Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,097 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari (26099 Views)

Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) / I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream / Prof. Osinbajo Pledges To God Not To Steal Public Funds If Elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by rhymz(m): 11:37am On Feb 03, 2015
BraniacX:

Have you heard about agricultural subsidies in the west?
Do you think that apart from garri, yam and beans, there is any other staple food that we can produce that will be cheaper than the imported ones?
Even the chicken is produced far more cheaply in south africa compared to us thanks to agRicultural subsidies
Do you think that our government can afford to subsidise agriculture like the west?
Being idealistic is one thing, being realistic is another
Study up dear, it will help put things in perspective for you.
the kid does not understand even her own arguments. They think subsidy in Agriculture is just for self-sufficiency alone, countries do it to be competitive in the international market, stupid... Lol. The kid knows little to nothing about economics.
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by great664(m): 11:38am On Feb 03, 2015
ajoskele:
Bros, cool down ehn.
If your paymaster eventually wins the election, you MUST show the world the Nigerian-branded rice. Or else, thunder go faya u dia!!
Lol, "Paymaster" and if u have eaten or will eat the rice in future, Thunder will blast u and ur family who refuse to give u proper upbringing, Bastard son of a thousand father.... The rice will choke you anyday and thunder will digest you , Insha Allah!
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by olas24u(f): 11:42am On Feb 03, 2015
rhymz:
before I begin, I would like to know how old you are, I think it is very important. You seem to think everything must start and begin with government. We have production factories that require huge energy already existing in the country even with the limitations of energy production yet your only reason for not going into toothpick production is because GEJ has not given you power to go into it...... Kid you sound like somebody groping in the dark and looking for excuses. There are some products that we just do not have comparative advantage on, you don't sound to me like you are smart, except for the fact that you just want to look for excuse to talk down on the effort of the FG.

If you know anything about economics, you will understand that the reason why there is no serious effort towards that direction fry on Nigerians is because, it is cheaper way cheaper to import it than to produce it, it does not matter even if we can, the comparative cost of production in Nigeria even if we had all the structures in place will still favor China and other countries with comparative advantage on that production. It is not always about government. Even if you can produce toothpick at N10, it will make no economic sense to continue if somebody else can go to China and import it and is able to sell it for N4.

Besides, there are locally made toothpick, it does not require electricity to produce, most of what you use in restaurants are locally made toothpicks, their production won't stop importation either. It just make sense that government maintains a free market policy in this regard as Nigeria also needs to export other products to other countries and can't be banning every damn thing. You should know how stuff works before rushing out to make trite and ignorant statements of comfort.

You write up agrees with what i mentioned .and we are saying the same thing,it cheaper to produce in other lands because they have the infrastructure thats supports production .You can encourage local production also by allowing an increased tariffs that will benefit local producers,Labour cost is still cheap in Nigeria . The government is the problem as refused to support manufacturers all over Nigeria from All the industrial areas they are all closed.why?Kano industrial areas,kaduna industrial areas,Lagos and Ogun industrial areas why?It is largely government.And lastly i never told you i know it all .but i feel so much pain that i supported GEJ and he betrayed the trust and never gave back.
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by olas24u(f): 11:45am On Feb 03, 2015
rhymz:
the kid does not understand even her own arguments. They think subsidy in Agriculture is just for self-sufficiency alone, countries do it to be competitive in the international market, stupid... Lol. The kid knows little to nothing about economics.

Who thinks subsidy in agriculture if self sufficiency alone?You or me.You cannot feed your nation ,you need to conquer hunger in the land before you export and compete .
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by BraniacX(m): 11:52am On Feb 03, 2015
sanmibukunmi:

You can ensure that the product is first produce before importing it if what u wana put a ban on is not something well known to be produce in your country...nigeria is not a known manufacturer of cars so there is need to ensure all factors are on ground and are able to meet the demand here...but for tha case of food products like rice tomato etc 70 percent of rural dwellers know a lot of how to cultivate these. Even in urban areas, 1 in every 3 compound has a tomato garden at his backyard. That means these products are very well known and there is not much to be done in ensuring its demand is meet. What the govt needs to do is just to provide or create avenues for processing them ..simple. You can't compare car manufacutring to rice and tomato cultivation.

Assumptions are dangerous things when applied to planning and policy making my friend and that is why there is a discipline called statistics that puts paid to popular opinions, myths and assumptions in all works of life.

