Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari (26095 Views)

Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) / I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream / Prof. Osinbajo Pledges To God Not To Steal Public Funds If Elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by BlackPeni5: 6:57am On Feb 03, 2015
Ban Ban Ban...I really wish GMB wins the 2015 elections. it would really make GEJ look like the messiah after a year.

9 Likes

Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by lonelydora: 6:57am On Feb 03, 2015
GMB you are welcomed to Aso rock.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by KwoiZabo(m): 6:58am On Feb 03, 2015
For those of you shouting Osinbajo is a Prof. vote APC, Lets look at the Mathematics. If Buhari wins (which is unlikely) PDP will field an Hausa man 2019, he defeats Buhari and Stays for 8 yrs and hands over to SE. So if SW thinks Buhari is short cut to Presidency, they are dreaming.
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by eaglechild: 6:58am On Feb 03, 2015
This man still thinks he is going to rule by decrees.

Tomato and rice indeed.

GEJ has made the most significant progress in rice farming of any government.

Establishment of modern rice mills.

Bagging of first grade destoned ebony gold rice and others which is now a preferred choice amongst buyers for its superiority.

Rice importation has been reduced to its lowest ever.

This F9 Buhari wants to just jump in and ban one of our major staples because of GEJ's progress in the sector and take undue credit.

13 Likes

Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by gurunlocker: 6:59am On Feb 03, 2015
someone tell this grand pa to shut up..... ban ban ban, if u ban rice and tomatoes without making provision for how we will be producing rice in excess in the country like my president (GEJ) is already doing, how did he expect us to survive...... or this buhari dunno its a gradual process b4 u think of any banning.....

I know he go soon mention banning of nairabet and orijin

5 Likes

Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by OcT29(m): 7:01am On Feb 03, 2015
#SAIBUHARI

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by Sparkle777(f): 7:02am On Feb 03, 2015
Once a military man,always a military man. Watch the words coming from gmb s mouth. Ban, Probe, Jail, Try, I will, etc. Haba, they all have military undertones,this grand pa should be reminded that this is a democratic settings. And govt must be moved alongside the masses. Banning imports without ontheground alternatives discourages the ppl,encourages smuggling and even ruining the system.
Also, have u guys observed that he uses I will, I will in most of his speeches. Hmm,this is quite singular. Is it no longer a function of all parts of govt? It should be "We". This is not an era of decree promulgations.
Methink, gmb is still living in the eighties and can never function with this age. While Goodluck may not be as fast or even efficient as we d want, at least we re in a free society. As my ppl would say, u can't manage dry sh it for ur soup pot just because it looks like dry fish.

8 Likes

Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by sheymoni(m): 7:02am On Feb 03, 2015
Make he ban importation of chicken join. Its very important
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by msmon(m): 7:03am On Feb 03, 2015
As good an idea banning imported goods is, it will give rise to inflation of locally produced goods if efforts are not put in place to produce them massively. Someone should advice GMB that change is a gradual thing!

Shocking Photos: ISIS Throw A 50 year Old Man Off Tower Block,Stone Him To Death For Being Gay
www.nairaland.com/2127181/shocking-photos-isis-throw-man

Spot The Difference In This Pictures Of Wizkid
www.nairaland.com/2126667/spot-difference-featuring-wizkid-photos

Goodluck Jonathan Is A Superior Presidential Material To Muhammadu Buhari, By Femi Aribisala(Columnist)
www.nairaland.com/2127363/gej-superior-presidential-material-gmb#2127363.3
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by sanmibukunmi: 7:04am On Feb 03, 2015
GMB is saying what I like now, but this is the same tin Jonathan is working 2wards so its nothing new....

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by Humblebloke(m): 7:09am On Feb 03, 2015
Vicotex:
if i dey tell una say buhari na enemy of progress dem go say i hate.

He don begin dey plan how he wan take ban things wey dey boost economic

Boost ur english undecided

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by Nobody: 7:09am On Feb 03, 2015
asadike:
What a govt? A govt of ban! He will sanction d press, now he will ban rice and tomatoes.

Do you know the ban helps local production and secures employment. Think long term dear.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by Nobody: 7:10am On Feb 03, 2015
asadike:
What a govt? A govt of ban! He will sanction d press, now he will ban rice and tomatoes.
abeg go sit down wat do u knw abt politics?

