to a class of their own forgetting it was Christian followers who made them what they are.

Pastor Tunde Bakare should mind his own PVC.

12 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Celestial Church Sings & Dances To Olamide's "WO" During Service (Video) / Armed Policemen At DSS As Suleman Honours DSS Invitation (Photos) / Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom During Service, Many Feared Injured. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.