Assuming 70% of rural dwellers will take to rice farming to meet our demand is a fallacy my friend.
Now, let's discuss facts
Fact- Nigeria can not locally meet up with demand for rice not for the next 5years irrespective of how meticulous and good intentioned the president is in planning, that is why banning importation must be a gradual process and therein the obvious difference in terms of education between jonathan and buhari is exposed!
Fact- automobiles are being manufactured in Nigeria already (trucks, buses, trailers especially) by a company somewhere around aba, I'm not sure of the exact location, that same company intends to release its first range of cars either this or next year. Assembly of cars is still being done in Nigeria (mercedes and Peugeot I think, I'm not too sure we are still assemblying volkswagen's anymore) and though the government can't coerce you to patronise any of these products, they can start by patronising them themselves and they are doing that already!
Fact- dangote is currently building one of the biggest tomato processing plants in Africa to go into operation either this or next year and then you can realistically talk about placing high tariffs on imported tomatoes not even ban yet

Arbitrary bans are regressional especially when associated with lack of planning like buhari is proposing, fact is, he has no original ideas, he's only endorsing GEJ's works so you see, change is a gradual and constantly evolving process, not some overnight decisions taken at an autocrat's whims and pleasures for punitive purposes.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by olas24u(f): 11:53am On Feb 03, 2015
omonnakoda:
It does not work that way in practice. It costs money to enforce a ban and those determiined to circumvent the ban will spend money to do so. Those two forces will come to some equilibrium point which will not be where the government wants it. Government has limited money to spend on customs ,police or even prison . Turkey,chicken and fish (frozen) are banned but that is what everyone eats. Rice was actually banned when Buhari was in power as was cocaine and heroin. Cocaine and heroin were sold OPENLY at Oju Ina during Buhari's government.They were sold openly at Onikan stadium during games of stationery stores and at the National Stadium. That was a Military regime so we can safely assume that such a ban will MEAN nothing more than banning sex now in a

civilian regime. By the way at that time police had not started collecting money openly as they do now.
Banning does not make you more efficient it did not work in the past and it won't wok now. Why don't we ban garri? Simple it is not efficient to import it. Rather than focus on banning we should focus on improving productivity
One thing Buhari neglects is that when you ban other too can retaliate and ban your products too. This is the 21st century. We happen to be a member of the World Trade Organization. Yes other members manipulate the rules and so can we but we should do so smartly and after weighing consequences not acting impulsively. Also in international trade we should learn to talk less about such plans andfocus on our areas of strength. If indeed tomato and rice are strength areas we wil become more efficient and there will be no need to ban. At any rate our problem in Nigeria today is not tomatoes it is more serious than that
I believe Nigeria can make all the shoes we need but the way to go about that is not to ban shoe importation.
You made valid points but with checks and balances by the customs and better control when they do their jobs smuggling can be reduced drastically.An exiting WTO for a period of years can help us to produce.
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by BraniacX(m): 12:06pm On Feb 03, 2015
olas24u:

Lagos is already doing is best because the size of the economy is growing and they dont need to wait for clueless people to see 50 years from today.Lagos is on track .it will become a mega city.If APC comes into power you will see transformation and quality people in government,thinkers and idea creators .I taught a Phd person will put thinkers to use ,but even the worst military regime is far better than what we have at the moment.The poverty is just too much.
Lagos is doing her best yet you complain that some industrial estates are being turned to churches? Would you have accepted the same explanation for the FG? That they are doing their best? Why the hypocrisy and double standards?
When it was the FG, it was either they are producing enough or not producing enough, no doing their best, now that it is the state government, you're telling me they are doing their best abi.
So to your knowledge, lagos is on track but Nigeria isn't on track abi I know you hate Jonathan and the PDP, but why should that mean you won't give him his due credit and continually lie to yourself that he is doing nothing? Lying is a sin oh! Remember.
A phd holder that has made Nigerias economy the 26th largest in the world with a plan to make it among the top 20 in the next 10 years is somebody with a plan that obviously puts thinkers to good use so I disagree with your assertion.
And whatever credit you give to lagos state you're indirectly giving to the FG because lagos state doesn't exist in limbo but is rather a reflection of our current economic strength which in case you don't know, is significant

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by BraniacX(m): 12:08pm On Feb 03, 2015
asadike:
ignored
That's funny, you ignore me with a comment and my response is
Wateva undecided
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by KwoiZabo(m): 12:09pm On Feb 03, 2015
Akainzo:

If GEJ wins, PDP will still field a Northerner in 2019. So what exactly is the issue?