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by symbianDON(m): 7:10am On Feb 03, 2015
asadike:
you mean you like it that we import basic food items like rice and tomatoes?
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by Nobody: 7:10am On Feb 03, 2015
Sparkle777:
Once a military man,always a military man. Watch the words coming from gmb s mouth. Ban, Probe, Jail, Try, I will, etc. Haba, they all have military undertones,this grand pa should be reminded that this is a democratic settings. And govt must be moved alongside the masses. Banning imports without ontheground alternatives discourages the ppl,encourages smuggling and even ruining the system.
Also, have u guys observed that he uses I will, I will in most of his speeches. Hmm,this is quite singular. Is it no longer a function of all parts of govt? It should be "We". This is not an era of decree promulgations.
Methink, gmb is still living in the eighties and can never function with this age. While Goodluck may not be as fast or even efficient as we d want, at least we re in a free society. As my ppl would say, u can't manage dry sh it for ur soup pot just because it looks like dry fish.

Chai biased didn't Jonathan use the same singular.
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by sanmibukunmi: 7:13am On Feb 03, 2015
gurunlocker:
someone tell this grand pa to shut up..... ban ban ban, if u ban rice and tomatoes without making provision for how we will be producing rice in excess in the country like my president (GEJ) is already doing, how did he expect us to survive...... or this buhari dunno its a gradual process b4 u think of any banning.....

I know he go soon mention banning of nairabet and orijin
Abeg stop talking like a saddist if it were Jonathan dt said this, u will support it. The thing is that Nigerians need serious laws to start something. Eg befor Obj banned importation of fruit juice, there was no single producer of juice in Nigeria but now there are several producers of juice. The reason Jona bans are not yielding result is because he has not been able to man up and totally ban those tins. Instead, he banned them partially. Totally banning importation will automatically stimulate companies to start producing to meet the needed consumption capacity.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by kennyjodeci(m): 7:14am On Feb 03, 2015
Ikengawo:
Look at this somalian supporter of APC. GEJ's rice import ban takes effect in 2015 and he's telling us he'll do it

But this man don really old naah.....honestly this is not what we need...apc why? Why why why? APC WHY? So sad

8 Likes

Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by goryorhal(m): 7:15am On Feb 03, 2015
C
Sparkle777:

What's this one saying? undecided
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by openmine(m): 7:16am On Feb 03, 2015
kettykin:
The ban if not preceded with massive investment in the production of rice and tomato in very sufficient quantities will lead to scarcity of the products and an increase in price.

The economic hardship of the ordinary nigerian would blow out of proportion followed with starvation and economic hermorhage as a result of smuggling of the banned goods.
No mention was made of the ban in importation of palm oil which is presently being imported with subsidy of N 24th paid for the import, this is a clear case flawed , lopsided economic policy .

A great economic policy rather than ban would massively encourage the local production of rice and tomato , increase tariff on the import of the same while with improved infrastructure and financial incentives encourage the local producers of rice and tomatoes to export their products
My bro u have spoken well...thumbs up..Ad infinitum likes!!!!!!

7 Likes

Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by uchkochi(m): 7:17am On Feb 03, 2015
Listen; Jonathan is the best candidate, I also endorse him. What is Osibanjo doing as a running mate with Buhari a muslim. It is a slap on God's face. The APC'S PLAN IS TO ISLAMISE NIGERIA AND GOD WON'T ALLOW IT. JONATHAN IS DOING WELL BUT HE HAS BAD PEOPLE AROUND HIM DISCREDITING HIS ACHIEVEMENTS. I AM HAPPY THE CHRISTIAN LEADERS ENDORSED JONATHAN.

AS FOR PRIVATE JETS, IT IS GOD'S DESIRE THAT ALL CHRISTIAN LEADERS HAVE ONE FOR THE WORK OF THE MINISTRY. THERE IS NO WAY TO EFFECTIVELY SPREAD THE GOSPEL WITHOUT OWNING ONE ESPECIALLY IF A MINISTRY ENTAILS FREQUENT TRAVELLING.

THOSE PEOPLE CANVASSING THAT PASTORS SHOULD NOT OWN JETS. JETS ARE LIKE INTERNATIONAL CARS. THE POOR WILL NEVER BE SATISFIED EVEN IF YOU FEED THEM EVERYDAY. TELLING A PASTOR TO SELL HIS JET AND GIVE HIS MONEY TO THE POOR IS LIKE TELLING YOU TO SELL YOUR CAR AND GIVE THE MONEY TO THE POOR AND START TREKKING. P. JET IS A NECESSITY NOT A LUXURY.

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by uchesino(m): 7:17am On Feb 03, 2015
harrysterol:
This man wan ban everything? Abeg mke him no ban orijin o grin grin
abi, even Hero
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by menesheh(m): 7:19am On Feb 03, 2015
Nigeria youth will still give u name "ban"

No scientific methodology have ever came out of this man's reading to show the accuracy of his claims, talking "i will" like he is talking to a babe already ontop bed, Promises of heaven and earth.
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by blakky97(m): 7:19am On Feb 03, 2015
oga soja! no go there begin ban everything oh! as we dey see u so. u go ban rice ban chicken ban bread ban motor ban jeans ban oyibo sef. abeg oh!

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by ewerez: 7:21am On Feb 03, 2015
He will soon tell us he will marry for all youths if voted into power.
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by Nobody: 7:21am On Feb 03, 2015
Easier said than done. I wonder how most of us reason. Some people have been already sold by this commonest campaign talk. There are things we should be used to at this time.
Same old story
Same sh*t, different asssholes.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by Newkidoo(m): 7:23am On Feb 03, 2015
Most people that has commented on this thread are just not matured! What has origin got to do with wat he said instead of you to read it and make reasonable contributions, you are acting silly!

I agree with him on banning rice and tomatoes! But before doing that he should make sure the local farmers are fully supported and funded.. I just believe in this man.
Most nigerians has no discipline, that is how corruption starts. If corruption could be curb to the minimal, most of these things he mentioned could be achieved!

One Nigeria, great nation, great people!

Sai buhari

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by expert1000: 7:25am On Feb 03, 2015
kingopta:
GMB for change
Rubbish change.so u tink stealin press freedom n bannin tins is d way 2boost d economy? Mallam go skul u no gree

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by rhymz(m): 7:26am On Feb 03, 2015
This man is dense and very trite. The same old bullshit! I will ban this and that without talking about any policy structure. Even with the huge investment in Agriculture and rice production in particular, Nigeria is yet to be self-sufficient, we can't even produce enough rice to feed ourselves and yet one old man that is out of touch is carelessly talking about a ban on products that we are yet to gain self-sufficiency on.

I thought they said the Jonathan government has done nothing right, ho come he is sitting so comfortably talking about how cool it is for government to have privatize the DISCOs. To even show you how dense and superficial the man is, he is talking about a country privatizing her entire power transmission to the private sectors. Which serious country in the world does such a thing. Does this guy think transmission and distribution are the same thing that you just hand over to the private sector and be at their mercy. I don't think the old man even understand the implication of the nonsense he is suggesting. There are things you just don't hand over to the private sector, a country's transmission network is one of such. That is like handing over the launch code of a dangerous nuclear war head to individuals who should have no business with such. I keep saying it, these guys lack the depth that Nigeria needs to continue to progress, just some shallow oversimplification of the issues is what this guy and his gang are about, nothing of substance.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by Ahmeduana(m): 7:26am On Feb 03, 2015
Pheals:

www.punchng.com/news/ill-ban-importation-of-rice-tomato-buhari/
THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH BUHARI, AM YET TO FIGURE IT OUT, AS IF THE DICTATING TENDENCY IN HIM IS INCREASING BY THE DAY. he frequently use the word "i will" has he forgotten that we are democratic dispensation where you have to table and argue your policies and reach a compromise? SOMEONE SHOULD REMINDS THIS MAN THAT THIS IS 2015 NOT 1984... I rest my case!

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by Pennyways: 7:27am On Feb 03, 2015
adrainuche:
Hmmm Alhaji please ban Brazilian hair thank you cheesy
I think these would reduce the poor masses, and increase capitals to start businesses ...
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by Youngzedd(m): 7:28am On Feb 03, 2015
xreal:
is Nigeria importing Tomato?

Sure, we import common tomatoes.

Soon they will tell me GEJ is transforming agric.

The day, I give up was the day I heard Nigeria also import common toothpick.
Re: I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari by bewla(m): 7:29am On Feb 03, 2015
abut time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PDP Primary Election: Hoodlums Attack Policemen, Set Van Ablaze In Delta (Photo) / INEC Begins Nationwide Display Of Preliminary Voters Register / Atiku To Chef Hilda: May Your Energy Remain Unbroken, Nigeria Believes In You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.