Or are you thinking that in 2019, PDP will field a South Easterner or South Westerner? You definitely MUST be dreaming to think this.
that will be just 8 yrs for them but if buhari enters now it will be 12 yrs
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by asadike(f): 12:10pm On Feb 03, 2015
[quote author=BraniacX post=30386533]
That's funny, you ignore me with a comment and my response is
Wateva undecided[/quote ]ignored
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by BraniacX(m): 12:13pm On Feb 03, 2015
Newkidoo:

Try to be reasonable for once!
I said i support him on banning the importation of this goods but the local farmers must be encouraged first and how can this be achieved.
You are so biased and irrational!
who told you local farmers can't compete with imported brands. stop all this your nonsense and be reasonable for once..
nigeria has one of the best citizens ever and with proper motivation and encouragement, we can be the best!
the technology you talk about, if local farmers are well funded with improved technology provided to them, you will see the difference in two to three years. don't just sit in your house and think Nigerians can't compete with other developed nations. it requires great thinking and time. if we keep importing all these all our life, with time local foods will become extinct. With your mindset, am sure we won't be able achieve anything ourselves. must we depend on other nations or must we follow the footsteps of other nations.. let us think and achieve things ourselves. Nigeria has the potential of being the best out of all nations. we just need the right set of leaders at the helm of affairs..

What he was trying to tell you is that whatever buhari calls "plans" are already in place already being done by Jonathan so we are saying that Buhari should bring a completely new idea of his own, not one already in place by Jonathan
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by tswitch: 12:18pm On Feb 03, 2015
It is obvious Pa Buhari is not in touch with the
present day Nigeria!
Well General local rice production is about 50% and
the FG saved about #500billion on rice importation
last year. Ask your brothers up north in paddy
farms for details.
The FG annouced just last week they are stopping
the importation of Tomato paste to improve and
increase local capacity.
Do you have an idea of the present administration's
agricultural revolution? What your campaign team
needs to focus on are new ideas and possibilities
instead of flogging the proverbial dead horse.
The truth is the Retired General has nothing new to
offer all he mentioned in yesterday's prepared
speech is already in progress and the only thing the
Nigerian populace would have voted him for was his
"kwaruption" stance which he has quickly pull the
drain on by saying "he wont probe past
governments".
Only advice from a concerned citizen "retire in
peace and stop being drawn by the strings of the
master puppeteer".
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by omonnakoda: 12:18pm On Feb 03, 2015
olas24u:

You made valid points but with checks and balances by the customs and better control when they do their jobs smuggling can be reduced drastically.An exiting WTO for a period of years can help us to produce.
You are talking theory in reality such checks and balances by NIgerian Customs WILL NOT HAPPEN . Checks and balances have not stopped Boko Haram etc. LEt us deal with the world the way it is not in Theory. They did not happen in a military government and they will not happen now. Nigerians are very very resourceful people. Many of those selling banned products are wives of Customs officer.

The World Trade Organization is not something you join and leave capriciously. A country as big as Russia only succeeded in joining about 2 years ago after many decades.

I do not see the strategy behind your suggestion of leaving WTO for a few years. Policy has to be based on reality,facts and analysis not impulse.
It would be more rational to negotiate with the WTO as India did a few years ago pleading exceptional poverty. But there is a significant difference . Indians are significantly entrepreneurial in a manufacturing way. In Nigeria a very significant portion of our population are entrepreneurial but they are more into buying and selling with a great focus on importing as their clamour for an inland port shows.Will we ignore their strategic interests and start banning ? This is a democracy. You cannot enforce a policy that the people do not accept. Nigerians will not accept such bans and will sabotage it on every level.Nigeria will need to learn from other 2nd tier economies and focus on areas o strength. Having said that duties are a more effective tool than banning . But so called checks and balances only enrich Customs agents such ass ATiku who made a lot of his wealth when Buhari was in power .That shows how effective those checks are

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by BraniacX(m): 12:19pm On Feb 03, 2015
rhymz:
While you are busy wishing it and talking all fine and dandy, the reality is that Nigeria does not have the competitive edge to stand shoulder to shoulder with foreign brands, that is the fact. I am sure you still eat imported frozen livestock, yet you have the option of buying locally grown chicken that are like twice the cost of the original. In the international market, African farmers are still clamoring for foreign governments especially those of the WEST to stop heavily subsidizing Agricultural production as it puts them in a disadvantaged position. Do you know how many billions of dollars that go into the subsidization of wheat in America alone? They are number one in Flour production for a reason, this is a country that produce more than 35% of the world's flour. It is not by being hardworking my guy, there is no country that do not have hard working people, we are talking about smart government policy and not the archaic nonsense Buharis and his bunch of political hangers-on are regurgitating since time immemorial.

The dude is yet to understand what agricultural subsidies means, he is yet to understand that many of those nations subsidise agriculture to a tune far greater than Nigeria's national budget for 3years on a yearly basis, he is yet to understand what genetically modified(GM) products are and how it impoverishes 3rd world farmers despite their governments best intentions
In short, the dude is clueless!!!

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by Whitehorse: 12:26pm On Feb 03, 2015
There are too many children on NL i tell you.

I remember this tin can "messiah" Buhari did this same sort of ban in 1983, sent soldiers into the streets to break into people's shop and force them to sell THEIR goods at a government IMPOSED rates. The result? The economy imploded!

This tin can "messiah" has not read that Thailand is seriously worried that rice exports to Nigeria has massively dropped.

This tin can "messiah" has not heard of the integrated rice value chain, neither has been to the rice mills in Ebonyi state.

I would suggest to the handlers of this tin can "messiah" to get him archive copies of BusinessDay Newspaper. He should read the past five years before speaking.

The sad truth is that this tin can "messiah" is VERY clueless and still living in 1983. He belongs on a shelf in a Museum. God forbid that this man should EVER smell Aso Rock

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by chibas: 12:28pm On Feb 03, 2015
kettykin:
The ban if not preceded with massive investment in the production of rice and tomato in very sufficient quantities will lead to scarcity of the products and an increase in price.

The economic hardship of the ordinary nigerian would blow out of proportion followed with starvation and economic hermorhage as a result of smuggling of the banned goods.
No mention was made of the ban in importation of palm oil which is presently being imported with subsidy of N 24th paid for the import, this is a clear case flawed , lopsided economic policy .

A great economic policy rather than ban would massively encourage the local production of rice and tomato , increase tariff on the import of the same while with improved infrastructure and financial incentives encourage the local producers of rice and tomatoes to export their products
u just shoot urself in the leg same u that said the ban of importation of rice and tomatoes will result to inflation what will also happen if he increase tariff will it not also result to high cost? Guy yhink.
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by chibas: 12:34pm On Feb 03, 2015
tswitch:
It is obvious Pa Buhari is not in touch with the
present day Nigeria!
Well General local rice production is about 50% and
the FG saved about #500billion on rice importation
last year. Ask your brothers up north in paddy
farms for details.
The FG annouced just last week they are stopping
the importation of Tomato paste to improve and
increase local capacity.
Do you have an idea of the present administration's
agricultural revolution? What your campaign team
needs to focus on are new ideas and possibilities
instead of flogging the proverbial dead horse.
The truth is the Retired General has nothing new to
offer all he mentioned in yesterday's prepared
speech is already in progress and the only thing the
Nigerian populace would have voted him for was his
"kwaruption" stance which he has quickly pull the
drain on by saying "he wont probe past
governments".
Only advice from a concerned citizen "retire in
peace and stop being drawn by the strings of the
master puppeteer".
mere promise but aganga states in 2011 that importation of fuel will stop by 2014 according to report,mind u we are in 2015.
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by BraniacX(m): 12:42pm On Feb 03, 2015
ajoskele:
Someone said GEJ is eating Nigerian rice. I still dey laugh oh.

Me too dey follow you laugh oh! grin
My pocket sef dey laugh oh! grin
Bag of rice na just N8,500 oh! grin

Kai buhari!! angry

Sai Jonathan!! grin
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by omonnakoda: 12:45pm On Feb 03, 2015
BraniacX:

The dude is yet to understand what agricultural subsidies means, he is yet to understand that many of those nations subsidise agriculture to a tune far greater than Nigeria's national budget for 3years on a yearly basis, he is yet to understand what genetically modified(GM) products are and how it impoverishes 3rd world farmers despite their governments best intentions
In short, the dude is clueless!!!
Nigeria's national budget x 3 in one year? Many nations.really? not sure what you mean by NATIONAL whether this is the FG or the entire nation .Let us assume it is the FG which is the lower figure last year about $26 billion x 3 = $78 billion.

You are telling us that MANY nations have agricultural subsidies TO A FAR GREATER TUNE than $78 billion dollars annually

with respect sir that is simply untrue. I will just assume you were indulging in a little hyperbole. Having said that even with subsidies there are many products that countries with high subsidies cannot or do not produce across board e. Rice,Cocoa,Cassava,to name a few. Nigeria without subsidy and using a not very efficient model has one of the largest population of cattle in the world.
There are still many products where we can compete or even dominate we have many environmental advantages That lace us among leader in Palm oil,cashew,groundnut and even tomato production.
2nd tier countries like Nigeria CAN COMPETE provided they have a strategy.
Israel is a World leader in agriculture farming in what is largely dessert an making products that compete internationally. Our immediate objective should be to feed ourselves and in that regard it would be hard for foreigners to compete with us in the Nigerian market if we adopt the right policies a major one of which would be Naira devaluation. Our medium term goals should be to trade with our neighbours and to do that we need to improve efficiency in storage,packaging and logistics

Brazil is the world's largest exporter of chicken even though they cannot compete with US on subsidies. It is worth noting that not every farming product benefits from subsidies
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by BraniacX(m): 12:50pm On Feb 03, 2015
asadike:
ignored

Now, I like your style of ignoring me.......grin

You just keep ignoring me in a manner that ends up getting my attention grin, very crafty girl, crafty and sly
Oh wait!!!! shocked

I think she likes me shocked

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! grin grin grin grin

Now, if you don't reply to this, that will actually be you ignoring me for the first time grin
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by davitogreat(m): 12:54pm On Feb 03, 2015
olas24u:

I get your point ,you make sense ,but you cannot build a country this way,you need to produce

Yeah your correct. One needs to provide incentives to produce, but you must do so without banning imports.
If you want to encourage production, you get the energy problem fixed, provide easy access to credit and encourage backward integreation to create an ecosystem. you then top it off by raising tarrifs on imported goods to make them uncompetative in your market place and discourage smuggling.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by BraniacX(m): 12:56pm On Feb 03, 2015
olas24u:

You write up agrees with what i mentioned .and we are saying the same thing,it cheaper to produce in other lands because they have the infrastructure thats supports production .You can encourage local production also by allowing an increased tariffs that will benefit local producers,Labour cost is still cheap in Nigeria . The government is the problem as refused to support manufacturers all over Nigeria from All the industrial areas they are all closed.why?Kano industrial areas,kaduna industrial areas,Lagos and Ogun industrial areas why?It is largely government.And lastly i never told you i know it all .but i feel so much pain that i supported GEJ and he betrayed the trust and never gave back.

You still don't appreciate what subsidy can actually mean or amount to in the west, many times, it amounts to the government paying you the cost of production of that produce in effect buying it without actually buying it, leaving the farmers to sell the already paid for produce at dirt cheap prices internationally for a little extra profit.
Now tell me, how can Nigeria or Africa realistically compete against that?
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by Saved2Serve: 1:01pm On Feb 03, 2015
[size=18pt]you cant say how to improve on our rice production, you don rush go BAN. this is why i love GEJ. he always thinks of the feeling of the masses. You dey carry miliary gra-gra come democracy abi? BAN ko, Buccanneer ni....mtcheew[/size]
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by BraniacX(m): 1:03pm On Feb 03, 2015
omonnakoda:
Nigeria's national budget x 3 in one year? Many nations.really? not sure what you mean by NATIONAL whether this is the FG or the entire nation .Let us assume it is the FG which is the lower figure last year about $26 billion x 3 = $78 billion.

You are telling us that MANY nations have agricultural subsidies TO A FAR GREATER TUNE than $78 billion dollars annually

with respect sir that is simply untrue. I will just assume you were indulging in a little hyperbole. Having said that even with subsidies there are many products that countries with high subsidies cannot or do not produce across board e. Rice,Cocoa,Cassava,to name a few. Nigeria without subsidy and using a not very efficient model has one of the largest population of cattle in the world.
There are still many products where we can compete or even dominate we have many environmental advantages That lace us among leader in Palm oil,cashew,groundnut and even tomato production.
2nd tier countries like Nigeria CAN COMPETE provided they have a strategy.
Israel is a World leader in agriculture farming in what is largely dessert an making products that compete internationally. Our immediate objective should be to feed ourselves and in that regard it would be hard for foreigners to compete with us in the Nigerian market if we adopt the right policies a major one of which would be Naira devaluation. Our medium term goals should be to trade with our neighbours and to do that we need to improve efficiency in storage,packaging and logistics

Brazil is the world's largest exporter of chicken even though they cannot compete with US on subsidies. It is worth noting that not every farming product benefits from subsidies
Okay yes, I indulged in a little hyperbole but essentially, it is still true with the U.S, australia, am not sure about canadA and russia, relatively true about france, italy, germany or should i continue reeling these names?
Bottom line is what they sink into their agricultural sector under different disguises to keep it afloat and competitive internationally and most likely because of votes from workers in that sector dwarfs our budget in a few cases, rivals our budget in many others.
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by asadike(f): 1:04pm On Feb 03, 2015
BraniacX:

Now, I like your style of ignoring me.......grin

You just keep ignoring me in a manner that ends up getting my attention grin, very crafty girl, crafty and sly
Oh wait!!!! shocked

I think she likes me shocked

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! grin grin grin grin

Now, if you don't reply to this, that will actually be you ignoring me for the first time grin
are u kidding me? Likes u?
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by tswitch: 1:06pm On Feb 03, 2015
chibas:
mere promise but aganga states in 2011 that importation of fuel will stop by 2014 according to report,mind u we are in 2015.

Promises nke?
A lot of nairalandlers have keyed into the present administration's agricultural plans and are reaping the rewards.
A visit to paddy farms will show you.
A visit to the agric section will convince you.
Better don't be a thomas while sitting on your arm chair,go and verify!
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by BraniacX(m): 1:12pm On Feb 03, 2015
asadike:
are u kidding me? Likes u?

Aaaaw baby embarassed am not grin

Melikey babe
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by asadike(f): 1:16pm On Feb 03, 2015
BraniacX:

Aaaaw baby embarassed am not grin

Melikey babe
better
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by agabaI23(m): 1:19pm On Feb 03, 2015
kettykin:
The ban if not preceded with massive investment in the production of rice and tomato in very sufficient quantities will lead to scarcity of the products and an increase in price.

The economic hardship of the ordinary nigerian would blow out of proportion followed with starvation and economic hermorhage as a result of smuggling of the banned goods.
No mention was made of the ban in importation of palm oil which is presently being imported with subsidy of N 24th paid for the import, this is a clear case flawed , lopsided economic policy .

A great economic policy rather than ban would massively encourage the local production of rice and tomato , increase tariff on the import of the same while with improved infrastructure and financial incentives encourage the local producers of rice and tomatoes to export their products
That is exactly what GEJ is doing. He is getting to the point of total ban.
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by XBLadez: 1:21pm On Feb 03, 2015
Why doesn't he ban his brothers, Boko Haram, first?
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by BraniacX(m): 1:23pm On Feb 03, 2015
asadike:
I wealy do rrove you embarassed

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahhhha!!!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

*wipes tears of*

Bwahaahahahahahahahah

Can't stop laughing
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by omonnakoda: 1:33pm On Feb 03, 2015
BraniacX:

Okay yes, I indulged in a little hyperbole but essentially, it is still true with the U.S, australia, am not sure about canadA and russia, relatively true about france, italy, germany or should i continue reeling these names?
Bottom line is what they sink into their agricultural sector under different disguises to keep it afloat and competitive internationally and most likely because of votes from workers in that sector dwarfs our budget in a few cases, rivals our budget in many others.
with respect sir IT IS NOT TRUE FOR ANY COUNTRY. By the way what is your definition of a "far greater tune"

Rather than spouting assertions can you provide a source for your assertions. I do not accept that the US spends $78 billion on agricultural subsidies however you claim they spend more "BY A FAR GREATER TUNE". What is the source of this claim
In 2014 the CAP budget for the entire EU was 95 billion Euros not all of the budget is "SUBSIDY" . How much did the greatest beneficiary get ie payments to farmers there is a significaant bureaucratic cost involved in spending and monitoring that money . We would NOT define the Ministry of Agriculture budget as subsidy in Nigeria either.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Ikpeazu Receives Obasanjo In Abia As He Arrives For A Burial Ceremony / How Many Igbo People Have You Worked With? - Peter Obi Asks El-rufai (WATCH) / Borno Sets Condition For Boko Haram Negotiation With FG - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.